Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E11: Songs & Duets

• Start Topic

An elimination occurs after the ninth week of performances.

YES! We can finally reveal what’s happening on next week’s Dancing With The Stars!

On Monday’s episode the couples will perform two show- stopping dances. For the first routine, the couples will reveal a dance style not yet performed this season. Later in the show, they will be moved into teams to perform a side-by-side dance.

Inspiration for the team routines were drawn from each teams’ travels around the country to experience live productions of famous shows. At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated.

Here are the songs they’ll be dancing to:

– Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – ‘Back It Up’ by Prince Royce f. Jennifer Lopez + Pitbull

– Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – ‘Make it Rain’ by Ed Sheeran

– Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – ‘Roses and Violets’ by Alexander Jean

– Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – ‘What Do You Mean’ by Justin Bieber

– Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – ‘A Cool Cat In Town’ by Tape Five

– Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – ‘Wicked Game’ by James Vincent McMorrow

The teams will dance to songs from the following shows:

– Alek, Lindsay, Carlos & Witney dancing a Paso Doble to “We Will Rock You” by Queen

– Alexa, Mark, Bindi & Derek dancing a Charleston to “All That Jazz/Hot Honey Rag” from Chicago

– Nick, Sharna, Tamar & Val dancing a Rumba to “Hey Jude” from Ciruqe du Soleil The Beatles® LOVE

http://www.justjared...am-dances-here/

'Dancing With The Stars' Week Nine: Showstopper Night! Get The Details On Songs & Team Dances Here!

YES! We can finally reveal what’s happening on next week’s Dancing With The Stars!

On Monday’s episode the couples will perform two show- stopping dances. For the first routine, the couples will reveal a dance style not yet performed this season. Later in the show, they will be moved into teams to perform a side-by-side dance.

Inspiration for the team routines were drawn from each teams’ travels around the country to experience live productions of famous shows. At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated.

Here are the songs they’ll be dancing to:
– Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – ‘Back It Up’ by Prince Royce f. Jennifer Lopez + Pitbull
– Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – ‘Make it Rain’ by Ed Sheeran
– Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – ‘Roses and Violets’ by Alexander Jean
– Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – ‘What Do You Mean’ by Justin Bieber
– Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – ‘A Cool Cat In Town’ by Tape Five
– Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – ‘Wicked Game’ by James Vincent McMorrow

The teams will dance to songs from the following shows:

– Alek, Lindsay, Carlos & Witney dancing a Paso Doble to “We Will Rock You” by Queen
– Alexa, Mark, Bindi & Derek dancing a Charleston to “All That Jazz/Hot Honey Rag” from Chicago
– Nick, Sharna, Tamar & Val dancing a Rumba to “Hey Jude” from Ciruqe du Soleil The Beatles® LOVE

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2015/11/06/dancing-with-the-stars-week-nine-showstopper-night-get-the-details-on-songs-team-dances-here/

If Jessica Rabbit's dress was blue it would be the dress Sharna wore tonight in their quickstep. I think it was prettier on her. So sparkly! I loved it a lot. Nick can be really sassy and snappy when h dances, and that's good. (I think that what makes him better than his brother was.)

Look at all the Backstreet Boys in the audience! (Was that Kevin's wife?)

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2

Wow.  If Tamar didn't have a rough season as it is, this just made it worse. Though the constant updates about her made it seem she was on the Amazing Race.  The woman is pretty spent and Val seems to be a total loss as to what to say after the first dance.  

Meanwhile...(weak squee due to my cold) I cheese up at how proud the Backstreet Boys are of Nick.  

• Love 3

Aww, the ending of Nick and Tamar's duo made me smile with Nick's "I got you, shh, it's okay." I'm not sure that I've seen a celeb ever be so invested in the person thy are dancing with.

Tamar looks a bit like she's going to pass out though. :/

• Love 8

Always great to see BSB. Even is Kevin is looking like a Ken Doll come to life. Alsp, who is voting for Alek? I need to have a word with you...

The Hey Jude number was so fun! Major props to Tamar. I've rooted for her since the beginning and she is SO determined and strong and I really admire her.

• Love 9

I kinda figured when I totaled up the scores for tonight (I've got a running total of cumulative judges scores from the whole season) that when Carlos and Alexa were tied one of them was going to go. I didn't really count on them being in jeopardy at the same time, but that seems like an oversight because of course TPTB would want to milk that.

I'm half surprised that they didn't pull out a surprise double elimination. Don't they need to get rid of an extra couple? Or are they going to have four couples in the finale?

I'm also surprised it wasn't Carlos, though.  And for someone that was so torn up about being in the bottom two, Carlos sure took Alexa's elimination the hardest and cried the most. I mean, yeah, it sucks to see your SO be eliminated from a competition, but ... it's a reality TV show with a gaudy trophy She's not dead. She's not exiled. It's not like they both could have won. I feel like such a bad person for laughing at their reaction.

• Love 11

Interesting enough, I normally found Tamar had the same face for pretty much all of her dances: I don't want to say blank but the emotions never really registered.  But for this one...it looked like she was just happy to be there despite probably being really woozy and it showed.

Alek is still here.  WHY?

"I wish it was me."  Carlos, she's booted off the show, she's not being marked for execution. 

• Love 8

Alek:
Very rudimentary choreo. Zero hips. Yes, we know he's strong and great with the lifts. I just want more.  Scores were fair.  I wouldn't have minded a 7 for not progressing.

Alexa:
OMG that was intense.  I was tearing up at that and it took a minute to catch my breath.  I don't usually react like this to the dances. This was brilliant both in choreography and Alexa's performance. 10s richly deserved. (Also, I like how Mark always quickly tweets a thank you when he gets help with choreo...unlike some pros who get help.)

Carlos:
Some out of sync bits when they were on opposite sides of the door. Nice but no feeling, no fire.  I feel like I've seen parts of this choreo before.  Carlos has a way of ending lifts by kind of clunking Witney back down on the floor.  It always looks like she takes a hard landing each time. In a word, yawn.  I guess the 9s are ok. But at this point, I expect more.

Bindi:
The whole package was about Derek's creative distress?  I didn't get the blindfold.  That one leap from the floor onto Derek, it looked like he or she nearly missed. Anyways, nice job.  Judges never have any critique for her, do they? I guess they think she's perfect. 10s expected and delivered. 

Tamar:
She's just got too much on her plate.  Interesting - Tamar looked much more engaged even though the dance as a whole looked under-rehearsed.  Is that because it was a dress rehearsal and not live tv?  There were times when she looked like she was standing and waiting for the next move.  Also a few balance issues. I'd love to see this fully-rehearsed and properly performed. I feel like this might have been a breakthrough for Tamar's connection with Val that I haven't felt from her all season. It's a shame. Scores were a bit low.

Nick:
I liked the beginning but it seemed to take a long time to get in hold. When in hold, he looked at times like he was favoring that left hip a bit. Didn't like the break in hold and then he was out of sync when he returned to dance with the guys.  He should have stayed in hold till the last couple of bars.  His posture has really improved though.  The 9s were correct. The 10 was too high.

Tamar just left and didn't tell anyone, including Val? That's a little strange.

Alek & Carlos:
Not a good package. It gave the impression that the guys just wanted to play.  They both did a 1-arm lift (Carlos barely, but he did it for an instant).  A little out of sync-right in front of the judges.  I thought the 2-guys part was a wasted opportunity (like Julianne said) - like the guys were joking around instead of being serious to the roles.  The choreo was not good.  The 8s were generous.

Alexa & Bindi:
Jeez - Derek sure does pour on the stress in rehearsals.  They looked in sync to me.  That last turnover - maaaannnnn, that hurt just looking at it. Very enjoyable.  Agree with the scores.

Nick & Tamar:
Feeling bad for Nick.  However Tamar does, he gets the same score. Looks like a quick rehearsal in the red room (All Access).  Valliant effort but it looked under-rehearsed.  At times Tamar would pause like she didn't know the next move. Out of sync many times.  When they were sitting and talking, Tamar looked like she was about to pass out.  Scores were generous.

Well, we knew tptb would create a Alexa vs Carlos jeopardy.
Darn!  Carlos was really trying to get those tears out.  Sad to see Alexa go.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 5

Ugh, they just had to let Tamar out of the hospital didn't they?  We were almost done with her and her crappy attitude and she could have taken care of her health which is more important than some trophy.  But no, she had to come dragging in looking like the Walking Dead.

Alec must be raking in the votes. 

• Love 6

Always great to see BSB. Even is Kevin is looking like a Ken Doll come to life. Alsp, who is voting for Alek? I need to have a word with you...

The Hey Jude number was so fun! Major props to Tamar. I've rooted for her since the beginning and she is SO determined and strong and I really admire her.

Same. I actually admire Tamar a lot.  I know how hard it is to be an independent person, especially a woman. I lost both parents by age 7 but I related more to Tamar than Bindi (weird).  I rarely talked about my parents' deaths b/c I didn't want people to feel sorry for me.

Edited by Brownie
  • Love 7

Carlos needs to win an Emmy for dramatic acting because that was ridiculous. I did not believe even one of those tears.

What tears?  I saw him try to squeeze some out.  I can't believe he's an actor.  He's bad at it.

And Tamar --- she looked like she was going to pass out when she got out of the car.  What is wrong with her?  Your health is more important than a dancing show.  She'll probably be getting a ton of sympathy votes.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 2

I thought Tamar was going to puke there at the end. Funny enough, that group dance at the end is the first time I haven't seen her look like an emotionless robot, so I was with Tom wondering what kind of drugs they gave her at the hospital. I think it was overscored. No doubt she'll be back to being Miss Blank Face next week. I also wonder why people like her bother taking on this show, with its constant rehearsal demands, when they have that full of a schedule. Something's going to suffer and it seems to be DwtS. (Then again, I've never seen her talk show and I've never listened to her music, so they could all be suffering for all I know.)

Holy crap, Alexa and Carlos. Neither of you are dying. One of you was getting booted off an over-the-top cheesy, sparkly reality show. There's no firing squad waiting for you after you take a bow. "I wish it were me instead"? Please. Then again, I wish it was him gone too because I really enjoyed her contemporary tonight and it was the first time I enjoyed her dancing.

Oh, and thanks for ruining that Queen song. It's down near the bottom of my favourite Queen songs, but damn. Both band and dancing sucked for that. 

• Love 6

I kind of loved Carlos at the very end when Alexa was crying in his arms at the thought of them being both in jeopardy, and he was all "It's okay, babe. It's okay. Just give 'em what they want." 

I took that as conformation that the producers put them both in jeopardy just so they could have that OMG marrieds! in jeopardy reaction, and Carlos knew it...

• Love 3

Did anyone else laugh when they showed Alexa and Carlos "during the break" moment? I sure did. This isn't like.. I mean I'm sorry but this is NOT THAT SERIOUS. I wish Carlos had gone, I find Alexa more enjoyable and Carlos is always giving me a vibe but none the less it got so dramatic. 

I love that Val  was very protective over Tamer. Even if I don't like her, I like Val and I like how he always stands by his partners.

Should I feel bad for Derek because last season he got an injury and now he gets all worked up during rehearsal? Sorry, no.

I love Nck. Backstreet boys forever. 

• Love 9

Sorry to see Alexa go, but at least she went out on a good note.

I give Tamar lots and lots of credit, but this is why I don't like the duo dances.  Because your scores live and die by whatever is going on with the other celeb in your pairing.  I assume if Tamar didn't make it back in time, they would have let Nick dance it with another pro (I assume Jenna).   But if Tamar had done the dance and literally forgot half the dance (understandably) then Nick also gets sucky scores for reasons far beyond his control.  This is why I like the trios much better.

• Love 4

Dear show, you can shove Bindi down my throat all you want, but she's like cheesecake. Too sugary sweet and it's coming right back up.

Her lack of line and overwrought mugging were highlighted immensely in the Chicago number next to Alexa. Alexa owned that dance and was an incredible Velma. She shouldn't have left tonight. Her husband or Alek should have gone.

Yes, Julianne, keep throwing 10s to your brother like candy while nitpicking and low balling others. No one will pick up on that! Especially with your sidekick Carrie Ann following the script. Those two are so transparent. Thank you Bruno for keeping it real.

Poor Val. So glad Tamar made it back. She's a warrior and I give her all the credit in the world. She and Nick looked great in the Cirque duet. He really captured the character.

And because it can't be said enough, I echo Tom in his respect for how Val always protects his partner. He was ready to go to bat for her at every turn. That's a great man, friend, and partner. My love for him has grown this week.

I really enjoyed seeing the stage hands giggle at Alexa and Carlos's meltdown. It's a dance show with no prize money, guys, not Sophie's Choice. No one is making you get divorced. And please, Carlos didn't even look moved by his wife's personal dance tonight. I don't buy his histrionics.

Speaking of Carlos, I was so turned off by his reaction to dropping Witney. He didn't look sorry or the least bit concerned. Free Witney!

Loved the clip they played from the break. So the PenaVegas always knew the producers were going for this moment. Interesting. Buying the tears even less now. Yes I'm cynical.

They tried to take Tamar out of it, but she foiled their plans! So pleased for her and I hope she gets rest and gets better. Nick or Tamar needs to win this thing, if only to derail the Bindi train that's been sent down the track at full speed.

• Love 15

I must be heartless, because I cannot stop laughing at the PenaVegas hysterics, just cannot. When she told him to be strong, I can't.

I didn't know if I should laugh, or cry like a PenaVega when Carrie Ann decided to get technical about Nick breaking the rules of a dance. 

Alec has overstayed his welcome. I agree with Lindsay that he's not the best dancer left, in fact, he's the worst and should have left this week.

Tamar: well, it was a dress rehearsal and looked like it. That 7 was harsh, especially considering what Alec received for walking through a salsa.

Alexa: It was a contemporary and they all look the same on this show.

Carlos: Both he and Witney seemed off in that dance.

I'm just so bored by this show this season that I really don't care who wins.

This season has really bored me to the point where I really don't care who wins.

• Love 6

Bummer that it was Alexa and not Carlos going home. I just loved her contemporary with Mark. Over the years, I've been of two minds with his choreography, but that dance was beautiful and powerful. And the duo dance with Bindi was great too.

I have been an Alek fan until the past couple of weeks, but it really felt like it should have been his turn to go home. Even Lindsay said something in the package about him not being one of the better dancers. And he and Carlos seemed kinda like bratty 12-year-old boys on the cruise. I bet Witney and Lindsay wanted to smack them upside the head. I know I wanted to.

Bravo to Tamar; she's quite a trouper. I liked the duo dance and her chemistry with Nick. That was quite a performance for someone who got out of the hospital five minutes earlier.

• Love 7

Alek/Lindsay (Salsa) – Well that was painful. That had to be one of the stiffest Salsas ever. Like there was nothing happening with those hips and I just felt like I was watching Lindsay moving herself around for a minute and a half. Those 8’s were very generous.

Alexa/Mark (Contemporary) – Interesting concept and the choreography was compelling. However, I didn’t feel like Alexa was ever fully in control of the number. I know Mark represented the eating disorder, which was haunting and even taunting her, so in a sense she wasn’t in control until the end when she wins but I just felt like there was a tentativeness to her movements. And there were moments where it felt a bit paint by numbers – turn here, look here, and jump here. But I like Alexa and as I’m used to high scores for contemporary on this show, not surprised or even bothered by the perfect score.

Carlos/Witney (Argentine Tango) – That sucked. Okay maybe that’s a little harsh but I definitely did not enjoy this. I did not love the choreography. I thought there was too much time spent apart and I can understand why Carlos was asking in the package what his role was because I felt like he really didn’t do much. And I actually agreed with Carrie Ann that it didn’t do much for him. I also thought he was pretty hunched for a lot of the in-hold moments, to the point that it even affected some of Witney’s lines, since he was supposed to be leading her.

Bindi/Derek (Viennese Waltz) – I really liked this. I loved the rise and fall and how it alternated between slow, soft and subtle to dramatic and passionate.  I’m not sure the blindfold was really necessary and added much to the performance though. My one quibble is I thought there were a few times in the beginning when Bindi didn’t fully extend her arm movements all the way to her fingertips so it felt a little unfinished. I have to say, if that audience response after the performance is anything to go by, Bindi may have this thing all but sewn up. It reminds me of when Tristan, after Amber won, said on Afterbuzz that he believed Amber always had the audience, whether at home or in the audience, right from the start.

Tamar/Val (Contemporary) – Well that sucks for Tamar. It might have helped if she’d delivered in the dress rehearsal but it’s clear she was probably already not feeling great. It had some decent moments and promise of what it could have been but there were a lot of issues that I’m sure Val figured could be smoothed out for the live performance, except they didn't get that chance. 

Nick/Sharna (Quickstep) – I enjoyed this as a performance but I agreed with Julianne. I thought Nick did really well with Artem and Alan and really held his own. However, for the in-hold moments he lost his frame a little and had the awkward butt sticking out thing happening. But in all in all, it was good.

Alek and Carlos (Paso Doble) – This was very average, which I agree with Julianne was disappointing. You get We Will Rock You, a perfect Paso song if ever there was one and that’s what we get? Alek completely lacked conviction and passion in his movements which didn’t terribly surprise me. However I was surprised that Carlos himself was not much better. Not sure which judge said it, might have been Carrie Ann, but their movements were all too small. And I have no idea what the point of that booty shaking part with the troupe women that Lindsay and Witney threw in. Like we don’t get enough of that from Mandy Moore’s mediocre Pro dances?

Bindi and Alexa (?) – Okay, I put a question mark because the package pretty much said they were dancing Charleston and there was no mention of that changing but I read online that their style had been switched to Jazz. And there was enough Charleston moves in it to make it a Charleston but it could have worked as a Jazz as well, so I have no clue. Either way, it was a really fun number. However, I feel like this was an assignment that you just could not mess up because the music and the musical is just so iconic and fun. Synchronicity would have been the toughest challenge but I thought they handled it very well. During Alexa and Bindi’s duet moments, I thought there were some moves that one had more conviction with than the other and vice versa, but in all they both did a really good job. Didn’t like Derek in drill sergeant mode – I get that he was frustrated and stressed about the time but it looked like he was just stressing Bindi and the more he stressed her out, the more she wasn’t going to get the moves.

Tamar/Nick (Rumba) – This was probably the hardest assignment of these challenges. A side by side rumba and then two celebrity, non-ballroom dancers having to do one of the toughest styles together. I give Tamar and Nick a lot of props. I don’t know that the number had much rumba but I still enjoyed it and mad props to Tamar. I’ll be honest, I was a little scared at the end there when the judges were talking and she looked like she was barely hanging on. I really thought she was about to pass out and I’m sorry, but DWTS is just not worth practically killing oneself over.

So Alexa finally got eliminated. At least she went out on a high note.  Okay seriously, WTF with Carlos’ boo-hooing? Did Alexa die, is she being banished off the earth for being eliminated? It’s a cheesy dance show people – man the hell up dude. Just for that I want him eliminated next week. And as expected, Alek will outstay his welcome. Saw that coming.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

Was impressed and surprised that Tamar showed up. I liked how that whole team, Sharna, Val, and Nick seemed to rally around her.

Sad to see Alexa go, count me as another who wished it would have been Carlos. I thought Alexa totally showed Bindi up in that duet dance.

Everyone knew from the start that TPTB whenever either Alexa or Carlos went home the final head to head would pit the two of them against each other. They did that back in Season 18 with Meryl and Charlie. Though I much prefer how Meryl and Charlie handled that. Charlie had nothing but support for Meryl and Meryl handled the not going home part much more gracefully than Carlos, who just made it all about him with the fake tears and "I wish it had been me."

Speaking of Season 18, why did they keep saying today that this was the "first time" they had the celebs dance together? That's totally false. They did this back in Season 18. Mark mentioned it a couple times and I think Witney did too. Whack.

• Love 3

Nice rendition of The Notebook, Carlos and Alexa. My heart was astir. Who wants to bet she's going to be in the audience tearing up over his dances for the next two weeks? And jesus, what an ugly personality he has.

This show keeps screwing the hell out of Tamar. A 7? When Alek gets more than that for essentially being a robot? And Derek, ever the creative genius, is handed 10s week after week simply because of The Corn? 

Speaking of, Julianne can leave any day now. Her bias is gross. 

• Love 7

"I wish it was me."  Carlos, she's booted off the show, she's not being marked for execution.

Exactly. And this from a guy who said "I want to win....I want to beat my wife" earlier in the night in his package. The crying and melodrama was ridiculous.

• Love 10

Please show, never again with the "war hero" types. I can't deal with them outstaying people miles and miles better just for doing something like that.

Alek needed to be put out of his dance misery this week, but instead the grandmas voted for his looks and patriotism, and the dancing he does took a back seat. He needs to be out next week!

Alexa and Bindi killed it tonight and it's a shame Alexa went because with a score of 60 she would've easily sailed into the finals next week.

Does it make me horrible for thinking I wished Tamar stayed at the hospital and got cut instead because I enjoy watching Alexa more than Tamar?

• Love 8

Can't remember, are lifts allowed in the Viennese Waltz? If not, wasn't that a lift when Derek pulled Bindi up off the ground?

Way too many extra dancers........

I really wish contemporary wasn't allowed. To me, it's not fair that Alexa got 3o for basically being thrown around by Mark ( not her fault) and non contemporary have to learn so many more technical steps .

• Love 7

Does it make me horrible for thinking I wished Tamar stayed at the hospital and got cut instead because I enjoy watching Alexa more than Tamar?

You and me both. We can sit in the "horrible" corner together. I'll bring wine.

• Love 13

Was impressed and surprised that Tamar showed up. I liked how that whole team, Sharna, Val, and Nick seemed to rally around her.

Tamar was also Nick's first choice for the team dance so I think they may get along, besides Tamar being one of stronger dancers this season.

I honestly think Tamar came back for that group number. She didn't want to let her group down, and she comes from a group background (her sisters started as a girl group). Tamar looked like she was either going to hurl or pass out after the dance. I'm not sure if DWTS is worth all of that but she stood by her team so I can only respect that. However she needs to be hooked up to an IV and get some serious rest for the next 3 days at least. No more concerts and The Real Tamar!!!! 

• Love 4

"Just give them what they want"?  He makes it sound like these producers are sadists manipulating everything for our vicarious pleasure.  Dude, it's a reality show.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so other than the normal manipulation of editing / placement / music, I don't believe they actually rig the voting.  Ergo, it was your wife's turn to go, and like others have said, she's coming home with you tonight, not off to the gulag.  I can't stand the guy, so I'm probably biased.  Their relationship seems very immature to me.  YMMV.

I was getting sick of the Tamar drama too.  She looked seriously unwell.  Take some time to heal.

• Love 2

I'm sad that Alexa got the boot rather than Carlos. I'm not a big fan of the sob stories this show pushes on us, but I felt bad for what she had been through as a kid. Why do Hollywood guys cause their young girl stars such pain by calling them fat? I thought at first that Mark was supposed to be Professor Snape from the Harry Potter books, but I ended up fascinated by his idea.

And this from a guy who said "I want to win....I want to beat my wife"

I wondered when someone would comment on that line! One big UGH for Carlos.

I'm glad Tamar made the cut. I got tired of her constant arguing with Val--people that have to dispute everything you say wear me out--but it would have been sad to lose her that way. I hope she doesn't overdo it and make herself sick again next week.

• Love 2

That wasn't surprising. Alexa seems to have minimal own fanbase and has been inconsistent and yo-yoing all over the place all season. Her own nerves and that marrieds! thing did the rest. She made it quite far as it is, I pegged her as gone in week 7 or so. Her dances were awesome tonight and showed what she could have been all season without all her issues. But woulda, shoulda, coulda doesn't come into it and being stuck in your own head is also a weakness and it's been affecting a few of her performances, so sad as it is there's not much to complain about IMO.( I mean, it should be Alek, be we all know how that American hero stuff makes sure that he doesn't have to put in any decent dancing to progress, that's the structure of the show.) I was iffy on her at the start, but grew to quite like her in the last few weeks and at least she went out with a bang. The hysterics from Carlos were way OTT and ridiculous though and showed me once again how irritating and fake I find him. Meh.

Edited by katha
  • Love 1

Jeebus Carlos, throw some dirt on it. Suck it up, buttercup.  You're not losing her to cancer for chrissakes. 

I agree with Packerbrewerbadger:  way too many extra dancers. 

Nick is starting to grow on me...Tamar looked like she was about to pass out. I hope she gets well.  Love Val. 

• Love 2

According to Tamar's website, she has a concert on Thursday and on Sunday this week.  I've found that her schedule on her website isn't all that reliable though.  For instance it also said she was opening for Mary J. Blige yesterday (in addition to Saturday), which she clearly didn't do.  But point being something has to give.  The only way she's getting through the next few weeks is if she takes a few days off completely.  Which means no talk show, no flying across the country to concerts and etc.  Literally resting and nothing else for the next few days and then just focusing on her routines.  She can go back to her real life schedule in a few weeks.

While I liked some of tonight's dances, I am tired of the freaking group dances though.  I know it was probably required for the duo numbers, but even the solo dances are still full of troupe, troupe and more troupe.  Also while I give Val major kudos for being there for Tamar and defending her at every turn, I'm not sure why he thinks it's wise to continually place Jenna front and center in Tamar's dances.  Yes, I get Jenna helps him with choreography and is his right hand helper.  Yes, I get they may or may not be dating/hooking up (I can't keep track of who is doing who on this show).  But even if Tamar had been well, it doesn't showcase her well to have Jenna, a pro, dancing contemporary with Val first and then having him switch off to Tamar, a novice.  Of course Jenna is going to distract from Tamar.  Of course she's going to out dance Tamar.  It's just not necessary.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4

That was so not cool!  Knowing that Alexa was the one going home, seems to me they should have chosen someone other than her husband to also face elimination.  The only reason they chose him was for the emotional drama.  I have a feeling this was planned on Day One.

• Love 4

I'm really glad that Tom had everyone sit down for the judging, but even with that I was so afraid for Tamar. She looked like she was going to pass out any second. I was yelling at my TV, "Get the woman a glass of water and some oxygen! Can't you see how much she's laboring for every breath??" That was really scary to watch. 

I don't have huge love for Tamar's performances because of her lack of facial expression, but tonight all I wanted was for them to give the woman a damn break, just tell her she's safe and let her go rest.

• Love 8
Alec has overstayed his welcome. I agree with Lindsay that he's not the best dancer left, in fact, he's the worst and should have left this week.

Agreed. In fact, he should have gone last week instead of Andy.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2

Maybe it was the hospital drugs, maybe it was just because she's feeling lousy which tends to make you drop everything and feel vulnerable, but I thought Tamar's guard was pretty well down tonight in that dance with Nick. She was smiling and expressive, and I really liked seeing the affection on her face as she danced with Nick and as she danced with Val and Sharna.

• Love 4

According to Tamar's website, she has a concert on Thursday and on Sunday this week. I've found that her schedule on her website isn't all that reliable though. For instance it also said she was opening for Mary J. Blige yesterday (in addition to Saturday), which she clearly didn't do. But point being something has to give. The only way she's getting through the next few weeks is if she takes a few days off completely. Which means no talk show, no flying across the country to concerts and etc. Like literally resting and nothing else for the next few days and then just focusing on her routines. She can go back to her real life schedule in a few weeks.

It sounds like Tamar and Derek should have a chat about the danger of attempting to do ALL OF THE THINGS. You end up with broken feet or pneumonia. They can start an intervention program for any future at risk members of this show.

• Love 5