Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Polygamous Cul-de-Sac

Message added by Scarlett45

I  understand the fear, concern, heartbreak, and stress in this current situation. I ask that we please remember the politics policy. Keep politics, political references, and political figures (past and present) out of the discussion.

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think with Meri she was always front and center with Janelle and Christine to remind Kody of the "fair and equal" no matter how many kids etc. Robyn comes along and happens to be quite gifted in reading the relationships of Kody and all three established wives and with their long courtship she was a master at figuring out how to communicate with Kody by simply watching where he failed with the other wives.  voila. I believe it was Christine who said on the show "we all communicate so much better with Robyn in the family.  She makes us talk about things".  Well....duh!! Of course she does, so she can direct every little situation her way...but...but "her" way is always seeing the "family" as a whole.  Damn...she is good at being that "Kody whisperer"

Oh yes, I sure remember this.  It made me cringe with secondhand embarrassment then and it does so even more now just thinking about it.  Christine only said that because she had to say it - since Robyn was Kody's shiny new plaything, Christine was pandering and slobbering all over Robyn to elevate herself in Kody's eyes, nothing more.  I also recall Christine embroidering some simpery apology craft thingy and solemnly presenting it to Robyn with her breathy baby-whisper voice on full display, saying how sorry she was for treating Robyn so badly.  Again, that was to appease King Kodork.  Kody had been smooching Robyn while Christine was in labor with Truely.  Kody went wedding dress shopping with Robyn, something he did not do for the other wives.  Kody took Robyn to Hawaii on their honeymoon - something he did not do with the other wives.  Christine had every right to be furious with Kody but, since she was then at the bottom of the Kodoof totem pole, she had to pander to the Queen to move herself up a step or two.  Christine chose this life, but it was awful to watch how badly she was treated by her beloved "husband," and all the while, she's going on an apology tour because she knew that to get in good with Kody, she had to first get in good with Robyn.  It was really uncomfortable to watch.

1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Kody were all young, dumb, and inexperienced when they entered into their respective relationships. Even though Janelle had been married before, she was only 21 when she divorced Meri's brother and 23 when she and Kody spiritually married. Robyn was older and divorced with three kids. She's socially aware, open-minded, and much savvier than the other wives were at her age. She's not a doormat and not taking anyone's crap, and I can't fault her for that. I have no trouble believing that she calls Kody out on his bullcrap regularly, not just with regard to her but how he acts with the rest of the family as well. I dare say she, out of them all, has probably helped make Kody a better man.

Hmm, I see Robyn very differently.  I have said before that she actually gives me chills.  She is definitely savvier than the other wives but I don't see that as a good thing, at least not in how she uses it.  I see her as leading Kody around by his hair weave and where Kody goes, the rest of the family goes, no matter what.  I see the other three wives unwilling to rock the boat because I think they all know that in the end, Robyn is HBIC and she's got the license to prove it.  I find her constant tears extremely fake, I find her constant interrupting on the couch sessions the blathering of a woman who fills very comfy-cozy in her role as Queen Wifey, and I think she cares about herself first, her kids second, followed by Kody and the TLC paychecks and that's about it.  Her pretend-concerned face in the midst of drama between Kody and his other wives is just a well-rehearsed mask because on the inside, she is dancing with glee every time another wife screws up.  She's evil.  Just my two cents.

• Love 21
(edited)
59 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She's evil.

Yep, stealth bitch.  Insinuating herself into the clan with the chanting of "should  have been this way along", the creepy picture, macking with Kootie while a future fellow sister wife is pushing out a kid, forcing her way to the top of the heap with no thought as to the feelings of others. She knew good and well she was getting favors no one else did and she revels in it.  She has helped Kootie sink to a new level.

Edited by Kohola3
spelling counts
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Yep, stealth bitch.  Insinuating herself into the clan with the chanting of "should  have been this way along", the creepy picture, macking with Kootie while a future fellow sister wife is pushing out a kid, forcing her way to the top of the heap with no thought as to the feelings of others. She knew good and well she was getting favors no one else did and she revels in it.  She has helped Kootie sink to a new level.

I totally agree.  Robyn's a snake in the grass.  She's gifted in the sense of figuring out weaknesses in the others, and using that to get what she wants.  Kootie made an ass out of himself, pandering to her, and ignoring the other wives and kids, especially Christine, in labor yet!  I don't believe for a minute that the Victoria's Secret outstanding bill of Robyn's was for Jessop, her first husband.  Kootie as a traveling ad sales person was the beneficiary of that lingerie IMO.  Kootie & Robyn stayed chaste before marriage?  Don't make me laugh.  YMMV.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I totally agree.  Robyn's a snake in the grass.   She's gifted in the sense of figuring out weaknesses in the others, and using that to get what she wants.  Kootie made an ass out of himself, pandering to her, and ignoring the other wives and kids, especially Christine, in labor yet!  I don't believe for a minute that the Victoria's Secret outstanding bill of Robyn's was for Jessop, her first husband.  Kootie as a traveling ad sales person was the beneficiary of that lingerie IMO.  Kootie & Robyn stayed chaste before marriage?  Don't make me laugh.  YMMV.

At the very least, they were enjoying generous servings of "everything but" long before the wedding. 

• Love 6
On 6/18/2019 at 4:35 AM, Kohola3 said:

Sofa Sloth, you should definitely be an event planner.  Perfect ideas.

And, in the spirit of sisterhood, I say everyone dyes their hair jet black using the cheapest box of hair color available in the local dollar store.

I’m thinking about a mass eyebrow makeover. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 7/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, Natalie68 said:

This is what would happen if Sue Heck decided to have a vlog.  She also seems to have gotten those nifty peel and stick nail things that Mykelti is shilling.  I think we have now solved the mystery of Mariah brows.

OMG my grandson loved Graveyard girl when he was about 6 or 7.  Her name is Bunny and he called her "Bunny graveyard girl".  She is hilarious.  Much better at product demo than any of the Lulano Brown ladies

• Love 2

Moved from Mykelti>:

2 HOURS AGO, SHARKERBABY SAID:

And my absolute last word on this subject... Kody's direct quote was “When you kiss the person that you kiss, the hormones go into your mouth and it registers certain things that will stimulate both the heart and the body for other reasons, ”  While very clumsy and awkward, hormones do indeed go into your mouth and kissing does stimulate both the heart and body so yeah, he "wasn't that far off the mark" as @GOTHISH520 put it.

Except it appears the two things (the hormones and the stimulation) are correlational and not causal (which is reiterated by the last paragraph of the paper you quoted).  After all, there's definitely a link between my alarm going off and the sun rising in the morning, but it doesn't mean that my alarm causes the sun to come up (or vice versa). 

It actually would be easy to test in a way (have people gargle with "fake" saliva with the same concentration of sex hormones and see if it causes a change), so I wonder why no one has tested it--or they have and it's not been supported and thus not published.

I'm sure Kody heard it from someone and repeated it as fact.  It's not fact, and so far there is no good evidence that the hormones in saliva swapped during kissing causes any response in the participants.  Whether it deserves to be made fun of . . . well, this is a snark site.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Hey guys, I know some of you live near Flagstaff or have been there. I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon for October. The plan is to fly into Flagstaff, rent a car and stay in a cabin rental north of Williams. We will have a whole week to explore the area. On the last night we'll stay in a hotel in Flagstaff so we can catch our early flight home.

Is Williams a good location base for day trips to the Canyon and other points of interest? It's a little late to book anything inside the park.  How's the weather in the second half of October? Anything not to be missed? We like quirky/unusual as well as light hiking, rafting or kayaking, and good food.

Help a girl out here. It's our 29th wedding anniversary trip.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Is Williams a good location base for day trips to the Canyon and other points of interest? It's a little late to book anything inside the park.  How's the weather in the second half of October? Anything not to be missed? We like quirky/unusual as well as light hiking, rafting or kayaking, and good food.

Williams is, indeed, a good location base.  From there, you can do day trips to the Canyon, the Skywalk (have not been there), Sedona (which will be pretty and less crowded in October), and Flagstaff.  Williams also has some nice restaurants and a downtown shopping area.  If you go to Sedona, try Oaxaca for Mexican food - especially if you can sit on the second-floor outside balcony.  The view of the red rocks is amazing!!!!  (And don't forget to do a Pink Jeep Tour.)

Are you aware of the old-fashioned steam train that goes from Williams to the Grand Canyon?  You can either do it as a day trip, or - if you can get reservations - you can take the train up one day, spend the night at the Canyon, and then come back the next day.  If you can, while at the Canyon, you might be interested in a mule ride.  I've done this one; it is gentle (two hours on the mule), but still gives you breathtaking view of the Canyon . . . free of crowds.

One SERIOUS word of advice.  The train leaves the Canyon EXACTLY on time.  Not one minute later.  If you're not on board at departure time, you're going to miss the train.  Trust me.  I've seen this in action more than once.  (Others got left; not me!)

PM me if you have any other questions!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I highly recommend a half or full day float trip in Glen Canyon, up by Page, AZ (I guided on those trips for 8 years). 15 miles of flat water rafting in an amazing canyon. The only way you could pick up a Grand Canyon whitewater rafting trip in October is to get in on a cancellation for a full oar trip (14 days) or half oar trip (6-8 days). I guided on those trips too, here is a site with all the outfitters; I worked for Wilderness River Adventures. To do the float trip, you can either drive up to Page (about 3 hours from Williams) or book a trip that leaves and goes back to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

If you chose to go up to Page to do the flat water trip, you can also do lots around that area. Hike Antelope Canyon, or contact Lake Powell Adventure in Page (owned and operated by a fantastic gal I guided with in the Grand Canyon). They conduct bike tours and four-wheel drive tours around the Page area, and kayaking trips on Lake Powell in the side canyons.

Around Flagstaff, you can visit the Lava Tubes, head down I-17 a bit to Montezuma Castle, and lots of good food in the downtown area.

Up at the South Rim of the Canyon, visit the Kolb Studio. You can hike into the Canyon but wear good hiking shoes and bring water (even in the fall). You can go down half-way to Indian Springs, which is about 4 miles. Just remember you have to hike out!

And don't forget you can always visit Prairie Dog Flats and see if our favorite plygs are building their ginormous homage to Kody!

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Did they ever sell the houses in Las Vegas, and did they ever build the houses in Flagstaff??

Last I heard, Christine's house had been taken off the market, then a few weeks later it was back on.  Maybe an offer fell through???  I haven't heard anything about the LV houses for a few weeks.

Last season left us with the cliff-hanger...Will Kody be able to sell his concept of one big happy home for all to the wives?  Even if he did manage to convince them that this is the way to go, he would still have to overcome zoning restrictions on the land.  Who knows, Kody may just have enough beguiling ways to pull this off.  /s

I have read a few remarks on other sites where people live locally and nothing seems to be happening on the Plains of Plague.  No trenching for septic tanks or drilling of wells as yet.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Last I heard, Christine's house had been taken off the market, then a few weeks later it was back on.  Maybe an offer fell through???  I haven't heard anything about the LV houses for a few weeks.

Last season left us with the cliff-hanger...Will Kody be able to sell his concept of one big happy home for all to the wives?  Even if he did manage to convince them that this is the way to go, he would still have to overcome zoning restrictions on the land.  Who knows, Kody may just have enough beguiling ways to pull this off.  /s

I have read a few remarks on other sites where people live locally and nothing seems to be happening on the Plains of Plague.  No trenching for septic tanks or drilling of wells as yet.

Well, it's been a month since they took down the listing. If there was a pending offer, wouldn't it have closed by now? I'm clueless on this stuff.

7347C0D6-616D-466B-95F9-D16C18079B04.jpeg

• Useful 3
On 7/18/2019 at 11:55 AM, Sandy W said:

I doubt they will build anything until the last house is sold and they might save it for another season.  They might decide after a little research that this city is to expensive to live in forever.  And while it may be a beautiful area it has a lot of drawbacks.

• Love 4

Well, The Flats aren't but I am not sure about the various homes they are living in. The fire is two miles north of town and three of their homes are in town. I'll keep an eye on the news. There is also someone else on here who lives up there, so maybe we will hear from them.

• Love 4

I mentioned awhile back I was going to see Billy Idol.  Well it was a GREAT time!  We got VIP passes and ended up being given better seats than we had purchased.  His keyboard/guitar player Paul is friends with my brother in law so we spent time in Hospitality before the show and after the show.  I was THISCLOSE to Billy but didn't meet him.  I did met Stephen McGrath (bass player), of course Paul, and Steve Stevens (!!!).  I sorta fangirled when I saw Steve Stevens backstage and grabbed my niece's arm.  He and his wife were very nice.  Paul and Stephen (fabulous hair!) are pretty cute.  The show was great and it was nice meeting someone (Steve) I had been a fan of since the 80s.   I told Paul he is my goto for both Billy and Rick Springfield (who I also had a huge crush on in the 80s) since he plays with both.  He did say that Rick is extremely nice.  Billy is as well but Rick more so.  

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I’ve read lots of rumors that Robyn is preggo again. Anyone know anything? 

Speculation based on the fact that she's been totally invisible for months.  No way of knowing for sure unless someone from Flagstaff has sighted her recently.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Speculation based on the fact that she's been totally invisible for months.  No way of knowing for sure unless someone from Flagstaff has sighted her recently.

Invisible except for that chunky 4th of July photo.

• Love 5

Throwing out a conspiracy theory here- I wonder if Meri and Robyn's homes being sold had anything to do with late or no rent payments? They had the largest homes and highest rents of the bunch. We know they didn't clear even close to the money they were wanting from the LV homes and one is still not sold. I can see Janelle protecting herself and her home.

It's just ironic that two Brown families have been kicked out of rentals.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Throwing out a conspiracy theory here- I wonder if Meri and Robyn's homes being sold had anything to do with late or no rent payments? They had the largest homes and highest rents of the bunch. We know they didn't clear even close to the money they were wanting from the LV homes and one is still not sold. I can see Janelle protecting herself and her home.

Good thought!  We know they are (or were) in arrears with tax payments.  Maybe the whole "sold the property" thing is just a cover up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Conspiracy Theory #2: They have been in those homes one year as of this month. Maybe their leases were not renewed and the fambly is just saying the homes were sold to save face. I don't know the addresses or else I would look it up on the Coco County Recorders site.

• Love 8

My thought from looking at the market figures for Flagstaff is - not a conspiracy. 

These aren't your typical rental homes per se. 

I think the owners agreed to holding off on listing them for a year. Now it's been a year and they want to put the homes on the market again, they don't want to be landlords. It sounds like Janelle is in a townhome so that would be more of a rental-type dwelling. 

I could totally see the owners wanting to sell and recoup their investment.  Not everyone is cut out to be a landlord.

Kody sucks at planning, so he probably was aware he had a year to figure out what they were going to do and effed it up as usual.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I wonder why I get banner ads for "bad credit fast car loans" on only this site.  I have great credit and am not in the market for a car; I cannot help but think that it is tied to the Brown Clowns and their constant need for "creative financing".

I suspect the neighbours spoke to the owners as soon as the Brown family and their 17 vehicles and several dogs showed up at Robyn's rental house. It looked like a nice neighbourhood before they arrived.  Can these clowns even afford the rent?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1

So how do we do some sleuthing on this?  Because inquiring minds want to know! Hey Radar - you must have boots on the ground and resources to chase this down!  What a story, especially if we can find out if Robin is pregnant too.  I would love it if they had their thunder stolen before the start of a new season.  They are always trying to be so mysterious and clever in the off season and putting such a positive spin on Cody’s ineptness in planning and decision making.

Something tells me that they are finally coming to terms with what an epic failure this whole move was and perhaps that has something to do with why Robin has been so MIA.  It was all her doing after all, and everyone knows that.  Could they all be blaming her now that they are stuck with a house in LV, a house in Flagstaff, a giant piece of land in prairie dog plague paradise that they will never be able to afford to develop, and lots of tax, mortgage and rent payments on stuff they don’t want and can’t get rid of?

Looking back in the 20/20 rear view mirror, we all said this and it all came to pass, and they have to be running low on money and patience for her majesty’s wants and needs.  Could the unthinkable be happening and Robin has just fallen from grace, or is she in fact just pregnant again and hiding until the new season?

Man, they left the perfect set up in Las Vegas on the cuddle-sac.  It was gated, they had one whole end of the street and could do what they pleased, and the payments were manageable.  They must all have sore back sides from kicking themselves and head aches from wanting to kick Robin but holding it in.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Could the unthinkable be happening and Robin has just fallen from grace, or is she in fact just pregnant again and hiding until the new season?

If they were smart they would keep something under wraps since the whole Move to Flagstaff story line was way old news (due to social media) before the episodes aired.  You have to wonder if that caused poor ratings.  Who cares about something that's 6 months old and has been splashed all over the internet?

But are they that smart?  I highly doubt it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

There seems to be a lot of talk about eye brows today, particularly as it relates to Meri and Mariah.  I’m always at odds with mine and I’m interested in the comments of those of you that have had their brows tattooed on.  

My eye brows look like the picture posted of Meri and Mariah Mariah thread, I think) where Mariah had blonde hair and Meri had no drawn on eye brows and klunky eye liner.  I plucked my brows into oblivion back in the 80s and they never fully grew back in an arch.  What I do have is light or white, so if I don’t use a pencil, it looks like I have no brows in photos. 

I would love to do tattooed eye brows and forget about it, but I’m afraid to do something permanent and then have it come out looking like the second coming of Frida Kahlo.  Do they draw on a template and then show you what it will look like before they do it permanently?  Are you not worried that it may some day look funny if you allow yourself to go gray or white headed?  I’m so unsure!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

^^ THIS.  I have these same questions!  Another 80's girl here who enjoyed a close, personal relationship with my tweezers.  But I too do not want to end up looking like Groucho Marx, or worse - Meri Brown.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I recently had my eyebrows tinted at the same place I have them waxed. Mine are a little sparse in spots (thanks, 90s!) and I wanted them to look a little fuller. The person did a great job - not too dark, which was my main concern. I haven't needed to use a pencil since I had them done. You do have to get them re-dyed in 4 weeks or so, but it was a non-permanent way of trying out something new. 

To me, part of the problem is that all use brow pencils way too dark, and their lines, especially the in the inner corner, are too harsh. The inner corner line is basically vertical! They need to put down the stencils and black brow pencils, let them grow out a bit, and then go to a professional to shape them. It really makes all the difference. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

They will gladly draw samples on your face. That's a great way to decide shape, arch, thickness, color, etc. No surprises. (If they won't do that they are the wrong artist for you).

Most people who do brows have theirs done as well. If you like what you see on someone ask them who did their brows - that's the person you want. Otherwise it's like "Her hair is cute, I want her to cut mine." No, you want the person who did her haircut. 

Ask to to see photos of work they're done.

I have sparse brows like my dad and I got brows and (purple) upper/lower eyeliner done 3 years ago and it has not faded one bit. The upper is "tightlined" (inside the base of the lashes) and the lower is just barely below the lash line. Both give me a perfect line to follow when I decide to add more using a sharp pencil. 

If I have a chance to do it again I will get thicker brows. They are a good color and are symmetrical but look undernourished when I'm wearing sunglasses, if that makes sense. They look OK indoors but my lenses darken outdoors and I'm not real thrilled with my outdoor look but looking at it outdoors ahead of time never occurred to me. 

Live and learn. I've never regretted having it done. A couple weeks ago at my eye exam the doctor said "I really like your liner." He's a cool guy!

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4

One "heads up" warning.  Even if you have them done the exact color you want, they may look dark for the first few days.  That will pass!!!!

Mine are lightish brown, and my hair is now white, but I think they still look okay.  If I have them done again, I may go with a grayer color, but I'm not sure.  I'm attaching a picture (taken yesterday).

Capture.JPG

Edited by AZChristian
Added picture.
  • Love 10

They look just fine with your beautiful white hair, AZ. It's nice to have eyebrows "all the time," isn't it? LOL

They look just fine with your beautiful white hair, AZ. It's nice to have eyebrows "all the time," isn't it? LOL

ETA: At the bottom of this page I'm seeing a link for "The Biggest Eyebrow Mistakes In History" with a lulu of a photograph! Yikes!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

One "heads up" warning.  Even if you have them done the exact color you want, they may look dark for the first few days.  That will pass!!!!

Mine are lightish brown, and my hair is now white, but I think they still look okay.  If I have them done again, I may go with a grayer color, but I'm not sure.  I'm attaching a picture (taken yesterday).

Capture.JPG

Nice job! 

I found my brow artist on Instagram. She posts her before and after shots. After following her for a few months and reading her yelp reviews, I booked a consult with her. 

I regret many decisions in my life, but getting microblading isn't one of them!

• Love 3

If microblading only lasts 18-36 months, presumably you can change the colour next time.  As someone who his very light red-blonde natural brows (that the sun makes invisible), I find that any colour added makes them look fake, so I've given up.  

I don't know how long eyeliner tattoos last, but I know someone who had 1mm-thick black eyeliner tattooed all the way around her eyes ~10 years ago and it may have been in vogue then, but looks harsh now.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Capture.JPG

Your hair is beautiful!  I think mine is that color under the hair dye but my head is tiny and my top hair is sparse (thanks to one of my drugs) and when it grows in I do not look good at all.  I wish, though.

15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Capture.JPG

Thanks AZ, that clears up a lot for me.  I know at some point I will stop coloring my hair, so this was a big concern for me.  Your brows look great!  The women in my family don’t get that pretty white hair like yours.  We end up with steel gray with a bit of white that is course and sticks up at odd angles.

Now, next question:  Is micro blading the same as tattooing?  If micro blading is a tattoo, why does it only last 18-36 months?  I can see +/- to permanent and semi-permanent.  It might be good to change the color if your hair situation changes.

• Love 3

Apparently microblading is a thin/shallow type of tattoo, so it fades as your skin is renewed.  The only "tattoo" I've got is from when I reached into my pencil case 55 years ago and got stabbed by a pencil. There must be a certain depth of tattoo that makes all new skin take on the colour.

• Useful 5
On 8/13/2019 at 5:54 PM, AZChristian said:

Capture.JPG

You look great! 👍

I need to bite the bullet and get something done with my brows

• Love 5

Ok I’m bummed I somehow missed all this eyebrow chat in real time, but I’ll jump in here late to the party. This was my career for years (before I switched to cosmetic injecting), so I can hopefully answer some questions. 

There are two commonly used techniques nowadays with regard to eyebrow tattooing.

Eyebrow feathering, which imitates the appearance of real eyebrow hairs. Tiny fine lines resembling hair strokes can be created by a hand held tool with several tiny needles, which is called microblading.

Microblading involves making tiny scratches in the dermal layer of the skin by gliding needles making thin tracks where pigment is then deposited. This look works great for clients who want to fill in gaps in the brow line or create brows where hair has been lost. I often recommended microblading for fair-skinned, fair-haired clients, or clients with sparse brows hoping to achieve a natural result.

Then there’s Powder fill or solid fill technique (also referred to as block method) which is beneficial for more mature clients. The pigment usually lasts longer and will look denser but it can be made to look very natural and soft when done correctly. Powderfill eyebrows have greater impact and longevity than hair-strokes (aka feathering) and resemble the look of using a brow powder.

You can also do a combination of feathering and solid fill techniques by using some strokes to create a natural hair look and then add in soft shading through the rest of the brow to create a natural ombré look. Strokes are usually drawn around the edges, where they’ll be the most visible and then powered shading is added to the body of the brow to give it a fuller appearance.

Block method would be what Meri has had, although I’m not convinced she’s had them done as NO decent technician I know, would create a shape this hideous! The tails are too far down her temple and the arch overly rounded. (I’m hoping it’s just a bad case of self-placed eyebrow powder, or that technician should really not be practising!)

B44D4709-3D14-41F7-AB98-AC02AE2E4523.thumb.jpeg.bee4ef5df25835532ab1f2e557d82f35.jpeg

For those considering getting it done, take into account your technician’s qualifications, experience and look closely at their before and after photos.

The technician should shape your eyebrows with a pencil first and design your brows using your facial dimensions to enhance your best features & achieve symmetry and get your approval in the mirror before they go anywhere near you with semi-permanent ink! They should also consult with you regarding the color. 

Powdered brows traditionally last for 2-4 years, while microblading usually lasts 18 months-3 years. 

It isn’t permanent (unlike body tattooing),  as the ink is deposited more superficially in the dermal layer of the skin. You can always expect them to be dark initially, but the ink is absorbed by your body over time; the immune system will digest the ink and also push out the pigment, so as the skin cells naturally turn over, it fades. You will require touch ups, but at least you won’t be stuck forever with eyebrows that you no longer like if your face changes or eyebrow trends change over time! 

Hope that helps anyone out who had questions! X

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 19

Well, I feel quite. um, backwards. I have never done anything to my eyebrows in my whole life except tweeze a few errant hairs.  I had no idea there was an entire industry devoted to them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Thanks Sofa Sloth, this is exactly what I needed when I started this thread!  I think the microblading is for me, now I’ve only to find a talented technician.  Funny that you should include that picture of Meri in your explanation - it is the reason I have always been so hesitant to do this.  If I came out looking like that picture and it was permanent, I’d off myself!  Can you imagine?

Honestly, my eye brows are just rubbish.  Not much to work with at all.  I use a pencil now and my daughter tells me they are hopelessly out of style, so if I want to not look like my grandmother, I need to get with the new tech!

• Love 7