Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/09/15

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Good point, Morgalisa. We the people dont count in her world. Now i get it....her contempt for feedback, defending vile celebrities, pushing for her daughter to join her elite group in entertainment. So, why should I care? I was dvr-ing the spew, but read you guys first, and then usually delete if nothing interesting happened. So far this week, i think i watched 1 show, maybe, I cant honestly remember. Whoopi is such a slob that I don't care anymore.

• Love 5

I wonder if the show decided to make Whoopi 60 so that it would coincide with Disney's anniversary? It seems that Whoopi has always been somewhat vague about her age, if that old interview from 1984 that was posted is any indication.

• Love 1

I wonder if the show decided to make Whoopi 60 so that it would coincide with Disney's anniversary? It seems that Whoopi has always been somewhat vague about her age, if that old interview from 1984 that was posted is any indication.

I don't think it's the show.  It's not even recent.   A lot of biographical articles on Whoopi report that she  was born in 1955, but then add that earlier sources gave the birth year as 1949. 

I think that Whoopi probably felt she had to lie in order to get acting roles.   Even though now, she would  dispute that Hollywood favors any gender, race, or age, she once knew it was true.

• Love 3

Somebody asked what Michelle or Paula gave Whoopie. One of them gave her 100 scratch-off lottery tickets. That's all I remember.

That was me and thanks for responding.

Michelle gave Whoopie a huge bell.

Thanks for the response.

I've got to get the hang of this edit feature. LOL

Edited by rcc

The listed age for Alex online is 42. If Whoopi really is 60 that would mean she was 18 when she had Alex. I wonder if any genealogy sites with birth and death records might have Whoopi's real DOB?

• Love 1

The listed age for Alex online is 42. If Whoopi really is 60 that would mean she was 18 when she had Alex. I wonder if any genealogy sites with birth and death records might have Whoopi's real DOB?

I have not been able to confirm, but IIRC, she was 18.

• Love 2

It seems that Whoopi has always been somewhat vague about her age, if that old interview from 1984 that was posted is any indication.

I can't remember right now soooo...Has Whoopi ever said how old she was when she had Alex?

That  30 year old NYT article (1984) linked above also put Whoopi at 35 and Alex at 10 but most of her later bios (and Whoopi herself) say she got married and had a baby at 18-19.  I'm thinking she probably lied about her age early, which I don't blame her since she was an actress but the problem with public people lying about their age is then they might not want to make a big deal out of milestone birthdays that aren't real, lol.  A mystery, LOL!

As far as gifts, I probably would've bought Whoopi something I found on the drive to work. Maybe a pack of gum or a bagel.

How about scratch tickets from the gas station?   My like for Paula just keeps growing.  :-P

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I am absolutely convinced Whoopie is older than she claims because I remember when she was older than me and then suddenly she was younger. She's like Kirsty Ally. She claimed to be one age and then publicly attended her high school reunion proving she had to be older than she was claiming.

• Love 3

I am absolutely convinced Whoopie is older than she claims because I remember when she was older than me and then suddenly she was younger. She's like Kirsty Ally. She claimed to be one age and then publicly attended her high school reunion proving she had to be older than she was claiming.

Maybe they are confusing age with the weight they would like to be!!!!  Har de har har  LOL  Ok I'm leaving! 

• Love 1

There is an article on line indicating Whoopi actually pretended to be 6 years older in order to get acting jobs when she was young! lol

http://stylecaster.com/celebrities-who-lie-about-their-age/

Using that as a starting point and keeping her dyslexia in mind I subtracted 6 yrs from her fake birth year and did an internet search 

It seems she was born in 1949 (same year as her brother or is she using his birth year?)

None of the info on his death mentions his birth date- just the year 1949

http://www.encyclopedia.com/article-1G2-2588809271/goldberg-whoopi-1949.html

Edited by springtime