Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E07: Full Speed Ahead, Captain!

• Start Topic

I just want to confirm we're still watching The Amazing Race and not The Fitbit Race?

I liked the Ford Race and the Travelocity Race better.:)

Actually I don't mind the product placements. They bring in money and help keep the show on the air.

• Love 9

I wonder if ChacAttack is really this stupid or being on the race has made their IQs drop? They deserved to be eliminated, but then again Denise & James Earl do too & they're still there some how. 

• Love 1

After Chac attack repeatedly telling us that they are very detail oriented because they are doctors, I had to laugh at all the dumb mistakes they made in this leg, the worst of which was saying, "We need to get on tram #1," and then getting on a tram with a big 9 on the front.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when the reporters said Ha-goo. But they are my favorite team left since they are competent drama-free racers. I hate the hats with their names though.

• Love 6

I feel sorry for Justin and Diana's friends. Every time now someone tries to talk about their trip to Reykjavik or their cruise down the Amazon Justin will be one-upping them with Amazing Race tasks and sights.

Justin: you may be an Amazing Race superfan but I doubt your going end up being many peoples's favorite racer or even in the Top Ten. Remember that.

That simulator looked fun.

Loved that if they guessed wrong they had to put the painting back.

• Love 4

I liked that too... I hope they went back to the same place where they got the painting as I noticed the cheerleader knocked one of the easels down accidentally (hopefully she put it back up) so am curious if they either went back to the same spot or just went to whatever easel they saw empty as there were several teams doing the task at the same time.

I was a little surprised that they were able to get earlier trains as I figured that because the 7:20 (approximate time) train apparently was reserved by the TPTB of TAR so figured that meant that everyone was to be on THAT particular train.  Guess it wasn't a required/hard and fast time for the teams.  I suspect that's how Texas read the clue and decided to take time in Paris.

Edited by Ducky
  • Love 1

At least taking time in Paris was an appreciation of the opportunity kind of blunder. Very bad in racing terms, but better character-wise than berating your teammate or being a whiny/ugly american.

I like the Fitbit placement, it integrates well into the show and I find it much preferable to the Gnome and Car placements of the past.

I liked this leg because of the skill involved-- you had to pay attention to detail, you had to exert physically, you had to do calculations, you had to navigate, you had to make decisions.

I don't understand how anyone can be with a partner who has so little respect as Male Chac and Justin show for theirs.

How is casting so unable to cast a more equal playing field? It seems like each season for the past few, there have been clearly dominant teams and then a lot of other folks bringing up the rear. Is it on purpose? Do they prefer to have the 1st place finishes dominated by 1 or 2 teams while everyone else is treated as background? I'd love to see a race where there was a true competitive field, with everyone roughly equally matched and you have no idea what is going to happen.

• Love 7

1. I can not wait for someone to wipe that smug, asshole smile from Justin's face.  Can't wait.  It won't come close to the joy I felt when Hayley lost, but it will be close.  I've tried to like him but every single thing he does bugs and annoys me.  Sad that the reporters were so close but weren't able to seal the deal.  They both suck, but he sucks way, way, way worse than she ever will

2. Sad to see ChacAttack go -- I realized that they weren't everyone's cup of tea, but they both seemed so supportive of each other even the chips were absolutely down.  Even in their worst moment they didn't resort to the same asshole antics that I saw from Justin.  He seems to have a pretty good spirit and I think with time, he will learn to listen more to his wife.  They got me all verklempt in their little exit blurb.

3. I wasn't offended by the last leg of the race, but come on man, who doesn't know how to say the Hague correctly?  Did someone pronounce it Hog?  And Rick said that Amsterdam was Rotterdam with such confidence that I was like "have I been wrong all these years, are they really the same place?"

4. Good for the cheerleaders -- I don't like them, but I thought they were NUTS to take the double dutch task and I envisioned them being there all day long, but they did it after the second try.

5. Very surprised Team Texas went sightseeing without even seeing if an earlier departure was possible.  I don't think they will make that mistake again.

• Love 4

I guess we should sort of be thankful they aren't taking constant selfies and looking for a love connection.

yeah, but it totally felt like a throwback to last season watching the sign for Rotterdam whiz by the doctors as they were asking for directions to Rotterdam.  It felt a little like that moment when those two racers totally missed a train because they were taking a selfie.  Good times.

At least taking time in Paris was an appreciation of the opportunity kind of blunder. Very bad in racing terms, but better character-wise than berating your teammate or being a whiny/ugly american.

I don't understand how anyone can be with a partner who has so little respect as Male Chac and Justin show for theirs.

How is casting so unable to cast a more equal playing field? It seems like each season for the past few, there have been clearly dominant teams and then a lot of other folks bringing up the rear. Is it on purpose? Do they prefer to have the 1st place finishes dominated by 1 or 2 teams while everyone else is treated as background? I'd love to see a race where there was a true competitive field, with everyone roughly equally matched and you have no idea what is going to happen.

The difference IMO is that Male Chac is learning and growing and admits that he has faults and will work on them.

Nothing is ever Justin's fault, and Diana should always get over it.  Unless of course she did something wrong than he should never in life be expected to get over it.  He doesn't admit to doing anything wrong, other than to say that "we fight."  There is never a question of Justin ever working on his behavior because apparently he is the best person ever in life and on this race.

This year it feels like one uber dominant team....and the rest.  Texans dropped to 5th place, and they came in 4th this leg I believe.  Cheerleaders were in the back of the pack and now they are third.  The reporters have been steady climbers, but I don't think they have ever even been second place until now.  If they could just get rid of the Green Team I think it would be a pretty interesting race.

• Love 12

I wonder if ChacAttack is really this stupid or being on the race has made their IQs drop? They deserved to be eliminated, but then again Denise & James Earl do too & they're still there some how. 

I think two keep on racing legs so close together did them in . 

1. I can not wait for someone to wipe that smug, asshole smile from Justin's face. Can't wait. It won't come close to the joy I felt when Hayley lost, but it will be close. I've tried to like him but every single thing he does bugs and annoys me. Sad that the reporters were so close but weren't able to seal the deal. They both suck, but he sucks way, way, way worse than she ever will

2. Sad to see ChacAttack go -- I realized that they weren't everyone's cup of tea, but they both seemed so supportive of each other even the chips were absolutely down. Even in their worst moment they didn't resort to the same asshole antics that I saw from Justin. He seems to have a pretty good spirit and I think with time, he will learn to listen more to his wife. They got me all verklempt in their little exit blurb.

3. I wasn't offended by the last leg of the race, but come on man, who doesn't know how to say the Hague correctly? Did someone pronounce it Hog? And Rick said that Amsterdam was Rotterdam with such confidence that I was like "have I been wrong all these years, are they really the same place?"

4. Good for the cheerleaders -- I don't like them, but I thought they were NUTS to take the double dutch task and I envisioned them being there all day long, but they did it after the second try.

5. Very surprised Team Texas went sightseeing without even seeing if an earlier departure was possible. I don't think they will make that mistake again.

Agree on all counts. Justin is a mega-douchebag. He must be a perpetual annoyance to all the people who are forced to associate with him. I am beginning to wonder if he is the Devil incarnate, because everything seems to go his way. I found it a bit convenient that the one time TPTB actually put a big gap between racers (15 minutes per team) at a bunching it was when J&D were in 1st place and it probably saved them from elimination.

Chac attack made at least 3 idiotic mistakes, but they handled the adversity with grace and class and I was sad to see them go. I liked how he acknowledged his faults and was working on them and how much she loved him despite them. I wish them well in starting a family. That surprised me a bit because I took them to be near the end of child bearing years.

The stupid was truly very strong with all the racers this week. I think Joey might be the next Ted Baxter with his "Hagoo" gaffe.

Being a Jets fan, I have been rooting for the cheerleaders all along. I find their voices to be annoying, but they have a good attitude and have been surprisingly good racers. I figured they would ace the Double Dutch as it seemed like a perfect task for cheerleaders. I couldn't do that task in 100 years.

I wonder why Texas was unaware of earlier trains. I guess it worked out OK for them as they got to see Paris and it didn't end up getting them eliminated.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 5

As much as I dislike Justin (and Diana by association), I have to admit that they are pretty formidable competitors. How did they finish the simulator much faster than the reporters? How did they get to Rotterdam Centraal ahead of the cheerleaders when the cheerleaders finished earlier? As well, earlier they were shown to be willing to stand on the train trip between Paris Nord to Rotterdam Centraal. Even with Thalys it is more than 2.5 hours trip. Compare that with the brothers who were just chillin' waiting for their reserved trip instead of scrambling for a better one.

It's pretty clear that Justin is channelling the Spirit of Colin for travel hustle, which is perhaps why he lost his hat over the initial run to the water taxi. (No excuse, just explanation.) The Green Team had their tram routes prepped the moment they stepped off the train.

The Millennium Tower for the shipping simulator task is literally opposite the train station: that's what gave them (and the reporters) the jump on the cheerleaders.

Edited by etagloh
  • Love 1

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the cheerleaders, while no brain trust, are seriously bad ass.

In addition to knocking out the Double Dutch task RIGHT after one of them ran God alone knows how far to find a fake VanGogh, the last leg, they nailed a task that was physical, mental and required coordination (the rapping challenge that required them to rap in a foreign language with good pronunciation, in time to the music and with some showmanship.  And as they go further in the race, they seem to work together BETTER, rather than fall apart.  I didn't like them at first, but I'm warming up quickly.

I'm not saying they're dominating or anything, but if they ended up beating out Justin and Diane, I wouldn't fall over dead from the shock.  and I'd be happy :D

• Love 24

We've seen some fairly stupid errors, but in the racer's defense, it is a lot easier to be confused reading Den Haag rather than The Hague. The reporters noted that the Hague was not written in English on their clue, so I can understand why initially many teams struggled with the reading of the clue.

I also laughed at the cheerleader who noted that her 7 years at college paid off when she solved the Van Gogh roadblock, and suppose it is generally better not to know which country you are visiting than to not remember the name of the city you are trying to reach. The dentists were very lucky someone on the train recognized their clue and sent them back to Rotterdam.

I missed the 7 years in college quote. IIRC, one of the cheerleaders said she had a master's degree, so it might not have been as funny as it sounded.

What makes Chac Attack's mistake even more mind boggling is that the clue said Rotterdam (which he for some reason thought meant Amsterdam) but they passed the Rotterdam stop without getting off the train. If the Amsterdam stop came before the Rotterdam stop and they got off at it, it would have been a bit more understandable.

• Love 1

The cheerleaders might not know jack about European geography (no, Rotterdam is not in Germany), but they killed that double dutch challenge this week and the French rapping challenge last week so I give them props. Imagine any of the other teams attempting the double dutch challenge - my guess is that most of them would have been unable to do that simple clapping pattern while jumping rope and we would have seen a lot of them tripping on the ropes, falling down, or accidentally smacking each other in the forehead. Even the double dutch judge was impressed that the cheerleaders completed the challenge on their second attempt.

• Love 13

I love when we can see instant AR-history in the moment it happens. "Hagoo" will always be with us now, just like "my ox is broken!". We all knew it was a classic the second we heard it.

I'm on Team Cheerleader. They're decent, appreciative of the opportunity, have good attitudes and are pretty good racers. They're fun to watch.

• Love 10

I guess they would have to put the wrong ones back or it would be a reverse needle in the haystack kind of thing.

All I know is that I want time in that shipping simulator!  That was really cool.

I know!  They've had a bunch of tasks this season that look really fun.

I'm sure the producers thought the Chacs (smart) and Texas (physical) would be doing better.

Vague, or vagoo?

For the win!  (Now I need to wipe the coffee off my monitor.)

• Love 2

When Justin was berating Diana about HER incredibly wrong decision not to take a cab, I was really hoping she would tell him, "You just need to get over it." I would have laughed so hard! But yeah, he was an ass about it, insisting that she should admit that she made a terrible mistake. STFU, Justin. Stop guilt tripping her.

• Love 6

The cheerleaders killed that double Dutch! That looked nearly impossible to me!

To me too. Even the judge for the task seemed genuinely impressed. He didn't seem to expect anyone to get it right as quickly as the second try. Credit where credit is due for the cheerleaders.

[Justin and Diana] were shown to be willing to stand on the train trip between Paris Nord to Rotterdam Centraal. Even with Thalys it is more than 2.5 hours trip. 

True about Justin and Diana, though we don't know (do we?) that they actually did have to stand the whole way. At least in my foreign travel experience, it can happen that travelers who reserved seats don't show up, or a reservation was only to an interim stop after which space opened up

I loved how the mom, in all the excitement at the mat at not being the last team, still shouted out "Oh, JamesEarl!"  She really does call him by his full name all the time.

That's not that unusual. One family that I'm friends with has four young children, three of whom are called by single names but the other has always been referred to and addressed with both given names: John Paul. It's no longer than saying a two-syllable name.

I was a little surprised that they were able to get earlier trains as I figured that because the 7:20 (approximate time) train apparently was reserved by the TPTB of TAR so figured that meant that everyone was to be on THAT particular train.  Guess it wasn't a required/hard and fast time for the teams.  I suspect that's how Texas read the clue and decided to take time in Paris.

In previous similar instances that I recall, Phil has spelled out the stipulation for us, but this time apparently the details appeared only in the full clue that the racers read: sometimes teams have reserved places on a particular flight or train or whatever, but they're at liberty to take an earlier option if they can find one. In this case Texas either didn't read the clue thoroughly or figured that nobody would do better than the 7:20. I do have some sympathy with them, because part of the pleasure of the race is the chance to see the world, and if I found myself in Paris (for the first and maybe only time) with hours before my train reservation, I sure would be tempted to pay my respects to the Eiffel Tower et al. On the other hand: it's a race.

• Love 2

I am trying to compile a full list of the stupidity in this episode:

1) Rotterdam is in Germany

2) Rotterdam is Amsterdam

3) The French call it Rotterdam

4) Hagoo

5) Router Dahm (like Notre Dame)

6) Sightseeing instead of catching a train.

7) Justin and Diana not taking a cab.

8) Chac Attack waiting for a bus instead of taking a cab.

9) Justin saying "Please give it to her." when the judge was checking Diana's sunflower painting. It was not a subjective decision, it was either right or wrong, moron!

10) Chac Attack passing the Rotterdam Station and riding the train to Amsterdam because apparently not only is Amsterdam, Rotterdam, but Rotterdam is NOT Rotterdam.

11) James Earl choosing the later train. (Debatable, but was the wrong move)

12) Chac Attack boarding a Tram clearly marked Tram 9, while saying they needed to get on Tram 1.

13) Diana not throwing Justin off the bridge when he berated her.

14) Tanner and Josh's epic struggle to figure out what 152 minus 128 equals.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 9
I just want to confirm we're still watching The Amazing Race and not The Fitbit Race?

I like the Fitbit placement, it integrates well into the show and I find it much preferable to the Gnome and Car placements of the past.

Product placement is one thing, but I doubt any viewer wants to watch people working out their Fitbit Arithmetic.  "Here we are in Rotterdam (a.k.a. Amsterdam), and we're going to be doing... sums!"  Not compelling viewing.  

But yeah, he was an ass about it, insisting that she should admit that she made a terrible mistake. STFU, Justin.

Oh, she made a terrible mistake, alright! I'm hoping she realizes it in time to dump his ass on the race.

• Love 1

Product placement is one thing, but I doubt any viewer wants to watch people working out their Fitbit Arithmetic. "Here we are in Rotterdam (a.k.a. Amsterdam), and we're going to be doing... sums!" Not compelling viewing.

Oh, she made a terrible mistake, alright! I'm hoping she realizes it in time to dump his ass on the race.

I beg to differ on the basic arithmetic. Tanner and Josh made it exciting. :)

• Love 8

I spent a lot of energy last week defending the racers for not knowing the French Revolution motto. I can't defend pronouncing The Hague as Hagoo. I can't do it. It's ubiquitous; it's in the news so often. You do the news for a living! I don't get it.

I absolutely can't defend thinking Rotterdam is the same as Amsterdam. Why do people do that? I live in Tucson, and my friends back east always call it Phoenix, even though the cities are over 100 miles apart. It's weird. I had a friend who was in Phoenix for a business meeting. She called one morning and invited me to lunch that day. I tried explaining to her I don't get four hours for lunch (to drive there and back). She still didn't get it. Do people not understand that states and countries have multiple cities? Bizarre.

I enjoyed this leg because the tasks were interesting. While I wasn't very impressed with France, I love The Netherlands. It's in my top three of favorite countries I've visited.

I wouldn't let Dr. Chac anywhere near me. Sorry, he's just too much of a dunderhead. I wouldn't let Ben Carson near me, either. I just think my doctors should be smarter than I am.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 14

I absolutely can't defend thinking Rotterdam is the same as Amsterdam. Why do people do that?...  Do people not understand that states and countries have multiple cities? Bizarre.

Your analysis may well be right, but I got a somewhat different impression while watching. Rick Chac was so definite that the two cities are one, and his laughing "Oh, it's so cute that you keep calling it Rotterdam when its name of course is Amsterdam" that he seemed to have permanently had it in his head that Rotterdam was an informal nickname for Amsterdam. The same way some US cities have silly nicknames that play on the sound of their names: just like Hot-lanta, India-no-place, Lost Wages, and many others, to him Rotterdam meant Rotten Ol' Amsterdam. Because of course there couldn't be two cities ending in -dam in such a small country. 

Now as to how he maintained that belief after seeing the railroad sign for Rotterdam... I got nothin'.

• Love 3

Seven episodes in, and I'm just not invested in this season. Maybe "The Hagoo" pushed me over the edge, but I find this season's teams to be either dumb, annoying, or bland. I've been watching TAR since season 3 asnd usually by this time in the race I've latched onto one or two favorite teams to root for the rest ofthe way. This season, I just don't care who wins. I always enjoy the scenery and the locals, and I can tolerate the product placement pseudo-ads in the interest of keeping the show on the air, but if there's a TAR 28 they really need to do something about the casting.

• Love 3

I wonder how much extra cash they won because of all those extra steps that she made them take?

About a mile between the overnight spot and the water taxi, which is ~2,000 steps x 2 people = $4000. Hard to tell whether the total step count was started from that point, though that's what the clue implied.

Speaking of distances, the Double Dutch challenge was 2km / a mile and a bit from Rotterdam Centraal and the ship simulator challenge, so that added an extra 20-30 minutes to the cheerleaders' Detour.

Edited by etagloh
  • Love 1

I think that the real winners this leg was Team Texas. Yes, they should have tried for an earlier train, but their decision to sight see allowed them to actually see and experience Paris. And, the comments they made, they enjoyed the experience in Paris. Although they fell behind they still ended up in a solid position. Yes, it could have gone the other way, but it didn't.

And, as mentioned above, Dianna increased the cash prize they received by not only running to the first site, but then taking 3 tried to get the right painting...

• Love 11

I'm living in Rotterdam so this episode was particularly fun/embarrassing for me as an American. These people are complete idiots. The fun part was having my friends and family see where I live now... Love it here and never want to go back!

Also of note, "The Hague Beach" was trending on Twitter today. I wonder if people didn't realize there's an amazing beach at The Hague (until the woman on Tram 9 said that's where they were headed?). Seriously, there are restaurants that put chaises and BEDS out on the sand that you can reserve for sunbathing. Of course it's only warm enough to do that about 2 days out of the year, but hey. BEDS.

• Love 10

This is a question I've had for years . Would production let a team travel to the wrong country?

Maybe not the wrong country but, I remember a team that went the wrong way in Chile? over the mountains? They might've ended up in the wrong country if they'd kept going, also in another race I believe a team went the wrong way in Greece and ended up on the other side of the country, if they had gone north instead of west they would've ended up in a wrong country. Some countries are closer to each other than some cities within countries are.

I'd love to see a race where there was a true competitive field, with everyone roughly equally matched and you have no idea what is going to happen.

Isn't that kind of what we had with the daters? all youngish, most male/female but yet the most hated race that I've seen. I like seeing how well the older teams doe (since I'm older) and the parent/child teams (since I'm a mother) Please don't make this a generic only the young/able need apply.

• Love 3

5) Router Dahm (like Notre Dame)

Sigh. I'm in no way making excuses for dumb American pronunciation, but pronouncing Rotterdam as "row-ter-dahm" is actually much closer to the actual Dutch pronunciation, so I can't make fun of an American team who says it like that. Pleasantly surprised!

• Love 2

I don't know if it's well integrated, but I'd love to see the exchange: "You've been counting your steps throughout this leg. Do you know what this is all about?" - "But of course! Product placement!"

I think my favorite bit from the episode was on the tram. "Does this tram go to the Peace Palace?" - "No, it goes to the beach." There is something superbly absurd and funny about this juxtaposition.

• Love 6

Nothing is ever Justin's fault, and Diana should always get over it.  Unless of course she did something wrong than he should never in life be expected to get over it.  He doesn't admit to doing anything wrong, other than to say that "we fight."  There is never a question of Justin ever working on his behavior because apparently he is the best person ever in life and on this race.

When Justin was berating Diana about HER incredibly wrong decision not to take a cab, I was really hoping she would tell him, "You just need to get over it." I would have laughed so hard! But yeah, he was an ass about it, insisting that she should admit that she made a terrible mistake. STFU, Justin. Stop guilt tripping her.

Justin also annoyed me when he went on and on, yelling and complaining about how he wanted them not to argue this leg.  She wasn't arguing, only he was and he was arguing about them arguing. I wish Diana would have said, "You want us to stop arguing? Then stop arguing!"  

He suffers from an incredible lack of self-awareness and an over-inflated ego.  

I can't decide if Diana is very insecure, thinking that she could never do better than Justin, or if she is just bidding her time, hoping they win the million, then she will move on to someone better.  

• Love 6

I'm living in Rotterdam so this episode was particularly fun/embarrassing for me as an American. These people are complete idiots. The fun part was having my friends and family see where I live now... Love it here and never want to go back!

Cool. It must be great living in Amsterdam. I hear the Germans are wonderful people. :)

• Love 21

1. I can not wait for someone to wipe that smug, asshole smile from Justin's face.  Can't wait.  It won't come close to the joy I felt when Hayley lost, but it will be close.  I've tried to like him but every single thing he does bugs and annoys me.  Sad that the reporters were so close but weren't able to seal the deal.  They both suck, but he sucks way, way, way worse than she ever will

He'll get his comeuppance when he doesn't win. I'd make wagers that he gets close with no cigar.

My most hated contestant, ever.

• Love 5

The cheerleaders might not know jack about European geography (no, Rotterdam is not in Germany), but they killed that double dutch challenge this week and the French rapping challenge last week so I give them props. Imagine any of the other teams attempting the double dutch challenge

They are such stereotypes of the girly-girl with their screeching, ponytails and loud clothing that it's not surprising they could jump rope and sing.  I can't imagine the guys on any of the other teams doing well with the double dutch.

1st, CBS, A.R., I realize your 'BLIND DATE' /COUPLE concept last season did not work well, but I commend you for TRYING to stir up the mix.

BUT you went RIGHT BACK to the 'COOKIE CUTTER MOLD for Casting the 'couples' who race!

I.E.-Every Season-there seemed to be a memo sent out saying :

Amazing Race-You must cast the following:

#1-A Black Team

#2 -A Team that has heritage from the 'Far East'

#3 A Team that is either Father/Daughter or Mother /Son

#4 A team with at least one gay member

#5 a Team that has a member with a 'handicap'

#6 A team with a Southern Accent

#7 a female 'Bimbo' Team-i.e. cheerleaders, models, centerfolds, etc

#8 Athletes, ex, retired, semi pro, etc.

#9 a team with a 'professional' on it, hopefully, DR. -need arrogance!

(if you are having casting trouble, you may COMBINE -i.e. Parent with gay child, or Black athletes.. BUT, they MUST ALL BE accounted for! Demographics people!! (Am surprised that the show does not demand a Native American team..)

But, because CBC/Amazing Race does this Every Season, you almost know who is going home right away/the 1st few episodes!

So, please, toss this mold away. With the open casting across the country, you can still get personable teams we can root/hate!

Which leads me to JASON and ? -Doesn't actually matter who he is with, could be his GRANNY and he would probably still win. He did his homework, said he 'watched the last 2-3 seasons'. (Probably watched them back to back, studied them). He is approaching the A.R. like it is a Job where you only get paid If you come in 1st.. and it is working.. Yes, He could be nicer to his fiancé.. but..

and yes, this season.. AIRHEADS! (UNLESS..they are purposely showing the 'idiot remarks' more).

Like, What exactly do 'Team Reporters' REPORT? The HAGUE? I MIGHT  make the mistake at 1st, but realize what 'the hague' was right afterwards.. and BOTH of them not realizing 'The Hague'  when the Peace Building is mentioned? I now figure they are like MY local 12 reporters (All local news all the time.). You know, the  channel that you would NOT hear much about that Russian plane blowing up this week over Egypt, but, you would hear about the 'crime wave' at the local strip mall where someone has stolen 3 boxes of candy from the local supermarker!. And, yes, a bug bite blowing up on a Doctor! Medical Doctor or Ph.d? I can't believe a M.D. or O.D. cannot ask someone from production (who must have 1st aid kits) from benedryl (sp?) crème or some other antihistamine to make the swelling (an allergic reaction) to go down!

But, the Texan team.. how many times have they watched the show? So many times on other seasons teams have found EARLIER trains, planes, boats, etc. then what is scheduled.. You watch and should know , never let the other teams out of sight!

• Love 5

Seven episodes in, and I'm just not invested in this season. Maybe "The Hagoo" pushed me over the edge, but I find this season's teams to be either dumb, annoying, or bland. I've been watching TAR since season 3 asnd usually by this time in the race I've latched onto one or two favorite teams to root for the rest ofthe way. This season, I just don't care who wins. I always enjoy the scenery and the locals, and I can tolerate the product placement pseudo-ads in the interest of keeping the show on the air, but if there's a TAR 28 they really need to do something about the casting.

I'm with you, and while there is no team I'm crazy rooting for, there is one I'm crazy rooting against. They have J and D in their name and for some obscure reason they seem to favor the color green - weird, right!?... 

• Love 2

I am laughing as hard as anyone about "Hagoo" (she needs to call him Mr Hagoo --rhymes with Magoo-- for a while), but in his defense, I am a great reader and reasonably intelligent, but when I was tired from traveling, I was reading something out loud and pronounced "lines" as a two syllable word: lin-ess (rhymes with "finesse") and then turned to my companion and asked: "what's that?" I think at least some of the idiocy we see on the race is Killer Fatigue. It used to manifest in whining and crying and screaming, but people seem to have gotten the self-control not to do that after seeing such meltdowns embarrass previous contestants. Now it's coming out as inability to think clearly and do basic tasks normally. I'm waiting for the day they can't find any pairs where one berates the other, but that day will probably never come, because the perpetrators don't seem to find it embarrassing anyway, so there's no learning going on by watching others do it.

• Love 6