Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Rozwell

Umm, when they drive onto that military base .... there's a car driving by in the background.

Where did they find a Volkswagen Thing to drive ?

So, in the last 3 episodes, they went from somewhere near Memphis on the Mississippi to Texas, to Roswell, New Mexico.  I thought they were running out of fuel and ammo, but they seem to have plenty of both now.

I finally remembered where I know the actress playing Bernadette from -- she was in Galaxy Quest.

Once again, zombies with hats -- this time the soldier.

Addie makes a Jurassic Park reference when they find the high-tech Minority Report-style screen in the bunker.

10K finds a kickass gun.  And Roberta uses it to take down the drone.

How come all the rest of those dead secret service agents in the bunker didn't turn ?  One did, but that was it.  How did those other guys in alien-style suits get bit and infected ?  As those suits seemed pretty tough.

How does that entire base have power ?  Nearly every building was lit up at night.  I'm guessing nuclear-powered secret military bunker, but why would all the buildings on the surface be powered on ?

What drone in Colorado recognized Murphy ?  I don't remember any drone.

Still no Citizen Z or his dog -- at least they name-dropped him.

A couple of things made me giggle last night-there was one of the secondary characters, an old gentleman with a mustache and beard, who looked just like Hershel Greene, from The Walking Dead. I'm pretty sure that was deliberate. Also, the guy at the end who was in love with Bernadette, was named "Dan Scully," which I'd bet is a deliberate reference to "Dana Scully" from The X Files.

• Love 4

Murphy's "mostly..mostly" was from Aliens.

Thought this was a lot of fun.  Great use of the road trip to meet pockets of survivors who have their own odd obsession.  Loved the back and forth between 10K and Murphy about the existence of aliens, without specifically answering the question.  "Told you so"  "Proves nothing".  Ha! 

• Love 3

This episode was a lot of fun.  Love it when the whole gang is together, bantering.  Addy was so funny when she said, "Of course we want to know what's really going on.  ;) "  (To Scully)

I think they abandoned the super computer with info about them and the mysterious Zona awfully quickly, though.  But the show must go on, I suppose.

• Love 1
Addie makes a Jurassic Park reference when they find the high-tech Minority Report-style screen in the bunker.

How come all the rest of those dead secret service agents in the bunker didn't turn ?  One did, but that was it.  How did those other guys in alien-style suits get bit and infected ?  As those suits seemed pretty tough.

The Jurassic Park quote made me laugh out loud.  "I know this!"  As if.  But she still managed to make it work anyway, of course, because TV.  lol

I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with the agents.  Did Scully kill them?  Why?  I might have to watch this again.  As far as turning goes, I thought the agents had all been expired through the head.  The guys in the alien suits didn't have to be bitten to get infected.  As with TWD, just dying will cause you to turn.

I liked the premise that the aliens are us.  And yet when Scully was asked whose technology it was, he was like, no clue.  "Proves nothing!" as 10K said. 

• Love 2

So was Zona Arizona? I'm a little slow on the upbeat. Anyhow, our group seems to be finally getting closer to CA. However long that lasts, lol.

That was my impression of what ZONA meant as well (seen on that Minority Report-style display).

What amazes me is that they have been so low on resources lately, yet they went from somewhere on the Mississippi near Memphis to Texas (where the Collector apparently lived) to New Mexico in 3 episodes.

http://www.syfy.com/znation/maps/

• Love 2

Well, I watched it again, and it didn't really make sense.  When Scully was dying, he said he'd come there a few months ago to salvage technology, and that everyone was dead or turned when he go there.  So the agents lying around....?  I'm willing to forget all about it, however.

This was like Z Nation meets Scoobie Doo.  I so wanted someone to pull out a pocket comb and some tissue paper. 

They showed Scully face and all i thought was, "i would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids"

Really wanted actual aliens, guess i will have to do with maybe aliens.

• Love 2

I think this is one of my favorite episodes so far.  (and I seem to have missed the Collector.  It's a good thing these shows mostly stand alone)

I caught the Jurassic Park reference, but I missed the Aliens one. I will have to rewatch.  Such a shame to have to sit through 48 minutes of 10K again....