Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Live Through This

I just don't buy the Damon and Bonnie best friend thing. It is my personal feeling. Damon has a very close relationship with Ric and a now decent relationship with Stefan. Damon has been shown to have some conflict about Bonnie due to Elena. I do see that he would care about her like he does Matt b/c of Elena's feelings. And I also get the prison world bond, but Ric just found out he purposely body jacked his wife. Damon of past would have been right over to help.

Lots of veiwers resent some things Plec did to service the Delena fans. I just resent what I see as making Damon and Bonnie closer than they would be to service Bamon fans. I do like the Ric/Bonnie/Damon stuff b/c it was more about Bonnie and Damon helping Ric which makes more sense to me. I enjoy the three Amigos better. But I have also never seen much connection with Bonnie and Damon as other do. So to me these scenes like at the bar feel contrived.

Hmm...Personally I am not here for romantic Bamon so I can't speak to that aspect. But, I like Bonnie and can only stand Damon when he is bro-ing it up with someone. So, for me, their friendship adds Bonnie to the list of people that make me not want to punch Damon in the face so bring it on. As for fanservice, well this show has been basically surviving off that and shipping for a while now. Of course, not being a Bamon fan, I only see their interactions as friends and don't really see what the show has done to artificially deepen their friendship beyond the premise of them being stuck in that world together. People are social creatures, and when two people are stuck that way, I would think the outcomes would be either open hostilities or growing closer. People that go on extended trips away from every  thing/one they know, especially when they are in a foreign country often form friendships with people they would never hang out with because the environment is different so their closeness is not surprising to me. Of course, this is YMMV, 100%.

Oh, and what mostly confused me was that you said Damon basically left Alaric hanging to be with Bonnie at the bar? I was under the assumption that Alaric was with Fo (Faux Jo) and that they basically were hanging out because they had a shitty day and wanted to update each other on the mcguffins and the scene was a declaration of intent for both of them against Lily for taking Elena from them. I liked it because I feel like that is one reason that would unite them to raise hell and be all in with no mitigating factor. It at least promises to be fun with both of them on the war path...which I need because this show has been too tame lately and maybe the heretics can compel themselves personalities when facing an all out assault. But hey, to each their own...

Bonnie and Enzo?! Well that I wasn't expecting, I guess that takes him out of the who is Caroline's fiancee choices. It's like every week they're crossing someone off the list. Last one was Tyler, Stefan, now Enzo. I guess Matt's last?

I like Stefan/Damon roadtrips, they're funny.

The scene when Stefan finds out the truth about the baby was so sad, PW did so well with Stefan's pain. 

So if the stone is putting random people with no memories in peoples bodies how did Julian instantly wake up and know Lily? His body is reunited with his soul.

Anyone else think that the soul inside Jo is Jenna? I totally bet they'll have it be her. Klaus stabbed her in the heart. 

• Love 2

This episode made me realize that Enzo is Spike-lite. I never paid enough attention to him to make the connection before. Plec and Dries are such hacks, at least they're stealing from the best I suppose, or trying to.

ETA it's be nice if not was Jenna. Everyone including Caroline (who boinked her murderer) and the writers seem to have conveniently forgotten about her. Elena is the worst for this.

Edited by slayer2

So if the stone is putting random people with no memories in peoples bodies how did Julian instantly wake up and know Lily? His body is reunited with his soul.

Anyone else think that the soul inside Jo is Jenna? I totally bet they'll have it be her. Klaus stabbed her in the heart.

With regards to the stone soul body match up situation, when Bonnie was doing the spell she just seemed to randomly go through a bunch of spells until one stuck. Whereas the heretics have more information so probably hit on a more exact spell. There were also 3 of them so maybe the magic was stronger. I have always thought that Bonnie has needed a magic mentor which why I loved Grams so much. If ever there was a time to bring back Lucy Bennett this is it!

Jenna being in Jo would be great - how much would that screw with Alaric 's mind. I wonder if Isobel could squeeze in too?

Edited by Jads

I'm guessing Jo's body has been inhabited by some vampire that got dusted a century or 2 ago seeing as she has no knowledge of the modern world at all, which definitely rules out Jenna, Isobel, and Lexi, all vampires that lived in or to the modern age. I'm thinking they're going with a new character with this, but the characters of this show have definitely been hit or miss so I don't expect much.

Bonnie and Enzo?! Well that I wasn't expecting, I guess that takes him out of the who is Caroline's fiancee choices. It's like every week they're crossing someone off the list. Last one was Tyler, Stefan, now Enzo. I guess Matt's last?

I like Stefan/Damon roadtrips, they're funny.

The scene when Stefan finds out the truth about the baby was so sad, PW did so well with Stefan's pain.

I thought it might be Lexi but whoever is in Jo's body is a very old vampire since they have no idea how to live in this world.

Jenna would be awesome but I'd like Lexi even more because Stefan needs a friend right now and because I want Lexi and Alaric to happen!

Agreed on Defan roadtrip that scene in the car was hilarious!

Also. My own speculation about the huntress is that she was the one to kill all the vampires with the X mark (hence Not Jo saying she was stabbed in the heart) as her signature and she trapped them in the Phoenix stone.

Julian's death confuses me. Was it Oscar that killed him? Or did he just hide him? Because Damon and Stefan were talking about how Oscar killed him as I guess it's what they think happened. Valerie didn't confirm this though. So maybe it was the huntress after all?

Edited by raytch
  • Love 1
(edited)

Julian's death confuses me. Was it Oscar that killed him? Or did he just hide him? Because Damon and Stefan were talking about how Oscar killed him as I guess it's what they think happened. Valerie didn't confirm this though. So maybe it was the huntress after all?

If Oscar killed Julian, it was before the heretics were sent to the prison world. One of the heretics told Stefan and Damon that Julian died in 1903 (I can't remember if it was Valerie at the gas station or Nora/Mary Louise at the coffin).

It was explained this week that in order to bring back Julian, the phoenix stone had to be near his body. His soul was inside the stone. But when Bonnie used it, the souls of Oscar and Jo were not in the stone so two random vampire souls were shoved into Oscar and Jo's bodies. I think whoever is inside Oscar and Jo have memories but they weren't thinking straight yet. Oscar 2.0 knew he had never been to Myrtle Beach so at the very least he probably knew what Myrtle Beach was, which is still a memory of geography. Hopefully next week Alaric will start asking Jo 2.0 some questions to see if they can figure out who she is, where she used to live, etc.

I thought it might be Lexi but whoever is in Jo's body is a very old vampire since they have no idea how to live in this world.

I think it was more that whoever got put into Jo and Oscar were disoriented from being brought back to life. I don't think that necessarily means they're super old vampires.

My understanding is that the phoenix stone holds certain vampire souls, but not the souls of every dead vampire. I'm assuming that means that some vampires were killed with a specific weapon (heh, probably the cousin of the white oak stake!) or maybe near the stone in order to have their souls trapped inside the stone. If that's the case then it's not Lexi since she was staked with a regular piece of wood.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Also, I thought Lexi and Jenna had both moved on. Presumably they can't come back from that.

They did but their come back would be more interesting to watch than whatever is up with the heretics this week.

I think the soul in Jo is the X mark hunter.

Anyway, this episode was the best of the bunch so far as I'm concerned. We seem to be getting somewhere with all this build up, and S$$t is about to hit the fan, and I say bring it.

Give me cold, calculated, mean Damon any day of the week, over comedy clown Damon for sure. His snarky lines are all well and good, but we should never forget that he is dangerous and badass. He won't win this fight easily, of course, but he will eventually get the upper hand and win.

I think Valerie should stay, I like her. Aside from Oscar, she is the most interesting heretic (which means they will kill her), and she would be an amazing asset to team Salvatore, plus I hate Steroline. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The FF, was another tantalizing piece of mystery that has me hooked this season. Benzo!!!! Really? Ok, I'll run with that show, but please show the build up, because I liked what I saw between them in present day so far.

"You watch too much scooby doo" was hilarious.

I've always liked Enzo, so I was disappointed with how he was portrayed last season, so I am rooting for him to get some meaty stuff this season.

Poor Alaric- Creepy not Jo is not going to be good for him, but at least I am interested in his SL this year, so yeah, all good, I think.

Lots of story to be told yet, and I finally felt this season has got going finally, after a really shaky start. Lets see if they can deliver the goods going forward.

Edited by miss-vanilla

I think the soul in Jo is the X mark hunter

That is an interesting theory and not something I"ve considered. Even with amnesia she did seem too nice for an ancient vampire suddenly back from the living.

I had been assuming the Phoenix Stone was tied to this hunter in some way. Though I've been speculating that she was dormant or asleep somewhere and Julian's 'escape' brought her back.

Either way I'm hoping she is something other than a hunter like the others we have seen. They've just never seemed a credible threat to any vampires.

Edited by Couver

Has Alaric or anyone else even wondered about his and Jo's unborn twins? Have they had the souls of some random vampire infused into them as well, courtesy of the Phoenix Stone? That's a really creepy thought. Not to mention it must be disorienting in the extreme for an old vampire to suddenly reincarnate as a fetus :p

• Love 1

Who else is beginning to worry about Bonnie falling in unrequited love for Damon?

Me, but just 'cause you mentioned it. I can't do this Chloe Sullivan shit again bro.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3