Type keyword(s) to search

Good Morning America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They just did some sort of highlight reel that went on for what seemed like 10 minutes (so 5) and neither of them were shown, even when the whole crew were in the picture anything with either of them as even off to the side or part of a group was omitted, PATHETIC.

The world has gone mad when two people who work together & are sleeping together are wiped from history in this way. They didn't murder the crew, they had sex and were 2 consenting adults FFS!

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I read today that viewers are complaining about the new people who are wearing sleeveless tops, amidst the freezing weather that has taken lives.  It seems they see it as thoughtless to be dressed that way while reporting of cold related deaths.  They are in NY, not FL.  I do get it.  What would make a woman get ready for her work on air during the coldest time in history and she decides on sleeveless?  I really don’t get it.  It seems odd and not in a good way. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I read today that viewers are complaining about the new people who are wearing sleeveless tops, amidst the freezing weather that has taken lives.  It seems they see it as thoughtless to be dressed that way while reporting of cold related deaths.  They are in NY, not FL.  I do get it.  What would make a woman get ready for her work on air during the coldest time in history and she decides on sleeveless?  I really don’t get it.  It seems odd and not in a good way. 

I completely agree!  It has always bugged me when women have on sleeveless dresses and tops on the air in the winter.  On news shows and sports shows.  Never the men who are completely in season-appropriate suits.  Just dumb IMO.  I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it bugs me.  I can name a number of women who are notorious for this.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I historically have liked GMA weekend better than the weekday GMA. I also have time to watch on Saturday morning as opposed to weekdays.

I don’t think any of these shows needs three anchors. And Whit Johnson is the epitome of bland, generic, white guy broadcaster (I figured they were positioning him for a lead role on the show when they hired him as the third anchor a few years back). Whit has taken to wearing thick black glasses these days - maybe to show us how smart he is? Gio Benitez has been filling in lately as the third anchor and he is the worst. That phony, loud voice is like nails on a blackboard

I wonder why Rob Marciano, the meteorologist, was reassigned off the show. I do like Danielle Breezy, the Nashville ABC affiliate meteorologist who fills in frequently. She has as natural, bright style that is a perfect fit. I see her becoming a permanent fixture on the show in the future.

I don't care if 2 consenting adults are fucking & unless they're doing it while onscreen I don't get why it would be "distracting" to others or why it bothers people.

Work place romances have been around since people started working together & they're not stopping anytime soon no matter how hard people try to outlaw them.

• Like 4

Sure, workplace romances have been around for ages, but how offensive they are depends upon how people act at the workplace.  I wouldn't want to see two people fawning all over and maybe groping each other, and perhaps that's what other workers were tired of seeing.   Doesn't matter if they're married or not.

I've seen people on the job where there were rumors of a romance, but they acted professionally and if not for the rumors, no one would have known about them.

I’m not sure how I feel about the recent firings. I guess I’m confused that ABC initially said they hadn’t violated any workplace rules.  I do suspect it will run its course and a year down the road Amy will be disappointed and considering it an unfortunate decision on her part to hookup under those circumstances….career wise.  

This show is a lot like the other network morning news programs, consisting mainly of commercials, interspersed with regular local news segments.  Ugh……..The first hour today, the actual show went for no more than 2 minutes before a long commercial break.  It’s so insulting.   I would be embarrassed.  The network should be called out on this.  It’s easy to see not many want to watch it.  

I did like the meteorologist’s dress.  Lol. They are fortunate to have George and Roberts.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 2/1/2023 at 7:58 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure how I feel about the recent firings. I guess I’m confused that ABC initially said they hadn’t violated any workplace rules.  I do suspect it will run its course and a year down the road Amy will be disappointed and considering it an unfortunate decision on her part to hookup under those circumstances….career wise.  

This show is a lot like the other network morning news programs, consisting mainly of commercials, interspersed with regular local news segments.  Ugh……..The first hour today, the actual show went for no more than 2 minutes before a long commercial break.  It’s so insulting.   I would be embarrassed.  The network should be called out on this.  It’s easy to see not many want to watch it.  

I did like the meteorologist’s dress.  Lol. They are fortunate to have George and Roberts.  

I think the problem with TJ and Amy's relationship was that it started getting noticed in the gossip rags and other media and ABC execs felt that created too much of a distraction. If things had remained low-key, I think the execs would have overlooked it

I'm liking the segments from New Zealand with Robin

• Like 1

I was surprised Robin Roberts' bungee jump in New Zealand was as controlled as it was. I was expecting she would jump with a cord tied around her ankles, which has to hurt and can't be good on one's knees or ankles. Her actual jump still looked scary enough. The scenery in New Zealand was really beautiful