Type keyword(s) to search

Good Morning America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Dani said:

To me it was less about what she said (although it was ignorant) than the hysterical laughter like the very idea was so absurd she couldn’t even finish reading the story. 

George and the other anchor that were cackling have received little blow back.  Lara apologized today and, at least in the clip GMA posted on Twitter, George didn't say a word about his part in this controversy.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I don’t watch this show but did notice that Sara only took 2 weeks of maternity leave after having her 3rd baby.  I can’t imagine how hard that must’ve been physically.  She must’ve been fearing for her job considering that the article points out the Keke was the co host while she was out and they offered her a deal to stay.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

I don’t watch this show but did notice that Sara only took 2 weeks of maternity leave after having her 3rd baby.  I can’t imagine how hard that must’ve been physically.  She must’ve been fearing for her job considering that the article points out the Keke was the co host while she was out and they offered her a deal to stay.

I didn't even know that Sara had another baby until I saw those two articles.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, scenicbyway said:

I don't see this show much but noticed Keke on with them all of the sudden, and then I noticed it is like Sara is a third wheel and you can tell she feels that way.  It is just a weird vibe with the three of them and my guess is Sara won't be on long?  I have no idea, really, but that is just how it feels when you watch the three of them together.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm surprised to see Diane Sawyer being the interviewer here, because I thought she was done with ABC World News.

Unless she's still with ABC and doing something else now?

She does occasional interviews. Maybe she's semi-retired. She seems close to Robin Roberts.

• Love 2

He doesn't participate in the costume thing.  I think it was last year he was in his suit while they were all in costume.  I think he probably thinks it's not dignified.  I also turned over from Today to check them out and I have to say that Lara Spencer trying to do Liza Minelli was awful.  I was embarrassed for her.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2019 at 7:14 AM, chitowngirl said:

Does the Good Morning America group ever host a full week? I get that during football Michael is out on Mondays, but there always seems to be someone other than Robin or George in.

Well George is out because he does the Sunday news shows.  Hes there most of the othertime. 

Does GMA Day have its own link yet?  I didnt see anything.  I just wanted to say that im really enjoying the show lately.  I think they have started to bond, and get a routine going.  I was worried for Sara when Keke first started. I like the threesome, but no bueno for just two.  Theyre funny and the hour goes by pretty quick.  Its the only show i leave on to do stuff.  Otherwise i usualy turn off the tv.  So Cheers to All at GMA Day.  Youve turned it around and its enjoyable now (imho aniyway) 🥂🤗  one thing:  Keke and Sara could be a little less PDA.  Sometimes its funny, sometimes meh.  I get the sentiment.  Ok.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2019 at 2:25 PM, debbie311 said:

He doesn't participate in the costume thing.  I think it was last year he was in his suit while they were all in costume.  I think he probably thinks it's not dignified.  I also turned over from Today to check them out and I have to say that Lara Spencer trying to do Liza Minelli was awful.  I was embarrassed for her.

I think George is just shy when it comes to those things.  But i do think he can laugh and find humor in himself. But anything not behind a desk just makes him shy.  Imho.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2019 at 4:17 PM, Tammee said:

Does GMA Day have its own link yet?  I didnt see anything.  I just wanted to say that im really enjoying the show lately.  I think they have started to bond, and get a routine going.  I was worried for Sara when Keke first started. I like the threesome, but no bueno for just two.  Theyre funny and the hour goes by pretty quick.  Its the only show i leave on to do stuff.  Otherwise i usualy turn off the tv.  So Cheers to All at GMA Day.  Youve turned it around and its enjoyable now (imho aniyway) 🥂🤗  one thing:  Keke and Sara could be a little less PDA.  Sometimes its funny, sometimes meh.  I get the sentiment.  Ok.

Agreed. I think three is the magic number. The dynamics are good now, the lunch dish segment is fun and they the hosts all represent different demographics and stages of life and genuinely seem to get along. Also noticed their social media numbers have skyrocketed since Keke Palmer joined the show.

I would say sometimes they are talking over each other when excited about a topic, so if this figure this dynamic out, it will be a little more smooth.

Not sure how they are going to keep Keke Palmer though - I know she's young, but with all her projects, I feel like she is going to burn out!

• Love 1
On 1/22/2020 at 8:31 PM, RealHousewife said:

Tiffany Haddish is hilarious and delightful. 

How is Candace Cameron Bure prettier now in her 40's? Amazing. 

Well GMA Day has been off all week for a new show abt the virus.  Not sure if perm or temp.  Sara no-H hasnt said a word about the view maybe having an opening soon

I like Amy and this news show. Very informative and she is a very good moderator. Much better use of the time slot than tedious Strahan and the two women who embarrass themselves catering to him.

• Love 1

I was just curious if anyone knows why ABC has no other programming day or night other than "pandemic, what you need to know".  All other channels have kept up some normal programming, and does ABC really think that people only want Covid news?  So strange.  

• Love 1

Strahan , Sara should have been cancelled a long time ago ! 3rd hour is way better , or bring back the Chew !  Michael and Sarah were horrible from day one and adding Keke didn’t help ! What happened to Sarah? She tried way too hard and at times acted like she has the hots for Micheal .

• Love 3

Kind of disappointed about SSK getting cancelled. It was a nice escape. Ironically, I think it would have built more of an audience during the pandemic with so many people at home. The cancellation may not have been announced officially, but all the youtube videos from the show already say “GMA3” instead of “Strahan Sara and Keke”. “What You Need to Know” is probably cheaper to produce as well. Fewer hosts means fewer salaries and no studio audience means no extra staff needed to take care of an audience. I like Amy Robach, but does she want this show permanently? She’s already on GMA plus 20/20. 

On 9/1/2020 at 7:20 AM, seasons said:

Did GZ lose her blow dryer? What's with the beach hair? Looks crappy and sloppy.

And now Cecelia too with the unpolished hair. 

Don't understand why they stopped making an effort to look professional in the studio.

8 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

When did GMA stop dressing up?  I know George stopped dressing up years ago but I didn't know the show quit the costumes altogether.

The other shows dressed up. I know Robin is off Fridays so she wouldn't have been there. I don't see how it could be Covid related. George's dream has come true. lol

• LOL 1

Uh oh, Sam creeping back into GMA while Ginger is on assignment or vacation or whatever. I see he has covered for her before, but I can't help but wonder if he wants that job back instead of being the ABC local morning weather person. He negotiated Fridays off there but not sure that would happen on GMA.

• Love 1

Came to here to see if anyone saw Concert In The Park this morning.  Next week is One Direction is scheduled to appear.  I like these segments during the summer, but was wondering about Aespa that performed today.  They were on the huge stage, but no musicians.  Not even a pretend band.  Just wondering if that’s how all the concerts will be.  

WTF am I seeing on my screen????????????? Looks like some family, 3 people singing, 1 kid & 2 females with the older one looking unable to move on her platform shoes without toppling over & the kid singing the bits about missing & loving someone, how old is he?

I should have stuck with the half time talk at the world cup game.

So I checked the website & apparently it's Gloria Estefan, her daughter & grandson Sasha who is 10 years old 🤯. Just nope!

I know everyone says their offspring are the greatest at everything but this is just too much.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
Updated with who it was.
On 11/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

WTF am I seeing on my screen????????????? Looks like some family, 3 people singing, 1 kid & 2 females with the older one looking unable to move on her platform shoes without toppling over & the kid singing the bits about missing & loving someone, how old is he?

I should have stuck with the half time talk at the world cup game.

So I checked the website & apparently it's Gloria Estefan, her daughter & grandson Sasha who is 10 years old 🤯. Just nope!

I know everyone says their offspring are the greatest at everything but this is just too much.

I actually thought they all sang well. And Gloria's daughter sounds and sings just like her; it's eerie

• Like 1

What the hell?!?

Today A and T were giggling and cracking up during the show like two middle school kids with a crush.

Seriously? ABC is ok with this? 

Very unprofessional, looks like no one gives a shit.

• Like 1

I like that they moved right on with the show, did their jobs, were their same selves with great chemistry.  It's risky going forward in case they have a fight (all couples do) or their relationship goes south, but for now, I like that they both showed up together and were themselves.  

• Love 1