Type keyword(s) to search

Good Morning America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On August 13, 2016 at 8:32 PM, RubberDuckie said:

Lara's hip replacement....crickets...

I thought people would be talking about how's she finally getting attention and sympathy...

I'm thinking that it takes a BIG backseat to Robin and Amy's cancer.  

But I must admit that I DO feel bad for Lara.  In the story, it seemed like she is a very good athlete.  Tho, in a non-competitive way.  When you are SO active, it's got to be tough to be told you probably will have to find other stress outlets than physical.  

• Love 2
On August 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM, LisainCali said:

I'm thinking that it takes a BIG backseat to Robin and Amy's cancer.  

But I must admit that I DO feel bad for Lara.  In the story, it seemed like she is a very good athlete.  Tho, in a non-competitive way.  When you are SO active, it's got to be tough to be told you probably will have to find other stress outlets than physical.  

I had my hip replaced and my only restrictions are no bungee jumping and no skydiving.  So if Lara does what they tell her, she most likely can do whatever else she was doing, giving it some time.

• Love 1

Sara is leaving the Weekend GMA. Not sorry to see her go. She is always trying to get attention away from the others and focus on herself. The more I see of her the more I think she is one ambitious person. Ambition is fine, but she takes it to a whole new level.

Now she is moving on to The View and also sharing a dressing room with Paula. Look out Paula, first Whoopi now your so-called "friend."

Sara's last day on GMA Weekend this morning. She said it's the best group of people that she will ever work with, with tears in her eyes. Ain't that the truth. Now she's full time on The View with Whoopi. Good luck with that!

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1

Amy Robach can't be happy about the new GMA setup. She gets her two news segment and then does nothing else.

And from the little I've seen of the new GMA, Michael's doing  some of the anchor bits that should be going to Amy imo.  Poor Amy left Today because there was no where to advance only to go over to GMA to be passed over for a cackling former talk show host and current football commentator.

I don't know, I just can't take Strahan seriously in the position GMA has given him.  He really shouldn't be that big part of the show until later in the 7:30 half hour.  Maybe if he didn't sound like Daffy Duck on a bad day I could take to him better.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 2

Not that I think what they do on GMA takes some great, specialized skill, but Michael Strahan is so out of place doing anything other than celeb interviews and talking about cutesy viral shit.  He just sticks out, especially when there are folks like Amy Robach and TJ Holmes who can do what Michael does 100 times better.

• Love 3
On 12/4/2015 at 3:44 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

'Good Morning America' wondering where viewers went

So many things went wrong for me.  The chemistry has been off ever since Sam Champion and Josh Elliott, who has disappeared from NBC and NBC Sports, left.  Just promoting whoever was next in line and hiring Strahan just to add another man to the panel doesn't work when the people have little chemistry IMO. 

The article made a good point about GMA being out of touch with them leaning too heavily on the infotainment garbage even after tragedies and disasters.  More news is working for CBS, and even Today knows to keep the lighter stuff contained to the 8:30 half hour when there's bad shit happening in the news.

Sam and Josh were lured away from GMA by NBC  (NBC is part of a consortium that owns The Weather Channel).  Of course to upset the ratings of GMA.  NBC buried Josh Elliot, and Sam Champion was part of a sinking ship with The Weater Channel.

Brutal business, paying someone a zillion dollars for a couple of years stay home (Josh) for better ratings. Just saw him on a promo for CBS.  

On 7/21/2016 at 8:27 PM, MerBearHou said:

Just read that John Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter, will be on GMA along with the daughter she had with him.  I will be watching the "Today" show instead.  Will not spend one moment on watching that woman.

John Edwards was the villain in this sordid plot.  I certainly don't like Rielle, but HE was running for President, for Gods' sake, and had a wife dying of cancer.  And children from said wife, and dragged Elizabeth out to campaign and support him - because she was such a loving and wonderful and supportive woman.  

I might watch, because I would love to hear whether or not he has been a god father.  Not sure if I really care though.  But Rielle is not the one who cheated.  I'm never quite sure why women blame the other woman, and not the cheating, lying bastard that they married.  

Edited by LisainCali
On October 5, 2016 at 6:11 PM, LisainCali said:

Sam and Josh were lured away from GMA by NBC  (NBC is part of a consortium that owns The Weather Channel).  Of course to upset the ratings of GMA.  NBC buried Josh Elliot, and Sam Champion was part of a sinking ship with The Weater Channel.

Brutal business, paying someone a zillion dollars for a couple of years stay home (Josh) for better ratings. Just saw him on a promo for CBS.  

Josh Elliott is now an anchor for CBSN (Elaine Quijano, who moderated the Vice-Presidential candidates' Debate, is also a CBSN anchor) which, as I remember, is the online/digital news service for CBS News. I think Sam Champion is also now working on digital/online/special content for The Weather Channel.

I can't stand the way this show transitions from one topic to the next. They all sit there giggling and then, boom go to serious stories, then end with something they giggle about again. Why? Is it supposed to make us take the srious stuff lightly?

It's not very busy here but I just had to post about George and his interview with the Trump clan this morning. He had to sit there with the lot of them while they sat there like angels and oh so full of themselves.

Ugh!

• Love 3

Whatever ABC is paying George he earned it with the Trump Family interview. To sit and listen to their bullshit takes a lot of patience and he certainly had to have that.

• Love 5

Has George finally had enough of the Halloween madness?  Jezebel didn't have what costume he wore, if he was there at all.  They didn't mention TJ Holmes was dressed as Madea, so.

OK, I checked GMA's Twitter, George didn't dress up.  I'm not even sure if he was there, I just saw a little bit of GMA when Smash Mouth was performing on Today.

So disappointed this morning to see GMA give so much time to the man that disrupted the Trump rally and caused the Secret Service to go into action.  Nobody that causes a security risk should be given air time, it just creates a situation that other protesters will try to gain attention at any rally for either candidate.  I wish the media would not sensationalize bad behavior.

Weekend GMA replaced Sara on pop news with Rachel and she was very good. Now for the past two weeks they've had Diane on pop news and not a fan. Bring back Rachel!

Rachel fit in well with the group but Diane seems too serious and not as friendly on and before air.

Tom Llamas was so moving when he told of his family's escape from Cuba.  When he spoke about hiding packets of KoolAid in greeting cards, just so his relatives could get some calories...I ❤️him....

the Bay of Pigs was the biggest failure of JFK's presidency.  

I saw that. I never realized that Tom was Cuban but he was teary eyed and had to pause telling that story. Paula teared up a bit too. Anyone who praises Castro, like some world leaders have done, should talk to any Miami resident who had to leave their homeland because of that despot.

The weekend crew was reunited this morning (Tues) on GMA. Rob, Paula, Dan with Sara returning for pop news. Nice to see the team back together again. Sara looks happy to be back.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1
On December 27, 2016 at 8:29 AM, rcc said:

The weekend crew was reunited this morning (Tues) on GMA. Rob, Paula, Dan with Sara returning for pop news. Nice to see the team back together again. Sara looks happy to be back.

They were all on yesterday, Monday, as well. At least I remember seeing them together before today. It was either yesterday or Sunday's mostly pretaped show. They made a kinda big deal of Sara being back for the person who replaced her when Sara took the mostly fulltime gig on The View.

Just how long does the "first string" get for vacation over the end of the year holidays anyway? It seems like Ginger & Robin have been off since Thanksgiving (heck, since she came back from her bone marrow transplant it seems like Robin's off more than she's at work); I know George & Michael were on last week before the holiday & I think Lara may have been too. And since Robin was off at least most of the week before last, to me it's fair they (at least George, anyway) have at least some of this week off too. (shrugs)

I saw that on Sunday. I think Paula knew but Rob, Ron and Dan didn't know that Sara would make an appearance. They were pleasantly surprised to say the least.

I love that group.

Been watching GMA for a while and it looks like by bringing Strahan in, all of the women have been shuffled to lesser roles with the exception of Robin.  Amy's only on from 7-8 and just briefly and then has a quick news segment in the 8 hour but isn't in the same studio as the others.  Lara is only on the 8-9 hour and Strahan seems to be doing the entertainment interviews.  Ginger seems to have lost out most of all, she only does brief weather clips and rarely interacts with the audience.  Ginger doesn't even seem to interact with the other anchors.  Strahan seems awkward during the news portion of the show in the 7-8 hour and the desk just seems crowded over all.  Does is really take 4 people at a time to share the news?

I also think Josh Elliot's fall is funny.  He had a great thing going at GMA but threw it away and has subsequently done it every where he's landed?  What is his end goal?  To be rich but out of news completely?

• Love 2
(edited)

Anybody else notice Robin's expression this morning when Charo was running around jumping all over people and when she got to Robin she shook her hand? LOL I think Robin was relieved.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1

I like TJ Holmes. He was at the table today while Strahan was out. They should never have hired Strahan. He hasn't done anything for the ratings either. GMA is still number 1 in the morning but the ratings have been consistently going down since his arrival. The Today Show is catching up. They already had TJ in house. Dumb move IMO.

• Love 3

It seems to me that they keep trying to shoehorn Strahan  SOMEWHERE on that show.  They had him doing hard news at first, but he's no George.  Doing Amy's job, nope. Lara's job?  Nope.  Tossing him outside to fondle the deals and steals?  Nah.  He just still seems like the outside guy.  He seemed to be a good fit with Kelly, maybe it was a mistake to take him out of that format.

I really liked GMA when it was Robin, George, Sam and Josh.  When Sam and Josh got their panties in a twist, they got buried rather than stardom.  Plus, they got replaced with better people, Amy and Ginger!  

This is a goofy business.....

• Love 2

Amy was given the assignment to interview Honey Boo Boo and her mother who had surgery for weight loss. Boo Boo tried to monopolize the interview and acted just as immature and obnoxious as ever. Poor Amy.

They should have given it to Michael. It would serve him right. lol

• Love 2

George had to be relieved this morning that he got to do news, actual news, for the first hour this morning.  No Strahan looking awkward.  No special interest bullshit and entertainment immediately after the first 15 minutes of the show.  If the news was good it would have been nice.  Too bad Strahan and the audience appeared at 8:15, especially when Today of all shows waited until 8:30 to start the fluff.

• Love 1

Anyone have any thoughts about Diane who does the pop news on the weekends? I know she's not Sara but there is just something about her that doesn't say entertainment news reporter to me.

It's pretty slow over here but I thought I'd post that the new GMA Weekend team with Adrienne as the pop news reporter joining Paula, Dan, Ron, and Rob is a good one.