Type keyword(s) to search

Good Morning America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Sarah talked about it on her show with Michael.

Yes thats where i heard it.  Cute picture of Sara -H, Dan, Paula and Ron.  Must have been his Congratulation. Party.

I will miss him.  On a sidenote, Sara, Paula and TJ would be awesome!  i love me some TJ 

3 hours ago, Tammee said:

Yes thats where i heard it.  Cute picture of Sara -H, Dan, Paula and Ron.  Must have been his Congratulation. Party.

I will miss him.  On a sidenote, Sara, Paula and TJ would be awesome!  i love me some TJ 

His last show is tomorrow. My mother is a big fan, but Hurricane Florence knocked out the local ABC station that flooded. She probably won't get to see it. Maybe I can find a video on the Internet. 

GMA Day is painful to watch ! Horribly produced , boring and the fake host “friendship “‘is annoying !

Michael is bad, but Sarah is way more annoying !  WTF happened to her ?  I always liked her ! Now she’s shrill , loud , fake and hanging g all over Michael like she’s his girlfriend ! She looks and acts like a ridiculous ditz! I’m embarrassed for her !

Michael can’t  even talk . His lisping and forcing the fake friendship is so bad .

Why did ABC think that a bad Live with Kelly and Ryan rip off was a good idea ?  Sarah is a more fake annoying version of Kelly , and Micheal is so bad and in competent as a host compared to Ryan.

Besides the fake , forced host relationship, the show is horribly produced and the audience seems to be told scream and clap at everyone with microphones over them so they a small audience sounds like hundreds !

i think this will flop . I don’t know why ABC thinks that Michael is valuable .  Sarah can be good in another setting . Michael obviously looked better than he is  on Live because it’s a well produced show and his cohost was experienced . 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 5
On 9/16/2018 at 12:11 AM, orangekit said:

GMA Day is painful to watch ! Horribly produced , boring and the fake host “friendship “‘is annoying !

Michael is bad, but Sarah is way more annoying !  WTF happened to her ?  I always liked her ! Now she’s shrill , loud , fake and hanging g all over Michael like she’s his girlfriend ! She looks and acts like a ridiculous ditz! I’m embarrassed for her !

Michael can’t  even talk . His lisping and forcing the fake friendship is so bad .

Why did ABC think that a bad Live with Kelly and Ryan rip off was a good idea ?  Sarah is a more fake annoying version of Kelly , and Micheal is so bad and in competent as a host compared to Ryan.

Besides the fake , forced host relationship, the show is horribly produced and the audience seems to be told scream and clap at everyone with microphones over them so they a small audience sounds like hundreds !

i think this will flop . I don’t know why ABC thinks that Michael is valuable .  Sarah can be good in another setting . Michael obviously looked better than he is  on Live because it’s a well produced show and his cohost was experienced . 

I know, it is so so bad.  Sigh.  I think Sara found herself in one of those predicaments where you just have to say yes to something, even though you didnt want to leave your other job. So on not to burn that bridge, gotta do this one.  Suck all the way around.  I just hope they dont go a full year to kill it.  Thats just torturing every one.  Cut bait and be done with it.  Save it for another day

On 9/15/2018 at 6:24 PM, babyhouseman said:

His last show is tomorrow. My mother is a big fan, but Hurricane Florence knocked out the local ABC station that flooded. She probably won't get to see it. Maybe I can find a video on the Internet. 

Yes i saw it..  Very bittersweet, very teary

• Love 1

Why is Robin only on for what seems like once a freakin’ month? It’s like, she goes on vacay for at least a week, then comes back for at least a week, then disappears again, without George, or Michael, or anybody else at least giving the standard “Robin’s on assignment” excuse for her absence, then when she finally comes back she may only be on every other day or something. I don’t believe she’s having any health issues, like what caused her stem cell/bone marrow (I forget which) transplant from her sister, Sally Ann. She just seems to get more time off than the other anchors (like Scott Caan gets written out of 1 episode of Hawaii Five-0 for every 5 episodes Alex O’Loughlin appears in per season). I think if I were the other anchors on GMA, I wouldn’t be very happy if Robin’s getting what seems to be so much more time off than they are, without any real reason for it.

8 hours ago, Readalot said:

GMA Day - you know Kelly is loving that it’s bombing, it’s “proof” that she carries the show and not Michael. 

I can’t imagine this show wouldn’t  bomb . They put a  bad copy of Live on at 1pm !   It’s a badly done rip off! Are the ratings bad ? 

Kelly can grate on my nerves , but Sarah is a more ditzy, more fake , and more annoying version of  Kelly .  I also think Kelly  did make Michael look good  since he is awful on GMA and this mess of a show !

But as bad as Michael is, I think Sarah is worse on this show .Micael at least doesn’t come off shrill and so fake , even though he is not good at his job! 

I think that Gelman  is also a way better producer than whomever produces this crapfest, which  also makes Live’s hosts like much better . 

And what is with Sarah slapping Michael’s butt ? She needs to just stop ! She’s making a food of herself ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Readalot said:

My dad during the promo commercials - “are they having an affair?” “Do they like each other?” “They touch too much”

I do like Sarah, just not on GMA Day 

I mentioned last week that her constant hanging on him REALLY turns me off!!!  She's trying too hard to be Kelly Ripa 2.0 ... just sayin'.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Readalot said:

GMA Day - you know Kelly is loving that it’s bombing, it’s “proof” that she carries the show and not Michael. 

She’s right!  I can’t imagine Michael having a fan base.  I liked Sarah on The View, but this isn’t the show for her.

• Love 2

They might be trying to generate some (fake) sexual tension between Sarah and Michael like Regis and Kathie Lee back in the day or Joe and Mika.  I wonder if GMA Day would work better with maybe Lara, Ginger and Sarah and if came on directly after the first two hours of GMA.

If Robin negotiated for more time off, then more power to her imo. 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

They might be trying to generate some (fake) sexual tension between Sarah and Michael like Regis and Kathie Lee back in the day or Joe and Mika.  I wonder if GMA Day would work better with maybe Lara, Ginger and Sarah and if came on directly after the first two hours of GMA.

If Robin negotiated for more time off, then more power to her imo. 

Well, Joe and Mika are a real couple , so hopefully they aren’t trying to copy that “tension “

I think Sarah is more annoying than Michael at this  point. She screams , comes off  forced and fake , and hangs all over Michael all the time , and it’s  gross and cringeworthy!  She can do this  well if she wasn’t acting so ridiculous. I’ve always liked her , but now she’s awful on this show .

I do think Michael is pretty bad and is his annunciation of words getting  worse ? The one thing that makes him not so annoying is that he doesn’t seem fake like Sarah .  I just do not get the fascination with him by ABC

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 2
On 2018-09-22 at 6:11 PM, orangekit said:

Well, Joe and Mika are a real couple , so hopefully they aren’t trying to copy that “tension “

I think Sarah is more annoying than Michael at this  point. She screams , comes off  forced and fake , and hangs all over Michael all the time , and it’s  gross and cringeworthy!  She can do this  well if she wasn’t acting so ridiculous. I’ve always liked her , but now she’s awful on this show .

I do think Michael is pretty bad and is his annunciation of words getting  worse ? The one thing that makes him not so annoying is that he doesn’t seem fake like Sarah .  I just do not get the fascination with him by ABC

I don’t get him either- totally charmless.  Sexual tension?  Gah!  ?

• Love 2
On 9/19/2018 at 6:22 AM, BW Manilowe said:

Why is Robin only on for what seems like once a freakin’ month? It’s like, she goes on vacay for at least a week, then comes back for at least a week, then disappears again, without George, or Michael, or anybody else at least giving the standard “Robin’s on assignment” excuse for her absence, then when she finally comes back she may only be on every other day or something. I don’t believe she’s having any health issues, like what caused her stem cell/bone marrow (I forget which) transplant from her sister, Sally Ann. She just seems to get more time off than the other anchors (like Scott Caan gets written out of 1 episode of Hawaii Five-0 for every 5 episodes Alex O’Loughlin appears in per season). I think if I were the other anchors on GMA, I wouldn’t be very happy if Robin’s getting what seems to be so much more time off than they are, without any real reason for it.

I always give Robin a pass that she’s off so much.  She had a couple of nasty runs with cancer.  I always hope that she’s okay and that she is just easily tired or something.  I’m hoping she’s not “living with chemo.”

Weekend GMA is another story.  I hate that Dan is gone (or seems to be).  Whit left NBC Los Angeles to go BACK to ABC.  He was a morning anchor here.  I prefer a different show here, but he was my second choice.  He’s very solid and easy on the eyes.  No real opinion on the two women that are on this morning.  

I haven't watched since Paula's going away party. I didn't know Dan hasn't been there with Whit and Eva. I assumed Whit would take over Ron's job and Eva would take over for Paula. Ron told Paula the show wouldn't be the same without them. Right he is.

22 hours ago, rcc said:

Sara and Michael are still terrible. The new team with Whit on Weekend GMA is also terrible. 

They were both awful, but I find Sara way more fake  and loud . She also hangs on Michael all the time and it looks tacky.

• Love 3

Michael- Escalator and Elevator are not the same thing. (Introducing the story on the speeding escalator- He called it an elevator)

Looks like Diane Macedo has become a permanent part of GMA-  Her overnight fans (World News Now) miss her!

Edited by springtime

Who is this Tiffany Haddish that I keep being annoyed with on the commercial breaks?  I guess she's going to be on GMA today, but just that little taste of her on the ads is enough to make me want to throw my TV out the window.

Her voice is really grating.  It's loud and manages to be screechy and hoarse at the same time.  I guess she's going for exuberant and sassy, but she comes off to me as over the top and exhausting.

• Love 4
On 2018-10-26 at 5:27 AM, Zahdii said:

Who is this Tiffany Haddish that I keep being annoyed with on the commercial breaks?  I guess she's going to be on GMA today, but just that little taste of her on the ads is enough to make me want to throw my TV out the window.

Her voice is really grating.  It's loud and manages to be screechy and hoarse at the same time.  I guess she's going for exuberant and sassy, but she comes off to me as over the top and exhausting.

Thank you!  She is frickin’ annoying.  I don’t get the love.

• Love 2

I have zero problems with Tiffany Haddish.  I'll always root for someone who "made it" after age 35.

Did George finally say screw it to Halloween?  I didn't see him on either the little bit of GMA I saw or the clips and pictures of their costumes on their Twitter page.  Don't blame him, he looked more bored and annoyed with it every year and had started to just wear a suit as his costume.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I have zero problems with Tiffany Haddish.  I'll always root for someone who "made it" after age 35.

Did George finally say screw it to Halloween?  I didn't see him on either the little bit of GMA I saw or the clips and pictures of their costumes on their Twitter page.  Don't blame him, he looked more bored and annoyed with it every year and had started to just wear a suit as his costume.

He was "dressed" as Alex P. Keaton.  I enjoy seeing how they get him to participate without him really actually dressing up. He must have put his foot down a few years ago and said of I must participate find costumes that are a suit or something because I'm not going to get in a ridiculous costume like Lara.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

George is a person after my own heart.  I feel like an idiot dressing up for Halloween.???‍♀️

• Love 3

Eva Pilgrim has the worst eyebrows I’ve seen in a long time.  I’m guessing she’s had a brow lift, or facelift.  But she looks like a bad kabuki mask now.  It’s a shame.  For me, it’s so distracting that I almost can’t watch the show.  Love George and Whit though....

Ugh- home sick today and GMA Day is on- I lasted less than 5 minutes.
Sarah sharing a story of her Christmas Tree falling down turned sexually inappropriate quite quickly!

(sticking it it, screwing, bent at the top, hands sticky...)

Is there an intended audience? It sure ain't me!

• Love 2

The other day, at the end of GMA, they aired a generic promo for the show. In the promo, at 1 point, there’s a clip of Robin saying something like “You don’t know how it feels to be able to say ‘Good morning America’ every day.”

I found that rather ironic since

A) She wasn’t on the show that morning, with no reason given for her absence, as usual (they could at least use the all purpose “on assignment” excuse)—& I do get this is the week before Christmas & all the anchors will be off at some point through the end of the year because of the holidays being national & federal ones observed all over the country, & so that’s probably where she was.

and...

B) Even if she hadn’t been off that day, Robin hasn’t said “Good morning America” at the top of the show everyday in I can’t remember how long—& yes I’m cutting her slack on that in regards to her extended sick leaves for her Breast Cancer & Myelodysplasia Syndrome treatment & recovery periods.

I just find it rather disingenuous to have her talk about saying “Good morning America” at the top of the show everyday in a show promo when she actually always seems to be gone & NOT saying that phrase at the top of the show (at least when this regular viewer watches).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a word.
  • Love 2

I've heard the promo, but don't watch enough to know how often Robin is or isn't on.  I just thought it was a reference to her being happy to still be alive after all of her health issues. 

Anyway, she Tweeted a couple of hours ago that she's on vacation until next week.

• Love 1
On 12/21/2018 at 8:49 AM, Zahdii said:

I've heard the promo, but don't watch enough to know how often Robin is or isn't on.  I just thought it was a reference to her being happy to still be alive after all of her health issues. 

Anyway, she Tweeted a couple of hours ago that she's on vacation until next week.

I know there’s still tomorrow in this week for her version of GMA, but at this point it looks like she’s on vacation until next week, meaning this coming Monday (or later). Unless she’s on tomorrow, the only day she’s been on this week was Christmas Day... & that’s probably only because those shows A) Traditionally include the entire regular cast & B) Are taped on some random day, who knows how long before Christmas; a day which happened to be when Robin actually showed up for work.

I really shouldn’t care about this; it’s really no skin off my nose how often Robin actually anchors the show. I just feel badly for the rest of the hosts who seem to manage to be in the Times Square Studio or on the show from location at least 4 days outta 5 each week except for sick days, vacation days, unexpected emergencies, & stuff like when Ginger was either on maternity leave or given a leave of absence because she was doing Dancing with the Stars & that airs from LA, & dance rehearsals are in LA (unless the celeb has to be somewhere else for their usual gig) every day as long as the celeb’s still in the show; or stuff like Michael usually having Mondays off during football season because he’s still doing Fox’s NFL analysis/scoreboard show on Sundays, before, after & during the games Fox airs, & that usually airs from LA, except during most/all of the playoffs (when LA’s teams aren’t in the playoffs) & the Super Bowl (when Fox has coverage rights to the game & LA isn’t the host city for the game), & it’s maybe not all that easy to get back to NYC in time for the Monday show. If I were on GMA (& yes I understand she’s been hosting it forever), I might wonder who Robin thinks she is, getting all the time off she does/certainly seems to, when I get exponentially less. I just don’t think it’s fair to the other hosts she seems to not be there more than she is, when for them it seems to be vice-versa (they’re there more than they’re not).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.

I somewhat agree about Robin and her time off. But I do think she is the heart of the show. Paula Faris has said she "is the best in the business." I agree. She is a very good interviewer and is very likeable. 

Strahan is a different story. He is not a good GMA host and ABC seems to love him. I do not and to me he belongs on Fox Sports.

• Love 3

The one that really annoys me greatly, yes greatly, is Geo.  I cannot stand the way he ends every sentence in a whisper.  No matter what he is reporting about, the last couple few words just drop off and go away lol.  Other than that, love the guy heeheee

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

Looks like they've changed the name of GMA Day to Strahan & Sara.  Not only have they cloned Live's format, they've borrowed part of its title.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/29/abc-gma-day-rebranded-strahan-and-sara/

Sara still sucks even with a new title.  They had the two guys from the Titans football team who opened a cupcake shop on today.  She interrupted them so much, I was hoping someone would dump the batter over her head.

Geez, this bunch. Blathering about the Oscars, they got to Keegan Michael Keys’ Mary Poppins entrance then went on about how he couldn’t close his umbrella. But that was “ok.” Morons couldn’t see the spot on impression of Trump and his umbrella boarding Air Force One. They don’t report news, they can’t even report entertainment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I have not watched Strahan and Sarah for a while , and finally tuned in . They are still awful, and the show is horribly produced. 

I do not get the hype about either of these two It’s like amateur hour!

Sarah can not handle a show like this .  She comes off hyper, immature, shrill, and dumb.  She also had to interject sexual comments as jokes constantly because she doesn’t seem to have any other way to be funny.

is this show doing well in the ratings? 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 3

Paula Faris was with Sara on today's show. They make a good team and Sara seemed at ease instead of trying to please. Anybody know where Michael is? A long vacation? Not that I miss him. Lol

Have I missed an announcement? Has Keke Palmer officially joined Strahan and Sara? Both hosts are back but she’s still there and nobody has said anything! I think it’s great if she does join, but a little surprised, given she has an acting career on the rise. They will have to change the name and set... again!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

I hope Keke will become a permanent host, she has more personality than either Strahan or Sara.

Keke definitely has personality but sometimes her energy is just too manic for me. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Lara Spencer stirred up a little controversy by laughing at Prince George taking ballet

I think the whole thing is overblown.  She said something stupid but it wasn't anything to get that upset over.  Lara's done worse things on the show, like interviewing the woman who obviously lied about giving her daughter botox.

I think it was pretty bad . She showed her real self and how ignorant she is . I actually can’t stand her anyway. She just proved how out of touch and pointless she is on the show . George was pretty ignorant too . 

• Love 4
On 8/23/2019 at 8:05 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

Lara Spencer stirred up a little controversy by laughing at Prince George taking ballet

I think the whole thing is overblown.  She said something stupid but it wasn't anything to get that upset over.  Lara's done worse things on the show, like interviewing the woman who obviously lied about giving her daughter botox.

To me it was less about what she said (although it was ignorant) than the hysterical laughter like the very idea was so absurd she couldn’t even finish reading the story. 

Lara Spencer Is 'Horrified' After Mocking Prince George's Ballet Class, Says Dancer Travis Wall

Edited by Guest