Type keyword(s) to search

Good Morning America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

They aren't replacing Josh with Michael, but with Amy. Michael is filling in occasionally for absent newscasters.

BTW, I'm HAPPY -Pharrell happy- that he's gone, and laughing evily that he got no goodbye fete.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, he did get the "videoclip retrospective", and some well-meaning, if rueful, congrats from the on-air team today. It seemed pretty awkward to me, but that's because I'd read a bit about what was going on. It would be interesting to see how it came across to someone without any prior knowlege of the situation.

Edited by A Boston Gal

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

They had Dan Abrams doing the news segment today, and I couldn't help but wonder why they don't use Ryan Smith more.

Dan's okay, but he's on every day doing that stupid Blade Runner trial. And Rysn's better eye candy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Now that they have Michael, who can do both sports & entertainment, they should get rid of Lara and send her back to antiquing. I know he's not in full time, but I like him much better.

Edited by NCChic
  • Love 2

I'm sorry that Amy has cancer and wish her a complete recovery. Having said that, she is one of the worst interviewers ever.

...and she continues to flub up the facts, mispronounce words, etc on GMA. I can't believe they can't find anyone less lame than her to fill that seat.

The jury is still out if I like her or not. 

What I don't understand are some of the shoes that she wears.  They just look completely wrong for morning TV.  Who decides what she wears?

I also agree Michael is great, but if they try to take him full time, I'm afraid Kelly Ripa will have a nervous breakdown.

From your finger-tips to the ears of TPTB. Nothing would please me more than to see Kelly's "ass & elbows" (courtesy Julie Chen)!!

• Love 2

Did that air head, fill in woman host (Sara?) actually just call The Duke of Edinburgh "The King of England"? What a dunce. And the rest of them just sat there like dopes. No surprise I guess, as big hot shot newsman George has regularly referred to Queen Elizabeth II as "The Queen Mom".

• Love 1

Well, they're probably just following the fine American tradition set by "I Wanna Marry Harry" where the Harry impostor was repeatedly referred to by the voice overs as "Harry, Prince of Wales."  Hope Charles wasn't watching.

Well hot shot big time report (said w/sarcasm because he's extremely intelligent and one of the best anchor on tv today), just got promoted yo Chief News Anchor, though David Muir is getting Disney's Worl News Tonight job.

Well hot shot big time report (said w/sarcasm because he's extremely intelligent and one of the best anchor on tv today), just got promoted yo Chief News Anchor, though David Muir is getting Disney's Worl News Tonight job.

ABC News keeps George happy, David Muir from jumping ship and fills a hole left by Barbara Walters.  Very shrewd move on their part.

Michael's speech impediment is really distracting in the voice overs during those pre-taped packages and segments he does.  I don't mind his talking live or when he's speaking with the other hosts, but his voice overs drive me crazy.

Interesting, because up until this moment I wasn't sure he had a speech impediment...but, yeah, I guess he does. I suppose there's degrees of impediments, and you don't get to be a TV personality if you have one that's major. Like junemeatcleaver, I find his live conversations perfectly fine (if not endearing). 

Could it fairly be called an inflection rather than an impairment? This isn't a question about being PC; I was just wondering if this would be a more precise description, but I defer to the sharper ears on this board. :)

I really cannot stand this show, but my SO will turn it on occasionally if CBS reporting starts getting to him. Yesterday, someone said something mildly amusing and some off camera person just laughed hysterically, like it was the funniest thing he ever heard. It happens way too much on this show. They seem to be trying to convince it's one big happy family when from all I've read they barely tolerate each other. I had to get up and grab the remote to change it to something more real--like Ancient Aliens or some such.

• Love 1

I love Zedd and his singer totally ruined his songs!  She just doesn't have the chops and yet he talked her up like she's wonderful. I don't think he was able to clearly hear her poor performance. Okay, now I feel a little better. Just had to get that out somewhere..anywhere.  

This morning was Robin William SOLID…I knew they would open with it but I never thought they would dedicate the whole show to it….I had to turn it.  I liked some of his movies…it certainly is sad that he died. He was very talented.  But ……the whole show?  Naw….a boy was shot the other night causing riots and looting….how bout lets hear an update on that?  How about let’s put the family on and let them tell everyone that breaking in a sportswear store window and getting yourself a brand new pair of $200.00 shoes is not way to honor the memory of their dead son.  How about those Hurricanes?  Flooding?  What’s going on with that cease fire?  No?   Some other comic is really sad about Robin Williams and people who didn’t know him and haven’t thought about him in years are taking stuffed dogs to some bench where he sat and filmed a scene in a movie 20 years ago……..that’s news?

I rant. 

I’m sorry.

• Love 2

Sad to hear about Elizabeth's relapse as I like her very much. Like junemeatcleaver, I wish she was still on GMA as I like her better than Lara for sure, and the more I see of not-so-bright-seeming Amy, better than her, as well. Good for Elizabeth for admitting she still needs help, and here's hoping her rehab "sticks" this time.

With all the crazy weather we've been having, Ginger Zee has been getting a bunch of exposure on World News Tonight. I never noticed her voice before; when she does taped pieces, her narration sounds like it's coming from a 12-year-old girl. She should consult with whoever helped Kathy Ireland tame her helium voice.

Edited by designing1

Tim Tebow to join GMA

Starting Monday, Tim Tebow, the former football star and current SEC Network analyst, will be on the top-rated ABC morning show Good Morning America. He’ll serve as a contributor and will help launch GMA‘s “Motivate Me Monday” series, which focuses on stories of triumph from people across the country.

I didn't know anyone still cared about him.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1

I watched a bit this morning. It seemed to me like there was an awful lot of giggling about one thing or another and then BAM, right in to a serious story. Same in reverse, serious story and then Bam, back to giggling. I turned it off.

I hate the laughing in and out of serious stories, too.  They need to either keep things completely serious until 7:30 or 7:45 or ditch the serious stuff completely and keep GMA light hearted.  With Lara Spencer, Mike Strahan and now Tim Tebow eating up more and more of the show, maybe it's time to totally turn GMA into Entertainment Tonight in the morning.

I also haven't liked the hosts chemistry since Josh and Sam left.  Those two could be annoying, but there's a huge hole in the show without them IMO.

• Love 2

Did anyone see the segment on DWTS this morning that was about the Duck Dynasty dad approving his daughter's wardrobe? There was a technical issue where it sounded like George's mic was still on and you could hear (what I assume was him) complaining about it being presented as "cute and fun" and I also heard him say "why should he care." I hope I wasn't hearing things cause the audio is cleaned up in the video of it on the yahoo site. I wouldn't be surprised if George complains about a lot of the stupid stories GMA covers, most especially the network-mandated overkill promos for DWTS and The Bachelor.

Anyone think George said no to putting on an elaborate costume this year so they gave him a character that required as little effort as possible?  It was like, "Yeah, George doesn't want to dress up, put him in a light colored suit and tie and sunglasses and just say he's George Clooney."

• Love 1

Anyone think George said no to putting on an elaborate costume this year so they gave him a character that required as little effort as possible?  It was like, "Yeah, George doesn't want to dress up, put him in a light colored suit and tie and sunglasses and just say he's George Clooney."

That's what I was thinking as well lol.

Though technically not a host  I'm going to chace posting here about one of the reporters because my head may actually explode.  I have to ask if anyone else is driven insane by Linzie Janis and how she holds her head and body to the side so as to maximize the effect of the hair do framing her face.  I just want to throw things at the teevee.   Just me? 

• Love 1

I can't believe what I just watched. GMA discussed the box office success of FF7 in the context of CGI technology enabling filming to go on after Paul Walker's death. His death was an afterthought to the amazing technology. The point of the segment was that CGI technology could change the future of movies and acting and everyone had a good laugh about the potential for actors to look young forever. Only at the very end did Lara, of all people, have the self-awareness to realize how far off the rails they had gone and did her best to squeeze in a few words pointing out the tragedy of this man's death they were all chuckling over. Un-fucking-believable. 

How old are Lara's kids? She said they love Fall Out Boy's Uma Thurman so I went to give it a listen. Lyrics about the stench of summer sex and the blood of the lamb. I know lyrics go right over kids heads, but still, I doubt this is a song that will show up on Kidz Bop any time soon.

How old are Lara's kids? She said they love Fall Out Boy's Uma Thurman so I went to give it a listen. Lyrics about the stench of summer sex and the blood of the lamb. I know lyrics go right over kids heads, but still, I doubt this is a song that will show up on Kidz Bop any time soon.

I found that their son David ‘Duff’ was born in 2002, and their daughter, Katherine Paige ‘Kate’ was born in 2004.