Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: June 13th - Part Two

Actually in the original series, Alejandro was suspicious of Sylar and never trusted him, Maya on the other hand was all over him and I blamed that on her intense need to find some sort of solution to her problem.

Yup, she couldn't even trust her own brother over a complete stranger.

Granted there are some good things here, but their being overshadowed by the stuff I am not interested in. And by what's horrible. I'm not even liking the villains, and that's a rarity, because I love a villain. If your hero is boring and your villain is boring, then your show is boring. And show... you're boring.

Between the uninteresting evil company villains or the awful evil couple killers, I don't have much to care about.

Wow, what a mix of stupid time travel crap.  Noah had already gone back because Malena and Tommy were already 15.  So now are they saying that there's this constant time-travel loop, because last time Noah went back he didn't try to kill Erica and thus Quentin wasn't on Erica's side?  Or was Quentin always on Erica's side and the whole 'dying' bit and 'Micah' bit play acting (which he did a real good job, I guess)?

And why does Penny guy only steal Noah's memory from Odessa bomb onwards, but he had to steal absolutely everything Tommy learned since he was a child and known at Nathan?  And really, they couldn't calm Nathan/Tommy down about Hiro?  And why did Hiro have to stay anyway?  If Tommy/Nathan can only teleport 2 at most, shoot Hiro out first, then the rest.  I mean talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight, when there's what 4-5 guys with guns?  Really?

And yeah, about that stealing ability and how it stole Claire's and Hiro's, but not Molly's or Penny's (I'll fan-wank Malena's that maybe she didn't manifest yet and tom/nath can only steal 'manifested' powers).  Maybe he can only steal them when they are actively using them? Tom/Nath has to actually be touching the evo when they are actively using their powers.  its the only thing I can come up with.

Who the hell cares about Carlos and we didn't really need invisigirl's back-story, as limited as it was.

Agreed with others that the Luke/wife scenes were awful and I feel so bad for Zach that he gets offered a seemingly cool part in the next Heroes show and its turned out to be so awful.  Also agree that I bet Tom/Nath will end up stealing Luke's power to save the world/defeat Phoebe, which will somehow be considered a redemption for Luke.

Still not seeing how killing thousands of people was needed to "save the world."  Unless there is some machine that only Erica could have/would have developed, that she wouldn't have created but for her evil plan to make batteries out of evos in order to save non-evos, and that the 'good' evos have to use said machine to save the world.  Otherwise, if all it turns out to be is that the 'good evos' defeat Erica/Phoebe, then why the fuck couldn't they have just killed Erica (or otherwise neutralized her) before she got to Phoebe?   Come on Hiro, you could have easily done that.

I really want to like the show, but this writing crap is moving the show down on my priority list.

• Love 4
My quibble - Nathan/Tommy stole Hiro's power, and couldn't touch his sister.  But he could touch Molly to send her away and then penny guy a minute later.

Not sure why this is confusing. As an infant, Tommy couldn't control his power. After years with Hiro as dad, he learned how to. Hence he stole powers as an infant but didn't as a teen. Oh, just saw someone post that. Well, we agree.

I thought this ep tied together many glimpses we have already seen. I have to wave away a few minor details. I'm enjoying the trip back to when Heroes was good.

• Love 2

Not sure why this is confusing. As an infant, Tommy couldn't control his power. After years with Hiro as dad, he learned how to. Hence he stole powers as an infant but didn't as a teen. Oh, just saw someone post that. Well, we agree.

I thought this ep tied together many glimpses we have already seen. I have to wave away a few minor details. I'm enjoying the trip back to when Heroes was good.

They never told us that Tommy/Nathan can control his power, though. That's my issue with the "Can he/can't he steal other Heroes powers when touching them" bit. If they had come right out and had him say, "Oh, Daddy Hiro taught me how to control it! It's okay now!" that would have been one thing. But when they go to see elder!Angela and Malina at the convent, she's very concerned that Tommy/Nathan still can't meet his twin sister because he might steal her power. I'd like to think that if he was in control of it, it wouldn't be an issue and he would have said anything. Instead he just stares at her from behind a bush like the worst undercover agent ever. So I don't know. I imagine that Hiro would be able to help Tommy/Nathan control and refine his stolen teleporting ability but he might not know how to control the power stealing. Even the almighty Peter Petrelli needed help from Claude to control his. 

• Love 3

I imagine that Hiro would be able to help Tommy/Nathan control and refine his stolen teleporting ability but he might not know how to control the power stealing. Even the almighty Peter Petrelli needed help from Claude to control his. 

Yeah, it sounded like Tommy only knew how to control t the teleporting power and how to control that. I'm not sure he even knew he could steal powers.

Yeah, it sounded like Tommy only knew how to control t the teleporting power and how to control that. I'm not sure he even knew he could steal powers.

Now I'm wondering if there are two timelines with Tommy we saw fumbling to figure out his teleporting power and this one with the evil Quentin. I wonder if Penny Man can give back the memories he... wiped ? Seems kind of stupid to erase Hiro's training just to stop him from going back.

Which brings up the issue of why they were so scared of Knockoff Multiple Man in the first place. Tommy could stop time and Hiro could chop them in half... Why were they running away in the first place ?

This show makes no sense. 

• Love 5

Which brings up the issue of why they were so scared of Knockoff Multiple Man in the first place. Tommy could stop time and Hiro could chop them in half... Why were they running away in the first place ?

They could've easily resolved it, but they have to twist themselves to drag it out for 13 episodes.

They could've easily resolved it, but they have to twist themselves to drag it out for 13 episodes.

Just like why would the Evos work for what's her face when they see what kind of severance package she doles out to Evo's that serve their purpose. 

This whole show relies way too heavily on everyone carrying around the Idiot Ball so that they don't do anything remotely reasonable or coherent. 

• Love 6

Just like why would the Evos work for what's her face when they see what kind of severance package she doles out to Evo's that serve their purpose.

This whole show relies way too heavily on everyone carrying around the Idiot Ball so that they don't do anything remotely reasonable or coherent.

The writers make up these characters with powerful abilities yet aren't able to write anything meaningful besides nerfing them until the time runs out with as many plot conveniences as possible.

• Love 1

The writers make up these characters with powerful abilities yet aren't able to write anything meaningful besides nerfing them until the time runs out with as many plot conveniences as possible.

Yeah you have a teenager with control over space and time running away from a guy with a gun... You have an invisible GI Jane running away from a girl with shadow powers instead of just shooting her/ hitting her. 

On the upside at least Frost guy put up a bit of a fight before getting shivved in the neck. 

• Love 2

Yeah you have a teenager with control over space and time running away from a guy with a gun... You have an invisible GI Jane running away from a girl with shadow powers instead of just shooting her/ hitting her. 

On the upside at least Frost guy put up a bit of a fight before getting shivved in the neck. 

Exactly and there's already a pattern of characters running away.

Even though Tommy/Nathan has "stolen" Hiro's power, we've only ever seen him teleport. Unless Hiro taught him how to stop time and we just haven't seen him do that, I don't know if he can. He should be able to since he took the power, but it's Heroes (translates to "Who the hell knows? Because the writers probably don't."). 

• Love 2

Even though Tommy/Nathan has "stolen" Hiro's power, we've only ever seen him teleport. Unless Hiro taught him how to stop time and we just haven't seen him do that, I don't know if he can. He should be able to since he took the power, but it's Heroes (translates to "Who the hell knows? Because the writers probably don't."). 

Well Hiro was lecturing him about the curvature of time... before Tommy sent HRG FORWARD IN TIME... and Tommy was all like "DAD I know how to bend time to my whim already, stop bugging me." 

So I'm guessing he was taught about travelling through time and space. At the very least he could teleport behind all the Harris duplicates and teleport them on top of the Eiffel Tower... to make one very strange dust bunny of doom. Even if somehow Hiro didn't teach his pseudo son about time manipulation. 

• Love 2

Well Hiro was lecturing him about the curvature of time... before Tommy sent HRG FORWARD IN TIME... and Tommy was all like "DAD I know how to bend time to my whim already, stop bugging me." 

So I'm guessing he was taught about travelling through time and space. At the very least he could teleport behind all the Harris duplicates and teleport them on top of the Eiffel Tower... to make one very strange dust bunny of doom. Even if somehow Hiro didn't teach his pseudo son about time manipulation. 

Good point. Unfortunately, until we actually see Tommy/Nathan stop time, it won't matter and chances are the borrowed power he has now won't be what he saves the world with (I still have my money on him taking a dying Luke's power so Luke gets his Moment of Redemption). But yeah, there were so many more solutions to that problem rather than teleporting out and having his memory wiped.

Also, the dust bunny of doom gave me a good "Heh" because every time a Harris Clone gets the Buffy vampire treatment, I wonder about the poor cleaning staff of whatever building they're in having to come in, look at that giant pile of dust all "WHY?! Why do you people do this to me?" and Hoover him up. Props to the invisible cleaning staff in those buildings. That can't be fun. 

I wonder if Hiro drove a blue Nissan Versa when Tommy/Nathan was growing up...

• Love 3

Good point. Unfortunately, until we actually see Tommy/Nathan stop time, it won't matter and chances are the borrowed power he has now won't be what he saves the world with (I still have my money on him taking a dying Luke's power so Luke gets his Moment of Redemption). But yeah, there were so many more solutions to that problem rather than teleporting out and having his memory wiped.

Also, the dust bunny of doom gave me a good "Heh" because every time a Harris Clone gets the Buffy vampire treatment, I wonder about the poor cleaning staff of whatever building they're in having to come in, look at that giant pile of dust all "WHY?! Why do you people do this to me?" and Hoover him up. Props to the invisible cleaning staff in those buildings. That can't be fun. 

I wonder if Hiro drove a blue Nissan Versa when Tommy/Nathan was growing up...

Stopping the Earth or Sun would be Epic which means that we'd probably not get something that interesting actually happening.

Do you think Harris Prime keeps track of how many murdered clones there were... Actually why does his suits die with him ? Of course I'm not thinking Harris could single handedly solve the world's resource issues with his non explained powers of multiplication...

Now I'm picturing the cleaning lady from Family Guy loitering about and saying "No no no..." to some random question posed by our intrepid heroes.

Wait are we supposed to like any of the new generation of Heroes ? I kind of liked Tommy but his transformation from competent badass to memory wiped teen irritates me. 

• Love 4

Because it hasn't been said enough: Making Hiro stay was the stupidest thing ever!!! And yeah, he had 2 swords, to fight 4 guys with guns, how smart... I'd rather they'd just had shot Hiro before Nathan/Tommy could get away (if they had to get rid of Hiro that is) because what they did makes no sense. Plus, they fucked up the timeline. The reason Tommy didn't have any memories before was because Penny guy had erased them. BUT (and this is a big but) Peny guy only erased them after Bennet stepped on the Butterfly! Clone guy found them because of future Bennet (Bennet even said so himself). Soooo, tommy should have had his memories when we first saw him. Not only that,Hiro should have been living with them.

Plus, like many mentioned, not only leaving Hiro behind makes no sense, but why erase ALL his memories?? After the kid had been trained to save the world, he was in complete control of his powers and his destiny and they fucked up 15 years of training with no explanation??? And even if they absolutetly had to erase all of it, why on fucking earth did his mom didn't take time on that entire year to retrain him?? She couldn't even explain hims what his power was all about?? Really writers, REALLY??? Ugh, this makes me so mad! Plus, I really liked this competent Nathan.

And I have said it before and say I'll it again, when they have a time traveler the story will never make much sense. Why didn't past Noah let future Noah kill Ericka? Let's face it, the only rason Bennet created the butterfly is because he didn't get to kill Ericka. With Ericka dead, this whole mess in the future wouldn't even matter. Hell, get to Ericka before the bombings, before she gets Phoebe, before she takes over the Company!!! Why go to the past and not fix anything that matters?? This whole hiding the twins wouldn't be necessary and they could just have peacefully prepare them to save the world whenever they were ready, not when they're freaking teenagers!! There would be no hating on the Evos, no evil company, nothing. Although probably somebody else  who'd also evil would be taking over the company, but because they can time travel, they can always get rid of anyone!

• Love 3

I don't see a thread for spec and, honestly, I kinda feel like an idiot that this just occurred to me 

in Plot-sville are the writers keeping Luke apart from the rest of the plot line because he's the obvious answer to the problem of a ginormous earth killing solar flare?

• Love 1

I don't see a thread for spec and, honestly, I kinda feel like an idiot that this just occurred to me

Maybe, but it wouldn't erase the disappointment his character has been, he would be nothing more than a cheap plot device then.

• Love 3

She just turned killer all of the sudden, the scene was just laughably awful.

It looked like she hit her head on a piece of furniture -- brain damage might explain the personality shift (in as much as she had one before or after)

Nathan's "power-vacuum" exists solely as a plot devise to kill Claire and deactivate Hiro.  Yay.  

Speaking of Hiro, his "too many butterflies" (as well as Angela's "fate is fate") is total crap.I think that saving several thousand people, not to mention avoiding mass extinction) is worth a whole rain forest full of butterflies.  But then we wouldn't get Molly saying "I'll die before telling where the Bennecellis are" and HRG thinking "Ye, you will!"

It always comes down to the Bennecellis and no one else, doesn't it?

I'm glad there's only 5 more episodes of this crap-fest.

• Love 1

It looked like she hit her head on a piece of furniture -- brain damage might explain the personality shift (in as much as she had one before or after)

Yeah and it was meant to be a tragic backstory.

It always comes down to the Bennecellis and no one else, doesn't it?

Yup.

I'm glad there's only 5 more episodes of this crap-fest.

I hope it stays that way because they've already dragged this out so much already.

Just watched the episode.  Now the assassin couple's story totally makes sense.  "I Killed A Guy And I Liked It" was clearly the lady's theme song.

I still found this episode to be better, since the cameos were still in high supply and some of the stuff from the past was explained.  The Matt cameo was not satisfying.  What was every original hero working for Erica?  

It was hella frustrating though to have a time travel plot where basically everything happens the same.  I still hope that Molly might still be alive.

I was super annoyed that Quintin is now a mole.  They couldn't resist giving Erica a heads-up yet again, eh?  And it was just dumb to erase the teenage boy's entire memory after he had prepared his whole life to save the world.

Edited by Camera One