Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Now - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Episode synopsis: Following a number of setbacks, the mood in Alexandria grows grim for the sheltered citizens.

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for S06.E05: Now.

Once the episode airs, head on over to this link --> S06.E05: Now to continue the discussion, as this thread closes at 10 pm.

Remember:

• Post No Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise)
  • Respect Each Other
  • Always Be Civil
  • Enjoy Yourselves!

I wonder if Sasha and Abe will get to do anything but ride around?   Them and Daryl haven't done anything.   I bet Rick will be happy when he gets back and find out there are less Alexandrians.  And what happened to the rest that were out in the herd round up?  Tobin is one I can remember.

• Love 3

Are we finally back to the "here and now?"

I get tired of the characters being so split up, so here's hoping the story lines come back together, and FPP dies in the process.

It made me think of those cell service commercials, Can you hear me now? 

Except with this show, it's Do you hate me now?  How about now?

• Love 7

I wonder if Sasha and Abe will get to do anything but ride around?   Them and Daryl haven't done anything.   I bet Rick will be happy when he gets back and find out there are less Alexandrians.  And what happened to the rest that were out in the herd round up?  Tobin is one I can remember.

I know this will sound horrible, but I could see that line of thinking.  (Usually) more people means more hands to fight back and serve purposes...... but with the vast majority of the ASZians, its more "worthless" people to protect and mouths to feed.  Not saying Rick really does look at it like that or believes that, but it wouldn't be hard to understand, considering how his life [& CDB's] has unfolded after the last 15 months to 2 years.

• Love 5

And honestly I'm with Rick on this one. The ZA is well established in the show universe. No one should be unprepared for zombie encounters. No one should be casual about locking up gates or keeping watch. Everyone should be capable of some self defence. Everyone should be able to contribute something, even kids. Jessie's two should be taking a turn on watch instead of roaming around with A stamps and/or a snarky attitude. The lack of common sense, vigilance and so on makes me nuts.

• Love 12

Agree. Even if one is sheltered behind walls and most walkers are trapped in a roach motel for walkers, it beggars belief they wouldn't be practising self defence training 24/7 --they know the world's gone to hell, hence why they can't leave whenever they want to go to Starbucks.

• Love 4

Agree. Even if one is sheltered behind walls and most walkers are trapped in a roach motel for walkers, it beggars belief they wouldn't be practising self defence training 24/7 --they know the world's gone to hell, hence why they can't leave whenever they want to go to Starbucks.

They had it plenty bad, though. No fresh pasta and some canned food so bad they had to turn their nose up at them. The horror.

Edited by morgankobi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I wonder if Sasha and Abe will get to do anything but ride around? Them and Daryl haven't done anything. I bet Rick will be happy when he gets back and find out there are less Alexandrians. And what happened to the rest that were out in the herd round up? Tobin is one I can remember.

Tobin is in the preview gathering up dead Alexandrians I think.

• Love 2

with the vast majority of the ASZians, its more "worthless" people to protect and mouths to feed. Not saying Rick really does look at it like that or believes that, but it wouldn't be hard to understand

Rick might not look at it like that, but Carol probably does

• Love 1

Unfortunately it seems this half season is following suit of the last few where there is only focus on a small portion of the cast per episode. Which I thought they had learned from that, but apparently not. It seems like we'll only stay with Alexandria next episode, probably Daryl/Sasha/Abe the one after. I'd assume (spoilered out because I can't recall if previews are spoilers?)

Maggie/Aaron after that (since it seems they're headed out of Alexandria in search of Glenn from the preview)

. Which leads us into the mid season finale in which THE SLOWEST HERD ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET may finally reach Alexandria despite all the noise and passage of time. If the entire half season only takes place over a day, dear lord. 

• Love 8

This reminded me of something slightly off topic but still somewhat relevant. When they showed Carol practicing a csection on a walker, I thought that was a great idea. Then I thought to myself, hey, these people have nothing but frickin time on their hands, and a bajillion cadavers, why not do something useful? Like, everyone go out to the yard, get a walker, today we're going to learn how to set a broken bone, or stitch up a cut. Same thing goes for using knives, guns or anything they can get their hands on. Instead of making owls out of garbage, maybe Jessie should have taught her sons how to not get killed by zombies.

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 11

This reminded me of something slightly off topic but still somewhat relevant. When they showed Carol practicing a csection on a walker, I thought that was a great idea. Then I thought to myself, hey, these people have nothing but frickin time on their hands, and a bajillion cadavers, why not do something useful? Like, everyone go out to the yard, get a walker, today we're going to learn how to set a broken bone, or stitch up a cut. Same thing goes for using knives, guns or anything they can get their hands on. Instead of making owls out of garbage, maybe Jessie should have taught her sons how to not get killed by zombies.

Well, going by the previews for this episode tomorrow night, it seems she might be (finally) taking your advice.

• Love 1

They're actually off to a good start. Ron can run faster than a car, and Sam knows Carol.

Sam knowing Carol is probably the best thing for him. She doesn't want to let him in, because I think she still has a very "us vs. them" mentality, but he's worming his way into her heart, and I think she would do some damage for him.

Ron may be able to run, but he seems like the kind of guy that will meet his demise tripping over nothing.

• Love 2

If the entire half season only takes place over a day, dear lord. 

I guess this is how you solve the zombie problem of "they'd all be rotted away by now."  Each season can be one day.  Which could be a problem for Carl, who will be growing at the rate of kudzu.

• Love 8

If this half season is spent on examining one event - The Ricktator's March to the Interstate.  I am fine with that.  It is a major battle in the War of the Zombies and needs to be looked at from all sides on all the ways it went wrong.  

A major tactical error was relying on the allure of Daryl and his motorcycle to keep miles of Zombies in line. 

• Love 6

I guess this is how you solve the zombie problem of "they'd all be rotted away by now."  Each season can be one day.  Which could be a problem for Carl, who will be growing at the rate of kudzu.

Uh oh peach you mentioned kudzu.  Kudzu!  Where the hell is all the KUDZU?!  That is all.

• Love 4

If the entire half season only takes place over a day, dear lord. 

That reminds me of something I've been thinking about and this post might be too meta for this thread but here goes. I wonder if the producers/writers/showrunners have it in them to do an episode that is flat out comedy without breaking the established show universe. I mean many times things have happened in episodes that were funny (both deliberately -Maggie putting eggs in Glenn's hat for instance and not deliberately -"stuff" and "thangs" yall). I know they could never in a million million years get away with a musical episode but if they could pull off a deliberately comedic episode I think that would be awesome.

• Love 4

Personally I am living in fear of hearing that dreaded phrase which usually accompanies shows this time of year. "Join us for a very special Walking Dead Christmas!" Maggie and Glenn reenacts the Gift of the Maggi. Judith does her best Miracle on 34th. street. While Carol is reenacting the Grinch that stole Christmas in the middle of Daryl's Scrooge with Beth, Meryl,  and Tyreese playing the ghosts. 

As Rick does his version of It's A wonderful Life. Of course in Rick's version we will get to see how many more people are alive in the universe if he had just died in that hospital room. Of course we already know what would become of Andrea and Lori. Their need for antibiotics will be insane.

• Love 4

As Rick does his version of It's A wonderful Life. Of course in Rick's version we will get to see how many more people are alive in the universe if he had just died in that hospital room.

With Special Guest Star Scott Wilson as Clarence.

• Love 3

That reminds me of something I've been thinking about and this post might be too meta for this thread but here goes. I wonder if the producers/writers/showrunners have it in them to do an episode that is flat out comedy without breaking the established show universe. I mean many times things have happened in episodes that were funny (both deliberately -Maggie putting eggs in Glenn's hat for instance and not deliberately -"stuff" and "thangs" yall). I know they could never in a million million years get away with a musical episode but if they could pull off a deliberately comedic episode I think that would be awesome.

Wait, "Slabtown" wasn't supposed to be funny?

• Love 6

Or he'll finally kiss Enid and get salmonella.

Can she come back this week?

Ugh, please no more Enid! Sorry but she's the catalyst for all kinds on angsty teen drama. If I wanted to watch a teenage love triangle, I'd put on Twilight.

I'll forgive everything that happened last week if Ron aka Porchdick Jr dies in tonight's episode.

That would be one of the better scenarios. And then Carol looks at Sam and tells him to get ovet it.

Where is everybody? Anyone else having trouble getting Previously.TV forums to load?? Or maybe it's just my provider??

Yeah, I've been trying to get on for like an hour and it just started working.

• Love 2

So what are the biggies this week?

What will happen with Rick's hand?

What happened to Glenn? 

Now that all the zombies have wandered off into the woods, will Abraham and Sasha get bored and have sex?

How many seconds will it take for FPP to let Wolfie out of the cage and give both guns to him?

And, have the ASZhats actually yet heard about herd?

Because, as you may have heard, the herd is the word.

Yay! It's now!

• Love 1