Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Chapter Twenty-Six

No. They met when he was an uniform cop and he went to Jane's house for some reason that I don't remember. He knows Jane stuff because they dated for years and she told him. One of the pluses on the "Michael" column is that he knows Jane so well.

It was a noise complaint as Jane was getting her first legal drunk on during her 21st birthday party

• Love 1

#TeamSingle all the way

Especially because I think she's gravitating to Michael right now because it's easy. In a few months when she's calmed down and she and Rafael have ironed out thier custody arrangements, she'll switch back. It's why I was hoping the show would leave the triangle alone for a few episodes.

Other than that - bunny kidnapping! Hah!

(edited)

The absolute best thing about this entire episode was Rogelio's amazing dressing room with the giant carpet of his face and the multicolored paintings on the wall. I also loved the little marionette of him in his lavender jacket. Seriously, best dressing room ever!

This episode was a good depiction of what it's like for new moms and their old friends adjusting to the new status of their friendship and time together. I can see why Lina felt slighted even before the birthday party fiasco. She was clearly making an effort to accommodate Jane's schedule so that they could spend time together but even at the mommy exercise class at the playground, Jane was clearly not focused on what Lina was saying so I understand why Lina was frustrated.

I know Mateo is only three weeks old and he is Jane's whole world right now, but that's why I think it would be better for Jane to let someone babysit (even if only for 30 minutes) so that she can spend some time with Lina without the baby and have an actual conversation. Not only will Lina get a Jane who isn't distracted every time Mateo coos or sighs or makes any sort of noise, but it will be good for Jane to get out of the house and have some non-mommy time. I mean, I totally get Jane being hyperfocused on Mateo but it just felt like Lina was making more of an effort and feeling ignored - and that was before Jane completely forgot about her birthday. I'm glad they worked it out and were able to get past it though because I love their friendship and I love Jane having people in her life besides Xo, Alba, Rogelio, Michael, and Rafael.

Similarly, I see both sides of Jane and Rafael wanting to spend time with Mateo. I know that Jane is Mateo's mom but she really needs to learn to let go and give Rafael a chance to be a dad, not just someone who comes by her house to visit Mateo. She is the primary caregiver because she has been choosing that role, which I think stems from her very orderly OCD personality. The fact that Rafael's first time taking Mateo back to the hotel by himself didn't happen until now shows me that she has been expecting Rafael to come to her house when he wants to see his kid. Hopefully now that he's taken Mateo back to his place, Jane will begin to see that as acceptable and normal (especially since she is now attending her summer school class).

My favorite thing about Jane's drunken Gatsby paper was "DiCapriesque."

Petra's pulled way too many crazy shenanigans for me to want them to get back together, but every time I see a flashback with them I want to see more. And I'd love more fun moments like his relatively gentle exhortations to give up the idea of the two of them.

ITA - there is way too much water under the bridge for them to ever fully trust each other and be involved romantically, but I like that instead of making her an evil one-dimensional villain who is standing in the way of Jane and Rafael, we get to see glimpses of the relationship they used to have so that we can understand why they were together in the first place. Too often, one point of the triangle is a total caricature which makes it easy for us to root for the other two to get together and Petra was pretty crazy in the first season. But it's nice to see the flashbacks as well as some of the current scenes that show the good parts of their relationship and rapport too.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1