Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Chapter Twenty-Six

Rafael shocks Jane when he asks for joint custody. Meanwhile, Jane forgets to plan Lina's birthday because she's struggling to balance everything in her life; Rogelio's ex-wife blackmails him in order to get a role; and Michael is assigned a new partner.

Hmm, I had thought they already had joint custody? 

So how are they going to go back on Michael being the one? Michael's death, maybe? Michael in prison? Obviously they aren't letting go of the love triangle(I wish! This one was literally back and forth).

Edited by XtremeOne1

They need to letterbox this show!  I'm tired of watching scenery with an occasional person in it.

Loved the besties-bonding with Jane and Lina!

Edited by elle

Of her life tho? I would like Jane to be with Rafael but if she loves Michael more she needs to say so. So that everyone can move on. She was so insistent on telling Michael about her kiss with Radael, I only hope that Rafael is afforded the same courtesy.

I also kind if wanted to punch her when she wrote that "list" when Rafael wanted to spend some one on one time with Mateo.

I'm glad Petra is moving on, it's too bad about Milos returning.

I'm so so disappointed that she chose Michael.

Oh she told Xiomara that Michael had given her the kiss of her life not realizing that the baby monitor was in the living room where Rafael was sleeping. She seemingly made sure that Rafael didn't hear anything but when she left the room his eyes opened.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 1

Obviously they aren't letting go of the love triangle(I wish! This one was literally back and forth).

The love triangle is my least favorite aspect of this show. I'd really wish they'd just make a decision and move on. There are plenty of other telenovela elements they can continue to use and play with. It's particularly frustrating because all I can think of while watching is "it's way too early for her to be making a decision" or "obviously, they're playing up her relationship with Michael now, and Rafael will get his turn in a few episodes." I never feel like the love triangle elements are real. They're just machinations to keep the triangle going.

Rogelio being a Scientologist is better than anything I could've come up with. And #Whatsondisc142partC???

• Love 8

So if Rafael overheard the monitor with the "Michael's the one" does that mean he also overheard Michael's confession the first time too? 

I totally love Jane going out and becoming herself again at the club. The snow kiss with Michael was also perfect and I agree he's the one.

The friend and losing that connection after the baby is born was so realistic and true to real life, really likes how they incorporated it and had them over come it. 

I hope Petra moves on too and finds someone great too.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

So if Rafael overheard the monitor with the "Michael's the one" does that mean he also overheard Michael's confession the first time too? 

That's what I'm assuming as well. But man, I feel bad for Rafael. Overhearing Jane describe her amazing kiss with Michael through the baby monitor is brutal... especially since he kissed her first and got a cryptic emoji as a response.

Xo's bunny emojis to Rogelio to indicate that she had Luciana's rabbits was hilarious. I'm dying to know Rogelio's secret.

It's nice that they added some depth to Jane's friendship with Lina. Jane's so close with her family and so busy juggling her men that it's easy to forget that she has friends too. So much has happened that I've almost forgotten that they all worked together at Rafael's hotel. I guess Lina isn't dating Michael's shady brother anymore. Also, whatever happened to Michael's shady brother?

• Love 2

I have to say that although I do think they're definitely focusing more on Jane/Michael this season, it doesn't feel entirely balanced. I can tell that the writers (or at least the showrunners) prefer Jane/Rafael. For every Michael/Jane scene they've given us, they've also given us at least a partial Jane/Rafael scene. I guess I just think back to last season, when after Jane/Michael broke up, Jane seemed to forget about their relationship for several episodes (besides the one or two rare scenes placed in different episodes). Even this episode, Jane was still drunk/intoxicated when her and Michael kissed, and I'll admit that I don't like Michael when he's being smug toward Rafael. He is a good guy, though. He didn't have to bring up Petra; he could have played dumb and stayed out of it, but he did tell Jane. 

Anyway, this episode made me change my mind: I'm on Team Single. Jane needs to figure out her situation with custody, and she needs to figure out how to balance her life with Mateo in the picture. I feel bad for Rafael; I'm not sure if he heard the first confession, but he definitely heard the second one and that has to hurt. But I also feel bad for Michael, mostly because the writers seem hellbent on Jane/Rafael and Michael will most likely have to die by the final season for them to happen. I like both couples, but I really do prefer Michael. 

Luisa does crack me up; at least we keep getting little snippets of Bridget Reagan. Personally, I wish that Rose kept her face the same so we can have her actress around, but I'm guessing that won't happen.

I'm wondering about Rogelio's secret, but I imagine that unless it's that he killed someone, that it will only temporarily splinter his and Xo's relationship. 

I love Lina and love her and Jane as best friends. Their situation right now seems so realistic.

I also want some more Petra; but now she's stuck with Milos as a potential husband. 

• Love 2

I guess Lina isn't dating Michael's shady brother anymore. Also, whatever happened to Michael's shady brother?

I completely forgot he existed.  What did happen to him?

I can't wait to hear Rogelio's secret, whatever it may be.  Also, he has so many recordings, this could be a running gag for several seasons.

I love when Jane and Lina did their school performance and most of the adults were horrified, Xo was totally into it.  She is Jane's #1 fan.

• Love 5

I think that Rafael heard both monitor confessions and will use the info on Michael's ex-partner to blackmail Jane into staying with him. It is the kind of thing that would happen on a soap opera. Also, it would be a way to maintain Jane's virginal state for a whole longer. If she's forced to stay with Rafael for the wrong reasons she won't be having sex with either man.

I love Michael's new partner, "can we just rewind for a moment?" And I wish Luisa would go to the Alps and stay there.

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1

I think that Rafael heard both monitor confessions and will use the info on Michael's ex-partner to blackmail Jane into staying with him. It is the kind of thing that would happen on a soap opera. Also, it would be a way to maintain Jane's virginal state for a whole longer. If she's forced to stay with Rafael for the wrong reasons she won't be having sex with either man.

I'm not convinced that Rafael heard Michael's confession. I think it was more likely a setup to lure us into a false sense of security that he didn't hear Jane talking about her kiss with Michael. But even if it's revealed that he did hear, I don't think there's a chance in hell he uses it to blackmail Jane. The show has taken great pains to show both Michael and Rafael are good people. Blackmailing Jane would be way over the line.

Now, if Rafael did hear and he tells Petra about it? She would totally blackmail Jane or Michael.

I completely forgot he existed.  What did happen to him?

He disappeared midway through season one. I don't think they ever said what happened to him. The same thing happened to Milos basically, once he bought the hotel for Petra. He just went away and wasn't mentioned again (maybe once in passing). I can see the Michael's brother popping up unexpectedly like Milos. Maybe the cops will use him against Michael in some way during this investigation.

• Love 2

I imagine the focus on Michael/Jane this season has to do with the fact that it will complicate things a lot. I can already see the custody problems that could arise now that Rafael is gonna be hurt. I like Jane and Michael a lot, they've really done a good job at redeeming him after the shadiness of the beginning of last season. I don't really know who Jane will end up with, anymore.

I felt bad for Petra. She's on the more villainous side of the show, but she just can't catch a break, even when she's decided to do her own thing. Not looking forward to the Milos plot.

The SR plot keeps feeling pasted onto the show.

As expected, the videos Luciana was using to blackmail Rogelio were so random that there is no way we could have predicted THAT. I fear that what's in the video Luciana mentioned will be about Xiomara and fatherhood or something. She did tell him she was pregnant when they were teens, no?

I don't have children, but I imagine all the "new mom" stuff Jane keeps going on about is very recognizable to women who have children, so that's a nice touch. Shows tend to ignore these stuff altogether.

• Love 1

I think that Rafael heard both monitor confessions and will use the info on Michael's ex-partner to blackmail Jane into staying with him.

I'm torn about the first confession.  I'm not sure whether or not he heard it. I do not think, if he did, that he'll blackmail Jane.  That's a Petra type move. I don't think they want to take Rafael there.

However, the description for next week says

Michael's feud with Rafael lands him in hot water at work.  So the worst Rafael does is tell Michael's boss if he overheard what Michael said.   Or at least we're to be convinced it's Rafael who turns him in when it might be his new partner.

I love Michael's new partner, "can we just rewind for a moment?"

Love her too.  Really hated how dismissive Michael was being.  There's taking a while to warm up to one's new partner and being a dismissive jerk and that's what he was in the interrogation scene.

And I wish Luisa would go to the Alps and stay there.

I like Luisa but I prefer her when she has more normal moments like she did last season when she told Raf that he was wrong to break up with Jane.  So I wish she'd get a few more of those. 

I don't like how easy Raf was being on Petra.  So far the whole insemination thing is "well that's a bummer but let's look on the bright side." 

• Love 2

Xo's bunny emojis to Rogelio to indicate that she had Luciana's rabbits was hilarious. I'm dying to know Rogelio's secret.

I'm guessing it's some sort of confession about his teenaged relationship with Xiomara and/or when she told him about the pregnancy.

This show has so many narrative threads and characters that it sometimes feels like they've dropped one here or there, but they always pop up again; I had been wondering if Milos was just some overly-complicated way of giving Petra partial ownership of the hotel, since it had been quite a while since we last saw him, but no, here he is again.

I didn't see the guest star list, and can't seem to find one online yet. Who is the actress that played Michael's new partner? I know her from somewhere, and it's driving me crazy.

That's Megan Ketch; she was most recently a midwife on four episodes of Under The Dome in its last season, but she's also the ex-wife of Neil the ChumHum guy on The Good Wife and has recurred on Blue Bloods in the past as well.

• Love 1

I love that Jane is a nerd and when she relaxes, what she really wants to do is write her paper for school.

I am resigned to the love triangle. No chance they'll just form a threesome and get on with life?

Love Michael's new partner, but worry that she will turn against him. She seems to be there to investigate, not only the cases he's investigating, but also Michael himself. And honestly, he kind of deserves it. But I dread seeing him get caught because the show is more fun when it's fun than when it's doing the angst.

I'm glad they haven't dropped the idea that Jane has friends. I find the actress who plays Lina to be off-putting in all her roles, but I think it's not the writing, it's just the affectations of the actress. I liked her, once I filtered that stuff out.

Xo loving the forbidden school performance was awesome. I love Xo.

Rogelio's scientologist past was a great twist. I had imagined a lot of possibilties for what he was covering up, and that was not on my list. And now they get to insult scientology while teasing us with whatever his confessions actually are. I can't decide if I want it to be something funny or serious.

• Love 2

I also kind if wanted to punch her when she wrote that "list" when Rafael wanted to spend some one on one time with Mateo.

I actually understood the list.  Rafael hasn't been Mateo's primary care giver yet.  He doesn't know his schedule.  When it comes to babies (and toddlers and even school-age children) schedules are VERY important.  One mess up of nap time and you're paying for it for the rest of the day!  Also, he obviously didn't know about how long breast milk could be out, etc.  Of course, in typical Jane fashion she obviously went overboard.  What should've been about a half-page list was a multiple page list.  But, as a new mom I had to make many of these lists for people who didn't know all that information.

I hate the love triangle too.  I can see great qualities and obnoxious qualities in both guys but I agree that there's so many other ways the telenovela elements can be explored and played with.  

I loved the conversation between Rogelio and the grandmother when she was comparing Scientology with Catholicism.  I never saw the parallels before, even though they are obviously very, very different.   

Loved the bunny caper!

• Love 2

I guess Lina isn't dating Michael's shady brother anymore. Also, whatever happened to Michael's shady brother?

What happened to Michael's ex-girlfriend, the one who just happened to be in Jane's writing group (with Jane Seymour)?

• Love 1

I don't know if I liked this episode. Ok, I liked it, just not as much as others. Despite my being on TeamRafael, the kiss between Jane and Michael and her admission to her mother that she is sure Michael is it didn't bother me. I just felt like this episode was big time filler for what's to come. And rather than make me really excited, it bored me a little, which is a first with this show!

There were still some gold moments in this episode. Luisa's interrogation was funny. I LOVE Petra and Michael as a duo for some reason. So their interaction was awesome. And Rogelio being a scientologist. LOL That was awesome!

I was wondering when Milos was going to reappear. I wonder what he wants this time. Does it have to do with the purchase of the neighbouring piece of land Lochlan got last time?

Xo and Ro bored me this time, which, again, is a first. I love, love, love Rogelio, but this plot with his ex really doesn't interest me for some reason. 

The yodeller stuff was really funny. And of course Michael's new partner is there to investigate him.

The moment I enjoyed the most during this episode was Jane breaking down when she let Rafael take care of Matteo. I felt like this was very well played by Gina, and really resonated with me. It is not an easy task to balance being a mom and having your kid being the center of your universe with the rest of your life. I felt like Rafael understood Jane and why she was acting the way she was. But I felt so very bad for him at the end of the episode. The look on his face once Jane was out of the living room was what got me the most excited for what's to come next (that and Rogelio scientology past). I only hope that Rafael is not going to resort to some "gangster" like behaviour reminiscent of his past, and that he's not going to fall into Petra's arms.

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 4

I'm not convinced that Rafael heard Michael's confession. I think it was more likely a setup to lure us into a false sense of security that he didn't hear Jane talking about her kiss with Michael. But even if it's revealed that he did hear, I don't think there's a chance in hell he uses it to blackmail Jane. The show has taken great pains to show both Michael and Rafael are good people. Blackmailing Jane would be way over the line.

Now, if Rafael did hear and he tells Petra about it? She would totally blackmail Jane or Michael.

I hope they don't go there with Rafael. I agree with you about the writers showing Rafael and Michael as good guys. The Petra angle is interesting tho...

I actually understood the list. Rafael hasn't been Mateo's primary care giver yet. He doesn't know his schedule. When it comes to babies (and toddlers and even school-age children) schedules are VERY important. One mess up of nap time and you're paying for it for the rest of the day! Also, he obviously didn't know about how long breast milk could be out, etc. Of course, in typical Jane fashion she obviously went overboard. What should've been about a half-page list was a multiple page list. But, as a new mom I had to make many of these lists for people who didn't know all that information.

Exactly. The list was responsible and necessary. Mateo is a newborn. You don't just hang out and wing it. Rafael was the asshole here. He wants joint custody but doesn't want to know what that will entail, and how to do it effectively? I think Jane should take his rude dismissiveness of her seriously.

• Love 5

Exactly. The list was responsible and necessary. Mateo is a newborn. You don't just hang out and wing it. Rafael was the asshole here. He wants joint custody but doesn't want to know what that will entail, and how to do it effectively? I think Jane should take his rude dismissiveness of her seriously.

I too understood the list, and it is right in line with Jane's character. However I disagree with you about Rafael. He's wanted to be a dad for a very long time, and now that it's there, he wants to be a part of it. Not just visiting his son, but being part of his life. And that entails making the decisions for Mateo, too. He's the dad, he has the right to decision making when it comes to Matteo, and should exerce that right, in my opinion.

• Love 5

I really like Michael. He has great chemistry with Jane, with Rogelio, with Petra, and his new partner. He is clearly written to be a great guy and probably a great dad. But there's one problem. His kiss with Jane? Felt fake and forced. The two actors have interpersonal chemistry, but when they kiss, it's like a bad first date. 

But I can't root for Rafael either. I think Jane would be happiest with neither of them. Let her explore her way into adulthood, and eventually settle down with someone in her 30s. Jane would make a fun single girl, but she comes across as a woman who needs a guy at all times.

I *love* Ro's secret being that he is a scientologist, and can't wait to see what the tapes reveal. Something tells me it's about Xo, and it will cause a new rift in their relationship.

• Love 6

I think it's the false sense of security too...but what could happen is Rafael did hear and he and Michael maybe have a talk and he kind of threatens Michael with it(more of an empty threat, more of like "Oh like you letting our old partner go") type of thing, something he meant to be harmless and more of a macho show...but someone will hear and that will hurt Michael and Jane will blame Rafael. 

But I honestly think by mid-season Jane will say, "I"m just going to be single for a bit..." at least I hope so! And I mean really single not love triangle single. 

I have to also say, the reason again I'm more Team Michael is because of the acting. Brett's "I'm devastated and hurting" face is a lot better than Justin's...like A LOT. I did think Justin did great in his scene with Petra, the "Again, not me..." was perfectly timed.

And yeah, I'm not sure how Jane was in the wrong about the list. The baby is only three weeks old!!

Edited by XtremeOne1
  • Love 1

I don't see how he's the asshole. Rafael is the father; he barely sees Mateo and only gets to be with him when Jane's around. or if he's at her house. Of course he doesn't know Mateo's schedule; he isn't around Mateo 24/7 like Jane gets to be. They have to figure out a system so of course Rafael is well within his rights to figure it out through joint custody. The list is a good idea, of course, and Rafael probably should have consulted it more. But he's certainly not an asshole for wanting to spend time with his own son and to figure out his own method of taking care of him. He's a new dad, just like Jane's a new mom, and I was happy to see Rafael get some one-on-one time with Mateo for once. I just really want more scenes of that happening. 

Also, I forgot to say this in my original post: I loved the Petra/Rafael scene. I do think Justin Baldoni might have played it a bit too....quirky, but the overall message with him being thrilled for her pregnancy after their difficulties in the past was heartwarming. I do think that they need to wait a bit until rejoicing, but I appreciated that they both realized what a blessing it is for Petra to be pregnant. 

• Love 6
I did think Justin did great in his scene with Petra, the "Again, not me..." was perfectly timed.

Honestly, I think Baldoni (who I agree is a weaker actor than Dier and IMO the weakest actor on the show) has better chemistry with Yael Grobglas than Gina Rodriguez. Which is crazy, because Rodriguez has insane chemistry with pretty much everyone, including Baldoni! But whenever Petra and Rafael interact on relatively even keel, they're charming as fuck. That scene when they were trying to figure out if the cupcake was telling them they were having a boy or a girl was ridiculously cute. So was their season 1 scene on the beach with Petra knitting a Frisbee hat.

Don't get me wrong. Petra's pulled way too many crazy shenanigans for me to want them to get back together, but every time I see a flashback with them I want to see more. And I'd love more fun moments like his relatively gentle exhortations to give up the idea of the two of them.

Edited by Gin and Tonic
  • Love 5

Rafael being too busy to attend birthing classes with her, I think adds to Jane's anxiety about leaving Mateo alone with him. He's stepped up his game a little since then, by taking Michael's advice and reading a book about baby care, but we really haven't been shown that Rafael is prepared in any way other than financially and with good intentions, to care for a newborn on his own. And unlike Jane he has no one in his family or social circle he can trust whatsoever, on this or any other subject, if he needs advice. I think joint custody is 100% reasonable for him to want, but I don't think that means Jane's wrong to give him the list or be stressed about leaving the baby with him for the first time, and I don't think it means he doesn't have to show he's trustworthy and competent and not overly distracted by the rest of the drama in his life, before he gets to take the kid 50% of the time.

• Love 5

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Jane's been learning what works for Mateo and building a schedule around it since his birth. Rafael has done it alone never. She is trying to give him what he wants, re: equal time, and he can't give her the consideration that maybe she knows what she's doing with the baby and wants to keep it going smoothly? I want him in the baby's life, but not with Jane. I hope Michael is the endgame.

• Love 3

(raises hand here) Never had kids of my own so when my hubs and I went to weekend babysit my cousin's 2 boys (6 months and 3 years) I was SO DAMN THANKFUL that she is a project manager and had (like Jane) 3 pages of notes. I lived and died by them. But, I'm older and not so prideful as Rafael so there's that. :)

And I got caught on the baby monitor having a wee breakdown when the baby wouldn't stay asleep that my husband heard on the downstairs monitor. That was humbling. LOL Who knew you could hear everything? After all, I was huddled under the crib crying silently! (or so I thought!)

Cute filler episode and love Jane and Lina's relationship. And Rogelio into Scientology? LOL LOL It's so him, isn't it? And is it sad that I knew exactly what they were talking about re: auditing and OT III?

• Love 4

I don't blame Jane for being apprehensive or trying to be prepared with instruction for any eventuality but the way she goes about it is most of the time so extra.

I would have preferred if she had talked to Rafael and maybe included and/or kept him abreast of Mateo's daily routine. I think he reacted the way he did is because she doesn't do that. She treats his wanting to be a father as an inconvenience sometimes.

I'm glad she admitted to how stressed she is and I'm also glad she decided to let him be with Mateo one on one.

• Love 1

Of course Rogelio would have had a scientology phase. It was the trendy thing!

I love getting more of Jane and Lina. Their dance when they were little was adorable (with Xo looking proud, and Abuela doing the sign of the cross!) and I liked seeing how it can be hard to keep up with friends while having a baby. I love Lina`s actress on Orange is the New Black, so I was glad to see more of her.

Man, even the narrator is getting confused with all the subplots. 

• Love 2

Do they really have to make Luisa so ditzy? She's a doctor, yet she is an ex addict who is mentally unhinged and still in love with her ex who killed her father. Yikes.

Jane and Lena seemed very realistic- having kids alienates you from he friends with no kids since you can't hang out enough, but then it's funny to watch them handling being a first time parent and being way more neurotic than you.

Speaking of neurotic, I'm not surprised that Jane had a list but some of it was ridiculous.

Jane and Michael are so cute, but if they kill him off I'm done with this show. Let her make a decision and stay with it. I really liked Raf and Petra in their flashback scenes, but don't know if I want them together just yet.

And yeah, I'm not sure how Jane was in the wrong about the list. The baby is only three weeks old!!

Can neither be wrong about their reactions to that list?  I get why Jane would want to give Rafael a list.  She is Mateo's primary caretaker.  But I can also see why Rafael would be insulted by it. Rafael has spent a lot of time with Jane and Mateo at Jane's house.  In the first or second episode, Rafael remarked that Jane was avoiding dairy/cheese because when it gets passed to Mateo through breast milk, it makes him gassy.  That's a pretty specific detail.  He probably feels he has picked up quite a bit spending all that time with them.  Not everything but certainly enough to take care of him for a few hours.  What's the worst that could happen?  He has to deal with the consequences of a fussy baby because of a disrupted routine?  He lives and he learns as all parents do.

Whenever Rafael has spent time with Mateo, there has been the undercurrent that it's happening because Jane is giving her permission rather than it being about his rights as a parent.  This was Rafael's chance to take some ownership of his role as a father and getting that list likely felt like Jane was telling him what he was permitted to do while spending time with his son. 

Like I said, I get both points of view.  But if Mateo was the primary concern, isn't whatever happened to the list irrelevant once Jane  saw that Mateo was just fine?  Rafael had managed not to upset him too much, kill him or lose him.   

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8

I have to say that although I do think they're definitely focusing more on Jane/Michael this season, it doesn't feel entirely balanced. I can tell that the writers (or at least the showrunners) prefer Jane/Rafael. For every Michael/Jane scene they've given us, they've also given us at least a partial Jane/Rafael scene. I guess I just think back to last season, when after Jane/Michael broke up, Jane seemed to forget about their relationship for several episodes (besides the one or two rare scenes placed in different episodes). Even this episode, Jane was still drunk/intoxicated when her and Michael kissed, and I'll admit that I don't like Michael when he's being smug toward Rafael. He is a good guy, though. He didn't have to bring up Petra; he could have played dumb and stayed out of it, but he did tell Jane. 

Anyway, this episode made me change my mind: I'm on Team Single. Jane needs to figure out her situation with custody, and she needs to figure out how to balance her life with Mateo in the picture. I feel bad for Rafael; I'm not sure if he heard the first confession, but he definitely heard the second one and that has to hurt. But I also feel bad for Michael, mostly because the writers seem hellbent on Jane/Rafael and Michael will most likely have to die by the final season for them to happen. I like both couples, but I really do prefer Michael.

I imagine the focus on Michael/Jane this season has to do with the fact that it will complicate things a lot. I can already see the custody problems that could arise now that Rafael is gonna be hurt. I like Jane and Michael a lot, they've really done a good job at redeeming him after the shadiness of the beginning of last season. I don't really know who Jane will end up with, anymore.

I don't know if I liked this episode. Ok, I liked it, just not as much as others. Despite my being on TeamRafael, the kiss between Jane and Michael and her admission to her mother that she is sure Michael is it didn't bother me. I just felt like this episode was big time filler for what's to come. And rather than make me really excited, it bored me a little, which is a first with this show!

You all voiced my same thoughts about love triangles. It's not the first time I say I hate them and I will repeat it again: HATE THEM! It's really rare they don't decrease (or sometimes even nullify) the quality of a show, dragging it down. Jane The Virgin is no exception. Besides, particularly in this case, where there are already so many plots and subplots going on that you don't really need a love triangle too, I find keeping a talented cast stuck with it as a huge waste.

And I'm 100% it didn't end tonight: Jane thinks she's sure about Michael NOW because of the snow and whatnot (seriously, it was nice at the first, but is that even possible that whenever Jane kisses someone there's snow or flower's petals involved??), and I won't take into consideration that she was a bit tipsy too, but I bet that something will happen next with Rafael and she will end up having doubts again, resulting in her going back and forth between them ad nauseam. Not. looking. forward. to .it.

So, to sum up... you want Michael, Jane? Then please be coherent and stay with Michael (and I'm TeamRafael)! I may not understand your POV, because as much I like Michael too, I can't ignore the fact his character has been whitewashed to the point Jane completely forgot the reason why they broke up in the first place (I'm speaking for myself, here: what Michael did, for me, would be unforgivable forever. At the very least, I would not consider get back together with him ever again). However, if Jane really wants him back, it's ok... but just stop with this this love triangle nonsense, already!

Unfortunately, since I am also 100% sure that Rafael is the endgame because of the way he's been portrayed since the pilot and because he's somewhat the punchbag of the show, this hateful love triangle is not going to end anytime soon. Which is a shame because, for instance, Michael/Brett Drier is SOOO good when he's given comedy material that, if I were TPTB, I'd try to give him every possible chance to shine with it (and the love triangle isn't helping). Oh, and I would see him sharing more scenes with Petra. And with Rafael too, because I'd love to see them becoming friends.

Another thing I'm also 100% sure: Michael is not going to die.

• Love 4

That's Megan Ketch; she was most recently a midwife on four episodes of Under The Dome in its last season, but she's also the ex-wife of Neil the ChumHum guy on The Good Wife and has recurred on Blue Bloods in the past as well.

Thank you, Tara! I haven't seen any of those shows, but I was able to look her up on IMDB once you gave me the name. It was an episode of Law & Order: SVU a couple of seasons back, and she played a woman who'd been brutally gang-raped by private contractors in Iraq. She did a great job in the role. Glad to see she's had a lot of work since then.

I'm curious to see where her character goes from here on JtV. I feel like it's too coincidental, even for this show, that she would be a dirty cop like Nadine, so I'm guessing she's investigating Michael for the police department. 

Edited by kirinan

Another thing I'm also 100% sure: Michael is not going to die.

I really don't think he will either. And I will be disappointed if he does indeed die. It's no way for Jane to "decide" who she wants to be with and resolve the love triangle. Plus I like him!

• Love 2

I love getting more of Jane and Lina. Their dance when they were little was adorable (with Xo looking proud, and Abuela doing the sign of the cross!) and I liked seeing how it can be hard to keep up with friends while having a baby. I love Lina`s actress on Orange is the New Black, so I was glad to see more of her.

Aren't Jane and Michael childhood friends?  There was a quick shot of a little boy being chided by a nun for enjoying Jane and Lina's dance as much as Xo was.  Later, when Jane mentions she and Lina dance to the song, he knew exactly to what she referred.

Aren't Jane and Michael childhood friends?  There was a quick shot of a little boy being chided by a nun for enjoying Jane and Lina's dance as much as Xo was.  Later, when Jane mentions she and Lina dance to the song, he knew exactly to what she referred.

No. They met when he was an uniform cop and he went to Jane's house for some reason that I don't remember. He knows Jane stuff because they dated for years and she told him. One of the pluses on the "Michael" column is that he knows Jane so well.

I had to laugh at how scandalized Alba and the nuns were by Jane and Lina's tame dance routine. The song lyrics are a bit much for kids, but the routine wasn't anything extreme. When I was in, maybe, 4th or 5th grade, we had a talent show at school, and a group of girls from my class (hope they're not reading this) did a lip sync routine to the song "In My House" by Mary Jane Girls. The song is one long sex invite. I can't remember their costumes, but they did have on lace gloves and had some suggestive choreography. Even at that age, I knew it was highly inappropriate. I can't even imagine what our teachers were thinking. So yeah, Jane and Lina dancing to Nelly in leggings and gym shorts? That, I can handle.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1

The love triangle is exhausting. I was kind of worried about how they were going to sustain things (I was along for the slow descent of Ugly Betty) when burning through plot so fast. Also, naming the show Jane the VIRGIN means they have to keep her a virgin as long as possible, so it's going to be forever before she really commits to one of these jokers, and at this point I'm not sure why they are both willingly vying for her favor. And stringing them both along doesn't cast her in the best light.

I know I am overthinking this, but the back and forth is just played out already.

• Love 4

Jane and Lina were pitch perfect. I agree with the person who said upthread that Jane has so many other crazy entanglements in her world that you forget she has friends outside of that world. I wish the show would invest a little more in Jane's world outside of JANE'S WORLD to be honest. Fun, single girl Jane trying to juggle being a new mom, grad student but still struggling to be a normal 25 year old would be very fun to watch sometimes. 

But I mean, don't get me wrong, I still love JANE'S WORLD. 

Jamie Camil still continues to just delight and dazzle as Rogelio. He is such a great comedic actor. That line he threw out at Luciana about her being a lying, scheming Chupacabra had me rolling. Also him explaining what Scientology was to Abuela was gold. 

And I feel like the show giving Michael his ~time in the sun~ so early on in the season is definitely a sign that the love triangle is far from over. By midseason, Rafeal's gonna be next on deck and by the end of the season I hope we're gonna be looking at a single and happy Jane. I'm not on either team though I do think each guy has their own special qualities and I see why it'd be hard for Jane to choose but in the end I see her choosing herself and Mateo. Which would be nice to see for awhile cause I don't think the show will ever be done with love triangles but this one might be goner come the season finale. 

Also am I the only one who'd really like to see Michael and Petra paired together? Its something I've been wanting for a while. There's no pretense with them. They're very frank with each other and call out each other's bull. Its refreshing and I think they could benefit a lot from each other. Watching them stumble their way to an unexpected but fun offbeat romance would be cool to watch imo. Especially all the reactions we'll get to see come out of it. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 1

This is my first season watching this show, so I admit there are some characters I am still unclear on.  What I do know is that I am torn on my like for this show, and if I want to continue or not.  I like the true character moments with Jane, her family, friends, and her regular life.  Where this show loses me is the extraneous odd characters and storylines.  I can't seem to care about them at all.  But then it turns back to a normal life moment, and I am all in.  I guess I will have to watch a couple more episodes to decide. 

Also am I the only one who'd really like to see Michael and Petra paired together? Its something I've been wanting for a while. There's no pretense with them. They're very frank with each other and call out each other's bull. Its refreshing and I think they could benefit a lot from each other. Watching them stumble their way to an unexpected but fun offbeat romance would be cool to watch imo. Especially all the reactions we'll get to see come out of it. 

I've been wanting M&P together since last season. You are right, their upfront, no bull approach to one another is awesome!

• Love 1