Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Ponderosa

ProfCrash
  • Start Topic

I actually think that they handled it pretty maturely. OK, calling Kass despicable on the boat ride was silly. I thought they were pretty low key in how they discussed their differences in game play and personalities when he arrived. That was mature of them. No one was giving the other the cold shoulder. They were firm on what their problems where with the other and then they let it sit for a while until they could talk without the raw emotion.

Andrew even owned that his opinions had changed and that he saw that she was different. Kass was willing to go with the flow with where Andrew was in his process. Honestly, it was refreshing to see how they got along and worked through their game stuff. And I am cool that it took some time because they are both pretty intense gamers and were both invested in the game. But instead of yelling, screaming and berating each other over game play they gave each other their space and chilled.

I think they are setting a good tone for the others as they arrive.

• Love 4
When Kass saw Savage give Abi the finger, she realized he is a kindred soul she could relate to.

Heh.

Yeah, when they were saying "there've never been two lawyers on the jury!  Two trial lawyers!"  I mentally added "Two lawyers who love flipping the bird!"

It's not the occupation though...I'm married to a lawyer (not a trial lawyer) and I'm racking my brains and I don't think I've ever seen him flip the bird, and I've known him since he was about 10 or so!  

I have never seen such a pity party as Andrew started out with (not even Stephen's), but I'm willing to give him grudging respect for turning it around.  But that's as far as I'll go!

• Love 1

First off, Savage takes Survivor way too seriously. That said, I'm glad he was able to vent when he first arrived at Ponderosa. I was really concerned he was going to be a bitter Savage but time & Kass turned him around. I still think he looks better with his scruff and even looked good with his ski cap (wtf is with that??). In the end, it looks like he & Kass are friendly and are the King & Queen of Ponderosa.

He sure does. His rambling about the Survivor gods was borderline pathetic. 

His entrance was so uncomfortable and vintage bitter, arrogant Savage, but the tail end of the video was quite entertaining.

Clearly the key to enjoying both Savage and Kass is to keep them liquored up. Drunk jury please! 

• Love 4

Lawyers generally do get along with one another. They get used to taking opposing positions even against people they would otherwise like. Good lawyers learn to not let personal things get in the way of business and generally are pretty direct with one another. But bottom line is that usually they are engaging conversationalists and can make fun of serious situations just to lighten things up.

Particularly Kass who is a small town lawyer has no percentage in being personally at war with her opposing lawyers. I've been mad as fire at lawyers I like in the course of litigation, but then after a cool down period, we can have lunch and enjoy each other.

Andrew is a bit intense and self righteous, but that's only one aspect of his personality. He's a gregarious guy who likes to have fun too.

• Love 2

I think Kass realized that they way to butter him up was to tell him she had a crush on him back in the day.  Andrew is so vain, that totally turned him around.  I mean, if a person is attracted to him, they can't be all bad, right?

• Love 13

Clearly the key to enjoying both Savage and Kass is to keep them liquored up. Drunk jury please! 

This! I hope they keep them liquored up throughout every Ponderosa vid!

Is that a spoiler?   We're not all reading spoilers.  

It's not a spoiler, the jury started last week with the Kass boot. I think that is all the poster is saying.....nine make the jury phase, I don't think the poster is trying to say anything beyond that. I could be wrong, but that's how I read the post.

I don't read spoilers. As this poster said, 9 of the 10 Bayon members have made the jury phase of the game, which just makes it all the more irritating taht we saw basically jack shit of them pre-switch/pre-merge.

• Love 1

I think Chaos Kass is a fake.  My armchair psychoanalysis is that Kass is less sure of herself than even she thinks she is.  She wants to be a normal, vulnerable human but has shielded herself out of fear (for whatever reason) of being hurt.

I her season, she got backed into a corner and had to fight to get out.  It was jarring for otherwise controlled demeanor and she dubbed herself Chaos Kass. In the current season, she wanted to put that on hold and bond with people on a more real level.  It didn't work so well and so she is bring back this little tool on her shelf.

Kass' Ponderosa interview is telling.  She was clearly hurt, and I think now she is confused about how to act in order to connect successfully with others. In the end, all she needs to do is be herself.  I hope she gets there.

I like Kass and see her as somewhat fragile and lonely ... struggling to fit in.  Just my thoughts du jour.

Kass and Savage bonding at Ponderosa.  Both are super charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xooWA2RLimA

It would've been funny if Monica also was on the jury early, then there'd be three lawyers.

Monca is a lawyer?

See, way back then, editing used to tell us the job or main occupation of whoever had a talking head, but now instead we get to know on what previous season they were, and seriously, no casual viewer will go and look for more if I cannot be bothered.) 

Edited because I meant season rather than "seaon" -

Edited by NutMeg
  • Love 1

I guess I don't think armpit hair on a woman is that radical.

Is not. I thought it was a big deal when I quit shaving nearly six years ago, but in that time, I can count on my hands the number of people who have even noticed, let alone judged.

• Love 4

I liked that Andrew was able spend his first evening venting and getting it out of his system, then calmed down enough to get to know Kass as a real person and they ended up being very friendly.  To her credit, Kass remained nice, didn't gloat, remembered something key about Andrew (the white wine), and let him take his time to 'get out of the game.'

The Ponderosa camp definitely looks more primative than in some prior seasons, especially the shower/toilet combo. but that cheeseburger looked delicious.  Considering how they've said this season was very brutal weatherwise, I bet those in Ponderosa are thankful for shelter, hot food and soft beds.

• Love 2

Abi was pretty good-natured when she went to Ponderosa last time, and she's gotten along with both Kass and Andrew. My guess is Tasha would bring the most drama. Of everyone left, she seems the least able to let bygones be.

• Love 1

Abi was pretty good-natured when she went to Ponderosa last time, and she's gotten along with both Kass and Andrew. My guess is Tasha would bring the most drama. Of everyone left, she seems the least able to let bygones be.

Tasha and Kass seem to have the worst relationship of anyone left in the game, so I agree that she'd be most likely to upset the fun vibe of Ponderosa if she were to go next (which I don't see happening.) 

It is kind of funny-- "My toe!  I was lame!  A spider!  A really venomous one!  And it was infected!  Oh, and the Survivor gods!  It wasn't ME!"

Lol, ye olde spider bite excuse. Takes me back to Coral in the RW/RR Challenge, where she bullied her way to the final team and then utterly destroyed her team's chances by dragging her ass/quitting on the final challenge thanks to a "spider bite" which was never quite confirmed (some people said it happened, others weren't so convinced.) 

As for Andrew, I think he could play (and lose) this game 10 times and there would be 10 reasons why it wasn't his fault. 

Man, I'd like to learn more about that incident between Kass and Tasha.  According to the article, it was a "huge topic at tribal" that shook Jeff so much, he forgot to make the crucial announcement that Kass was on jury.

Everyone there must know what happened.  Did Survivor ask/require all the contestants to stay quiet about it? 

Man, I'd like to learn more about that incident between Kass and Tasha.  According to the article, it was a "huge topic at tribal" that shook Jeff so much, he forgot to make the crucial announcement that Kass was on jury.

Everyone there must know what happened.  Did Survivor ask/require all the contestants to stay quiet about it? 

I can't remember right now, is the jury announcement something he usually reveals before the vote or more importantly in this case, before the tribal begins? It seems that would certainly influence people's behavior during tribal if they knew their words could bite them in the end, though in a season like this where they are actively trying to keep them on their toes and deviate from prior procedures, I could see withholding that info until afterward. 

Varner and Woo had foot injuries, too.  Maybe Survivor needs to give them some steel-toed beach boots.

Ha, in the case of Varner they could easily eliminate the challenges where they have to find/carry huge, heavy puzzle pieces while blindfolded. 

I can't remember right now, is the jury announcement something he usually reveals before the vote or more importantly in this case, before the tribal begins? 

I'm fairly sure it's always after the first jury member is booted. He says it after his "The tribe has spoken" speech.

I thought like @ljenkins782, that it's usually announced as Probst reads the final vote for the first juror. I swear I've heard him say something along the lines of, "The person voted out and the first member of the jury is..." one more than one season.

• Love 2

I'm curious if the first person voted out of the merged tribe was ever NOT a juror. Anyone know?

This used to be SOP (Gretchen through to Savage 1.0), and has happened a handful of times since (Brandon, Nick, Kelly Remington).

• Love 2

OMG! Is Savage the BIGGEST jerk in the world? "Me & Kelly are better friends that Kass could ever be". Nah! Nah! Nah! Seriously, how old is he? He was & is the popular jock in high school who never grew up. Meanwhile, Kass is all nice and talking about Kelly's journey.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 15

I really enjoyed hearing Kelly talk about her experience.  I liked her in the first season and like her still now and I'm sorry we didn't see more of her on the actual show.  I loved her quote "this show didn't make me and I won't let it break me".  Finally, maybe the interesting story Jeff has been alluding to was told to us....by being on the show in the first place, she found yoga, and that became her journey. [Okay, no more beers tonight, I sounded like Jeff there at the end]

Also, Andrew, take a damn seat.  What the hell with the "clique" nonsense he's starting. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 7

Ok - I hit "like" because I was grateful to LanceM for posting KW's video - but damn!  I can see why she frustrated Probst because that was probably the most boring Ponderosa video ever.  And I say this as one who doesn't need drama to find something interesting.  But still.

ETA:  and yes, clearly Savage is stuck in middle school.  Get over yourself and just have fun, dude!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 5

I am happy Ciera, Wentworth, and Abi are still in the game, but I would have loved it had one of them gone and Andrew been stuck with Kass and one of those three.  I'm happy Kelly at least made the jury.  Should be a different experience for her.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
Ok - I hit "like" because I was grateful to LanceM for posting KW's video - but damn!  I can see why she frustrated Probst because that was probably the most boring Ponderosa video ever.
I legit loved it and was moved by it. The only part I didn't like was Savage's little, "haha, Kelly and I are so close and Kass is on the outside." (seriously, what the hell is wrong with that man? I know he's supposed to legitimately have this great life with a lot of money, a fulfilling job, and a loving relationship, but he seems to need to put other people down to feel okay with himself)

But back to Kelly, I loved hearing about her yoga journey and her take on the game and meditations. She's obviously a quiet personality, and I wouldn't expect her to be a main narrator, but I found her interesting and would have liked to have seen more in the main episodes.

• Love 8

My goodness I would love to take yoga from her. She almost seems to personify it, just listening to her is relaxing. But, yes, you can see why TPTB would be frustrated by her because she doesn't have a big personality.

And yes, Andrew needs to STFU. The worst thing is that we have weeks more of that and we are probably going to hear the same refrain from him everytime someone he was close to on the game gets voted off.

• Love 2

OK, I am done defending Andrew. He is an ass. Kass is scurrying to get in tight with you and Kelly? No, she is talking to Kelly. This is like high school? Only because you are an idiot who apparently thinks that the social hierarchy in high school meant something and are advancing it an an explication for how people are interacting at Ponderosa. Might it be that Kelly and you were in an alliance that completely ostracized anyone not in that alliance? Might that be why Kelly knows you better? Or that Kelly is just a more physical person who likes running, yoga, and other similar activities so that the two of you have more in common?

Just shut the fuck up.

Kass is growing on me in Ponderosa but she needs to stop flipping the remaining players off.

• Love 13

Dear Savage, 

The game is over for you.  There is no more "getting tight" with someone.  It's called "being friendly" while you, sir, sound like a paranoid jerk.

Love, Haleth

PS Do not ever make me have to defend Kass again.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11

On a totally shallow note (Savage, you'd probably like this post ;-), Kelly looks more like…Kelly, when she doesn't have a ton of shiny makeup on and she's freshly showered. She looked fantastic and also very calm and centered at Ponderosa. Maybe I should take up yoga.

• Love 1

I thought he might be trying to say triumvirate, and using it completely wrong?  As in he and Kelly are a triumvirate?  I don't think the three of them can be a triumvirate when they're the only ones there.  Plus he missed a syllable so it was more like trium-vate (or triumphant, which also makes no sense).  Douche.

"It sounds like a playground, school yard, I know, but ...that's life!"  No, Andrew, that's not life for most adults.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the word he was going for was "triumvirate" and no, it doesn't make a lick of sense in this context because you can't be a triumvirate of two. 

And the fact that he called out his words as "high school, but that's life" just completely confirmed that this is his world view, which has been evident in his Survivor play time after time. 

I really enjoyed hearing Kelly talk about her experience.  I liked her in the first season and like her still now and I'm sorry we didn't see more of her on the actual show.  I loved her quote "this show didn't make me and I won't let it break me".

So Kelly has what, 3 weeks (?) of Ponderosa time with Savage, right? Here's hoping she can share this attitude because he desperately needs this perspective. 

• Love 5

No, Andrew needs to learn that high school ended ages ago and that the adult world is not structured the way it was in high school. Seriously, I want to see Kass tear into him because he really, really needs someone to pull that entitled, jock ass stick out of his ass and join the adult world.

• Love 7

Kass seemed to be uninformed that she was desperate to get in tight with Kelly. She seemed to be interested in conversation and getting to know someone and not realize that she really, really wanted to be someone that Kelly and Andrew would welcome into their family and lives for all eternity.

• Love 7