Type keyword(s) to search

Crazy Ex-Roles: Cast in Other Roles

Gabrielle Ruiz guest starred on this week's episode of Better Things (S3.E9: The Unknown). It was a pretty small role but she did a reading of a play with the show's main character and Broadway stars Norm Lewis, Jon Jon Briones, and Holland Taylor (followed by everyone singing at a bar).

• Love 1

Santino has been nominated for a Tony this year! Tootsie received 11 Tony nominations total. Santino’s category:

Best Leading Actor in a Musical
Brooks Ashmanskas, The Prom
Derrick Baskin, Ain't Too Proud
Alex Brightman, Beetlejuice
Damon Daunno, Oklahoma!
Santino Fontana, Tootsie

• Love 2

Santino Fontana was also featured in Fosse/Verdon.  I watched the episode he was in, then found out he was in it, but didn't think I saw him.  So I went back and was truly shocked by the character he played.  When I knew it was him, I could see it was him, but he just disappeared into the character.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:16 AM, kathe5133 said:

Santino Fontana was also featured in Fosse/Verdon.  I watched the episode he was in, then found out he was in it, but didn't think I saw him.  So I went back and was truly shocked by the character he played.  When I knew it was him, I could see it was him, but he just disappeared into the character.

Santino is supposed to be on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert on May 10th. Not sure if it will be a musical performance or an interview.

• Useful 1
(edited)

This is a casting link that really tickles me:

This weekend, NY City Center Encores! (dedicated to presenting short runs of classic long-unseen musicals; I'm a long-time subscriber) is doing High Button Shoes.

The actor I want to point out is Chester Gregory, who plays the 1913 New Jersey husband ("Papa") in the segment starting at 0:45. And when was he on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, you ask? He provided the voice explaining that "Real-Life Fighting Is Awkward." It pays to be versatile in the world of acting and singing!

Edited by Rinaldo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Skylar Astin will be performing Into the Woods at the Hollywood Bowl

The Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine musical, also starring Patina Miller, will be presented July 26–28.

Joining the previously announced Pippin Tony winner Patina Miller as the Witch, Gaten Matarazzo (Netflix's Stranger Things) as Jack, and Shanice Williams (NBC’s The Wiz Live!) as Little Red Riding Hood will be Tony winner Sutton Foster (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes) as The Baker's Wife, Skylar Astin (Spring Awakening, Pitch Perfect) as The Baker, Tony nominee Hailey Kilgore (Once On This Island) as Rapunzel, Sierra Boggess (The Phantom of the Opera, The Little Mermaid) as Cinderella, Chris Carmack (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) as Rapunzel's Prince, Tony winner Anthony Crivello (Kiss of the Spider Woman) as Mysterious Man, and Cheyenne Jackson (Xanadu, 30 Rock) as Cinderella's Prince/The Wolf.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo