Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: All Or Nothing

Really pleased with how well these two worked together! Nobody got annoyed with each other (at least not on camera - this is key), and they had a great camaraderie. They got dealt a really shitty location, too, in that there was hardly any water and it didn't even rain. The guy was surprisingly good with fire although this location seemed drier than most tropical locales they've been to.

Not sure how it ended because my DVR cut off with a few minutes to go. They had decided to power through and they got their fire back. Anyone know the rest?

• Love 3

As ClareWalks said, this was a wonderful couple. The appreciated each other's efforts and achievements, and looked for the opportunity to be supportive.  (The XL gang could learn from this).

They really did not seem to have much food to go along with the water shortage.  That straw they drank with was a pretty good invention, worked really well for the banana tree stumps.

They knew alot, like about banana trees as a water source and the water table.  That was one heck of a well they dug, 6 or 8 feet deep.

Kind of sorry to see such a nice couple not make it to the end.  Felt bad that Jeremy considered having people 'back home' tell him "I knew you wouldn't make it".  Heck, I'd have been lucky to last 1/2 as long without food and having to work so hard for what little water there was.

• Love 5

I think they tapped out day 12. The stillborn bird was gross

I think it was actually still alive...it kicked a little when they put it in the pot :(

Was initially wary of Cassidy in the beginning. She seemed very ill-prepared for survival but was pleasantly surprised. I also agree it was nice seeing them being supportive of each other, especially when she encouraged him as he worked on the bamboo. I also liked that she tried to dig a hole at the same time. They were met with lots of unfortunate circumstances--I wonder why they didn't try moving after it looked like their spot had no resources.

I would not mind giving these two a second chance somewhere.

Edit: This was the season finale?!

Edited by niklj
  • Love 2

Was initially wary of Cassidy in the beginning. She seemed very ill-prepared for survival but was pleasantly surprised.

Totally agree.  

What a good lesson in attitude and perseverance she provided.  I had thought she did not provide many skills, but I was wrong.  She found coconuts while he was trying for fire early on, she had the knowledge about the banana stumps, she knew about the birds eggs and other things.

I did find his use of bayou colloquialism interesting.

Future applicants may watch this, but not many will have what it takes to be as supportive and team oriented as these two.

It was promoted as the Season Finale, this 5 episode season had a high percentage of cooperative couples which was a treat.  Hope they start a forum for the Couples Program.

Edited by Liberty

From their intros I suspected I might not like either of these folks, but I ended up liking both of them. What a nice surprise! They were both pleasant & supportive. That is an enjoyable switch from hearing the talking heads about how much they don't like or are better than their partner

I understand the environment needs to be harsh, risky, dangerous, etc. to make the show what it is, but good grief watching people decide if they should tap out based on dehydration is not entertaining. If they scouted this location than they had to know some of the issues with finding adequate drinkable water. I don't mind seeing people struggle & stumble as they try to survive, but at least drop them places where they have opportunities to make it. Regardless of the water situation, as soon as they said local cobra & 30 minute death I would've been back on the truck. Ok honestly I'd never even make it on the truck, but still the cobra creeped me out.

• Love 2

This was a good pairing, I hope they get another chance sometime in a better location.

With the eggs, how did they figure they'd be good to eat once cooked? Weren't they buried in the sand waiting to hatch?

THIS,

If they're buried in sand I'd think they are fertilized eggs... with an embryo...not eggs from the grocery with a white and a yolk.

• Love 1