Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: New Mexico

Popé leads the Pueblo Revolt against Spanish colonizers in 1680; Boy Scouts cofounder Ernest Thompson Seton tracks a wolf; the true story of the Roswell UFO conspiracy is revealed.

Featuring: Rob Huebel as Governor Juan Francisco Treviño, Jason Mantzoukas as Popé, Colin Hanks as Ernest Thompson Seton, Thomas Lennon as Major Jesse Marcel, John Ennis as Stanton T. Friedman, and Patton Oswalt as Mac Brazel

Retellers: Fortune Feimster on Popé and the Pueblo Revolt; Mike Still on Ernest Thompson Seton; and Steve Berg on the Roswell UFO crash of 1947

My dad was in the USAF. He always said that the Roswell mess was a weather balloon.

My favorite little moment was during the UFO story when they flashed forward to modern times, showing all the government officials gathered around the table again. A lot of them had on little gray wigs.

• Love 1

My favorite bit was the newspaper headline about the crash. The Military Has Recovered Alien Space Crash ...space...craft that is crashed With Wreckage.

I'm still mad about Lobo and Bianca. Fuck you, boy scout guy. Fuck you to hell.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2

I fast forwarded through the part about killing the wolves, even if they were played by people. I just can't stand that sort of thing. So then the episode was really short. I like Fortune Feimster (no, wait, Juan Pablo is my gardener...)and I was happy to see her on this. I liked it when she talked about how New Mexico has the Indian influence, the Spanish influence, and the Methamphetamine influence. I'm from New Mexico, so I'm glad they did an episode on the state. 

• Love 1
My favorite part was Thomas Lennon always taking off his sunglasses dramatically or putting them back on.

Why isn't he on this show more? I would have thought this was a natural for him. 

My favorite little moment was during the UFO story when they flashed forward to modern times, showing all the government officials gathered around the table again. A lot of them had on little gray wigs.

And they had the big filing cabinet against the wall that was "the freedom of information act."

I actually thought it was really funny that PO had such a small role. 

Who was the sexy female wolf?

Now that they've done New Mexico, I want them to do Idaho. This was where the first nuclear reactor produced electricity. That's worth one segment. 

• Love 1

Bullshit! UFO's in Roswell forever. Who paid off Derek to tell this story?

You stick with that.  Someone I consider credible told me a story about what "really" happened once.  It ruined all alien sc-fi TV from that point forward for me.  I'm just glad that no one talked about it until after I'd seen the X Files.

• Love 1

I was so upset that the killing of the female wolf was totally no big deal but the MALE wolf was a VERY BIG DEAL. Middle fingers up to that, for sure.

Also, as a former Guide and the daughter of a former Scout, it was Lord Baden Powell who started the Boy Scouts. This dude was involved somehow but BP is the founder of the Boy Scouts. Derek says these are historically accurate - that one I think was grey.