Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Clear and Wesen Danger

formerlyfreedom

I like Adalind so having her on the show is a plus in my world.  If you make me laugh I can forgive a lot of things, and she can make me laugh.  What can I say, I'm very shallow.  So far I think they are playing it pretty low key.  But I do want her to not be needy, I want her to be a lawyer again and be strong and independent.  I don’t care if she and Nick live together for support, but I just don’t like the whole dependent thing.  Cute baby though and I did love the sweat pants when she came home from the hospital though the tighter pants later in the episode didn’t make sense.  I also like the tentative relationship between her and Rosalee. 

Now, no one has mentioned it so it may not be important, but when the computers were being wiped of their information, the last screen we saw was a picture of Renard at a press conference.  Does that mean anything?  I wouldn’t mind a grayer Renard.  Someone we aren’t exactly sure about.  Oops, it took be awhile for me to post this and I just realized that this was mentioned.  Sorry, but it still seems significant to me.  They made a point of showing it so there must be a reason.

Overall I liked this episode a lot.  It was fast paced and moved the story along.  For some reason I keep thinking that when Adalind sees the claw marks she is going to recognize them.  I’m not sure why but it seemed they almost made a point of her not seeing them.  But I’m probably wrong about that.

Now, no one has mentioned it so it may not be important, but when the computers were being wiped of their information, the last screen we saw was a picture of Renard at a press conference.  Does that mean anything?  I wouldn’t mind a grayer Renard.  Someone we aren’t exactly sure about.

I did mention this above (it was part of the 2 things I liked about this episode), but it is intriguing.  Renard really needs to have a larger role on this show.

This was a really good year for tomatoes....I think Nick should buy them in bulk.  And make lots and lots of sandwiches.

Really, though...that was such an out of left field detail.  I mean, it had better come into play at some point (in a show of magic, Adalind is finally vanquished by a....TOMATO!  Dun dun dun).

Rather than a tomato actually hurting her, I suspect Adalind eating tomatoes will come into play when someone is pretending to be her.  Oh!  How about that the only way to cure Juliette involves her taking on Adalind's appearance permanently.  That way we can have the actress still currently on the show that people reluctantly see chemistry with but still get back the non evil woman. 

Yes, OttorMommy I did just edit my post.  Sorry for the miss.  And I agree, I would also like to see more Renard and more gray Renard, I like when we aren't sure whose side he is on.

Re your opinion about removing the hexenbiest to let the woman emerge...I could go with that EXCEPT there was a period of time already when Adalind was not a hexenbiest, and she was still a spiteful and rageful creature.  So, I disagree (vehemently...although it could have been a good theory).

I suppose they could say that the process that a Grimm uses to remove the powers doesn't affect the underlying evilness but the suppressant represses it all. 

I'm not surprised that now we find out the suppressant is temporary (Adalind was way to quick to take it otherwise) but they sure didn't mention that before.   

Adelind used to be independent with a career, schemes and a strong will. I think she had to take care of herself because her mother was not supportive.

Now the show has made her dependent on a man. Thanks. TV needs more women who can't make it on their own without their special super powers. 

I'm going with her reaction being a form of Post-Partum

Yeah, if Juliette is dead or missing then where are her other friends, family, and co-workers calling about where she is? Have they already called the police and filed a missing person report and are the police investigating her disappearance?

Juliette had weeks to tick off all her work friends. I imagine she could have also quit the practice (or sold it) thus  getting rid of anyone that might notice her absence. 

"Renard really needs to have a larger role on this show."

yes - how many princes are there now left in his family? Also - Renard used to want to control Nick in order to gain more power in his family, and he ordered Adalind to try to kill his aunt and mother, etc. They sort of came to an agreement and he doesn't seem as ambitious lately, but maybe he could again?

yes - how many princes are there now left in his family? Also - Renard used to want to control Nick in order to gain more power in his family, and he ordered Adalind to try to kill his aunt and mother, etc. They sort of came to an agreement and he doesn't seem as ambitious lately, but maybe he could again?

The Royals never mattered and they have all been disposable. Eric killed off since they couldn't get the actor back, Viktor goes home because the actor joined another show, Kenneth was only introduced to die a few episodes later. Even the King only appeared twice and his most memorable moment was being pushed out of a helicopter!

It is pretty clear that Renard was set up to be a villain in season one, but the writers liked Sasha Roiz so much that they decided to change their plans and keep him as Nick's godfather. The character has greatly suffered because of this. We are lucky to get anything for Renard besides him sitting in his office and talking on a phone.

So I will join the unpopular opinion crew and say that I am open to seeing where Nick and Adalind go, the actors have a lot of chemistry and I think the interactions tonight were supposed to be awkward, that's what I got from them. Even the sandwich conversation was awkward, they obviously aren't comfortable around each other. That being said, I do not like the dependent Adalind, she needs her teeth back but I can chalk this up to hormones post baby and realizing that she is pretty much alone with a newborn. And agree x 1000 to whomever agreed she needs to go back to law.

I think Nick is suppressing his feelings big time,  he hasn't really had time to breathe since Juliette died. The feelings peep out intermittently as we saw on tonight's episode but he still hasn't really dealt with his grief. Right now he is focused on the new threat and new baby. I think he will have a breakdown or close to it at some point.

Overall I liked the episode, definitely better than last week. Hopefully Nick can get back to work soon, wasn't really buying Hank with the new partner. That wesen was scary, seemed like a mild manner bookworm and turned into a throat tearing monster and I think he enjoyed killing those people. I was hoping one of the US Marshals would have lived instead of both being torn to pieces.

Don't want Juliette back under any circumstances

The Royals never mattered and they have all been disposable. Eric killed off since they couldn't get the actor back, Viktor goes home because the actor joined another show, Kenneth was only introduced to die a few episodes later. Even the King only appeared twice and his most memorable moment was being pushed out of a helicopter!

It is pretty clear that Renard was set up to be a villain in season one, but the writers liked Sasha Roiz so much that they decided to change their plans and keep him as Nick's godfather. The character has greatly suffered because of this. We are lucky to get anything for Renard besides him sitting in his office and talking on a phone.

I do think that the show totally mishandled the Royals, the Resistance, and even Renard, but I do like to have Renard to be more of a  gray character than an outright villain. Personally, I don't want him to be an outright villain and how awkward would it  be if Nick's mortal enemy is also his boss? I can't see Nick working as a cop for long and personally their weird mismatch relationship, IMO, is what used to help keep the drama/angst on this show to a minimal level. 

That being said, I am not really happy about how the Royal storyline has turned out, but I would like to see the other Royal houses that are supposed to still exist in this show and how can they rule Wesen when they are just humans. 

I remeber a show (movie?) in the 80s called "V" in which the half-human/half-alien kid was rapidly aged to young adult within that season. So, I'm going to go with the creature in the cell that Meisner is dealing with is a rapidly aged Diana. Perhaps, because of her super special snowflake powers, she is going through some horrendous , manic puberty phase, which is why she has to be locked up temporarily.

Because hasnt it only been a few days on the show since Mesiner and Diana were seen in the helicopter? And didn't everyone speak of Diana as being some "super special " kid, that everyone wanted?

Yea..rapidly aged Diana..that's what I'm going with. Because then Juliette can be well and truly dead.

And, isn't there anyone at the local FBI office that remembers the Mauvais Daunte (sp?) incident? They seem suspicious of him because of Chavez's disappearance. I'd be suspicious of him myself.

Hank and Wu made the show for me.

A bunch of graffiti artists that loves to paint claw marks isn't really doing it as the big bad of the season.

Seeing as we're only 2 episodes into the season this claim might be a bit premature.

Re: Adalind and "the pass."  I may start type-yelling here and I just want you to know that this is not directed at you (I spent too much time on the FB thread last night).  Nick, actually, did not make the decision to give Diana to someone else.  Diana's father did.  Nick was, at best, a reluctant accessory to the whole thing.  Does that excuse him completely?  Of course not...at any time he could have said, "Mom, you're on your own on this one."  But, no. 

Renard may have OKed the deal, but Nick was more than a reluctant accessory, which is after the fact.  He took a very active role in the kidnapping. 

Everybody--Renard, Nick, Kelly, Monroe, Hank, and Juliette--were accomplices.  They conspired to the kidnapping.  Each one of them was equally wrong to the kidnapping. 

Arguably, Nick and Kelly plotted the kidnapping.  When Nick and Juliette were looking for an old truck, Nick said that it had to have fewer than 50,000 miles.  When Nick was bringing Hank up to speed about Diana and baby daddy Renard, Hank asked Nick what needed to be done now.  In the end, when Renard was looking at Diana for the last time, Kelly said it had to be done.  Everybody who conspired with the kidnapping--except Juliette--was in the car after they were able to get Diana from the Royals.  Everybody, including Juliette, knew what was going to happen next: Kelly was going to leave with Diana. 

However, I AM SO FREAKIN' SICK of the whatever it was of Diana being used to condone Adalind's later behavior.  Did we forget that:

Adalind purposefully conceived Diana for absolutely no other reason than to sell her to get her powers back?

In doing so, she willingly played a part in the murder of someone else (another hexenbiest, but whatever) and then mutilated the body?

She signed a freakin' magical contract over this?

She DID get her powers back, but she never followed through on her part of the deal?

I'm glad that I'm not on Facebook.  I never made a moral equivalence between rape and kidnapping.  Or that Adalind and Nick are evensies. 

If anyone was kidnapping/stealing in this situation, it was Adalind, not Nick.  Frankly, Renard was--well, maybe not within his rights, but at least somewhat close to them--to give Diana away.  ALL-EVERY SINGLE BIT--of Adalind's previous behavior pointed to the fact that she was an unfit mother and Renard, as a father, made the choice to do what was best for his child (a consideration that Adalind actually never made)  Okay, no, it wasn't quite like that....I get it.  But what I'm saying is that the kidnapping justifies the rape argument doesn't hold a drop of water.

Adalind has been outright wrong to treat Diana as a commodity.  Her past behavior, which includes murdering the hexencrone, is inexcusable.  I have never given her--or Juliette--a pass.  However, I also won't give a pass to Nick et al.  Not even baby daddy Renard and his abs.

Adalind was wrong for her actions.  Nick was wrong for his actions in the kidnapping.  They're both responsible for their individual behavior.  

She may be a terrible person and could be a horrible mother, but she does have a say in what happens to her child.  No matter what.  Same goes to Renard. 

Nobody should have made a unilateral decision to take her child away.  (Courts don't even do that.)

No matter how terrible a mother Adalind might have been, she gets a say in what happens to Diana and definitely, deserves to know what happens to her. 

The heroes of the story--Nick, Kelly, Monroe, Renard, Juliette, and Hank--don't get a pass and don't get to use the excuse that Adalind is an unfit mother to justify their actions.  They don't get to play hero after they kidnapped a baby.

If Adalind doesn't get to use her redemptive arc or mother to Nick's baby to justify rape, then the heroes don't get to use the unfit mother excuse to justify kidnapping. 

I'm an equal opportunity blamer. 

Overall I liked the episode, definitely better than last week. Hopefully Nick can get back to work soon, wasn't really buying Hank with the new partner. That wesen was scary, seemed like a mild manner bookworm and turned into a throat tearing monster and I think he enjoyed killing those people. I was hoping one of the US Marshals would have lived instead of both being torn to pieces.

That wesen was creepy in human form. Since Wu took him out with a gun, I do wish that the second marshal had been able to do it, he should have been ready to shoot to kill when he saw the buckets of blood.

Yea..rapidly aged Diana..that's what I'm going with. Because then Juliette can be well and truly dead.

I heartily endorse this theory. Then Adalind can be mama to a really nasty hexie and a sweet baby Grimm. It was just so touching how she wistfully said she hoped Diana was all right. Then onto a sandwich, or whatever.

Renard being on the monitor makes me wonder if it is simple hacking into the police circuits, or is there an uprising person on the force.  Which in turn makes me wonder about Polk (Pogue?).  Would they really introduce a temp partner for Hank if he wasn't significant?  Nah, they could have left Hank solo.  He's involved.

Closed captioning said "Pogue."  I agree - he's there for a reason and it's not just to fill in for Nick as Hank's partner.

I like Adalind so having her on the show is a plus in my world.  If you make me laugh I can forgive a lot of things, and she can make me laugh.  What can I say, I'm very shallow.  So far I think they are playing it pretty low key.  But I do want her to not be needy, I want her to be a lawyer again and be strong and independent.  I don’t care if she and Nick live together for support, but I just don’t like the whole dependent thing.  Cute baby though and I did love the sweat pants when she came home from the hospital though the tighter pants later in the episode didn’t make sense.  I also like the tentative relationship between her and Rosalee. 

That's where I'am at. I like Adalind, so I want to see where this goes. I like the actress. She makes me laugh. And she and Nick are super hot together and have a ton of chemistry. *Shrug*

I think she's being super dependant right now because she just gave birth and because of how she lost Diana. Bringing home a brand new baby is the scariest thing ever. It's all tiny and fragile and the nurses just help you put him in your car, say congratulations/good luck, and then go back inside the hospital while you drive away from all the real grown-ups who actually know what they're doing. Terrifying. Add to that Adalind's history of having her first baby stolen by people she trusted. And having no super powers to protect them if someone comes after them. I can see why she's freaking out. She probably wants to make it extra clear that she (1)really loves Kelly and (2)she doesn't plan on taking him from Nick just to make sure that he doesn't kidnap another one of her babies.

"Isn't Meisner the guy who flew off with Diana? Wouldn't it be funny if Diana was the mastermind behind all this? Ha!"

Yes - I agree. they should do this.  But I don't think they could make her be the creature in the cell because violence involving children turns people's stomachs so would the writers violate a taboo?

"Renard was set up to be a villain in season one, but the writers liked Sasha Roiz so much"

I think he is a great actor, and the character he plays could be the best on the show. As a police chief, it was fun when he did corrupt yet partially ethical things like sending irredeemable criminals to the lion fights (but only with a set of rules). They could probably bring him back in by giving him magical powers or spells to do things or making him pick a goal

I'm not surprised that now we find out the suppressant is temporary (Adalind was way to quick to take it otherwise) but they sure didn't mention that before.

Yeah, they made that potion for Juliette - Adalind just tested it to make sure it worked. There was no mention of it being temporary. If it was, what would have been the point of giving it to Juliette?

Yeah, they made that potion for Juliette - Adalind just tested it to make sure it worked. There was no mention of it being temporary. If it was, what would have been the point of giving it to Juliette?

To give Adalind enough time to safely have her baby and for Nick to retrieve Diana before she left town and left Nick with a once again murderous Juliette.  Thinking of it that way, it is completely consistent with Adalind's character (and, right now, it is the ONLY consistency they have going).

What bothers me is that Rosalee knew about it and, from the way she and Adalind were talking, it sounds like she had known about that from the get-go.  That is possible--Nick wasn't around during the actual manufacture of the potion and Adalind would have had ample offscreen opportunity to tell Rosalee...but then why would Rosalee go along with it--and WHY THE HELL would she then start advocating that Nick shackle himself to a woman who was just going to turn back into a Hexenbiest?

ETA: My son grabbed my mouse and published this before I had finished.  Little stinker.

To give Adalind enough time to safely have her baby and for Nick to retrieve Diana before she left town and left Nick with a once again murderous Juliette.  Thinking of it that way, it is completely consistent with Adalind's character (and, right now, it is the ONLY consistency they have going).

What bothers me is that Rosalee knew about it and, from the way she and Adalind were talking, it sounds like she had known about that from the get-go.  That is possible--Nick wasn't around during the actual manufacture of the potion and Adalind would have had ample offscreen opportunity to tell Rosalee...but then why would Rosalee go along with it--and WHY THE HELL would she then start advocating that Nick shackle himself to a woman who was just going to turn back into a Hexenbiest?

ETA: My son grabbed my mouse and published this before I had finished.  Little stinker.

To give Rosalee a benefit of doubt here, maybe she was still thinking that Juliette could have been redeemed after Adalind skipped town once she got enough time to get her shit together. We do know that Rosalee was still defending Juliette, from last week's episode, so maybe she thought that she could've saved Juliette, by temporary removing her powers, and then that would give every enough time to look for a potion/Mama Renard.

To give Rosalee a benefit of doubt here, maybe she was still thinking that Juliette could have been redeemed after Adalind skipped town once she got enough time to get her shit together. We do know that Rosalee was still defending Juliette, from last week's episode, so maybe she thought that she could've saved Juliette, by temporary removing her powers, and then that would give every enough time to look for a potion/Mama Renard.

Eh, I still have trouble buying that.  If that were the case, why wouldn't Rosalee tell Nick?  The only people who know that Adalind is going to turn back into a raging hexebiest at any moment are Adalind and Rosalee.  And why would Rosalee go to so much trouble to convince Nick that he has to stick around Adalind?  He wanted to leave it all when he went to the hospital when Adalind was in labor, but Rosalee told him he had to stay.

But, what if Adalind is already a raging hexenbiest?  I mean, the idea of Adalind playing everyone like a fiddle to get them to take care of her (and, therefore, to make themselves vulnerableto her) is far more in character than her immediately becoming a nice sweet person.  I can't say that it is being played out this way--except for that self-satisfied smile on Adalind's face when she was sleeping and Nick was in her room (which was all sorts of creepy for other reasons).

I'm probably grasping at straws but, man, I need this Nick/Adalind thing to be OVER.  Plus, Nice Adalind is, at least in my opinion, more boring that Juliette ever was and a complete waste of the actress.

Actually Adalind stated that it was a suppressant not a cure. It would make the Hexenbiest tendencies easier to control. Also, they made a full glass of it to give to Juliette while Adalind drank a small portion of it to see if it worked. No telling what the effects would have been if the entire glass had been consumed.

I'm probably grasping at straws but, man, I need this Nick/Adalind thing to be OVER.  Plus, Nice Adalind is, at least in my opinion, more boring that Juliette ever was and a complete waste of the actress.

Ideally Nick would be single & would pursue his Grimm and cop activites sans the soap opera relationship drama. I have a feeling that Nice Adalind will be around for a while.

I thoughtit was odd that Adalind was allergic to tomatoes, but only if they are raw.  I've never heard of an allergey that acted like that.

Chalk me up to wishing someone would point out to Adalind, that had she not acted all revengy on Nick, Juliette would still be alive and Adalind wouldn't have gotten pregnant. 

I didn't realize that the guy with Chavez was the same guy that helped Adalind with Diana after she was borne.  So thanks all.

Adalind is sure lucky Kelly sleeps a lot.  I wish my babies had done that.  I never got much sleep.

Was really dumb of the Scooby squad to let that woman alone with the computers.  I couldn't believe one of them didn't stay behind with her.

I thoughtit was odd that Adalind was allergic to tomatoes, but only if they are raw.  I've never heard of an allergey that acted like that.

Chalk me up to wishing someone would point out to Adalind, that had she not acted all revengy on Nick, Juliette would still be alive and Adalind wouldn't have gotten pregnant. 

I didn't realize that the guy with Chavez was the same guy that helped Adalind with Diana after she was borne.  So thanks all.

Adalind is sure lucky Kelly sleeps a lot.  I wish my babies had done that.  I never got much sleep.

Was really dumb of the Scooby squad to let that woman alone with the computers.  I couldn't believe one of them didn't stay behind with her.

Re: Tomatoes.  It's a real thing.  Apparently it is some compound in raw tomatoes that changes when cooked (I want to say lycopene, but I think it might be something else)

Re: Sleeping Baby.  Don't worry, once Kelly grows past his sleeping all day phase, they'll hire NBC's resident nanny (you know, Ross and Rachel's) and we'll only see him about once a season to remind us he's alive.  That, my friend, is how TV babies generally work....

I thought it was odd that Adalind was allergic to tomatoes, but only if they are raw.  I've never heard of an allergy that acted like that.

I don't think it's a true allergy, in that exposure to raw tomato doesn't have enough of a reaction to need an epi pen or a visit to the emergency room. 

I get an itchy, scratchy rash if raw tomato juice gets on the backs of my hands, but I can chop tomatoes if I'm careful.  Eating raw tomato only gives me a tiny tingly feeling in my mouth that I don't mind at all.  However, my younger sister gets a slightly more severe rash if fresh tomato juice gets on her skin, and her mouth will feel itchy and swollen if she accidentally ingests it.  It might be psychosomatic, but she gets very uncomfortable if she swallows raw tomato.  She feels like her throat is a little bit more narrow, and feels like swallowing other foods or breathing is a bit more difficult.

However, neither of us have any problem eating cooked tomatoes.  So, bring on the spaghetti, pizza, and lasagna!

On to other things.  I stopped watching last season when I couldn't tolerate Juliette anymore.  Hexen-Juliette was worse than bland Juliette.  And the acting was horrible either way.  But it seems that Julliete might return, so if that happens I'll probably stop watching again.  It's too bad that the actress Bitsi and the actor David are a couple in real life, but none of that chemistry makes it to the screen.  Maybe one or both of them feel too inhibited, like showing real attraction seems like the prelude to making a porno.

It's been a Hollywood truism for years that real-life couples don't make good screen couples. The only exceptions to that tend to be really exceptional actors (Taylor/Burton, Woodward/Newman, Tandy/Cronyn, for example). Other actors who are just kind of average tend to bomb as screen couples. Supposedly, it has to do with too much familiarity, or something.

I sure hope Nick doesn't need to sell his house to be able to afford another place to live, because that house will be on the market FOREVER! Seriously, how much violence and bloodshed have occurred in that house in the past few years? Not to mention the recent rash of murders of several neighbors, with the suspects still at large. (How ARE the police explaining this investigation to the public BTW?)

It SEEMS like a quiet, quaint little Portland neighborhood...but I'd avoid it like the plague. I think this show will have been cancelled before THAT house ever sells.

I sure hope Nick doesn't need to sell his house to be able to afford another place to live, because that house will be on the market FOREVER! Seriously, how much violence and bloodshed have occurred in that house in the past few years? Not to mention the recent rash of murders of several neighbors, with the suspects still at large. (How ARE the police explaining this investigation to the public BTW?)

It SEEMS like a quiet, quaint little Portland neighborhood...but I'd avoid it like the plague. I think this show will have been cancelled before THAT house ever sells.

They can always have a couple that is moving in from California buying that house.

They can always have a couple that is moving in from California buying that house.

Loved that...

But still...prediction on my part.  Something is going to happen to the house.  All these interviews from the actors and creative team talk about how Nick has to protect his son.  Um, protect him from what?  So far, we haven't seen anything that would threaten Kelly.    My guess is that there will be one last act of violence at the house, forcing Nick to move out

especially since it looks like his new digs are a definite "step down."

A pair of actors on a new drama?  LOL.

Nah, I was just thinking of just a couple of extras, that says that they are from California and they are looking to buy a house in the Portland area. That way Nick can get rid of the house, no questions asked, and it's, IMO, a bit of a shoutout to all of the people (IRL) that ended up moving from California to Oregon, within the last two decades or so. 

Nick's aunt warned him to let Juliette go because she could be used to get to him.  But he didn't do it because he loved her too much.  Now that Juliette's is allegedly dead, it's the perfect solution to set Nick free to really GRIMM on the Wesens.  Hank and Wu can hold their own against Wesens, so it's not like Nick has to worry about them.  

Yet here the writers bring in Baby Kelly, another person to be used to hurt Nick.  I'm getting pretty tired of my nice guys in most of the shows I watch never getting a break.  Good grief, I'm so sick of seeing Nick walking around all somber and sad all the time.  

What about Adaline's girl?  Last season Adaline would walk on hot coals to find this child, now she's barely mentioned.  I really don't like the way they've turned this into a soap opera.  Monroe, Bud, and even Wu are great for comedy relief ever so often, but this other stuff going on makes the show even less interesting.  

Someone tuning in the first wouldn't have a clue.

After tonight's episode, I really want Juliette back as well.  I know she slept with Renard (maybe?), burnt the trailer, slept with Kenneth, played a part in Kelly's murder, and tried to kill Nick.  But that doesn't matter!  As Adalind said, you aren't responsible if you're a hexenbiest!  If you can get rid of the 'biest, you are absolved of everything bad that you did!  Unless you're Adalind, then you're still a rapist.

No, really...I just can't with Nick and Adalind and the only way I can see them get rid of that is to bring back Juliette.  I don't care if she's evil or good or just boring (because nice Adalind is just as boring, if not more, than Juliette ever was), just bring her back....

I hate that line of thinking and feel it would be a major misstep (one of many they’ve made the past two seasons) if the writers went down that road.  Being a Hexenbeast does not mean you have no free will; whether under the influence of the "beast" or not, Juliette chose to burn down the trailer and sleep with Renard, just as Adalind chose to make all those bad decisions.

I would prefer it if we found out that being a Hexenbeast just amplifies the traits one already possesses.

And no, please no do not bring Juliette back – I have not be happy with the character since her Sleeping Beauty routine.

I can't decide if they're giving Adalind a redemption arc because they replacing Juliette with her, or they're making her nice so that it will supposedly be a bigger deal when she goes back to being a bitch. Personally, I think that they'll find out that Kelly is really Juliette's kid, Adalind will abandon him & turn Hexenbiest again, & Juliette will come back some how.

Is the baby Kelly Burkhardt too? Or two?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Wait, there are TWO kids? Clearly I have not been watching closely. I thought the one Adalind brought home was the same one that was repeatedly kidnapped. She had a second kid already? Damn you show hiatuses (hiati?)!

I am with the "don't bring Juliette back" crowd. She was OK for a brief period when she helped out the Scooby gang. then she returned to her annoying ways. Just stick with Adalind. She at least has a sense of humor.

Wait, there are TWO kids? Clearly I have not been watching closely. I thought the one Adalind brought home was the same one that was repeatedly kidnapped. She had a second kid already? Damn you show hiatuses (hiati?)!

Oh yeah...you've missed a lot!  Go  over to the Adalind thread and I have a post (posted 10/26) there that should catch you up (I spoilered it, so you only need to read it if you want to.)

I mean to comment on the cops who were transporting the Wesen mentioning that they were about ready to get on the 405.  Well, the 405 is a freeway in southern California.  to my knowledge, there is no "405" in Oregon or in northern California.

I mean to comment on the cops who were transporting the Wesen mentioning that they were about ready to get on the 405.  Well, the 405 is a freeway in southern California.  to my knowledge, there is no "405" in Oregon or in northern California.

Yes there is, it is the westside bypass around Portland.  You can take it from I-5, go around the west side of Portland, and then join I-5 again on the other side.  Trust me, I'm on I-405 about 4 times a week (albeit for less than a mile)...it exists.

Also, the cops said they were at a gas station off of I-405 on Barnes Road, also a real location.

that house will be on the market FOREVER!

Nah, there's always someone willing to either overlook or run with a house's lurid past. Nick and Juliette's house is essentially a lovely home, but there is just a recent ( to the regular world) tragedy or two that happened there. Then the fed dying there last year? It could be a purchased as a destination B&B, like how folks cash in on anything. Not saying I agree, just that I believe that cute house + no overt blood to deal with + nice neighborhood (+/- monetization down the line) = good property.

I just hope Nick doesn't choose an apartment/condo. He's horrible at finding good, defensible, inconspicuous places in a reasonable span of time. ( Three + seasons of the trailer at the train yard, even after Renard and Adalind and a parade of their cronies "found" it. Also not moving it once Juliet was clearly DGAF and murderous. Yeah, still angry at how selectively smart Nick is written.)

I wanted to hug Wu when he was all " I had to do it!" after killing the wesen murderer. Drew, come sit here by me and I'll give you non-magical cookies and hot cocoa.

"Beltways" of interstates are 3-digit numbers consisting of an even number and then the interstate number.  Branches are also 3-digits, but begin with odd numbers.  Thus, when I-85 goes through Atlanta, we have I-285 as the (what we call) the Perimeter Highway.  When I-85 leaves Atlanta, heading NE towards South Carolina, there's a branch heading more northward, to Gainesville, GA called I-985.

When a state has more than one city with a beltway, they use different even numbers, but over the state line, they'll re-use a 3-digit beltway number.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

I stopped watching last season when I couldn't tolerate Juliette anymore. 

This is exactly how I feel about Adalind.  They're losing me.

I've always done okay skipping the Royals/Resistance backstory, but now I'm forced to ff through all the scenes with my favorite character:  Nick's house.

And I don't even know why, but every time they call that baby "Kelly," it grates.

It's been a Hollywood truism for years that real-life couples don't make good screen couples. The only exceptions to that tend to be really exceptional actors (Taylor/Burton, Woodward/Newman, Tandy/Cronyn, for example). Other actors who are just kind of average tend to bomb as screen couples. Supposedly, it has to do with too much familiarity, or something.

I don't know about that.  I remember some of the hottest chemistry between actors together in real life.  Anyone remember the kiss on Alias between Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan while they were dating?  Epic, no holds barred.  On One Tree Hill, they actually switched love interest to Sophia Bush when she and Chad Michael Murray were dating (Not sure how that went after they got divorced) And I'm loving the chemistry between Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin on Gotham. 

Archived