Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Clear and Wesen Danger

formerlyfreedom

As someone who is indifferent to both Juliette & Adalind I feel the need to put in my two cents about what may be developing between Nick and his baby's momma. First things first: good ep, better than last week. I like the subtle way they're showing Renard's frustration with working within the law vs. what he knows as a Wesen as he tries to keep Nick out of the thick of things. Also, as I see Hank fumble with his temp partner I'm really glad they brought Wu in to what's going on. Despite what I'm going to say next, I'm kinda meh on Adalind and Rosalee's "friendship". I don't buy that a woman that just lost her best friend largely in part due to actions caused by the new friend would be that mellow.

Now for my unpopular opinion: I'm willing to see how this Adalind thing plays out. I'm talking about her redemption arc, not a relationship with our favorite Grimm. As people have stated on this forum, Hexenbiest are spiteful and rageful creatures which is what caused Juliette's complete personality transformation. Devil's advocate here--couldn't the removal of the Hexenbiest nature cause a normal woman to emerge? If so, I buy the fact that Adalind could be redeemed. Let's face it, if Juliette was only bad because she was a Hexenbiest it's plausible that Adalind could be normal because she isn't one. Also, from the way various characters touched on the subject I don't think the way the baby was conceived is going to be swept under the rug by any means. Agree or disagree; this is just my opinion *shrugs*

Nick and Adalind sitting in a tree

K-i-s-s-i-n-

Oh hell to the no. Couldn't Nick have just moved little Kelly into the house and left Adalind on the side of a street somewhere? Oh my God, Adalind is playing so shy, sweet, and innocent I want to hurt kittens.  And I like kittens. I don't like Adalind. I loathe Adalind. I loathe Adalind being Juliette's replacement. I loathe her "I don't want to be a Hexenbeiste anymore" sucking up to Nick.

Burn her. Burn her with fire! Then salt the ashes.

I hate how dumb these people are being. Considering the bank robbing Wesen from a previous season delighted in showing themselves to humans, is it really so difficult a leap in logic is that a group of Wesen want to expose themselves to the world and take over?

Other than that, I actually did like the episode. I just needed to vent.

A friend of mine was watching with me. His comment, "I'm tired of seeing people I like being hurt." I can empathize.

Adalind is so going to abscond with the baby once the suppressing potion wears off. Nick will have bonded to Little Kelly, and have his heart ripped out when she's gone.

I want Juliette back, tout de suite.

DeeDee79, you do raise a valid point. Hell, being a Hexenbeiste does really seem like a demonic possession. Sean Renard had to cleanse his soul before trying to break the curse on Juliette. We saw Adalind's Hexenbeiste leave her body after she ingested Nick's blood. For me, it's easier to see a decent person like Juliette falling victim to that type of curse eventually being saved and redeemed to an evil bitch like Adalind being redeemed because of a potion.

I just felt like every scene with Adalind were the show runners toying with me, and it just pissed me off.

DeeDee79, you do raise a valid point. Hell, being a Hexenbeiste does really seem like a demonic possession. Sean Renard had to cleanse his soul before trying to break the curse on Juliette. We saw Adalind's Hexenbeiste leave her body after she ingested Nick's blood. For me, it's easier to see a decent person like Juliette falling victim to that type of curse eventually being saved and redeemed to an evil bitch like Adalind being redeemed because of a potion.

That's just the point I was trying to make. For the duration of the show I've been the main one among my friends that watch wishing for Adalind's quick and painful demise. After Juliette was turned & they started pushing Adalind's transformation after she was suppressed I figured it could be interesting to watch it unfold. Largely due to the fact that Claire Coffee is more engaging in her scenes than Bitsie is; but I'm still not particularly fond of either character.

I have some mixed feelings about this episode...

First the bad, I really hate it when Adalind is on screen acting all nice. Yes, I know that they are trying to redeem her, but I just hate nice quite Adalind. I might understand that she now wants to remain a regular old human, but that probably won't last long and will probably end up causing more crazy stuff. Which could be good or bad for this show. Also the baby's name, Kelly, I find to be annoying since I connect it to Adalind trying to manipulate Nick. Yeah, I know what it means IRL (it's Celtic for "warrior") and it can also be a boys name, but ever time I hear it I think of this song) and I get that they are trying to honor the real Kelly, but it's coming off kind of lame. 

The good, was the rest of the episode. For some reason this episode had a totally different feel to it (and it was very quite), but it was still good to see the WOTW and also have it be connected to the new stroy arc. 

I don't know why, but I don't trust Hank's new partner.  Wesen?

That was my thought, though his mannerisms are more similar to eisbiber behavior rather than something more malevolent.

Can't stand gooey-eyed, seemingly-repentent Adalind, though that may just be because I disliked the character from her first appearance and haven't really changed my opinion about her.

Would kind of like to have Nick unattached and not involved with any potential significant others at all for the next few months or so.

First, interesting episode. It had the two or three stories and focused on them pretty well.

Susan Ruttan needs to be seen more often on TV; she can be great, so I'm disappointed in her suicide. Likewise, I'd just turned over from Dr. Ken, and there's Jonathan Slavin being all villain-y! Another good actor, but at least Mr. Slavin got to have a bit of fun before Wu got to him.

I am starting to not like Meissner. I could be totally wrong, but him skulking in the darkness where Chavez died and then grinning at his bloody mouth don't initially read as good things.  The loosely translated 'free the hidden' could lead to so much mayhem, but I understand the sentiment, I think.  It could be a "rogue" group of wesen who are tired of the Masquerade/ hiding from humans; they just want to quit lying and live and be accepted. There would be many factions that would want to shut that down, probably not least of all the Royals.  I'm not sure where that puts The Resistance we've seen before, or Meissner or Chavez and her merry band of kidnappers.  One of the things to be concerned about is that they seemed to be aware of Renard and potentially his importance. That will be bad for him, minimum. 

I liked Pogue; he was a basic murder cop who was Hank. I like that Hank is feeling acutely what Nick  was going through, just without the ability to confirm on his own.  It wasn't just Nick being frustrated this week and Pogue's correct anger at seemingly being cut out of the loop was real. Can he survive the season, Show? Please?

I am unsure how I to take the portrayal of Adalind. The acts of vileness that she's perpetrated have been gone over quite a bit here. Yet, she is the mother of a child, so far, thought to be Nick's son.  Being civil and non-murderous should be a given, as she has seemed genuinely contrite. Not giving her a pass, because there should be no romantic chemistry between Nick and Adalind. You can raise a child, eat a meal, share a house, but you do not have to be in a romantic relationship with the person who raped you and Hank.  

IA with the poster who mentioned that Rosalee was pretty chill about Adalind, but that's because Rosalee is classy and isn't going to throw that at Adalind in the middle of labor or as she's trying to settle in with her child in the guest bedroom.  Rosalee wasn't scared off, but she was uneasy with the label of "Adalind's friend."  Which is another sad note to the character of Adalind.  While the hexenbiest is suppressed I believe Adalind's wish to be rid of that is genuine, but if they can't act for Plot Reasons, then I'm not sure how to feel about that. They were potioning folks left, right and center, and not always willingly, in the last third or so of last season. I was happily surprised that Adalind offered up some condolence to Nick. 

IA with Monroe that the house has bad vibes after everything from the last four seasons. It's good that Nick recognized that and that may be dealt with swiftly.  I just don't want a rom-com Nick 'n' Adalind thing to happen. Too much has gone down for that to be anything but reasonable co-parents and maybe neighbors. (I doubt it, but a duplex would fit them just fine. I'm pretty sure just one home or apartment will end up the new digs.)

The previews aren't lifting my spirits, but  next week could be okay.  I'm trying to fight my skepticism.

If so, I buy the fact that Adalind could be redeemed. Let's face it, if Juliette was only bad because she was a Hexenbiest it's plausible that Adalind could be normal because she isn't one.

Yeah, that's the story I feel they are pushing. I really didn't buy it last season as Juliette went into her rage spiral but I find I'm willing to just say, sure, fine and move on.  I never disliked Juliette until she burned down the trailer and from then on I enjoyed hating her more and more and last week, my biggest concern (and it still lingers) was that Juliette might NOT be dead.  IF I'm supposed to accept that Juliette was basically poisoned by what she became, then Adalind now could be the equivalent of someone getting dried out from a mind altering substance. 

The thing that irks me is if they find a "cure" for Adalind but couldn't for Juliette.  Like I said, I don't want Juliette back.  Those bridges are burned.

Over all, I'm still enjoying the show.  I don't hate Adalind 2.0 and everyone else is great still.     

When did Rosalee become the expert on babycare?    She was all "if you guys need anything just call."   What can she do that the parents can't?   It's not like she has raised a passel of kids, let alone one herself.  

Apparently, redemption of Adalind means helpless  "Oh Nick, I have no job, nowhere to go and a kid."   Fool, you used to be a lawyer, as far as we know you've never been disbarred.   Go see if you can get your old job back.   Go find another one.   Hang out your damn shingle.   Geez.   Jsut stop with trying to make Nick your Knight in Shining Armor.   And I am not one who gets all upset over women who not always portrayed as badass.   But this is someone who has resources if she would just bloody use them.

As for everything else, umm what?   Yeah, still a mess.  

I simply do not and can not understand why all of our heroes are warm and fuzzy to Adalind. She has, indirectly at least, a part of Juliette's death. And she has, in one way or the other, to different extent, screwed up with ALL of their lives. And so far, I have not seen Adalind does anything that merits their affection. The baby? It is a product of rape.

She was all "if you guys need anything just call."   What can she do that the parents can't?

Give Adalind a break for a nap or something without worrying about the baby. With Nick running off at all hours to fight the newest wesen menace, Adalind is effectively alone with a newborn just a couple of days later. Her previous pregnancy had the benefit of the Royals taking care of stuff. A shower or a nap is a godsend, even when you love your kid to pieces. Plus, the child is non-verbal, so someone to talk to, as we saw this episode, is nice. Rosalee is being a classy lady, which shouldn't have to be celebrated, but I will.

Fool, you used to be a lawyer, as far as we know you've never been disbarred.   Go see if you can get your old job back.   Go find another one.   Hang out your damn shingle.   Geez.

This is solely the province of the writers. Not the character.

Apparently, redemption of Adalind means helpless  "Oh Nick, I have no job, nowhere to go and a kid."   Fool, you used to be a lawyer, as far as we know you've never been disbarred.   Go see if you can get your old job back.   Go find another one.   Hang out your damn shingle.   Geez.   Jsut stop with trying to make Nick your Knight in Shining Armor.   And I am not one who gets all upset over women who not always portrayed as badass.   But this is someone who has resources if she would just bloody use them.

Indeed. Adalind was a high-profile lawyer with nice home. There is no reason at all that she needs to rely on a Police Detective salary, particularly that the Detective is now living single-income (thanks to her in part).

Oh but at least we finally settled the house ownership question.   It was suggested that Nick sell it, and he seemed to be considering it.   Of course, he might have to prove Juliette is dead if her name is on it and there is joint ownership with the right of survivorship.   But it is clearly not Juliette's house only.   Or Nick wouldn't have any right to sell it at all.

I can't believe I just saw an episode with a whole bunch of Nick and Adalind having a domesticated life, and being civil and "nice" to each other.  This show is so weird.  Especially since Adalind still raped Nick and everything, but I guess this show doesn't give a shit.  Or it's more of a "Remember kids!  Rape is bad... unless she looks like Claire Coffee!" kind of thing, which really wouldn't be new for this genre.  And I at least can tell myself they still have ways to go to catch up to Once Upon A Time on that front.

I am so with Monroe on the house.  That damn thing is cursed.  Just get the fuck out of there, Nick!  But I suspect the deciding factor is probably going to be if the producers/NBC feel like building another set or not.  It might be tough, since I'm sure that isn't on top of NBC's budget list.  I'm sure it is at least few rungs below James Spader's paychecks (and hats!), trying to own every part of Chicago, and all the ink for Jaimie Alexander's tattoos.  Don't be stingy, peacock!

I actually enjoyed the case of the week and how Nick's suspension led to Hank being paired with a normal person (or is he?), and trying to hide everything.  And it also lead to Wu doing a lot for the case, which I always approve of.  And the actor playing the killer Wesen was very good.

That said, if next week starts off with Adalind baking Nick cookies, I might have to bail (Hank and Wu would too, considering the history those two have with Adalind and cookies....)

Now for my unpopular opinion: I'm willing to see how this Adalind thing plays out. I'm talking about her redemption arc, not a relationship with our favorite Grimm. As people have stated on this forum, Hexenbiest are spiteful and rageful creatures which is what caused Juliette's complete personality transformation. Devil's advocate here--couldn't the removal of the Hexenbiest nature cause a normal woman to emerge? If so, I buy the fact that Adalind could be redeemed. Let's face it, if Juliette was only bad because she was a Hexenbiest it's plausible that Adalind could be normal because she isn't one. Also, from the way various characters touched on the subject I don't think the way the baby was conceived is going to be swept under the rug by any means. Agree or disagree; this is just my opinion *shrugs*

Re your opinion about removing the hexenbiest to let the woman emerge...I could go with that EXCEPT there was a period of time already when Adalind was not a hexenbiest, and she was still a spiteful and rageful creature.  So, I disagree (vehemently...although it could have been a good theory).

Nick and Adelind are going to have to mutually consent to sleep together. It is the show's only hope of getting past the whole "rape baby" problem. Kind of like the Luke and Laura thing on 'General Hospital". Luke was Laura's rapist but they ended up having the biggest wedding of the year. 

I thought this was a pretty good episode. You could really see the awkwardness of Nick and Adelind living together. Adelind being so nice is odd. She wasn't acting very badly before she took the suppressant.  She was actually kind of helpful. I'm expecting her to turn back into a hexenbiest so she can be her old failure as a villain self again.  

I don't know why, but I don't trust Hank's new partner.  Wesen?

That was my thought, though his mannerisms are more similar to eisbiber behavior rather than something more malevolent.

Oh, yeah, I think so.  I thought eisbiber or one of the mousy types.

I can't believe I just saw an episode with a whole bunch of Nick and Adalind having a domesticated life, and being civil and "nice" to each other.  This show is so weird.  Especially since Adalind still raped Nick and everything, but I guess this show doesn't give a shit.  Or it's more of a "Remember kids!  Rape is bad... unless she looks like Claire Coffee!" kind of thing, which really wouldn't be new for this genre.  And I at least can tell myself they still have ways to go to catch up to Once Upon A Time on that front.

I am so with Monroe on the house.  That damn thing is cursed.  Just get the fuck out of there, Nick!  But I suspect the deciding factor is probably going to be if the producers/NBC feel like building another set or not.  It might be tough, since I'm sure that isn't on top of NBC's budget list.  I'm sure it is at least few rungs below James Spader's paychecks (and hats!), trying to own every part of Chicago, and all the ink for Jaimie Alexander's tattoos.  Don't be stingy, peacock!

I actually enjoyed the case of the week and how Nick's suspension led to Hank being paired with a normal person (or is he?), and trying to hide everything.  And it also lead to Wu doing a lot for the case, which I always approve of.  And the actor playing the killer Wesen was very good.

That said, if next week starts off with Adalind baking Nick cookies, I might have to bail (Hank and Wu would too, considering the history those two have with Adalind and cookies....)

The peacock got some shade on this week's 'Arrow' episode, featuring John Constantine from 'Constantine'. He scratched his back with a dead peacock feather. LOL.

Rape is rape, no matter if the victim is female or male. It really hasn't been addressed on the show.

I didn't mind Adalind. I doubt she will stay 'normal' and wanting a simple and uncomplicated life. She can go back to work and rebuild her life once her maternity leave ends.

I did wonder if it was Juliette or Trouble behind the locked door.

Wow...that was...really, really terrible.

Let me start with what I did like:

1 - Meisner.  Because he's hot and, right now, he's the only intriguing character on this show.  Well, maybe I'd include Renard in that (did you see him show up no the lady's computer when she was erasing the files.  I think he might be being a little sneaky again!).

2 - I can't say that I liked Pogue especially (he was a little too trope-ish to me), but I liked the set up that Hank had to work with a non-Grimm for a while.  I wish they had carried that out a bit more instead of having Hank call Nick the first chance he had.

Now, what I did not like.

1 - ADALIND.  Holy crap, she actually gets worse...well, what she's doing is pretty much proving my theory right: Nice Adalind = Boring Adalind. I get that they are trying to do some great redemption arc with her--which I HATE, not only because I think the character is beyond redemption, but also because I have absolutely no interest in a redeemed Adalind.  If I have to watch Adalind, I want her to be evil.  Well, evil-ish. At least then she isn't beyond boring. But, back to the redemption arc.  If they want to give her a redemption arc, they have to give her a redemption ARC.  That means gradually changing her character.  Instead they just flipped a freaking switch.  Now Adalind is nice and she never wants to be a hexenbiest again.  Really?  This from a woman who intentionally got herself knocked up so that she could sell a royal baby to be able to do a ritual that involves killing someone else and then doing disgusting things with the corpse so that she could be a hexenbiest again?  I wonder what kind of idiot the creative team thinks its viewers are.

2 - ADALIND.  Yep, still on her.  So.....nice little info nugget there that the suppression was temporary.  So, um, your plan was to get Nick to give Juliette the potion, get Nick to get Diana for you, skip town, and then leave Nick with a crazy-again Juliette.  That's awfully classy.  Oh, and Rosalee knew about this????

3 - The writing.  Guys, it was terrible.  I felt so bad for the actors trying to work with some of those lines.  And they writers still haven't figured out how to convey information to the viewers without SPELLING IT OUT EXPLICITLY.

4 - The direction.  This was one of Norberto Barba's eps and I really expected better.  No one seemed comfortable with anything.  Except Adalind, the woman who had a c-section 24 hours before--and should still have been IN THE HOSPITAL and certainly wouldn't be walking up and down stairs and carrying a baby around.  I really wonder how this creative team functions in this world when they have NO CLUE about 51% of the population.

I will say that I'm holding out hope for the next episode, only because it is a Rosalee-centric one.  But, that's about it.

I told someone that I had never seen a show hit the crapper so completely and quickly as Grimm did the last half of season 4.  I was wrong...season 5 (so far) is so much worse....

I want Juliette back, tout de suite.

So, confession time....

After tonight's episode, I really want Juliette back as well.  I know she slept with Renard (maybe?), burnt the trailer, slept with Kenneth, played a part in Kelly's murder, and tried to kill Nick.  But that doesn't matter!  As Adalind said, you aren't responsible if you're a hexenbiest!  If you can get rid of the 'biest, you are absolved of everything bad that you did!  Unless you're Adalind, then you're still a rapist.

No, really...I just can't with Nick and Adalind and the only way I can see them get rid of that is to bring back Juliette.  I don't care if she's evil or good or just boring (because nice Adalind is just as boring, if not more, than Juliette ever was), just bring her back....

I enjoyed the episode WAY more than the season premiere. Let's just say the writers suck at writing the big arc episodes, and should stick to the case of the weeks. I couldn't help but chuckle at the cast standing there in the cold staring at badly drawn claw marks on the wall.

Wasn't the "Something is coming" line already used by the Queen Been Wesen in season 1, the episode with the bees killing Adalind's lawyer friends? It was called "Beeware", yep cheesy as hell title. Is it the same bad guys and are the writers just lazy and just decided to reused a plot they threw away 4 seasons ago?

Nick and Adalind playing house with baby made me sick. I don't care about how cute the baby is, it is still a rape baby which creeps the hell out of me along with this entire storyline. Also do they seriously think the audience will think Nick will sell the house? I'll cost money to build a new house set for Nick to live in, this is the same show that make us want to believe Nick stayed at Monroe's house while Juliette kicked him out during the flop Amnesia storyline.

At this point, I think Meissner is only there for fanservice for the female audience. He is doing nothing except standing there looking shifty. Expect him to lose his shirt in a few episodes.

Anyone else notice that Bitsie Tulloch's name was not in the opening credits in this week's episode, or did I miss it? If Juliette is still in the main cast then Tulloch's name should always be there.

Would kind of like to have Nick unattached and not involved with any potential significant others at all for the next few months or so.

This, actually, would have been a great development.  Kill Adalind in childbirth, keep Juliette dead, and let Nick deal with being a single parent.  That is far more compelling to me than this Nick and Adalind shit show.

I can't decide if they're giving Adalind a redemption arc because they replacing Juliette with her, or they're making her nice so that it will supposedly be a bigger deal when she goes back to being a bitch. Personally, I think that they'll find out that Kelly is really Juliette's kid, Adalind will abandon him & turn Hexenbiest again, & Juliette will come back some how.

Is the baby Kelly Burkhardt too? Or two?

Goddammit writers.  Adalind is going down this redemptive arc where, when she is apart from her hexenbeist, she's just a normal and nice lady now?  That scene with her and Nick and freaking ham and cheese sandwiches just irritated me.  Oh no, Chekov's gun, she's allergic to tomatoes and she's totally impressed by a ham and cheese sandwich.

I always thought Adalind was sophisticated, speaks a few languages and is a lawyer.  She did everything in her power to regain her hexenbeist but now that she is human and has a rape baby with a grimm, she's floored by ham and cheese sandwiches and an inability to classify what her and Nick's baby might be...she sold out her first kid to get her power back, freaking make up your mind!

Adelind used to be independent with a career, schemes and a strong will. I think she had to take care of herself because her mother was not supportive.

Now the show has made her dependent on a man. Thanks. TV needs more women who can't make it on their own without their special super powers. 

I do not want Juliette back.

At all.

Ever.

When Nick mentioned her, I had a fear that he would say her name three times to conjure her. 

If Juliette is in the dark cell, I'm sure she'll be back as an even more powerful hexenbiest. 

As for Adalind, I guess I feel she and Nick are kind of even. He held her down and molested her as well. I would like to see them work through it and at least mention how this baby came into the world, though. Definitely. And I do get why she was paranoid, what with the "good guys" basically taking her baby away from her against her will.

Adalind doesn't get a pass for raping Nick.  However, Nick and his gang don't get a pass for making the decision to give her baby to somebody else.  Did the Scooby gang ever tell her where Diana is?

The writers grew tired of both wrongs.  Instead, they now want to focus on the Odd Couple.

Also, also, if the theory is that if they remove the monster from Juliette, she can go back to taking care of kittens, then it should go for Adalind as well.

And if Adalind was evil as a hexenbiest and needs to be fully responsible for her actions as such, the same should be said about Juliette's actions as a hexenbiest.

Re: Adalind.  I hate that she's become dependent on other people.  She used to be a successful lawyer and had a backbone in S1.  It's irritating that Adalind isn't more concerned about Diana.  (Same with Renard.) 

Both baby storylines were a mistake.  The writers grew tired of Diana and dropped her somewhere in Europe.

Re: Nick.  Adalind doesn't have a backbone, but neither does Nick.  He's still reminiscing about the hexenbiest who arranged the murder of his mother and who came back to the house to murder him. 

Re: Meisner.  I doubt that a mere mortal could have handled whatever was in the cell. 

The WOTW was a good story.  The writers are better when they focus on the procedural of the show.  It was nice to see the perspective of trying to deal with a wesen criminal.  Or the perspective of the US Marshalls, who didn't realize how dangerous their perp is.

Hank is the best character on this show.  He can have such a calm personality.  He was frustrated as he was with handling the case because he knows about wesen.

I'm 99% sure the staircase in the office building where the embezzling wesen worked was the same one used in the new Wolfram & Hart office during the last season of Angel (which is the same staircase that was used on the Brady Bunch). Should I assume that was David Greenwalt's doing? I got so excited when I saw it again!

As beautiful as Nick's house is, I don't blame Monroe for suggesting that he move. He's right - there has been so much death and destruction in that house that a change of venue would be good for him.

I didn't like Juliette and I still don't like Adalind so I would be fine with both of them being gone. While I agree with the previous posters who don't like the obvious attempts at redeeming Adalind,  I am willing to cut the character a little bit of slack right now - not for her past actions which were truly horrendous but for the way she's acting at the moment. I am okay with her seeming vulnerable and scared for the very reasons she stated: she now has a baby but no job, no home, no friends, and no means of supporting herself let alone a baby too. Before now, she was always scheming or had some sort of goal to focus on, but now she is floundering and realizing that she has nothing.

After losing Diana, I think she is determined to hold on to Kelly at any cost, but she knows that she doesn't really have the means to give Kelly anything at the moment. I don't think she wants to be dependent upon Nick for money, food, or a home but she still hasn't figured out how to get all that back for herself (although to me, the most obvious choice is go back to being a lawyer since it pays well). When she said she didn't want anything to happen to Nick, I think that was more about wanting Kelly to have a father (not Adalind being starry eyed about wanting to be in a relationship with him) but also in this moment knowing that if something happens to him, she willl be out on the street. Please, writers, let my assumptions be true because I do not want to see this relationship progress into anything romantic or sexual.

When did Rosalee become the expert on babycare?    She was all "if you guys need anything just call."   What can she do that the parents can't?   It's not like she has raised a passel of kids, let alone one herself.

She never claimed to be an expert on childcare. She was just offering help. Sometimes parents need a break so they can shower, take a nap, do some laundry, etc. especially in the early days when they are exhausted and overwhelmed. And you don't need to have a brood of your own kids to know how to babysit. Changing diapers or feeding a baby isn't rocket science. I babysat newborns and their siblings when I was in middle school. I fed them, burped them, changed their diapers, etc. without any incident so I'm sure that Rosalee will be just as capable despite not having any of her own kids yet.

I can't believe I just saw an episode with a whole bunch of Nick and Adalind having a domesticated life, and being civil and "nice" to each other.  This show is so weird.

The hilarious thing is that on a show about wesen, Nick and Adalind trying to live together peacefully is the weirdest part.

Hank and Wu taking charge were the best things about this episode, along with the wesen embezzler.  Nick is not Nick, and Renard is back to bland, issuing staccato orders, bleh.  Meisner is now menacing, that's a little interesting.  Waaaaay too much Adalind.  Maybe she will die by tomato, as suggested above.  Raw tomato, cooked is OK.  Because we have to have the scene where she cooks the bolognese. 

As someone who is indifferent to both Juliette & Adalind I feel the need to put in my two cents about what may be developing between Nick and his baby's momma. First things first: good ep, better than last week. I like the subtle way they're showing Renard's frustration with working within the law vs. what he knows as a Wesen as he tries to keep Nick out of the thick of things. Also, as I see Hank fumble with his temp partner I'm really glad they brought Wu in to what's going on. Despite what I'm going to say next, I'm kinda meh on Adalind and Rosalee's "friendship". I don't buy that a woman that just lost her best friend largely in part due to actions caused by the new friend would be that mellow.

I agree about most.  Adaline does not want to be a hexenbiest any longer and part of that is people have shown her kindness.  I can buy the transformation.

I can't decide if they're giving Adalind a redemption arc because they replacing Juliette with her, or they're making her nice so that it will supposedly be a bigger deal when she goes back to being a bitch. Personally, I think that they'll find out that Kelly is really Juliette's kid, Adalind will abandon him & turn Hexenbiest again, & Juliette will come back some how.

I still have no idea what the Juliette stuff was last season.

I do not want Juliette back.

At all.

Ever.

Get someone to replace her who is interesting and kind and beautiful and can freaking show an emotion on her face who can replace Juliette.

But freaking A, I cannot.

Same here, but I'm anticipating the worst.

No, really...I just can't with Nick and Adalind and the only way I can see them get rid of that is to bring back Juliette.  I don't care if she's evil or good or just boring (because nice Adalind is just as boring, if not more, than Juliette ever was), just bring her back....

I don't see them doing that since they gave Nick and Adalind a baby, if anything it'll make it even worse with Juliette since they'll probably make it a love triangle or something to drag the show even more.

Let's face it, if Juliette was only bad because she was a Hexenbiest it's plausible that Adalind could be normal because she isn't one.

The last time Adalind wasn't a Hexenbiest, she gave Juliette the cat-scratch poison to put her in a coma from which Renard had to wake her, resulting in the amnesia about Nick and the bizarro obsession between Renard and Juliette. Meanwhile, she slept with both Renard and his brother to get herself knocked up, and then used the baby as a bargaining chip with the royals and sold it to the gypsies so she could get her powers back via bloody rituals.

So not being a Hexenbiest doesn't change all that much for Adalind.

Adalind doesn't get a pass for raping Nick.  However, Nick and his gang don't get a pass for making the decision to give her baby to somebody else.  Did the Scooby gang ever tell her where Diana is?

Re: Meisner.  I doubt that a mere mortal could have handled whatever was in the cell. 

Re: Adalind and "the pass."  I may start type-yelling here and I just want you to know that this is not directed at you (I spent too much time on the FB thread last night).  Nick, actually, did not make the decision to give Diana to someone else.  Diana's father did.  Nick was, at best, a reluctant accessory to the whole thing.  Does that excuse him completely?  Of course not...at any time he could have said, "Mom, you're on your own on this one."  But, no.  

However, I AM SO FREAKIN' SICK of the whatever it was of Diana being used to condone Adalind's later behavior.  Did we forget that:

1. Adalind purposefully conceived Diana for absolutely no other reason than to sell her to get her powers back?
  2. In doing so, she willingly played a part in the murder of someone else (another hexenbiest, but whatever) and then mutilated the body?
  3. She signed a freakin' magical contract over this?
  4. She DID get her powers back, but she never followed through on her part of the deal?

If anyone was kidnapping/stealing in this situation, it was Adalind, not Nick.  Frankly, Renard was--well, maybe not within his rights, but at least somewhat close to them--to give Diana away.  ALL-EVERY SINGLE BIT--of Adalind's previous behavior pointed to the fact that she was an unfit mother and Renard, as a father, made the choice to do what was best for his child (a consideration that Adalind actually never made)  Okay, no, it wasn't quite like that....I get it.  But what I'm saying is that the kidnapping justifies the rape argument doesn't hold a drop of water.

Now, as for Meisner.  No, he is DEFINITELY not KSK!  I guess we'll just have to see if he's a Grimm or Wesen...

As beautiful as Nick's house is, I don't blame Monroe for suggesting that he move. He's right - there has been so much death and destruction in that house that a change of venue would be good for him.

I mean, I agree with Monroe on this completely...but I thought the way that all was written--everything from Monroe's conversation with Nick to Nick's conversation with Adalind (I'm sorry...why does she have any input on this?) was just badly written.  Actually, I thought the whole episode was badly written, but that was a pretty obvious chunk of it.

Hank and Wu taking charge were the best things about this episode, along with the wesen embezzler.  Nick is not Nick, and Renard is back to bland, issuing staccato orders, bleh.  Meisner is now menacing, that's a little interesting.  Waaaaay too much Adalind.  Maybe she will die by tomato, as suggested above.  Raw tomato, cooked is OK.  Because we have to have the scene where she cooks the bolognese. 

This was a really good year for tomatoes....I think Nick should buy them in bulk.  And make lots and lots of sandwiches.

Really, though...that was such an out of left field detail.  I mean, it had better come into play at some point (in a show of magic, Adalind is finally vanquished by a....TOMATO!  Dun dun dun).

I can see Monroe thinking the house has a lot of bad memories because everything that went down there.   But most of it went down because Nick is a Grimm.    Which means if Wesen or what is coming keep going after him, it doesn't really matter where he lives.   It's just something about Nick.    Because I am pretty sure Aunt Marie wasn't getting attacked in her home every other week.   Nick might have noticed that while he was growing up.

Now, as for Meisner.  No, he is DEFINITELY not KSK!  I guess we'll just have to see if he's a Grimm or Wesen...

Can Grimms recognize each other?  Trying to remember what happened when Teresa first came.  I was thinking that if they could, Kelly should have known Meisner was one and maybe shared that info with Nick for possible future contacts?  I take it that it was Meisner who cleaned up Nick's house since it was probably he who cleaned up the warehouse mess.  What I can't figure is why he wanted to cover the claw marks and impede the Grimm gang.  If the uprising is coming and even a Grimm can't stop it, why does Meisner want to hide the identity of the insurgents? 

Can Grimms recognize each other?  Trying to remember what happened when Teresa first came.  I was thinking that if they could, Kelly should have known Meisner was one and maybe shared that info with Nick for possible future contacts?  I take it that it was Meisner who cleaned up Nick's house since it was probably he who cleaned up the warehouse mess.  What I can't figure is why he wanted to cover the claw marks and impede the Grimm gang.  If the uprising is coming and even a Grimm can't stop it, why does Meisner want to hide the identity of the insurgents? 

If I remember correctly, when Teresa first came into town, it was Monroe who recognized her as a Grimm and not Nick. 

this episode answered a few questions. I know it's unrealistic to demand too much from a fantasy show. But, what happened to Juliette's vet coworkers or friends. They never drop by to see where she went? The body disappeared so there was no funeral. Nick must have his name on the house title, but could he sell w/o her also signing? Maybe he could rent it out.

I think officer Pogue is nonmagical, because the show required a few more muggles.

The most unrealistic thing could have been the Marshalls stopping at a gas station bathroom.

I like how the writers are taking a few episodes to let us understand Meisner. Why doesn't he call Renard, who he knows? Kelly used to work with Meisner.

this episode answered a few questions. I know it's unrealistic to demand too much from a fantasy show. But, what happened to Juliette's vet coworkers or friends. They never drop by to see where she went? The body disappeared so there was no funeral. Nick must have his name on the house title, but could he sell w/o her also signing? Maybe he could rent it out.

Yeah, if Juliette is dead or missing then where are her other friends, family, and co-workers calling about where she is? Have they already called the police and filed a missing person report and are the police investigating her disappearance?

Yeah, if Juliette is dead or missing then where are her other friends, family, and co-workers calling about where she is? Have they already called the police and filed a missing person report and are the police investigating her disappearance?

The only reason why I think Juliette's disappearance isn't even brought by her friends and family is because the writers are planning to bring her back, and they want to completely avoid the "I thought I saw you at your funeral" comments.

The only time Juliette's friends were seen was the first three seasons. Does Juliette even have a personal life anymore? Juliette never felt like a real character with her own history, instead she has always been an accessory to Nick.

Another thing (I do like several of the new directions in the script)... I was interested in this whole computer control room that the embezzler and his lion/(loewen) friend had set up, before committing suicide. A laptop would suffice for simple financial fraud and even a lot of major hacking. In real life, I work at a electric utility in Portland (the show Portlandia actually used us as the set for when they pretended that the town of Portland had their power turned off because the mayor forgot to pay the bill). There is a control room where a team of staff balance the transmission grid and input from generation plants, and it has a wall of computers like that.

So I like it - the 'big evil' that these two were connected to, involves a lot of intensive computer monitoring or surveillance. Maybe it was slightly unrealistic for her to push some buttons to delete the files - she should have just encrypted whatever they were doing.

Also, a year ago, Meisner was part of the resistance against either parts of the royal families or all the royals, because they said that his girlfriend had been killed by them. Maybe they'll have to explain what the royals really want? Were there really 7 royal families like in Game of thrones? Poor Sebastian once commented that he was suspicious of Meisner's bohemian background in Berlin could mean he has flakey qualities. I don't know how Meisner could have become totally bad so I doubt it. But he does seem to be pretty well resourced and has a plan going.

I liked the characters last week, this week I also liked the plot. The Weisen uprising has potential, I think.

It's my first season of seeing Wu in the known, and I enjoy it! I hope that Hank new partner isn't Weisen, I find it more interesting to see Hank and Wu in S1-S2 Nick's shoes.

Rosalee is still the best, Monroe/Rosalee are still cute and I still love how D.Giuntoli plays Nick.

I want Nick single and if he has to have a romantic storyline, I want him with somebody new.

That said...in spite of everything, I have to say that Nick and Adalind have chemistry. I don't want them to, but it's all in my face. I'd rather if they managed to be friends. I don't like the idea of them. But it's weird, as much as I hate the idea on the paper, I'm actually engaged in their scenes. It's like the anti-Nick/Juliette for me: on the paper, I got it, I wanted to like it, but their scenes had no appeal whatsoever for me... before S2, when I became allergic to Juliette.

I understood Adalind freaking out because she was within 48 hours of giving birth so she had a truckload of hormones in her sytem, plus the trauma of her first-born being taken away from her. Then, for me there were two issues with Adalind's behavior. The first was her Hexenbiest nature. The second was her education, because what we saw of her mother screamed parental abuse -and there was her infatuation with Renard who was the Big Bad then and used her.

I stopped watching before the Nick Zombie finale, so maybe this explains my POV. But from what I've seen, I'm willing to believe that losing her Hexenbiest nature and her first-born (experiencing true love and loss for the first time) plus realizing thanks to Nick's gang and Rosalee in particular that some people aren't only aiming at using her, could lead her on a redemptive path.

But the writers have to stick to one direction for the character, imo.

And nothing, N-O-T-H-I-N-G will ever make me want Juliette back. Ever, evah.

Renard featuring on the files the actress from LA Law (I think?) sent before taking the jump out of the window makes me hope that he's going to get a more significant storyline.

Hi all.

This used to be such a great show, it's sad what it's come down to.

Baby or no baby, how in the heck does Nick bring Adalind into the home that he & Juliettte shared??

After everything Adalind has done!

Lets rewind::

**In Season 1, Adalind had a hand in Aunt Marie's death. Then, she made cookies that she wanted Nick & Hank to eat. Instead, poor Wu ate one. Then he ate his couch and his carpet....

After that, Juliette gets scratched by A.'s cat & falls into a coma.

**S.2:: Juliette wakes up with the Renards help- & they become obsessed with each other. Oh & Juliette can't even remember him!! (Adalind's fault!)

**S.3:: The beginning of the end::

Evil Adalind disguises herself as Juliette & has sex with Nick. In the process, A. gets pregnant & Nick loses his Grimmness,

**S.4:: Juliette helps Nick get his powers back & as a big "thank you", she's turned into a Hexenbiest.

If Adalind wouldn't have done that, Aunt Marie's trailer would still be standing. Kelly & Juliette would still be alive too.

I never quit on a show when I started watching it from the beginning. But this may be the first. I don't know if I could stand it if Nick & Adalind got together.

How can Nick just forget all that?? I don't think the Hexenbiest makes someone evil. But I think that it brings the evil out that the person already has- if they let it. Look at Renard. He's similar to a Hexenbiest & he's ok. So you can't blame it on that!

I long for the day that evil Hexenbitch gets what she's deserved since the first season.

So, are they setting this up for Meisner training Juliette to be the most awesomest hexenbiest ever, she comes to town, and there's defenseless Adalind. Then either she decides that holy crap, she's defenseless, and she has to protect her baby, so she takes back her powers or they continue down the helpless route? I think Juliette returning will be some sort of trigger for Adalind one way or the other.

The amount of handwaving they're doing for Adalind's past behavior to me is proof this will be the path they take with Juliette.

That's Juliette in the cage they're definitely bringing her back, and I'm going to throw up and decide whether I want to continue watching.

Exactly and my worst case scenario is that it moves into love triangle territory with them, since they have Adalind's baby named after his mom.

Renard featuring on the files the actress from LA Law (I think?) sent before taking the jump out of the window makes me hope that he's going to get a more significant storyline.

Renard being on the monitor makes me wonder if it is simple hacking into the police circuits, or is there an uprising person on the force.  Which in turn makes me wonder about Polk (Pogue?).  Would they really introduce a temp partner for Hank if he wasn't significant?  Nah, they could have left Hank solo.  He's involved. 

Thank you Otter Mommy for listing Adalind's misdeeds. I wanted to scream whever she was described as a good mother to Diana. Good mothers don't try to sell their children. I think she's taking advantage of Nick's vulnerabilty by moving in with him. Nick has no obligation to raise this child since he was raped in order to conceive him.

With the sudden disappearance of Juliette's body and Kelly's head, Trubel missing, and Nick the only witness, it's hard to believe any of it really happened. And just like that, Nick's family is suddenly replaced by Adalind and son. It's weird. Plus Nick is seriously repressing his grief. I keep expecting him to dissolve into a puddle of tears at some point. His actions are puzzling. Are we supposed to believe that after the big fight with Chavez, Nick just went back to the hospital to take a nap? Why didn't he call the gang over to investigate while he was there? It seemed awfully contrived to give the clean-up crew just enough time to erase the crime scene. Then he invites Adalind to live in his house and chit-chats with her over sandwiches after matter-of-factly stating that Juliette is dead. Huh? It's like he's checked-out.

Isn't Meisner the guy who flew off with Diana? Wouldn't it be funny if Diana was the mastermind behind all this? Ha! Well... maybe if she fell into a hell dimension, aged suddenly, and came back with mother issues... it's not like Greenwalt hasn't pulled this before. In any case, I didn't even consider that it could be Juliette behind that door. Crap! I only started watching again to see her get killed off, hoping that the show might improve without her. So far, it hasn't. At least Meisner is easy on the eyes.

Archived