Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: The Senator In The Street Sweeper

WendyCR72

A pair of funny sanitation workers discover the shredded body of a U.S. Senator in a street sweeper, which leads Brennan, Booth and the team to Capitol Hill, where they meet with U.S. Senator and majority whip Hayley Winters and the victim's chief of staff Eric Morales to get to the bottom of this political murder. Meanwhile, as Aubrey starts to develop a relationship with squintern Laura, he looks into her past to make sure nothing will harm his dream of a future in politics.

THEY ARE TOUCHING!

Did anyone else see that or did I dream it?

TOUCHING.

ON PURPOSE.

SEXUALLY.

Yep! That was awesome. Way to go you guys!

This show knows how to portray an actual adult relationship without getting boring. I'm so proud of it that I can burst :).

And the episode was pretty good too.

I enjoyed it. I suspected the senator's aide - but they came up with enough reasonable suspects that I had partially dismissed that by the end. For some reason, a look between the majority whip and the senator's wife had me thinking a different kind of affair... (speaking of which, did they flip which political party is in the majority - I thought I heard them say the senator was a democrat and was confused at first why the majority whip was all in his business)

I enjoyed Booth and Bones' bedroom banter - but that bedroom confuses me. I've loved other parts of the house, but unless that bedroom is part of an isolated suite, it's a terrible place for parents of small children - no door to close and lock so they don't get interrupted having all that sex. The tables, chairs and plants in the glass room was a bit weird too - but I have seen a house with an inside atrium, so I guess that's what it was.

Aubrey's political ambitions seemed to come out of nowhere. They make some sense, but seemed to serve more as a will he or won't he reason for his budding romance with the redhead. If he's serious about his ambition, he's not making the best of decisions by going out with her. Given the kinds of cases they work on all the time, you'd think her background check would have already been in place.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

Given the kinds of cases they work on all the time, you'd think her background check would have already been in place.

It was. When Aubrey went back to Caroline he said something to the effect of "which I think you already knew." She acknowledged that she had already done the background check and had asked Aubrey to do it only so he would be sure about what he was getting into.

• Love 1

It was. When Aubrey went back to Caroline he said something to the effect of "which I think you already knew." She acknowledged that she had already done the background check and had asked Aubrey to do it only so he would be sure about what he was getting into.

I'd forgotten that scene, thanks. 

• Love 1

So Aubrey would have known that a background check had already been done, right? So Aubrey knew that Caroline knew that he knew that the check had been done and that she was just giving him permission to look at What's-Her-Name's background??
  • Love 1

So Aubrey would have known that a background check had already been done, right? So Aubrey knew that Caroline knew that he knew that the check had been done and that she was just giving him permission to look at What's-Her-Name's background??

I need more coffee before I can parse this. :) But I think this "He knew that she knew that he knew and so therefore" was part of my problem with the background check plot. Of course, I just assume FBI agents (or anyone with access) check up on their potential love interests anyway. 

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1