Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: June 13th - Part One

I'm not saying that Hayden or Milo owe us anything; I just wish that Kring was a better writer.  If Claire's children are pivotal to the story, you have to have Claire herself.  If I could sit down for a few hours and figure out a few ways to plug the gaping storyline holes, surely Kring has someone on his payroll that could do the same.

• Love 3

I'm not saying that Hayden or Milo owe us anything; I just wish that Kring was a better writer.  If Claire's children are pivotal to the story, you have to have Claire herself.  If I could sit down for a few hours and figure out a few ways to plug the gaping storyline holes, surely Kring has someone on his payroll that could do the same.

Exactly why do this when you can't get the important characters here?

Am I the only one confused about what Hiro did. 

He just randomly hopped about and it was implied that he tried changing the future and just made it worse somehow... which okay whatever... BUT HOW DID HE FIX IT ? 

Did he just murder the other versions of himself before they could step on those particular butterflies ? Or did he just teleport about and realise the darkness was too far spread. Also why didn't his powers work in the morgue ? Was that why Claire was dead? Did they just plug one of those power dampeners in her nose ? I mean he didn't even lift the sheet.

UGH this show. 

• Love 1

My assumption with Hiro was that he tried various methods of stopping the bombs, then went to look at the down(time)stream outcomes, eventually determining that the bombs going off was the best course of action.  This is Hiro fully realized, in full control of his powers... which is why, as Masi Oka put it, he needed to be nerfed.

My assumption is that either the shadow prevented Claire from healing, or else we were supposed to pick up on the "he didn't lift the sheet" thing.

• Love 5

This is Hiro fully realized, in full control of his powers... which is why, as Masi Oka put it, he needed to be nerfed.

That's something Heroes has struggled with in general: Sylar, Peter, Hiro, etc.

• Love 2

That's something Heroes has struggled with in general: Sylar, Peter, Hiro, etc.

You can even say that about Claire and Monroe. Both characters were pretty much immortals that couldn't really die. Yes, they tried to add that idea that there is a little bump on the back of Claire's head and if she gets hurt there then she will die, but pretty much all of those characters all had god-like powers. 

You can even say that about Claire and Monroe. Both characters were pretty much immortals that couldn't really die. Yes, they tried to add that idea that there is a little bump on the back of Claire's head and if she gets hurt there then she will die, but pretty much all of those characters all had god-like powers. 

That too, I excluded them because Adam got turned to dust and Claire is considered dead for now, but the point remains.

Is it possible they did something to Claire to stop her healing during the surgery? I was suspicious as soon as I heard that Claire even needed surgery, but that was before I knew about the babies. Could Claire even undergo surgery if her power was working? I would think she would just keep patching up any incision they made. I'm probably overthinking this. 

Tommy (whose real name is Nathan.  Better then Peter, in my opinion) and Malina. 

Plus, giving him the name Peter would have brought to mind the actor's stellar performance as Peter Pan on OUaT. It's kind of funny that instead of de-aging and then stopping aging altogether, as he did on OUaT, Robbie Kay's character has now gone from a newborn to a teenager in the span of a year (plus time travel).

Well, this episode makes no sense in story continuity compared to other episodes, especially with Phoebe.  In the webisode, right before the darkness hits (which I assumed was Phoebe), she's shown being hustled from a car by Erica, seemingly right near the expo.  In this episode, it appears that she's in a house some ways away and has been strapped down to a bed/table for some time working on her powers.   Also, in this episode, she's shown to be all concerned about saving Quentin, releasing the darkness so that Quentin won't die.  Yet last episode, she kills him herself without a scintilla of concern or remorse.

I truly fail to see how killing thousands of people, including children, and the subsequent deaths of hundreds more evos, could be better than any other possible outcome.

So what happened to Angela Petrelli in the past?

Um, Jack, you were not made to forget that you had the twins separated and sent back into the past, it wasn't your past self that did that, it is your current self (because obviously your past self didn't meet up with Angela Petrelli, nor have Hiro in tow).  You're past self didn't know anything about Claire dying in childbirth (yet at least) or apparently even being pregnant.  And your past self has to lose his memory because your present self lost his memory.  Stupid time loop.  Why do you have to sit on your hands for an entire year instead of starting to work against Erica early, and maybe saving Molly and a few other evos? 

• Love 4

Hanahope, I can’t remember if my speculation is based on the very end of this episode or the promo for the next one, so I’m spoiler-tagging just in case:  

I think past-HRG spotted future-HRG at the end of the episode and will confront him.  If that’s the case, I’m guessing that future-HRG will convince the Haitian to zap past-HRG’s memory just to be sure.  Hmmm, maybe we’ll get to see my poor Haitian Sensation one more time!

What I don't understand is why they went back to the day of the summit just to try to stop the bombing.  You have a time traveler; maybe you go back earlier and stop Erica?  Also, why just six hours (or whatever it was) before the bombing?  And, who cares about stepping on butterflies?  How do you not know that this is not how it was always supposed to happen?  It all seems a bit too thrown together.

• Love 3

What I don't understand is why they went back to the day of the summit just to try to stop the bombing.  You have a time traveler; maybe you go back earlier and stop Erica?  Also, why just six hours (or whatever it was) before the bombing?  And, who cares about stepping on butterflies?  How do you not know that this is not how it was always supposed to happen?  It all seems a bit too thrown together.

Because of the plot!

It all seems a bit too thrown together.

It is, there are other ways to try and stop it and it seems the writers constantly try to kneecap themselves with the butterflies and then leaving Hiro behind.

I liked this episode more, and I think people are right that it's because of the nostalgia factor.  It was nice seeing Mohinder and Angela again, even though they bothered the hell out of me in the later seasons of the series.  

I am even angrier they killed off Molly and the Haitian now.  There's a bit of dishonesty in playing on emotions based on nostalgia rather than earning it with the new characters.

I thought I read that neither Milo or Hayden were even approached about returning.  I only read that the guy who played Sylar said he didn't want to be back (thank goodness).  I agree they didn't use a body double for Hayden to keep it slightly ambiguous, in case there are future miniseries.  They probably don't want a full backlash of killing of Claire definitively.

It was also nice finding out why people were acting the way they did in previous episodes, I guess.  Though I still don't buy why the assassin couple became so violent and murderous based on this backstory.  

As usual, there was a huge amount of frustration with no one actually acting against Erica, and having two teenagers clueless about their destinies responsible for saving the world.  So much for Noah's "plan" in Odessa.  All he did was go run to the hospital to find out what happened to Claire.  Wasn't it a tad more important to stop the bombing attack.  Sadly, the terrorism stuff is too real for me to truly enjoy this type of storyline.

Edited by Camera One

All he did was go run to the hospital to find out what happened to Claire.  Wasn't it a tad more important to stop the bombing attack. 

I want to apologize in advance -- I'm going to be flip...

Thousands of people dead and Evos killed because of Erica?  They don't amount to hill of bean's compared to **MY** daughter!!!!!