Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Beyond Redemption

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

EBR has a lot of strengths. But crying DEFINITELY isn't one of them. 

Best on screen crier I've seen is Alyson Hannigan/Willow/Lily

Weirdest crier is Claire Danes

Jensen Ackles does a fantastic Single Manly Tear of Manly Manpain.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 10

Hmm. I guess I've never had a problem with EBR's crying scenes. I don't like her "cry voice", that's true. That was starting to wear on me by the end of last season. But actually crying? I guess I've never seen a problem with it. I thought the scene where she broke down in the old lair in one of last season's episodes was well done.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 13

She's not so bad that it takes me out of the scene. But it's just not her strength. I think EBR is a pretty nuanced actress and I think she has great instincts. She can only grow from here. 

Best crier on the show so far is probably Willa or Susanna (ugh. Still bitter about Moira). 

• Love 2

'her reaction to the events unfolding as more her take on what the character would do'

Isn't this the definition of acting? :)

In part. But for me it means that if I find one or two moments in a scene out of many in an episode not my cup of tea for the character, I will personally overlook it if everything else is in line with what the show, the writers and the actors previous performance have told me about the character. I personally do not think FS would have cried in that manner over the Ray situation, but I think EBR might believe that FS would. So I will proces the tears differently as more of an acting choice and less of a character moment. Just like when OQ met all the volunteers in the office, it felt more like SA meeting fans and less like OQ. Just bits & pieces that I simply process differently because they seem more like the actor & not the character. Edited by kismet

She's just too important of a Sci-Fi actress to have her pop in for a single episode.  

Arrow has made a habit of wasting talent though. They've wasted Helo and John Crichton previously, and just recently, Seven of Nine. I don't think wasting Tara is as big a deal, to be honest, so I wouldn't be surprised if this appearance was just a one off. I will be pleasantly surprised if it wasn't though. 

• Love 2

Jensen Ackles does a fantastic Single Manly Tear of Manly Manpain.

I'm so mad at SPN for making the OPT joke about Jensen's crying. He cries out of both eyes, dammit! The ONE time it happened in Heart and 10 years later no one remembers the flat out bawling scene in s4 or the weeping in s2 like 3 times.  BOTH EYES DAMMIT.

Sigh :( .

I think Stephen is probably the best crier on the show of the men and for the women...hmmm Susanna or Willa

• Love 2

In part. But for me it means that if I find one or two moments in a scene out of many in an episode not my cup of tea for the character, I will personally overlook it if everything else is in line with what the show, the writers and the actors previous performance have told me about the character. I personally do not think FS would have cried in that manner over the Ray situation, but I think EBR might believe that FS would. So I will proces the tears differently as more of an acting choice and less of a character moment. Just like when OQ met all the volunteers in the office, it felt more like SA meeting fans and less like OQ. Just bits & pieces that I simply process differently because they seem more like the actor & not the character.

These are two different things, though. One is claiming that EBR gave her interpretation of her character, and the other that in your opinion SA broke character. I get  finding some choices from the actors questionable, especially when they're different from what we've come to expect. It's totally ok to dislike said choices. I guess I don't get explaining what you dislike  with "the actor thinks this is what the character would do", which is basically in their job description. But it's alright if you do, we'll just disagree on this matter :)

• Love 1

These are two different things, though. One is claiming that EBR gave her interpretation of her character, and the other that in your opinion SA broke character. I get  finding some choices from the actors questionable, especially when they're different from what we've come to expect. It's totally ok to dislike said choices. I guess I don't get explaining what you dislike  with "the actor thinks this is what the character would do", which is basically in their job description. But it's alright if you do, we'll just disagree on this matter :)

Personally I don't feel it felt out of character-ish. Oliver grew up in a world where he was probably expected to behave in similar manner (very gracious but distant at the same time) and most likely saw his dad act in a similar manner, he saw his mother campaigning- I just assumed he picked out a few things subconsciously and consciously.

• Love 5

The only reason they didn't change Sara's clothes is because TIIC wanted to keep her in a strapless, cleavage-baring bustier (skimpy clothes - the very definition of fan service).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Although its not really two different things, for me they both willingly broke the character they had established in my mind for the last 4 yrs. By choosing to act more like themselves than how they generally play the character by their choice - not by their lack of skill. Some people break by lack of skill, I think these moments were by choice. I mentioned in 401, I feel like SA is starting to play the new OQ a little too close to SA, so that it becomes hard to differentiate them. So when he chooses to act like SA would, because he thinks that is what OQ would do. It's his thought process and resulting acting choice that disappoint me. So it is me being disappointed in the acting choices for those particular scene. EBR did something similar for me by acting more like how EBR thinks than how FS thinks. How they both interpreted the character is what disappointed me, what they thought their character would do differs I think from how they have played the character before.

I know its in their job description, so essentially I'm critiquing their job performance. There are many ways to approach a scene, I just think they both chose wrong in some of their approaches this episode because they acted more like how they would and less like how FS/OQ would act.  I'm just saying this for clarification of my viewpoints, we all can believe or not believe whatever. In many ways, its probably just an over-verbalization and rationalization of me saying I just didn't like the acting choices they made. But we can agree to disagree. :)

Edited by kismet

You don't think that Felicity's tears and Oliver's smiling glad-handing were in the script? Because I definitely do.

I do think they were in the script. I think how the actors chose to execute those script notes was where my problem with their interpretation came. I think EBR oversold FS's tears and SA oversold OQ's cheery charm. Its why the moments are not OOC for me, but the performances are.

I actually had more problems buying them getting to Nanda Parbat with the body, but I'm cool with just pretending that the League has an (or a few) evil private airplanes, that they use to do all their assassin jobs or whatever the hell the League actually does. Especially since Malcolm is now so desperate to get Thea to like him again, she probably could have just demand on for herself, and he'd have given it to her.

Which, normally I would say that is spoiling your child, but when just drugged her and made her murder a friend a few months ago, really, a plane it the very least you could do.

Maybe they took the Batplane, given that this show borrows from Batman whenever it finds itself in need of an instant fix for its lame plotlines.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

The only reason they didn't change Sara's clothes is because TIIC wanted to keep her in a strapless, cleavage-baring bustier (skimpy clothes - the very definition of fan service).

Cisco has not been told to design a costume for Sara yet.....

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2

Hi,

Could someone please explain what Diggle's line about baby Sara was? I've only just seen the episode (UK - get it a week later) and I either blanked out (very possible) or it was cut to fit in more commercials.

Really, really needing there to be more Digg in the next episode.

(edited)

Oh gods. This was on again tonight and Laurel is just the literal worst.

The scene where she takes Lance to see Sara is HORRIBLE. She doesn't even prepare him for what he's going to see. Even if it wasn't written for her to say "Dad, I have something really big to tell you and it's going to be upsetting" KC could have at least displayed empathy or something. The line is "Given everything we went through, and the promise I made to not lie to you any more, I thought it was better if I just show you"  but KC could have said it in a much more kind way. That's all in the performance

But man the scene between Lance and Oliver was fucking awesome. Man, I felt so bad for both of them. :(

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh gods. This was on again tonight and Laurel is just the literal worst.

The scene where she takes Lance to see Sara is HORRIBLE. She doesn't even prepare him for what he's going to see. Even if it wasn't written for her to say "Dad, I have something really big to tell you and it's going to be upsetting" KC could have at least displayed empathy or something. The line is "Given everything we went through, and the promise I made to not lie to you any more, I thought it was better if I just show you"  but KC could have said it in a much more kind way. That's all in the performance

But man the scene between Lance and Oliver was fucking awesome. Man, I felt so bad for both of them. :(

Also the man has a heart condition , a shock like that could have caused him to have another heart attack.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Also the man has a heart condition , a shock like that could have caused him to have another heart attack.

Right!? It's especially rich since she spent how many episodes lying to Lance because he had a heart condition.../head desk

• Love 1

I appreciated that the scenes of Laurel in the hospital blasting Oliver for not treating her as an equal as she deserves gave me a chance to catch up on the baseball game.

Since they knew that Sara was going after Thea, why did no one think to have someone guarding Thea at all times?

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I appreciated that the scenes of Laurel in the hospital blasting Oliver for not treating her as an equal as she deserves gave me a chance to catch up on the baseball game.

Since they knew that Sara was going after Thea, why did no one think to have someone guarding Thea at all times?

Funnily enough, my sister asked me the exact same thing, to which I had two possible answers:

1) Laurel's been there the whole time, so since she's """""*really strong*""""" she would be enough to guard Thea. Plus, I still have no idea how Sara even got into Thea's room in the first place or how we're supposed to think she got in without Laurel or Oliver noticing or hearing her until she almost killed Thea.

2) The scene right before had Thea telling Laurel that Sara would probably go back to normal if she killed Thea so....(I'm kidding...) 

Real reason: Plot

• Love 2

In my headcanon Laurel was looking in the window of someone elses room making sure her lipstick and nails matched, while crazySara just walked right past her into Thea's room. 

• Love 3

I thought Sara came in through the window, or maybe I'm wrong and she just left through it.

I also got the impression that Oliver had left and was now coming back since he seemed surprised that Laurel was there.

I wish it weren't so easy to mock Laurel's actions.  She didn't tell anyone that crazySara had escaped her chains (you'd think that if you had to chain someone up to prevent her from killing someone, it would occur to you to tell people she had escaped even if Oliver did get Judgey Face from it), and when Oliver and Felicity had figured out that Sara was trying to kill Thea, she left Thea alone in her room.

Boos to both Oliver and Laurel for leaving Thea unguarded when they knew a soul-less former League assassin was trying to kill her.

Sara left through a closed window, we never saw how she got into Thea's room. Maybe she crawled in through the air ducts? In TV and Movies they are usually person sized and Sara's tiny. 

• Love 2

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I have returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Oliver tells the rest of the team that he's decided to run for Mayor and also surprises them with the new Arrow Bunker:
(Thea and Laurel are in an empty office building.)
Thea: "Well, this is horrible. What type of secret lair has windows?"
Laurel: "Well, you know, Oliver said he wanted to do things differently."
Thea: "I think I just saw a cockroach."
Laurel: "Listen, about Oliver -"
Thea: "No, look, it's fine. He still thinks we spent the weekend at a spa. But why can't we tell him about Sara?"
Laurel: "Sara - she needs more time, and I don't need Oliver's judgment. Just a couple more days, and she'll be back to herself. I promise."
(Diggle enters the office.)
Thea (to Diggle): "Guessing he didn't tell you what we're doing here either."
Diggle: "No. He just had a perma grin on his face the whole way here."
Laurel: "Okay, now I'm worried."
Diggle: "He said he had some big announcement to make."
(Oliver and Felicity enter.)
Thea: "Oh, my God, wait, where is it? Why aren't you wearing it?"
Felicity: "Wearing what?"
Thea: "Uh - (To Oliver) What is that you wanted to tell us? And why are you telling us here?"
Oliver: "Remember this office?"
Laurel: "Yes. This was Sebastian Blood's campaign office."
Oliver: "And now it's mine. Anyone who's qualified is afraid to run, for a good reason. But I can protect myself. So... I'm running for mayor... (Thea laughs, while Laurel and Diggle stare at him) Uh, don't everyone congratulate me at once."
Diggle: "Oh, you're serious?"
Oliver: "Yes! The other week, Lance was saying that this city needs someone to stand up, who isn't hiding behind a mask. It needs a leader."
Diggle: "But why does that person have to be you? I mean, don't get me wrong, but you're not a politician."
Oliver: "Well, maybe that's the best reason for me to be elected."
Laurel: "What are you going to do for a staff, or campaign manager - money?"
Felicity: "Money part's taken care of. Palmer Tech has funded enough to kick-start the campaign. Another decision my board of directors are going to be thrilled with."
Diggle: "What platform are you going to run on?"
Oliver: "I'll figure it out."
Thea: "What qualifies you to be mayor?"
Oliver: "I care about the city."
Laurel: "But you can't say that you're going to run because being the Green Arrow isn't enough."
Oliver: "I'm working on that."
Felicity: "We are going to brush up on those answers before the first press conference. (Mouthing) Obviously."
Oliver: "I kind of thought everyone would be a little bit more supportive."
Diggle: "Oh, it's not that we're not supportive, Oliver, it's just that -"
Laurel: "We just want to make sure that you're not in over your head."
Felicity: "Maybe the other announcement will go over better."
Oliver: "Okay -"
(Oliver & Felicity leads the others over to a secret elevator, which he opens.)
Thea: "Ha! For real?"
(They all enter the elevator.)
Oliver: "There's a reason we had Felicity buy Blood's campaign office."
Felicity: "Blood also needed his own lair. Don't - don't worry, I - I burned a lot of incense."
(Elevator opens into a lower level floor, and they exit into the new, improved Arrow Bunker.)
Diggle: "Oliver, how did you -"
Laurel: "How did you do this all by yourself?"
Oliver: "Oh, I had help."
Felicity: "He had a lot of help. Cisco and S.T.A.R. Labs."
Oliver: "Four polycarbonate cases, each keyed to your individual biometrics."
Thea: "Ha! God, I didn't even think you could pronounce 'biometrics.'"
Felicity: "I had some design input."
Diggle: "Wow. Oliver, this is amazing."
Oliver: "Well, when I set up shop in the Foundry, it was just me. That's not the case anymore, so I thought we could use a little more space."
Laurel: "What was that? What - did it break?"
Felicity: "No."
Oliver: "You okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah, I'm just not used to this chair yet. I'm feeding police emergency services and Homeland Security radio transmissions through a processing algorithm 24/7. This way, if anything happens in the city, we will - we will know about it. Two police detectives found shot to death responding to a Code 3. Um, there's no record of them calling Dispatch for backup."
Oliver: "Which means either their comms failed or they were ambushed the moment they arrived on the scene."
Diggle: "Thea and I will do recon, see if there's anything the CSI missed at the crime scene."
Oliver: "All right. I'll talk to Lance."
Laurel: "Maybe skip the part about running for mayor, because I'm pretty sure you're not going to have his vote."
Oliver: "That'll have to change. Can't run the city without the help of the S.C.P.D."
Laurel: "Okay."
Felicity: "Hmm."
Laurel: "What did Thea think that you were wearing?"
Felicity: "No idea."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Felicity confronts Curtis about the strange coded messages appearing on her phone, and Curtis recognizes them as old Ray Palmer code:
Felicity: "Ahem!"
Curtis: "All right, so I figured it out. Neal Adams in Data Processing. He won the archery medal three years running at his summer camp. He has a problem with his temper, and he likes the color green."
Felicity: "You think that Neal Adams is the Green Arrow? He's - he's 5-2!"
Curtis: "Lifts?"
Felicity: "I am not telling you who he is! Oh, and B-T-Dub, next time you want to prank your boss - worst career move, but whatevs - you might want to try a little harder."
Curtis: "And... you lost me."
Felicity: "I've been receiving these all week."
Curtis: "Okay, well, I didn't send this, and trust me, if I were going to prank you, it would be a lot more creative. This code is from 2013."
Felicity: "But the IP address is coming from Palmer Tech, from a terminal here in your work space. I believe the term is, you are so busted."
Curtis: "I'm not busted. I can't be busted. I didn't send you two-year-old code. Though it is elegant. And familiar.... (Goes to his computer) I was going through some of, uh, Mr. Palmer's old prototypes, and I found this."
Felicity: "That was Ray's. I mean, Mr. Palmer's."
Curtis: "I mean, this has code that's like identical to what you have on the phone. I mean, the question is, why is Mr. Palmer's prototype OS sending you texts on your phone?"
Felicity: "Ray must have connected the prototype's computer to the company's local area network."
Curtis: "He did! It uploaded a crash log. I mean, the equipment's programmed to record the user's voice right before a fatal malfunction. Sorry. Poor choice of words. The point is, is that Mr. Palmer's last recorded statement could shed some light on how he died. Looks like it's password protected."
Felicity: "I already know how he died. I don't need to re-live it."
Curtis: "But -"
Felicity: "But, Ray and I were close. We were, um, friends. He died six months ago. I don't really want to open that particular wound."
(Her cell phone beeps.)
Curtis: "It did it again?"
Felicity: "Nope. Different mystery."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Team Arrow track a SIM card to an armory used by rogue S.C.P.D. police officers:
Oliver: "Lance gave us a SIM card recovered from the crime scene."
Felicity: "Where's Laurel?"
Thea: "She said she had something she needed to deal with."
Felicity: "Wow, it's a good thing you guys aren't short-handed these days. This SIM card isn't from a cell phone. Looks like some kind of walkie with GPS."
Diggle: "GPS as in we can track it?"
Felicity: "As in, I can figure out all the places it's been and triangulate from there to determine... where it came from."
Oliver: "Gear up."
Oliver (over comms): "Fifth floor is clear."
Thea (over comms): "Yeah, this place is completely empty."
Diggle (over comms): "I think I found something. Third floor."
Oliver (over comms): "Headed your way."
(Oliver and Thea meet up with Diggle.)
Diggle: "Every door here is open or unlocked, except for this one... (They kick in door and enter) Clear."
Oliver: "It's not empty."
Diggle: "M4s, Kevlar, flash bang grenades. Some of this stuff is military-grade."
Thea: "Well, do you think we found the Ghosts' armory?"
Oliver (holding up S.C.P.D. flak jacket): "No."
Thea: "Wait..."
Oliver: "Star City Police Department. The people who killed those detectives were police officers."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Team Arrow discusses the rogue cops: 
Felicity: "I think you better add 'get an entirely new police force' to your campaign platform."
Oliver: "It's not the entire force, but... yeah, we don't know who's compromised."
Thea: "Except for Captain Lance."
Diggle: "Yeah, well, Captain Lance is MIA right now. I think it's safe to assume that whatever help we're going to get, it's right here in this room."
Felicity: "I'm working on something. (Lights flicker and sizzle) Cisco said we were still working out some of the kinks. In the last two months, there's been a huge spike on gangs stealing drug shipments from other gangs."
Diggle: "Yeah, but it's not these gangs, it's these bad cops."
Felicity: "Who steal the drugs to sell them back to the gangbangers they stole them from."
Oliver: "So these corrupt cops are taking down big drug scores."
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
Oliver: "Let's give them one."
Thea: "How?"
Oliver: "That depends on how close you are with your former drug dealer."
Thea: "Oh. Depends which one."
Oliver: "We're going to need some money."
Felicity: "Don't you mean more money?"
Oliver: "Mm-hmm."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Team Arrow and Quentin set a trap for the rogue cops: 
Thea: "I know this is a trap and all, but something about the drugs, the club... makes me feel like I'm back in high school again... (Diggle scoffs) What?"
Diggle: "Just thinking about how much I hate raising a daughter in this city."
Felicity (over comms): "Heads up! I'm reading a truck closing in on your position. The make matches a profile for an ESU strike vehicle."
Oliver (over comms): "Copy, we're ready."
Felicity (over comms): "Two minutes out."
Oliver (over comms): "Captain Lance."
Quentin (over comms): "What, I don't get a code name like the rest of you?"
Oliver (over comms): "Detective... Get ready."
Diggle (over comms): "Target's on site. Let's go. (Explosions) We've got multiple tangos! Move!
(Fight ensues between Team Arrow/Quentin and rogue cops.)
Oliver (to Quentin): "You okay?"
Quentin: "The training, the equipment - those were cops. And no, I'm not okay."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Quentin is introduced to the new Arrow Bunker: 
(Oliver, Diggle, Thea and Laurel return to the new Arrow Bunker, accompanied by Quentin.)
Quentin: "You have got to be kidding me."
Felicity: "Oh, no, um, not to complain, but you do know that you just brought a police captain into our secret lair?"
Quentin: "Don't worry; I got enough to put you away for 25 years... Kidding."
Oliver: "Captain Lance isn't the police we should be worried about."
Quentin: "Wow. No wonder there's corruption on the force. Everyone else has got better resources."
Laurel: "I don't know. Those ESU had some pretty fancy toys tonight... that definitely weren't standard police issue."
Quentin: "Well, they were police issue, all right, but just not standard. Those were specialized anti-vigilante task force gear."
Oliver: "I thought the task force was disbanded."
Quentin: "Yeah, I might have reinstated that, um, last year."
Oliver: "How many officers are there?"
Quentin: "40 or so."
Laurel: "Well, that definitely narrows things down a bit."
Oliver (to Felicity): "We should check their conduct records. Maybe that'll narrow it down a little bit more."
Felicity (as electricity flickers): "Yeah, that's going to take a little bit longer than usual."
Quentin: "Well, I can give you unrestricted access to the department's computer network. Might speed things up a little. I'll see what I can dig up at the precinct."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Curtis asks Felicity for the password to listen to Ray's crash log:
Felicity: "Curtis?"
Curtis: "There you are! Why haven't you been answering my texts?"
Felicity: "Your texts were '911,' 'OMG,' 'ASAP,' and five exclamation points. I do not have time to respond to something that doesn't contain at least one actual word."
Curtis: "I need your help with Mr. Palmer's crash log."
Felicity: "I thought I told you to let that go."
Curtis: "Look, I've tried brute forcing a password, but nothing works. But there is a sub-kernel that contains a programmer note."
Felicity: "Oh, my God, this must be what talking to me is like."
Curtis: "And that programming note suggests that you know the password. I mean, which makes sense, right? You and Mr. Palmer were friends."
Felicity: "Yeah, I know the password."
Curtis: "You do? So tell it to me so we can -"
Felicity: "No! I - I do not want to listen to a recording of my ex-boyfriend's final moment before he died."
Curtis: "You and Mr. Palmer were together?"
Felicity: "Now do you understand why I don't want to hear his voice?"
Curtis: "No. My brother died six years ago. Pancreatic cancer. To be able to hear something from him I've never heard before... God, I'd - I'd give anything."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Felicity identifies Liza Warner as a member of the rogue cops; and Oliver sees footage of Quentin talking to Damien Darhk:
(Shirtless Oliver is working out on the salmon ladder.)
Felicity (entering): "Ohh. Oh, I am so glad we came back."
Oliver: "You all right?"
Felicity: "Hmm?"
Oliver: "You're doing that, um, crinkly thing with your eyebrows."
Felicity: "Oh, just, um, ha, no, just something at work. It's no big deal. Um, this work. Big deal." (Hands him file folder)
Oliver: "Liza Warner."
Felicity: "I pulled her S.C.P.D. personnel file using my computer at Palmer Tech since ours is fritzing."
Oliver (reading file): "One of the original recruits to the anti-vigilante task force over three years ago."
Felicity: "Hand-picked by then Detective Lance."
Oliver: "Do we think she's a suspect?"
Felicity: "I think that Sergeant Warner has deposited over a quarter of a million dollars into offshore bank accounts in the last three months."
Oliver: "Where can we find her?"
Felicity: "I am working on that. I used the network access that Captain Lance gave us and I turned on every uniform and squad car camera on the force in the last 12 hours. I'm running facial recognition looking for Warner. Do you see something?"
Oliver: "No, someone. Pause. Zoom in."
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
Oliver: "The man that Lance is talking to... that's Damien Darhk."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Felicity tracks the kidnapped Quentin to a S.C.P.D. facility:
Oliver: "What do we know?"
Diggle: "Liza Warner and her posse took Lance outside of Laurel's apartment."
Laurel: "We need to find my father."
Felicity: "I'm working on it. Just a little hampered. I think I got something before the latest glitch. Captain Lance's ID was just to access the S.C.P.D. contraband disposal facility three minutes ago."

404 (Beyond Redemption) – Oliver holds a press conference to announce his mayoral run; and Felicity listens to Ray Palmer's last audio message:
Oliver: "That's what this city used to be. It's what it can be. It's what it must be again. Now, I know that I'm not the obvious choice for mayor. I'm - I'm not a politician. I signed away my family's company. I didn't even graduate from college, although, in my defense, I did go to four of them. I certainly don't have a traditional background for leadership, but I can tell you this - after five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal. I wanted to save my city. And with your help, I can. With your help, we will restore our home to the shining beacon we know it can be. But how we're going to get there isn't a mystery. We will overcome our challenges with help from our friends, our family, our loved ones."
(Cut to Felicity listening to audio message on her computer.)
Ray (recorded voice): I'm sorry, Felicity, this is my fault..."
(Cut back to Oliver.)
Oliver: "Those we trust, and those we will need to trust again in order to prevail. Because the only way that we are going to return our home to greatness is to do so together. United." (Applause)

Edited by tv echo