Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: A Walsh Family Christmas

• Start Topic

No. I'm embarrassed that no Americans managed to answer this yet! Arizona is between them. They are all large states. The western US is much more vast than many non-Americans realize. A bus trip could take that long because they make so many stops. Even in a car by yourself it would take more than a day.

Yes, thank you! I had originally meant to say that, too, in my comment ... head slap. I was going to opine how if they left from LA they would probably go through Nevada, Utah and Arizona before New Mexico, etc. Epic fail on my part.

Edited by STOPSHOUTING
  • Love 2

I thought of this but was too lazy to comment. My 7th grade social studies teacher came up w/ all sorts of fun devices for us to learn the US map. I will always remember the location of Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico, because the first letters of the first words spell "UCAN," and he would say, "UCAN learn geography!"  And guess what--the shit worked.

No. I'm embarrassed that no Americans managed to answer this yet! Arizona is between them. They are all large states. The western US is much more vast than many non-Americans realize. A bus trip could take that long because they make so many stops. Even in a car by yourself it would take more than a day.

And once again I should have checked my facts before posting. 

I'm Australian, and here, long-distance buses and trains are so close to non-existent that I always think of distances in terms of driving yourself. So I get the distance, but not the mode of transport.

And once again I should have checked my facts before posting. 

I'm Australian, and here, long-distance buses and trains are so close to non-existent that I always think of distances in terms of driving yourself. So I get the distance, but not the mode of transport.

Huh? I'm Australian, too, and I have taken long-distance buses and trains on many occasions (mostly buses, when I've been too poor to fly). They're always crowded.

It took me a while to see this episode since it was 90 minutes long and rarely syndicated in the early days.  So when Steve talked about his birth mother being dead and meeting his grandfather, I had no idea what he was talking about it.  Add Steve's grandfather to the long list of relatives and characters we never see again.

Speaking of which, the old guy who was dressing up as Santa...his kids sucked!  Seriously, his wife died and not one of his ungrateful kids decided that perhaps he shouldn't be alone for the holidays?  Seriously, not one of these ungrateful little shits could be bothered to visit him for the holidays or fly him out to spend Christmas with them?  It always annoyed the hell out of me.

Arggggggg! Brandon leave Andrea the fuck alone you jackass! Also shut up. Brandon is constantly written as that person who knows a friend has a crush that isn't reciprocated, but flirts a little whenever he needs an ego boost and then acts all mystified that the other person doesn't get that they're "just good friends"! Such an asshole move that I hate! But completely keeping in Brandon's character, so good job writers.

Ah yes, the passive aggressive Brandon/Andrea relationship.  Three years of teasing and nothing.