Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Twopper said:

After I broke my arm and leg rolling down some icy steps in 2015 I got really paranoid about stairs.  It is only in the last year that I have started to go down the four steps from our front porch without hanging on to the handrail which I insisted Mr Twopper install the day after my fall.  I still look at my feet going down steps, but I don't if I am just walking around although maybe I should do it in the house as I have a tendency to stub my toes.  Now that the weather is cold I will wear shoes in the house so the toes are safe until spring.  And Mr Twopper seems to be having a little trouble with one of his legs so he is grateful to have the rail.

ALWAYS hold the rail. In a death grip. Us klutzes need the support! 
I broke my pinky in London, tripping over a sidewalk tile.  Saved my phone though.  Priorities. 

• Love 9
On 10/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, Kohola3 said:

Special Snowflake needs to read this.  She might need to think twice about blocking people who don't agree with her.

I thought of her when I read this article too.

I read an article today about some woke influencer kid, living in the UK, who thinks schools should stop teaching and talking about the number of souls that gave their lives for his freedom in WWII.  It's too scary and too negative in his opinion.  He also thinks schools should teach people about mortgages instead of history.  

I know I'm a COL to the max, but SM has created too many spoiled brats.  Or maybe there was always too many spoiled brats, but now SM has given them a way to advertise it.  Could be a chicken/egg thing for me.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

I was trying to help an older friend negotiate the steps, and I was the one who fell.   I  tried to help her another time, and I managed to fall again, but luckily I didn't break anything;   I no longer offer anyone aid except Mr. Twopper.   I can usually handle uneven ground unless it is raining or dark.  We have a hiking stick that is helpful.

I've never been a klutz but 3 years ago I fell two feet from my car going downhill in the parking lot at my old job.  They had just done construction and there were a lot of cracks, gullies, dust and gravel all over.  My foot got stuck in a crack and I lost balance trying to get it free.  When you're going downhill at that kind of angle it's easy to lose momentum and balance.  I fell face forward, full force on my right forearm, breaking both bones about mid-point.  Bone was sticking through and my arm was hanging.  The pain was unbelievable.  I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.  That was the last day I ever worked at that job (or any).  It took me months to recuperate and regain the full use of my arm.  4 months later, when my Dr. was considering allowing me to go back to work part time, I was terminated with no reason given on the last day of my FMLA AND while on Workers' Comp.  I had worked in that job for 5 years and had nothing but excellent reviews from my bosses.  This decision had come from HR, not my supervisor.  Yes, there was a lawsuit and I won, but despite having a stellar resume, no one would hire this "ancient" late 50s (at the time) COL. 

Yes, age discrimination is very real.  I never felt more like a targeted COL than the year and a half I looked for a job.  I would often get interviews, even called back for a second one, but somehow would never get hired.  I even wondered if I was being blackballed by my old job.  I just think that in my profession (executive admin.) in the corporate world today, a lot of emphasis is being placed on hiring for "diversity" (which sadly doesn't include being older) and despite what younger people think, they are much preferred overall especially because they can can be paid less.  But the quality of their work stinks because they're too busy being into themselves like Mariah to have any real work ethic, plus their education was generally inferior to people in my age bracket.  Not to mention how they lack the critical thinking skills and maturity level to make the kinds of decisions that executives need them to make.  But companies don't care about that anymore. 

I could cry thinking about all the older women I've known or heard about that lost their jobs for bogus reasons that did not seek legal action because it's so hard to prove age discrimination.  I just heard about a woman working for a huge Fortune 100 company that was suddenly told she didn't have the experience dealing with boards of directors that her job required so she was being let go.  Meanwhile she was in the same position for several years and the job duties had not changed.  They hired a younger woman with a law degree (overqualified) to replace her.  Meanwhile the older woman (waving her resume at them) reminded them that she had extensive experience working with BODs in her long career, having worked for heads of divisions.  They acted sheepish about this and decided to keep her but demote her.  She is considering legal action.

So while the Mariahs of the world make it all about them in the name of so-called "social justice", there are real social justice issues that they don't care about whatsoever.  Nobody cares about older people, especially older women, ESPECIALLY Mariah and her faux woke crowd.  It's all about them and their "pet" issues.  Sorry, for the rant but this is yet another reason I detest her.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Hey Yeah No, I would like you to know that I gave your post a Like but I wanted equally to give it a Useful, a Sad, and a Surprise.

You withstood a trauma that would fell a speshul snowflake and you're still standing, and you're here to tell your tale.

You succinctly stated some sad, ironic, inexcusable and significant truths.

Bless your heart, with the most honest and sincere meaning behind that term.

Older/mature women hold up their portion of the sky with grace and wisdom and are too rarely appreciated for doing so.

COLs - ooh rah!

• Love 15
7 hours ago, suomi said:

Older/mature women hold up their portion of the sky with grace and wisdom and are too rarely appreciated for doing so.

COLs - ooh rah!

A thousand likes to this and to Yeah No as well.

In many cultures, the wisdom and wit of the elders is appreciated and sought out, especially words of the women.  Today in the US (I cannot speak for other countries) we are treated like doddering oldsters incapable of tying our own shoes.  There are too many days I am hard pressed not to smack some mouthy, smirking young person.  Or roll my eyes so far back I can see my rear end at some of their vapid comments.  Mariah is the poster child for being a supercilious ass.

Oh, well, the mantra of we, the COLs of the world, is to soldier on.  And thus we do.

• Love 19

@Yeah No, I'm so sorry you had that experience. 

I have to say in defense of the "kids" I know personally IRL (where it really matters) that they aren't all like Mariah.  actually I don't know ANY who are like her. Many are hard working, respectful to their elders, and truly intelligent. 

Why does Mariah do what she does? Well, she's Meri's daughter. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

She's an outlier and that's what makes her so annoying to me.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

🎵Sweat stains on poses

And milk whiskers on noses

Bright copper hair and white sneakers on toes-es

Brown family secrets tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things🎵

Hee!

And she's so incredibly busy being woke she deserves a veg day.  Of course the rest of the working world that actually works full time for a living uses Sunday to catch up on washing, shopping, cleaning, bills, etc.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And she's so incredibly busy being woke she deserves a veg day.  Of course the rest of the working world that actually works full time for a living uses Sunday to catch up on washing, shopping, cleaning, bills, etc.

She's probably resting up on Sunday so she can take off another "cute little uterus" day on her most booked up day of the work week.

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Plus there's knowing that one day perhaps in the distant future Mariah herself might understand what it's like to feel like a COL. 

Sadly, I think she'll switch from being an all-knowing sage to being a victim when she reaches the age of true enlightenment e.g. the real world and loses her cadre of SM sychophants.  I mean how many COL's post endless pictures and words of wisdom that garner gushing compliments?  She'll be lamenting her Nobody Loves Me status to. well, nobody.

And we'll still have each other!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to wonder what the responses were to Mariah’s poll a while ago. She asked what people wanted her to post about, or something like that.

Confused here...is she sleeping at a coffee shop?  A shop that allows dogs?  That's the gist I get from this inane post.  Also, where's Audge?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

"representation matters. people matter. stories matter. Inclusion matters."

Yup and so does, shampoo, soap and regular showers because ya know.... "hygiene matters" and other people don't want to smell her funk.  😣

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Come on Mariah, you can do better than this.  Where is all your woke wisdom you were going to challenge us ignorant masses with.  

All I see is you parroting someone else's words and art. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Am I the only one who feels Mariah is... boring? 

Absolutely.  What’s snark-worthy is that Wokey McWoke Face thinks her life is so interesting she must share the fact that she’s doing laundry and reading a book. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Actually, that's a beautiful little passage by Donna Farhi, probably from one of her books on Yoga.  I found it online here. I think a few people I know could benefit from this.  Too bad Mariah is using it as justification for being lazy and self absorbed.  She has no idea what it's like to live in the real world and be overburdened with work in the first place to need to slow down from anything.  😕

Slowing down is the precursor to yoga practice because this simple act allows us to consider our thoughts, feelings, and actions more carefully in the light of our desire to live peacefully. When we overwork, when we try to fit too many things into an already congested schedule, when we rush from place to place, we lose track of what is important, and in doing so we almost always fail to serve those values that support our relationships and our heartfelt aspirations. A certain harshness can creep into our interactions with others, and this is the same harshness we ourselves find so distressing and so undermining of our sense of connectedness. We can become curt with our friends, family, and coworkers in a way that belies their importance to us. Maybe we become so exhausted by all our busyness that we’re irritable when we wish to be kind, thoughtless when we want our actions to be considerate. So before we sink our teeth into the foundations of yoga practice, consider this one possibility: that you have all the time you need. When you find yourself rushing, you can catch yourself and breathe out fully, affirming that you do indeed have all the time you need. You can ask yourself if the sky will fall down, if someone will die, or if the world will stop spinning if you sit down for ten minutes and breathe the air.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Screenshot from a video. She starts out saying  she’s headed to bed “pretty quick”, and states she has an early morning. So, she’s going to make her breakfast. I thought it was going to be an overnight oatmeal recipe. Nope, she got this in the mail , the packet gets emptied into a container, (provided) she added almond milk,  shook it up , and then it will go in the refrigerator until morning. When she shook the container I was hoping she didn’t have the lid on correctly. Bummer, she did.

F64BA645-DC2E-4FCD-AA43-BF96D959035C.jpeg

I looked it up:

231AFE2D-572B-4C12-A918-5C7BB057755C.jpeg

623A4D66-79D1-4D7C-803E-3324E529A77A.jpeg

• LOL 2

What a rip-off! There are literally hundreds of overnight oats recipes out there. They are so flippin' easy and cheap to make from scratch.

Oh and that's spelled convenience, Ms College Grad.

412B3ED5-3416-4D21-B33D-FA978452C98A.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Broken Ox said:

I've done the exact same thing except using, you know, the oatmeal I bought at the store.  

Oh you mean like the oatmeal I get from Safeway on sale for less than $3? 😂

When we first started seeing this company in our insta feed I think earlier this year, I showed it to my coach and he cracked up that anyone would pay that much for something so easy and cheap to make at home.  I don't make them often because I like to have something more substantial for breakfast. Not a big fan of slurping down a meal, I like solid food! 

• Love 8

"Mylk"?   Is that woke milk?  

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

$15 for 3 packs and the “overnight blender bottle”. The company is “working on” fully recyclable packaging.

So $5 a meal for something you can make for virtually pennies.  With packaging that can't be recycled.  Very socially conscious of you Pudge. 

• Love 9

It blows my mind at how many of the Browns are shilling this crap for a little affiliate kickback (they only get renumeration if someone uses their promo code when ordering). 

Christine, Janelle, Aspyn, Mariah, Maddie so far. 

Them doing this kinda gives me the impression that they aren't exactly rolling in dough.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

It blows my mind at how many of the Browns are shilling this crap for a little affiliate kickback (they only get renumeration if someone uses their promo code when ordering). 

Them doing this kinda gives me the impression that they aren't exactly rolling in dough.

Don't forget Robert "Garrison".  

I have a friend who sells stuff, but it's one of those parties you show up at and order if you want to.  She said after about a year of parties, she has regular customers who buy items for themselves or as gifts.  Customers are required to pay upfront.  So if the customer doesn't respond when the items come in, she holds them for 90 days and can sell them to another person if they want it.  She is never stuck with items to sell.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Oh you mean like the oatmeal I get from Safeway on sale for less than $3? 😂

When we first started seeing this company in our insta feed I think earlier this year, I showed it to my coach and he cracked up that anyone would pay that much for something so easy and cheap to make at home.  I don't make them often because I like to have something more substantial for breakfast. Not a big fan of slurping down a meal, I like solid food! 

Agree.  Walmart has their brand of oats for $2.67 for 30 servings.  So for one month 8 cents is what I would spend for my breakfast.  Any add ins would be extra.  But still cheaper than what she is buying/selling.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Don't forget Robert "Garrison".  

I have a friend who sells stuff, but it's one of those parties you show up at and order if you want to.  She said after about a year of parties, she has regular customers who buy items for themselves or as gifts.  Customers are required to pay upfront.  So if the customer doesn't respond when the items come in, she holds them for 90 days and can sell them to another person if they want it.  She is never stuck with items to sell.

I can't fault Garrison for his Hawaiian shirt thing.  He seems to genuinely enjoy wearing them and he's not all in your face about it.  Plus, he looks good in them.  To me it seems like he's just doing it for a little extra money and not taking it uber seriously. 
He probably doesn't carry inventory - it's all drop shipped from the same places the folks on Amazon get theirs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  Walmart has their brand of oats for $2.67 for 30 servings.  So for one month 8 cents is what I would spend for my breakfast.  Any add ins would be extra.  But still cheaper than what she is buying/selling.  

Especially if she doesn’t need them to be gluten free. I suppose I should be grateful to the hipster movement in this regard (I cannot eat gluten and thanks to them I can find stuff more easily), but she’s such a poser everything she does annoys me. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8

You can almost (almost) feel a twinge of compassion for people who are this hung up on conspicuous consumption, because it telegraphs their insecurity.

Then logic returns and you remember that you're looking at white trash with money who never ever ever post anything about doing good works or charitable deeds. You know, religious stuff. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video. She starts out saying  she’s headed to bed “pretty quick”, and states she has an early morning. So, she’s going to make her breakfast. I thought it was going to be an overnight oatmeal recipe. Nope, she got this in the mail , the packet gets emptied into a container, (provided) she added almond milk,  shook it up , and then it will go in the refrigerator until morning. When she shook the container I was hoping she didn’t have the lid on correctly. Bummer, she did.

F64BA645-DC2E-4FCD-AA43-BF96D959035C.jpeg

I looked it up:

231AFE2D-572B-4C12-A918-5C7BB057755C.jpeg

623A4D66-79D1-4D7C-803E-3324E529A77A.jpeg

My husband makes himself oatmeal overnight all the time.  It involves oatmeal and water so I'm guessing it takes approximately the same amount of time to prepare.  He lets it sit overnight and in the morning turns on the burner for a certain amount of time.  Voila, hot oatmeal for a fraction of the cost of this stuff with apparently no more effort that this.  I couldn't bring myself to watch a video on oatmeal but she HAS to be getting some sort of kickback right?  NO ONE displays this level of excitement over oatmeal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Does it make anyone else super stabby when they read "rn" in posts?  I know it means "right now" but seriously, at this rate people are going to start texting "iggtbsiwttyitm" instead of typing "I've got to go to bed so I will talk to you in the morning."  Or "dywtcofdtn?"  "Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow night?"  Enough, I say!

In 100 years, human hands are going to evolve to be just thumbs and forefingers - just the necessary digits to hold and text at the same time ("ATST" for the youngsters who are going to feel the full wrath of my hose before this day is out).

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Especially if she doesn’t need them to be gluten free. I suppose I should be grateful to the hipster movement in this regard (I cannot eat gluten and thanks to them I can find stuff more easily), but she’s such a poser everything she does annoys me. 

3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have friends in Utah.  This seems to be a popular theme among all vairities of the LDS faith.  It allows mom to be able to work from home and not pay out for daycare.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I have friends in Utah.  This seems to be a popular theme among all vairities of the LDS faith.  It allows mom to be able to work from home and not pay out for daycare.

Even before the program started the Browns were all involved in the MLM, Liv Water and Janelle was selling some kind of food storage containers, I don't think it was Tupperware, some other kind of plastic bins and bottles.  This was when Janelle was still working as a government employee as well as juggling the family finances.  She must have thought it would win her points in Kody's favor to become the Worker Bee. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Does it make anyone else super stabby when they read "rn" in posts?  I know it means "right now" but seriously, at this rate people are going to start texting "iggtbsiwttyitm" instead of typing "I've got to go to bed so I will talk to you in the morning."  Or "dywtcofdtn?"  "Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow night?"  Enough, I say!

In 100 years, human hands are going to evolve to be just thumbs and forefingers - just the necessary digits to hold and text at the same time ("ATST" for the youngsters who are going to feel the full wrath of my hose before this day is out).

It makes me SUPER stabby.  Write like an adult.  About 12 years ago right after I started my job I was working up ads for our banner advertising our events.  I asked the concert coordinator to fill out the info.  I get back IDKthestuff.  Hmm.  Ok, I admit I don't know band names.  So on such and such a date IDKthestuff was advertised as playing in my venue.  I have to admit I found it hilarious and frankly would make a funny name.  However,  it is never appropriate to use text speak in a professional environment.  Students.  They can be challenging.

3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My Mormon family is all up in the MLM scam.  They have shilled everything.  No one has struck it rich.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So $5 a meal for something you can make for virtually pennies.  With packaging that can't be recycled.  Very socially conscious of you Pudge. 

You can even cheat and buy premixed "pumpkin pie spices" in the baking section of any grocery store if you are too lazy to shake spices out of more than one container, add cheap oatmeal, milk or water of your choice and throw them in a mason jar in the fridge overnight.  We know Mariah has mason jars because she has shown us pics of her woke green juice in them before.  The beauty of mason jars is you can nuke them and have hot oatmeal with no leached plastics.

Personally I prefer a protein based breakfast to keep me going, not a high-carb fat-storing sloth-inducing breakfast.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Personally I prefer a protein based breakfast to keep me going, not a high-carb fat-storing sloth-inducing breakfast.

I like oatmeal and I know it's considered good for keeping cholesterol in check (if not eaten with a lot of extras) but I am always starving midway through the morning. I need protein as well - an egg will keep me hunger-free until lunch time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8