Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'd rather see her post a picture of her doggos running happily in a dog park than 

Not sure what the photo of her bare toes standing on the grass rather than the sidewalk has to do with the Yazidis, but I suppose I'm missing the deep, woke point she is trying to make.

Well, sure, the hallmark of a COL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

With people like Mariah, it actually makes me angry when they say stuff like this (because it’s so fake). She doesn’t get any points for bringing it up; it’s getting exposure with far more genuine concern than she has given it.

Mariah listens to podcasts about atrocities and then goes back to her privileged life. If she does anything more with this, I’ll be shocked. It’ll be on to the next thing with her because I don’t see her storming the trenches to rescue these women. 

I really don't think she's any worse than a lot of people who try to post "socially conscious" content.  If everyone who posted stuff like this actually followed up you would hear a LOT more about activism.  I really don't think the solution is for everyone who doesn't give up their (privileged) life for a cause to post only crap.  It's like the charities that can do a lot with only $1 donation at a time.  Should you not give them ANY money because you are not willing to go live in your car and give them ALL your money?  Drawing attention to atrocities and helping in a small way is still helping.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Drawing attention to atrocities and helping in a small way is still helping.

Except that she really doesn't put any meat on the matter. It's just throwaway lines and her followers are apparently supposed to do the work themselves on finding more about the problem.  Takes after her mother - post a hint (or a link to her LLR website FB page) and then expect the adoring fans to do the work and look things up.  

I have always hated postings where there are loads of references to issues but absolutely no ideas on how to help.  Lamenting doesn't make any difference, action does - but she gives no concrete ideas whatsoever.

That's not really drawing attention to anything.  It's strictly a feel good moment for her - "wow, I'm so woke, aren't I just the greatest?  Now off to buy more coffee".

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have always hated postings where there are loads of references to issues but absolutely no ideas on how to help.  Lamenting doesn't make any difference, action does - but she gives no concrete ideas whatsoever.

I understand your position, but she does say that you should listen to the podcasts as they will give you a better understanding of the situation.  I'm really not giving her THAT much credit for foresight, but I would much rather someone direct me to the proper resources for information, rather than just ask me for money.

The fact she depends on the podcasts to give her “facts”, shows limited effort, IMO.

By the way, her weekly newsletter arrived once, it has to be a couple of weeks by now. I didn’t save it so I don’t have it to reference.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Don't anyone ask me to listen to podcasts.  Either tell me what you have to say yourself or go away if you trying to produce anything that is trying to sway me.

I'm a podcast junkie myself, but I hear ya! 

(Listening to The Larry Miller Show right this minute, he tickles my funny bone!)

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Don't anyone ask me to listen to podcasts.  Either tell me what you have to say yourself or go away if you trying to produce anything that is trying to sway me.

I confess I am the same way.  Although retired I have 5 different volunteer gigs going every week. I have no time for podcasts so just give me the info or shut up.  I don't have time to dig for it based on a comment from a supercilious snowflake.

• Love 12

I'm a visual learner and prefer to read/skim to get to key facts and be able to find them again, not wait around for a podcaster to get to the point before my mind wanders.  Most interview podcasts waste the first couple of minutes with small talk and rarely do I find a 40-minute podcast that has more than a few minutes of information that I actually want/need.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ok @TurtlePower you just reminded me of the song at the beginning of Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams - "Save the Whales".

Haha, thanks for that memory!  Little known Yeah No fact:  Cheech Marin's cousin was the best man at my wedding almost 39 years ago.  Yeah, he smoked weed, but Mr. Yeah No and I did not.

12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I really don't think she's any worse than a lot of people who try to post "socially conscious" content.  If everyone who posted stuff like this actually followed up you would hear a LOT more about activism.  I really don't think the solution is for everyone who doesn't give up their (privileged) life for a cause to post only crap.  It's like the charities that can do a lot with only $1 donation at a time.  Should you not give them ANY money because you are not willing to go live in your car and give them ALL your money?  Drawing attention to atrocities and helping in a small way is still helping.

I think there are a lot better (and less lazy) ways to draw attention to important issues.  Besides, she does it primarily to look like she cares more about this stuff than she actually does.  It's all for show with her, not substance.  I fail to see how someone that has that motivation is really helping anyone but themselves.

Anyone that can pull a grad. school paper like the one she posted, that's that mediocre and uninspired out of their ass, probably at 3:00 a.m. the night before it's due is not really invested in their concentration of choice.  I say that as someone that was really invested in my grad. school concentration of choice (Counseling Psychology).

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

This is me.  If someone wants to "spread the word", as it were about a pet cause, then they should be prepared to chat with me, and not just direct me to Google, a podcast, or any other links.  I know how to Google, talk to me if you want me to begin to have an interest in your cause.  Show me why you're passionate about this issue, dadnabbit! 😃

• Love 10
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The fact she depends on the podcasts to give her “facts”, shows limited effort, IMO.

See also: Janelle Brown, Strive.  How many times has Janelle posted random facts about something and then directed her followers to Google it themselves because she's too lazy to post a link?  The Browns seem to feel that because they are who they are (Z-list celebs), their followers will be happy to put in the extra work that they themselves are too lazy to do.

15 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm a podcast junkie myself, but I hear ya! 

(Listening to The Larry Miller Show right this minute, he tickles my funny bone!)

Oh my goodness, I have more podcasts queued up to listen to than I'll ever get to!  Side note: I've lost nearly 10 pounds walking while listening to podcasts.  Music doesn't cut it for me anymore, but get me invested in a podcast and I'll walk until I finish the episode.  I've actually searched for a Sister Wives podcast but only found one that talked marginally about the show.  I need one with snark. :)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

See also: Janelle Brown, Strive.  How many times has Janelle posted random facts about something and then directed her followers to Google it themselves because she's too lazy to post a link?  The Browns seem to feel that because they are who they are (Z-list celebs), their followers will be happy to put in the extra work that they themselves are too lazy to do.

Oh my goodness, I have more podcasts queued up to listen to than I'll ever get to!  Side note: I've lost nearly 10 pounds walking while listening to podcasts.  Music doesn't cut it for me anymore, but get me invested in a podcast and I'll walk until I finish the episode.  I've actually searched for a Sister Wives podcast but only found one that talked marginally about the show.  I need one with snark. 🙂

I enjoy podcasts, too. On a trip home we listened to 7 hours of bee keeping. I’m allergic to bees, too, but care enough for them to want them around. We had an Africanized colony living in the eave of our house we needed relocated so we could put in regular bee hives (take that and your “save the bees”, Mariah). 

I don’t care that Mariah—or anyone—enjoys podcasts. It’s how Mariah comes across (fake) that gets me, the whole pretending to care thing. Aside from gay pride parades, when is the last time she took part in a cause or took the time to physically associate herself with something (like honeybees, which is pretty easy to become involved with). 

She posts stuff, pretending to care, then moves on. It’s all for show. I get raising awareness, but she never does any of the leg work. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect is now removing key words, had to replace
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'm a visual learner and prefer to read/skim to get to key facts and be able to find them again, not wait around for a podcaster to get to the point before my mind wanders. 

Ditto. I can't even listen to books on tape while driving or doing anything else - I get distracted and then have to keep going back to figure out what I missed.  I'm a voracious reader though and never have a problem losing my place.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh my goodness, I have more podcasts queued up to listen to than I'll ever get to!  Side note: I've lost nearly 10 pounds walking while listening to podcasts.  Music doesn't cut it for me anymore, but get me invested in a podcast and I'll walk until I finish the episode.  I've actually searched for a Sister Wives podcast but only found one that talked marginally about the show.  I need one with snark. 🙂

The Sister Wives episodes of RealiTV podcast are hilarious. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From a video where she stated she lifted last night, just got done running (in a flannel shirt and jean jacket?), and is going for a massage. Isn’t that special!

EBE87F92-E17A-4456-B94E-9A20618A5F04.jpeg

If I knew how to freaking attach a link to a gif I'd have the Nancy PelosI slow clap here.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From a video where she stated she lifted last night, just got done running (in a flannel shirt and jean jacket?), and is going for a massage. Isn’t that special!

EBE87F92-E17A-4456-B94E-9A20618A5F04.jpeg

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

If I knew how to freaking attach a link to a gif I'd have the Nancy PelosI slow clap here.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I pity the masseuse that has to work on Mariah after she's lifted AND gone running...although I suppose "lifting" could mean she just lifted a coffee cup and "running" might just be that she ran away from someone's hose, so.......

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Wise people don't need to look at their feet to walk.  And thanks, Sofa Sloth, for hosing down that grease mop!

This woman is SO FULL OF HERSELF. 

Wise, self-confident people don’t seek constant validation or daily social media praise. She has a false sense of confidence provided to her by a small group of supporters and it makes me wonder how she would fare without it. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Wise, self-confident people don’t seek constant validation or daily social media praise. She has a false sense of confidence provided to her by a small group of supporters and it makes me wonder how she would fare without it. 

I agree with this 100%.  Sadly, I really think that is a curse of her generation, not just Mariah.  She'd get a lot more respect if she stopped trying to be an "influencer" and just lived her life.  We're all good, bad, messy and sometimes self-absorbed - but most of us don't demand adoration for it.

• Love 21
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

Wise people don't need to look at their feet to walk.  And thanks, Sofa Sloth, for hosing down that grease mop!

Love the hose. She is a twit.  I have to look at my feet to walk because I am old and wear progressive lenses.  But what is her excuse?

• LOL 6
On 10/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, DakotaJustice said:

The Sister Wives episodes of RealiTV podcast are hilarious. 

That was wonderful!  I will have to find the rest of these.  Mr Twopper and I like to listen to podcasts during dinner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/30/2019 at 6:04 PM, deirdra said:

Well, I'm wise.  And I look at my feet a lot when I walk because I'm a klutz.  But she looks like she stepped in dog poo and then looked down at her feet.  

What a terrible photo!!  lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2019 at 1:54 PM, ginger90 said:

That picture is awful. Someone told her it looked like an album cover. Someone else commented that she is wise beyond her years. 

I thought it looked like she was trying for an album cover pose.  Fail.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Twopper said:

That was wonderful!  I will have to find the rest of these.  Mr Twopper and I like to listen to podcasts during dinner.

She covers a lot of different reality shows in a delightfully snarky way. 

https://www.realitvpodcast.com/

You just have to read the descriptions - in Apple podcast she'll often include the time in the episode where she talks about each show. 

Her recaps of Seeking Sister Wife are hilarious as well. These are perfect for COLs like me who can't be bothered to actually sit through these shows.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Her recaps of Seeking Sister Wife are hilarious as well. These are perfect for COLs like me who can't be bothered to actually sit through these shows.

I don't watch much of this show, either.  I did see one with Tony and Mykelti so I understood what this was about.  I have missed seeing several seasons along the way, but I have seen enough for it to be funny.  Mr Twopper hasn't seen any of them, but I occasionally mention them so I think he would still find it funny--especially this one with its reference to wedding costs since we spent a small fortune in 2016 on our daughter's wedding which had an open bar so I think the hostess from the podcast would have approved of our reception;  she would have loved the food since we still get compliments on it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

Well, I'm wise.  And I look at my feet a lot when I walk because I'm a klutz.  But she looks like she stepped in dog poo and then looked down at her feet.  

What a terrible photo!!  lol

Oh god me too!  Super klutz.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh god me too!  Super klutz.  

After I broke my arm and leg rolling down some icy steps in 2015 I got really paranoid about stairs.  It is only in the last year that I have started to go down the four steps from our front porch without hanging on to the handrail which I insisted Mr Twopper install the day after my fall.  I still look at my feet going down steps, but I don't if I am just walking around although maybe I should do it in the house as I have a tendency to stub my toes.  Now that the weather is cold I will wear shoes in the house so the toes are safe until spring.  And Mr Twopper seems to be having a little trouble with one of his legs so he is grateful to have the rail.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

After I broke my arm and leg rolling down some icy steps in 2015 I got really paranoid about stairs.  It is only in the last year that I have started to go down the four steps from our front porch without hanging on to the handrail which I insisted Mr Twopper install the day after my fall.  I still look at my feet going down steps, but I don't if I am just walking around although maybe I should do it in the house as I have a tendency to stub my toes.  Now that the weather is cold I will wear shoes in the house so the toes are safe until spring.  And Mr Twopper seems to be having a little trouble with one of his legs so he is grateful to have the rail.

Oh man!  That sounds horrible.  I have had a few really bad falls and I find myself being super cautious with stairs and being outside.  Uneven pavement/ground is a killer.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh man!  That sounds horrible.  I have had a few really bad falls and I find myself being super cautious with stairs and being outside.  Uneven pavement/ground is a killer.

I was trying to help an older friend negotiate the steps, and I was the one who fell.   I  tried to help her another time, and I managed to fall again, but luckily I didn't break anything;   I no longer offer anyone aid except Mr. Twopper.   I can usually handle uneven ground unless it is raining or dark.  We have a hiking stick that is helpful.

• Love 3

Ha! How is this for being  klutzy?

I have never fallen down the stairs (knock wood) but I have lost track of how many times I have fallen going up the stairs. My bony shins were not designed for that and OMG how embarassing when there are witnesses!

"Watermelon Man" Gallagher riffed on totally accidentally banging his new baby's head while going through a doorway when he was new at holding her. "She didn't even cry. She just looked up at me like, "Are you that fucking stupid?"

That's the look I get when people see me fall going upstairs. The silver lining is they're too busy being disgusted to laugh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I can identify with klutz.  I am a regular walker (when you get to be my age, it's needed) and I've tripped and fallen on just a slight irregularity in pavement, in dry weather.  I do look down more than I used to, since then.

Mariah is a huge phony.  She's all about herself, looking woke, and being unbearably pretentious.  Since her also phony parentage decided to make their lives "public" via TLC, she's been corrupted since her teens.  I feel sympathy for Audrey.  It's almost like Mariah's "sister wife" is her social media.  If they do go through with a weddingk, I'm not hopeful that it's going to last.  

• Love 7