Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Don't forget the cast iron skillet!  

"Grace to others?"  That's rich, coming from Pretentious Pudgy Poo-Poo Princess.  She couldn't offer grace to anyone if she tried.  Me, me, me, self-love, self-care, SELFISH beyond measure.  Go suck an egg, fool.

Especially her own mother. She will make a great SW!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

My guess, read that book she showed and you will get the gist of her paper. 😉

ETA: She sure looked shaky to me in that yoga video. You'd think for the expert she claims to be that  she' be very smooth and composed. Not that I could do any of what she did at all, but then I don't proclaim to be an expert teacher either.

She's lifting a lot of weight on those moves!  Just saying....

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sofa, you are wonderful!  Can't stop laughing here, and you continue to create those priceless pix of cranky COL's.  That toilet plunger is just what Miss Wokefulness needs for that greasy mop.  Sign me up. ❤️

This so much!! Thanks Sofa!!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Please contact your local representative to purchase any of the revolutionary products featured in this newsletter!  

I would like to order a broom, please.  I think I have all the other items including 2 rolling pins. Also I have 2 pianos to drown out the woke folx when zhey sing the song of zheir peeps. 

This is hilarious!!!  

Our broom holder broke and the poor thing was stuffed in a corner in a small closet and the straws are all flipped up.   Almost totally useless now. 

• LOL 8
On 9/28/2019 at 9:13 AM, deirdra said:

I need to heal after watching that video of a pale manatee doing yoga while watching non-zen TV.  

I thought this comparison was too harsh actually; Manatees obviously wash themselves clean all the time, so it’s a bit unfair to them 😉 

Nah I totally see it and you’re hilarious (also we are going to hell). 

773F28CE-10D1-4E22-BEC3-4BDFE3DC802C.thumb.jpeg.d5529384c269954fd1037fb9792a5d8f.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

230B07F9-3744-488E-93D9-A9C7BBFB7C63.jpeg

More self-love bullshit from the Queen of Woke Folx?  What the actual fuck?  

Gawd, Pudge, get over yourself.  Ditch Sludge and just marry yourself.  That's all you care about, from the looks of it.

Hahaha, dying here, that manatee comparison is perfect!  

• Love 13
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

More self-love bullshit from the Queen of Woke Folx?  What the actual fuck?  

Gawd, Pudge, get over yourself.  Ditch Sludge and just marry yourself.  That's all you care about, from the looks of it.

Hahaha, dying here, that manatee comparison is perfect!  

Sheesh. The last thing she needs is more teaching/encouragement on how to self love. She’s already got that down pat.

I think I’ll send her some more appropriate reading material for next weekend (as a thank you for appearing in the ad campaign for Unwoke COL).

D9D70DC6-F74C-4413-8A15-2C111330ED5D.thumb.jpeg.290aa014364fe62cbada17932b49f40b.jpeg 

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

Self love!  Me!  I!  Me me me love!!  Self love for me and I!  I always love me!  Me me me self me self self self I I I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Gosh, and in the next room her rainbow partner for life slides into a months-long deep depression.

Pudge, I think you've got the self-love down pat.  Perhaps lift your eyes from your constant naval-gazing and take a quick look around you once in awhile, you pretentious poser snowflake.

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Self love!  Me!  I!  Me me me love!!  Self love for me and I!  I always love me!  Me me me self me self self self I I I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Gosh, and in the next room her rainbow partner for life slides into a months-long deep depression.

Pudge, I think you've got the self-love down pat.  Perhaps lift your eyes from your constant naval-gazing and take a quick look around you once in awhile, you pretentious poser snowflake.

This. ALL MARIAH DOES is love herself. I suspect she only “cares” about certain causes on the surface, as it suits HER, to make herself appear more woke.  It comes across so fake.

She’s right up there with Whitney Thore in  the narcissism department. 

• Love 14
On 9/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, Kohola3 said:

Oh, for fuck's sake what kind of trauma has she had in her snowflake life.  She's been a privileged spoiled brat from the get go.  What the hell does she have to "heal" from.

Haven't you heard of the catfish incident?!?!?!?!?! with her MOM?????!?! 😱

• LOL 11
15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This. ALL MARIAH DOES is love herself. I suspect she only “cares” about certain causes on the surface, as it suits HER, to make herself appear more woke.  It comes across so fake.

She’s right up there with Whitney Thore in  the narcissism department. 

Perhaps because of these two and the increasing numbers of narcissistic young people I read about I've been reading on this subject and it seems that narcissism is on the rise in our society, especially in the younger generation.  No one knows why but theories abound.  When I look at Mariah she seems like the result of a combination of inherited traits leading to a strong personality and the way she was raised.  Some people think too much praise when growing up is to blame.  Others think it's a strange combination of parental over-indulgence and emotional neglect.  I think Mariah was raised to think she was special and because she grew up in some ways apart from the others, she thought herself unique and above the rest and thus above sharing and sacrificing anything.  Obviously, Meri's financial arrangement in which she got the same budget as the other wives that had many more children fed into that entitlement in Mariah.  I can see how Meri's attitude about her place in the family as Mariah was growing up being "first wife" shows that she could have passed down some of that attitude to Mariah (like the incident with her insisting on the big mansion with the wet bar).  I have often felt that a lot of the Brown children are surprisingly un-like Mariah even WITH the reality show.  But when you look at their mothers, like doormats Christine and Janelle, you can see why.  Those mothers probably tried to instill a sense of self-sacrifice in their kids (or at least modeled it) while I can see that any such message somehow did not come across from Meri to Mariah, probably because Meri was too busy modeling selfishness to send it.

This article on the subject is interesting.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

Regarding Mariah, I agree with what you've said, @Yeah No, 100%.  She was raised entitled.  We've seen several glimpses into that during the span of this show.  Her siblings seemed to enjoy pranking her to get a reaction out of her.  She was likely seen as the Princess in the Tower who couldn't be touched, the one who never had to share a bedroom, always got plenty to eat, received her mom's undivided attention and probably much of Kody's as well.  If her parents fawned over every crap she took, then yes - we are being treated to a grown-up version of that same princess.  I highly doubt that she will ever change.  She's the spawn of Kody's narcissism and Meri's superiority.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She's the spawn of Kody's narcissism and Meri's superiority.

And I honestly wonder about this whole queer tale. Is it for real or just another way for her to get attention?  A flagrant "screw you" to Kootie and his fake religion?  A way to garner another audience for her influencer career?  Guess time will tell.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And I honestly wonder about this whole queer tale. Is it for real or just another way for her to get attention?  A flagrant "screw you" to Kootie and his fake religion?  A way to garner another audience for her influencer career?  Guess time will tell.

I don’t get the influencer thing with Mariah. I get it when it comes to someone like Paris Hilton; she wears such-and-such sunglasses and they become a thing. But Mariah? Who is this self-promoting-but-just-average ego maniac influencing besides a small group of followers? 

She isn’t an expert at anything. She holds no clout in yoga, she has no training in nutrition, she is new to running. She doesn’t even look fit so she can’t sell that; she looks soft, sallow, grungy and pudgy—with a lousy personality as the cherry on top. Nothing to sell there. 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t get the influencer thing with Mariah. I get it when it comes to someone like Paris Hilton; she wears such-and-such sunglasses and they become a thing. But Mariah? Who is this self-promoting-but-just-average ego maniac influencing besides a small group of followers? 

She isn’t an expert at anything. She holds no clout in yoga, she has no training in nutrition, she is new to running. She doesn’t even look fit so she can’t sell that; she looks soft, sallow, grungy and pudgy—with a lousy personality as the cherry on top. Nothing to sell there. 

But she LOVES HERSELF!  I totally agree with you.  Nothing to sell there.  Influencer to gorge oneself on avocado toast, overpriced coffee/assorted drinks, and crappy yoga poses?  Hard, hard pass, for this COL.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

And yet how many glowing, gushing remarks does she have every time she makes some insipid posting? It's mind-boggling to this COL.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Again with the turned-in feet!  I hope Mother Meri fills that she's getting her money's worth.  Actually, Meri's money is her sycophants' money.  I hope they fill that THEY are getting their money's worth.  

The winsome little girl look simply doesn't work when wearing a pair of size 12 canvas scampers.  Not "cute as heck".

Why is she staring at the one blank cubby in that wall unit?

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

The winsome little girl look simply doesn't work when wearing a pair of size 12 canvas scampers.  Not "cute as heck".

Why is she staring at the one blank cubby in that wall unit?

Her mind's a blank.  So much stress from grad school, and ya know, life 😉

This family and certain members more so than others, are weird.  That's the nicest thingK I can think of at the moment.  These "artfully" posed pics are so dumb.  

• Love 6
On 10/1/2019 at 6:38 AM, laurakaye said:

Regarding Mariah, I agree with what you've said, @Yeah No, 100%.  She was raised entitled.  We've seen several glimpses into that during the span of this show.  Her siblings seemed to enjoy pranking her to get a reaction out of her.  She was likely seen as the Princess in the Tower who couldn't be touched, the one who never had to share a bedroom, always got plenty to eat, received her mom's undivided attention and probably much of Kody's as well.  If her parents fawned over every crap she took, then yes - we are being treated to a grown-up version of that same princess.  I highly doubt that she will ever change.  She's the spawn of Kody's narcissism and Meri's superiority.

I totally agree. It would not surprise me rubbing it in to her siblings about the mcmansion just for her and her mother, all her space, her own room. I remember that episode where she cried about not being able to be in the house by Christmas. She reminded me of Veruca Salt. I bet only 1/4 of her siblings actually like her and that's being generous.

image.png.b2bcfde497a511d67c9445c9f08b3f38.png

( I really need to get photoshop )

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My reaction to this post is probably inappropriate, so I’ll just post........ along with Meri’s reply:

5C6A091A-F301-4A28-BDB2-0912CE640369.jpeg

I honestly don't know what she's looking for here.  A March Past with a Salute?  If Mariah feels invalidated, that's on her.  There are many people struggling just to exist that don't seek this mass approval and accolades just for being who they are and are feeling isolated and confronting daily challenges.

The funny thing is, Mariah is so damn prickly, that if there was a groundswell of folx validating her, she would promptly tell them to mind their own business, who she loves should not concern anyone else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

"struggling, isolated, erasure, validation, identity, permission" - a whole bowl of word salad for "poor me".  And it's so far from the truth she can't even see it. What a load of hogwash, you entitled queer (supposedly) special snowflake.

I can show you whole populations of people who have the right to feel that way.  You. do. not.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Who is making her feel invalidated?  If she wants to see what invalidated looks like she should be forced to endure what it was like for queer folk 40-50-60-70 years ago or more.  She is living in a time when acceptance of her lifestyle is greater in our country than it's EVER been.  She has rights, advantages and public support she or even most women in general would never have even had 40 years ago now, so WTF is she complaining about?  Some stupid kids on the internet that have nothing better to do than insult EVERYONE?  Geez, stop thinking a minority of assholes equal the whole bunch because that's just not reality.  I just can't take it with these "wolk" folks looking for a reason to cry victim and generalizing from a very small group to thinking people are persecuting them around every corner!  Look at the bright side, kiddo, you could have been born 100 years ago and expected to be a sister wife to an asshole like your FATHER or WORSE and have to plunk out children every year until your uterus gives out.  Please don't get me started!!!  😠

Love X 1,000. ❤️

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Who is making her feel invalidated?  If she wants to see what invalidated looks like she should be forced to endure what it was like for queer folk 40-50-60-70 years ago or more.  She is living in a time when acceptance of her lifestyle is greater in our country than it's EVER been.  She has rights, advantages and public support she or even most women in general would never have even had 40 years ago now, so WTF is she complaining about?  Some stupid kids on the internet that have nothing better to do than insult EVERYONE?  Geez, stop thinking a minority of assholes equal the whole bunch because that's just not reality.  I just can't take it with these "wolk" folks looking for a reason to cry victim and generalizing from a very small group to thinking people are persecuting them around every corner!  Look at the bright side, kiddo, you could have been born 100 years ago and expected to be a sister wife to an asshole like your FATHER or WORSE and have to plunk out children every year until your uterus gives out.  Please don't get me started!!!  😠

THIS. 

Mariah’s acting like it’s 50 years ago or something. There are still haters, but it’s very widely accepted now, more than it has ever been. I think it’s pretty amazing, but here’s Mariah the Victim, following right in her mother’s footsteps. 

• Love 17

Can’t seem to get the quote box to cooperate.

”Geez, stop thinking a minority of assholes equal the whole bunch because that's just not reality. “

Precisely.

Life is a two way street. Mariah hasn’t learned this. That is what bugs me about her post. That’s my polite  interpretation.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 15