Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Awful lot of fat rolls on the ankle of a young, vegan, supposedly active “runner” and yoga fanatic. Yet she thinks she needs to slow down, maybe grab a vegan hot dog and chill and love herself some more. As far as being “gentle with herself”, looks like she’s mastered that. 

Just when you think Mariah can’t get any more annoying, she does. I’ve never heard so many proclamations of “self love” come out of anyone, ever. I think “radical self love” is what sent me over the edge. 

Yep, extra snarky today while I prepare to NOT slow down and work on my fitness because I don’t have time to lay around and love myself. If I did that, I’d have fat ankles, too. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Just when you think Mariah can’t get any more annoying, she does. I’ve never heard so many proclamations of “self love” come out of anyone, ever. I think “radical self love” is what sent me over the edge. 

Wondering how she manifests all this "radical self-love" (eyeroll) while apparently her SO, the rainbow love of her life, has been battling severe depression for months.  Something's off here...maybe take five from the navel-gazing, Sludge, and see what's going on with the person sitting across from you at the kitchen table.

Mariah must be so exhausting to live with.  No wonder her bonus siblings didn't seem to like her all that much.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry, the nuns beat correct grammar into me as a kid. I just can't with the "them" and "they".  I remain an unrepentant, unwoke COL.

I can hear Sister Grace rolling in her grave now.  She swatted some guy with a broom once.  Even my aunt Sister Mary M who only taught art would be appalled.  

Even my trans relative thinks this is stupid.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

5D1F709F-BA9C-4231-8594-9F1842A0CEE6.jpeg

I'm pretty left leaning and have a gay daughter but you don't educate people by being a rude beeotch! Gawd this girl gets on my nerves! If she's so "woke" than she would know that sometimes we just have to meet people where they are in life. Acceptance and tolerance is a two way street. Some people aren't going to accept the "they" pronoun because of the generational gap, some people will never accept gay people, get over it. I don't think it's right either, but this is the US and people are free to have their own views. Her inflated ego needs to be knocked down a few notches. 

• Love 22

I read a book where the author used " they" as a personal pronoun which after I understood who in the story she was talking about was fine. Someone else came into the room and then she used " they" for both of them. I lost track of the story trying to figure out who was there. Honestly I am not comfortable with the new usage, but I am old so that may be part of it. I will call anyone what ever they want me to call them.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Roslyn said:

And poor Audrey.  If she is coming out saying about depression since going to Chicago, yet everyone is seeing how Mariah is so filled with the love of self and soaking in the love of the city...yet her chosen partner is struggling...it makes you wonder if a large part of that is the fact that Audrey gets to watch Mariah soak up all the attention from her followers, yet not give any attention back.  In a way it is a three way relationship.  Mariah in person, Audrey and Instagram Mariah. Sadly Mariah only seems to have eyes for Instagram and herself.

I'm wondering how much of it is actual depression and how much is just making an excuse for beings months behind on filling orders and shipping out the lulaRAGS 

It's a great way to get away with being a lazy ass who spent most the summer travelling around with Pudge and ignoring her work.

You can't really get pissy with someone who is depressed and struggling even if it means waiting months for your frock to arrive.  🙄

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I read a book where the author used " they" as a personal pronoun which after I understood who in the story she was talking about was fine. Someone else came into the room and then she used " they" for both of them. I lost track of the story trying to figure out who was there. Honestly I am not comfortable with the new usage, but I am old so that may be part of it. I will call anyone what ever they want me to call them.

I'm probably about your age and not comfortable with that stuff either but that's because I think a lot of it is an overreaction and not a solution to problems that may need solving some other way, not because I'm a so-called COL.  And therefore I refuse to apologize for it by chalking it up to my age.  I'm not clueless because I'm old, I'm a thinking person with a valid opinion.  Which is more than you can say for the Mariah's of the world that jump on every trendy bandwagon just because it seems "woke" and "cool".  But then again it's not about thinking deep thoughts for her or thinking about the implications of some of these things but being trendy and cool and having everyone think she is.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

This is a completely normal day for many working or studying people, (especially parents), most of the world is in the same boat, or much worse off than you, when it comes to being busy. Welcome to reality special snowflake. 

And how much of her 12 hour day was spent in coffee shops, yoga poses, taking selfies, and posting on SM? 

I'm retired and still occasionally have 12 hour days with my volunteer activities.  It's rare and its something that I want to do rather than have to do so I'm grateful I can still manage it.  

Snowflake is in for a rude awakening when she finally (if ever) gets a paying job and has do that on a daily basis.

• Love 21
40 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I sincerely hope this post doesn’t come across as ‘poor me’, she just needs a serious reality check if a few 12 hour days of life is worth a ‘I work so hard’ post. I was pulling 12 hour shifts even as a teenage checkout chick and then studying after as well once 🙄 This is a completely normal day for many working or studying people, (especially parents), most of the world is in the same boat, or much worse off than you, when it comes to being busy. Welcome to reality special snowflake. 

Oh, you'll hear no "poor me" from me - I hear you and I've already posted about my grueling grad. school schedule while working full time plus doing internships and working part time on weekends on top of that (not to mention the weekend and summer classes).  To those of us that had to work a real job through both college and grad. school the reaction is "cry me a river, Mariah".  A 12 hour day would have felt like a vacation! 

• Love 14
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

How about calling people by their names, speaking/writing in the plural or rearranging sentences so that he/she, his/her and they/them are not needed?

I think part of the problem for me is that “they” is a plural form in traditional usage, so I have to consciously remind myself who the pronoun is referring to... In Swedish/Norwegian/Danish the pronouns are HAN for “he” and HUN for “she” so they have been using HEN for gender non-conforming/fluid and I think it would be much easier for English speakers if we had a word that was between “he” and “she” that could sound different but clearly refer to one person but that’s just this COL’s opinion...

Edited by Shieldmaiden
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Shieldmaiden said:

I think part of the problem for me is that “they” is a plural form in traditional usage, so I have to consciously remind myself who the pronoun is referring to... In Swedish/Norwegian/Danish the pronouns are HAN for “him” and HUN for “her” so they have been using HEN for gender non-conforming/fluid and I think it would be much easier for English speakers if we had a word that was between “he” and “she” that could sound different but clearly refer to one person but that’s just this COL’s opinion...

Others have come up with pronouns that do not break grammar rules as obviously, like: Xe/xem/xyr/xyrs/xemself.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, LoneWolf said:

Let's unpack this, shall we?

Thank you, @LoneWolf. Now that you've translated the incomprehensible Mariah ramblings into plain snark speak, I feel like I should go take another shower just to wash the stench that has surely wafted from Chicago to my little monitor in Idaho.

Should have read further to see that this was a parody of a parody. Still funny & still want a shower!

Edited by Nysha
Reading is fundamental.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have 12+ hour days pretty often, but I love my job and my volunteering so you'll hear no griping from my corner! 

But, but -- when do you have time to contemplate your self-care rituals, take pensive selfies and compose your deepest thoughts for social media consumption?  

19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Others have come up with pronouns that do not break grammar rules as obviously, like: Xe/xem/xyr/xyrs/xemself.

Coming in a bit late to this discussion, but my college sophomore daughter floored me the other day when she said that each student is personally and privately asked by their professors what pronoun they would like associated with their name.  Apparently there are 38 or so to choose from.  I like to think I am open-minded and sensitive but you could've knocked me over with a feather, as grandma used to say.  I just had no idea.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

I'm pretty left leaning and have a gay daughter but you don't educate people by being a rude beeotch! Gawd this girl gets on my nerves! If she's so "woke" than she would know that sometimes we just have to meet people where they are in life. Acceptance and tolerance is a two way street. Some people aren't going to accept the "they" pronoun because of the generational gap, some people will never accept gay people, get over it. I don't think it's right either, but this is the US and people are free to have their own views. Her inflated ego needs to be knocked down a few notches. 

And all she is at this point is a spewer of platitudes.  All we see is her posting pensive shots of her in an alley, pics of expensive food, sweaty yoga poses, shots of her exasperated looking dogs, etc.  Get back to me when you volunteer somewhere or do something for SOMEONE besides yourself Princess of Sweaty Wokeness.

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

325470CC-0BD8-471C-974B-18986A3462BF.jpeg

Can I just say I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of these sort of shots?  My cousin does it all the time and it is irritating AF.  I would shoot her with the hose but I frankly she probably would enjoy an effort free shower.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

But, but -- when do you have time to contemplate your self-care rituals, take pensive selfies and compose your deepest thoughts for social media consumption?  

Coming in a bit late to this discussion, but my college sophomore daughter floored me the other day when she said that each student is personally and privately asked by their professors what pronoun they would like associated with their name.  Apparently there are 38 or so to choose from.  I like to think I am open-minded and sensitive but you could've knocked me over with a feather, as grandma used to say.  I just had no idea.

I have been in meetings where everyone goes around and says their preferred pronoun.  Ok, but this little task just took about 15 minutes of our limited time and I don't really care what I am called as long as its not asshole.  In my job I am often mean old lady, scary old lady but the one I took most offense to was soccer mom.  It still made me laugh.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

And all she is at this point is a spewer of platitudes.  All we see is her posting pensive shots of her in an alley, pics of expensive food, sweaty yoga poses, shots of her exasperated looking dogs, etc.  Get back to me when you volunteer somewhere or do something for SOMEONE besides yourself Princess of Sweaty Wokeness.

Can I just say I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of these sort of shots?  My cousin does it all the time and it is irritating AF.  I would shoot her with the hose but I frankly she probably would enjoy an effort free shower.

"Princess of Sweaty Wokeness."  I am going to hold my breath until we get the thread name changed to this.

And I am high-fiving you through my monitor for the bolded part.  I am of the generation that took photos on a camera, waited a week or so to get them developed and then threw out half of them because they sucked.  It's rather fascinating to live with one foot in the pre-smartphone days and one foot mired in the muck of having to navigate social media while at the same time loathing much of what's on there.

Also shut up, Mariah.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"Princess of Sweaty Wokeness."  I am going to hold my breath until we get the thread name changed to this.

And I am high-fiving you through my monitor for the bolded part.  I am of the generation that took photos on a camera, waited a week or so to get them developed and then threw out half of them because they sucked.  It's rather fascinating to live with one foot in the pre-smartphone days and one foot mired in the muck of having to navigate social media while at the same time loathing much of what's on there.

Also shut up, Mariah.

Why thank you!!!!!  I am of the same generation and I found some rolls of undeveloped film not that long ago.  What a pain in the ass that was!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

My COL opinion here FWIW (and apparently that's not much these days) is that this is just another overboard solution to a problem that could probably be much better solved by something much simpler.  But I guess that's expecting too much these days.  I'm all for the third option, xe, ze, or whatever would be the simplest solution.  38 is really too much if you ask me (and apparently no one does ask me).  No one could keep track of all that.  Are all the DMV forms going to be changed to accommodate this?  I remember when we went over to including "Ms." as an option on forms in addition to "Miss" and "Mrs.".  I was happy about that and have used it ever since.  But 38 different options?  Are you freaking kidding me?  No one had an option that was THAT specific about whatever they are throughout history, and I just don't see why that's so necessary.  Pick one and everyone that doesn't want to identify with one of the traditional ones can decide how it fits them in their minds, just like I've had to do with "Ms." for over 30 years.  "Ms." doesn't tell the world anything really specific about your marital status, just that you don't want to be specific.  Why does everyone have to air their business out for all to see?  Most of us don't want to know.  We accept you whatever you are, we don't need to know.  OK, rant over....😒

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

But 38 different options?  Are you freaking kidding me?

Utterly ridiculous.  And all of the hyperventilating when someone inadvertently uses the "wrong" one.  If someone calls me Mrs. in error I just smile and move on.  I don't feel the need to correct it, it's not like swearing at me, it's not that big a deal.  These people need to start worrying about real things not this superficial crap.

4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Why does everyone have to air their business out for all to see?

That's it in a nutshell.  The younger generation have absolutely no filters and think they need to blow every perceived slight out of proportion.  Just because I don't care if you're queer even after you announced it isn't a slap in your face. I JUST DON'T FREAKING CARE!

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Utterly ridiculous.  And all of the hyperventilating when someone inadvertently uses the "wrong" one.  If someone calls me Mrs. in error I just smile and move on.  I don't feel the need to correct it, it's not like swearing at me, it's not that big a deal.  These people need to start worrying about real things not this superficial crap.

That's it in a nutshell.  The younger generation have absolutely no filters and think they need to blow every perceived slight out of proportion.  Just because I don't care if you're queer even after you announced it isn't a slap in your face. I JUST DON'T FREAKING CARE!

THIS^^^^^ 1000 times!

• Love 12

I don't use titles and always leave that field blank unless software won't let you move on without choosing one, but if someone asks "is it Ms, Mrs, Miss" I say "Dr". That shuts them up.  Why is anyone's marital status, gender identity or sexual preference anyone's business when you're at work or shopping or living your life?  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I've tried to get actual work done in a coffee place, and just find it very challenging to focus. It's one thing to be surfing the net or shopping on Amazon, but real work - forget it. 

Guess I'm just not woke enough.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Which was exactly the main point of the gay rights movement - to be treated equally. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

I don't use titles and always leave that field blank unless software won't let you move on without choosing one, but if someone asks "is it Ms, Mrs, Miss" I say "Dr". That shuts them up.  Why is anyone's marital status, gender identity or sexual preference anyone's business when you're at work or shopping or living your life?  

I don’t get why that’s a requirement at all and also do not want a “title”. We have names. Isn’t that enough? 

Imagine if Mariah gets her PhD? Will she call herself doctxr? 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t get why that’s a requirement at all and also do not want a “title”. We have names. Isn’t that enough? 

Imagine if Mariah gets her PhD? Will she call herself doctxr? 

When she completes the course of study she is on now, will she have her Mistress in Social Work?

• LOL 12
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

519538D3-1EC4-4D69-9946-A8144B8CC262.jpeg

Well I don't know about y'all but I won't sleep tonight without knowing what new woke drink Snowflake is consuming.  If it was important enough to carefully arrange into the shot, then we obviously need to know what it is, what it contains, if it's organic/gluten-free/soy-free/dairy-free/vegan, etc.  Careful, Sludge, your game is slipping just a bit.  Don't let it happen again as we are all sitting here on pins and needles.  Smooches!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Some sort of milk. 

It is awfully bubbly,  It reminds me of the homemade milkshakes we made as children.  Milk and vanilla ice cream in a mason jar.  When we shook the mason jar,  it made similar bubbles.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It is awfully bubbly,  It reminds me of the homemade milkshakes we made as children.  Milk and vanilla ice cream in a mason jar.  When we shook the mason jar,  it made similar bubbles.

It reminded me of the reconstituted powdered milk we drank as kids. We weren't poor, but for some reason mom preferred it for years!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It reminded me of the reconstituted powdered milk we drank as kids. We weren't poor, but for some reason mom preferred it for years!

My Grandmother always kept powdered milk around and she would mix it up for herself.  She preferred the taste because she drank it as a child during the depression.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

My Grandmother always kept powdered milk around and she would mix it up for herself.  She preferred the taste because she drank it as a child during the depression.

I used to always keep it in case I ran short of milk for a recipe.  Seldom used it.  My husband's family tells of an extremely  poor cousin during the depression.  Her family could not afford any type of milk so they ate cornflakes with water for meals. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Some sort of milk. 

But, but, but....vegan!  Save the earth!  Woke!  Plant-based!  Subjugation of femxle cxws! (I just made that one up but don't give Pudge any more ideas on which to preach.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Subjugation of femxle cxws! (I just made that one up but don't give Pudge any more ideas on which to preach.)

But you may be onto something, @Kohola3. Technically all cows are female, but maybe some would identify as femxle. Perhaps Mariah can go study the herd and leave human clients alone. 😆

• LOL 10
  • Love 1