Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

She doesn't care. Mother Meri will rush out a new laptop asap if Snowflake needs one...why worry about spills, she's covered  by mama Meri!

Mariah only cares about the latest craze to “care” about to make her look like she cares. 

I’m ruffled she was looking at a page for people with disabilities given the crap (LIES) she pulled with the airlines. Does she think we forgot about that? We don’t see her with her “required” companion very often, do we? Meanwhile, there are people out there with real disabilities who are insulted and angered by her actions (myself included). 

Gosh she’s such a fake—and people are too stupid to see it! 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meanwhile, there are people out there with real disabilities who are insulted and angered by her actions (myself included). 

I believe even their sycophants took them to task for that whole debacle. Isn't that when Sludge shot back about their twin "mental illnesses" and then subsequently shut down her site because of the "abuse"?  They deserved every nasty comment and then some.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

No you dumbass it's not. Leisurely sitting at a cafe typing away isn't what most of us call it. 

Does she not have Wi-F- at home?  I would find it distracting to work in a public place, never mind the time to travel to the bistro and set herself up.  What does she do with all these woke ingredients she shops for, she seems to take most of her meals in restaurants?

• Love 8

Yada, yada, yada, aren't I just the deepest, wokest, busiest soul in the universe.  I barely have time to spew out the gibberish in my narcissistic little brain and take pictures of the food I am buying at my local bistro because I am, you know, so BUSY.

Heaven help her if I ever actually run across her in person.  She's cruisin' for a bruisin'.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

According to the photo of her full calendar she posted a couple of weeks ago, she is doing internships two days a week as well as 2-3 courses that each meet once a week, and she had to remind herself to commute to school and "work".  I certainly hope nobody is paying her to not work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

"I love change, but I also thrive on routine."

She is exhausting.

I know right?

I would expect to see that on a job resume maybe, but unless she’s wanting to be hired by somebody, why is she waffling about herself like that? Nobody gives a damn. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I would expect to see that on a job resume maybe, but unless she’s wanting to be hired by somebody, why is she waffling about herself like that?

But I bet her adoring fans are all squealing with delight and proclaiming "you must see into my soul because I feel exactly the same way.   You're so wise, so deep, so insightful.  I worship you, Woke One".

Behold, the future of the world.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mariah is working on some necessary change that needs to happen??? 

Isn't that a redundant statement?  If it's necessary then it needs to happen.

But, you know, famous grad student and all.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

When I went to social work school we had two days of classes, two days of internship but many, many papers to research and write.  That was the most time consuming part of getting that degree.   Plus writing up the detailed notes of everything that went on in the internship.  And this was before the internet so it was all in the actual library.  I guess it's different with being able to use a laptop

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

That questionnaire has to be a joke! 😆  Is she seriously conducting market research on herself and who people want her to be? What a damn sell-out!  Just be yourself and if you’re not interesting enough to hold a captive audience on your own steam, then exit gracefully out of the public eye you moron. 

I can’t wait to see the answers that this forum gives her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Knowing how her followers adore as this self-proclaimed reincarnation of the Dali Lama I'm sure there will be tons of gushy "you're perfect as you are, don't change a thing my Muse, my Inspiration, my Pathway to Wokeness".

They are all as clueless as she is.  More so because they buy into this crap and also buy whatever she's currently hawking.

(I have to remember to point my hose AWAY from my laptop.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

When I went to social work school we had two days of classes, two days of internship but many, many papers to research and write.  That was the most time consuming part of getting that degree.   Plus writing up the detailed notes of everything that went on in the internship.  And this was before the internet so it was all in the actual library.  I guess it's different with being able to use a laptop 

I looked at all that is required for the double social justice and social work master's program, and I don't understand all the free time she has to be giving advice

• Love 6

"What have I not talked about that you would be interested in?"

I would like you to talk about how you can afford to attend grad school, go to Bali for yoga lessons, eat at expensive restaurants constantly, etc. without a job?   

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Knowing how her followers adore as this self-proclaimed reincarnation of the Dali Lama I'm sure there will be tons of gushy "you're perfect as you are, don't change a thing my Muse, my Inspiration, my Pathway to Wokeness".

They are all as clueless as she is.  More so because they buy into this crap and also buy whatever she's currently hawking.

13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But I bet her adoring fans are all squealing with delight and proclaiming "you must see into my soul because I feel exactly the same way.   You're so wise, so deep, so insightful.  I worship you, Woke One".

Behold, the future of the world.

She does have plenty of those usually, But I was pleased to see on her latest post only 7 comments (none of them super gushing) and one of them was this:-

10DFA910-AE55-40CD-BFA1-A61A3A09383C.thumb.jpeg.e19777084aa04521dd26695028538477.jpeg

So far it’s still unanswered (and I’m sure it will stay unanswered). But I want to see more people call her out like this. She’s solely famous for a TV show that promotes a lifestyle that degrades and lessens the worth of women, yet she supposedly promotes equality and feminism. I want to know why she never gives insight on how she was raised and her personal views on polygamy. It seems contradictory to me to not acknowledge the struggles in her own backyard, when she’s trying to ‘make necessary change in the world’ 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Also here’s another non-smoozer to warm your heart @Kohola3 from the taco post A51FE0F4-315C-4C10-9F4B-C60C1E0187AD.thumb.jpeg.0e049484888e5109df92d391b7250308.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I looked at all that is required for the double social justice and social work master's program, and I don't understand all the free time she has to be giving advice

I am no genius and I did go to an accredited program but I did have time in my day. I was a single mother back in those days and it was a lot of work but it wasn’t like medical school. I would have had time for a stupid post or two a day. If there were social media back then. College kids have time to work/date/party. Even some grad school students. Mr lookeyloo was getting a PhD in biochemistry but he had time for us to date and for other interests. I don’t know what her mental capacity is as far as capabilities but she did graduate from college. I am no fan of hers and think she is a useless twit and her posts are ridiculous but I can see where she would have time to do them. Again - no fan of hers

• Love 7
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am no genius and I did go to an accredited program but I did have time in my day. I was a single mother back in those days and it was a lot of work but it wasn’t like medical school. I would have had time for a stupid post or two a day. If there were social media back then. College kids have time to work/date/party. Even some grad school students. Mr lookeyloo was getting a PhD in biochemistry but he had time for us to date and for other interests. I don’t know what her mental capacity is as far as capabilities but she did graduate from college. I am no fan of hers and think she is a useless twit and her posts are ridiculous but I can see where she would have time to do them. Again - no fan of hers

I might agree with you but she does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on leisure activities based on what she posts online, including cooking all her "woke" food, considering all she should have to do as a student.

I pursued a M.S. in Counseling Psych back in the '80s in a program with an excellent reputation from a big university.  I was working full time and living alone and I had pretty much no social life for 2 years.  Heck, I didn't even see the bottom of my SINK for 2 years (very very unusual for me). 😮  But I was in a very rigorous program that didn't cater to working students plus I was determined to pull straight A's, which I did.  I also had internships on top of working full time.  I really doubt Mariah would ever sign on for that kind of workload.  She wouldn't have enough time to cultivate her online persona as a faux "woke" princess/social justice guru and lounge around cafés sipping iced matchas.  She'd be at home trying to have some really meaningful thoughts to put into her school projects.  😏

I truly wonder what passes for "education" in some institutions of higher learning these days.  If her courses are anything like the trendy BS she spews online I probably wouldn't even consider it a real education.  I've heard some of the more "woke" course titles in some of these schools and it really shocks me what passes for "knowledge" these days.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Also here’s another non-smoozer to warm your heart @Kohola3 from the taco post 

Thanks for posting the comments!  I don't do IG and would probably be blocked immediately because, at my age, I have no filters and would be more than happy to post exactly what I though of her and her obnoxious drivel.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I might agree with you but she does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on leisure activities based on what she posts online, including cooking all her "woke" food, considering all she should have to do as a student.

I pursued a M.S. in Counseling Psych back in the '80s in a program with an excellent reputation from a big university.  I was working full time and living alone and I had pretty much no social life for 2 years.  Heck, I didn't even see the bottom of my SINK for 2 years (very very unusual for me). 😮  But I was in a very rigorous program that didn't cater to working students plus I was determined to pull straight A's, which I did.  I also had internships on top of working full time.  I really doubt Mariah would ever sign on for that kind of workload.  She wouldn't have enough time to cultivate her online persona as a faux "woke" princess/social justice guru and lounge around cafés sipping iced matchas.  She'd be at home trying to have some really meaningful thoughts to put into her school projects.  😏

It has been months since I looked at the requirements, but I do recall lots hours of internships as well as summer classes and internships.  We didn't have social media in the dark ages when I was in law school, but by third year I might have found a little time for it.  I wonder if she has student loans.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Thanks for posting the comments!  I don't do IG and would probably be blocked immediately because, at my age, I have no filters and would be more than happy to post exactly what I though of her and her obnoxious drivel.

I'm the same way.  Thanks to SofaSloth and others for finding and posting the worst of IG for us to see and snark on!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

I wonder if she has student loans.

I would guess no as Kody was vehemently opposed to them. I’m guessing as even if you go bankrupt, they don’t get written off and you still have to pay them back out of your taxes until you die ( that’s how it is where I’m from anyway).

I think Meri is predominately funding her lifestyle probably, combined with Lulahellno, paid Instagram endorsements like Radiant water and whatever she gets from TLC appearances and now her part time weekend job at Lululemon. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I would guess no as Kody was vehemently opposed to them. I’m guessing as even if you go bankrupt, they don’t get written off and you still have to pay them back out of your taxes until you die ( that’s how it is where I’m from anyway).

I think Meri is predominately funding her lifestyle probably, combined with Lulahellno, paid Instagram endorsements like Radiant water and whatever she gets from TLC appearances and now her part time weekend job at Lululemon. 

Kody doesn't like student loans because you can't make them go away. I don't even think you can put them on bankruptcy because all of the lenders have many options if you come to point where you can't pay for a period of time. They will all work with a person if they can't pay. You can get income-based payments or deferments for economic hardships. So there's literally no excuse to blow off student loans. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I've seen my nephew's and nieces' college loan balances and I have to say I highly, highly doubt that Meri has the wherewithal from LLR and TLC to support herself, her B&B, and fully fund Mariah's education.  

Working at Lululemon doesn't pay all that much, it's just a retail sales job. I also doubt she's making much bank from her "collabs". 

Just because Kody didn't approve of student loans ON THE SHOW doesn't mean she doesn't have them. How many times has Meri and the other wives acknowledged that a lot of the stuff you see on TV is contrived bullshit?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've seen my nephew's and nieces' college loan balances and I have to say I highly, highly doubt that Meri has the wherewithal from LLR and TLC to support herself, her B&B, and fully fund Mariah's education.  

Working at Lululemon doesn't pay all that much, it's just a retail sales job. I also doubt she's making much bank from her "collabs". 

Just because Kody didn't approve of student loans ON THE SHOW doesn't mean she doesn't have them. How many times has Meri and the other wives acknowledged that a lot of the stuff you see on TV is contrived bullshit?

Who knows for sure.  My guess is neither Meri or Kody are paying her way.  Meri might help a little money wise, but in no way is she paying.   Kody has to many kids at home he still has to support.  Just looked up tuition and fees for Loyola,  this school year and tuition runs  $42,720 with average cost being $34,000 after aid.  Not sure if graduate school cost more/less than under graduate.   She has certainly chosen expensive schools.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I don’t believe she’d need a student loan.

In 2017, you needed to have at least four consecutive months of sales above $12,000 to attend the top of the pyramid  Lulahellno cruise. Meri’s gone 2018 & this year.  Assuming Meri hits that $12,000-per-month target every month, that means she’s clearing minimum $144,000 annually (then there’s the sales of her downline which she takes a portion of and bonuses for being a ‘trainer)’. Let’s not forget that Audrey was also on this cruise in March this year, meaning her and Mariah are also making bank selling to the sycophants. 

Meri also has the B&B and gets a 5th of whatever TLC pay per season (along with family green goo LIV MLM sales). This was explained on the show once - they have a family pot share and then split the rest equally between the 4 wives. So just her alone with all that income, I’d say she’s ok. I guarantee she’s going to help out her only daughter with it. 

On the show they paid for Westminster college with a set amount allocated out of the family pot for each child and then Meri paid for the rest out of her own budget. Mariah was supposedly expected to get a job & scholarships to fund the rest. It was rumoured at the time Westminster comped her tuition for publicity on the tv show, however that rumour was swiftly shut down when it was raised  (as obviously that would be illegal...)

Influencers can make decent money per post and Mariah’s done a few this year (including Radiant water, Naked, Go Daddy, imperfect produce and more), then there’s things like the OK magazine cover for her engagement which would have been tidy lump sum and the upcoming season of the show which she’ll feature heavily in and have her own contract for, as an adult.

I guess my longwinded point is, I think Meri (and Mariah and Audrey) are probably doing ok (and I believe much better than the other Browns financially). While it’s possible she has a student loan, my thoughts are that she probably doesn’t need one.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2019 at 6:01 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

That questionnaire has to be a joke! 😆  Is she seriously conducting market research on herself and who people want her to be? What a damn sell-out!  Just be yourself and if you’re not interesting enough to hold a captive audience on your own steam, then exit gracefully out of the public eye you moron. 

Hahahaha, for one brief, stupid moment, I actually thought she was going to be asking questions related to a paper she was writing for school.  Silly, silly me - of course the questions are all about HER!  Her!  Mariah!  Snowflake Extraordinaire!  MARIAH.

What have you not talked about that I would be interested in?  Why you insist on wearing clothes that are 2 sizes too small, why you don't believe in shampoo, where are you getting money for $25 breakfasts every day, why you cannot open your eyes in photos, how much time you spend carefully arranging photos of your study area versus how much time you actually study, do you actually walk your dogs or just use them as props.  For starters.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

So let's see, a plate of sugar/syrup/jam/butter french toast (five slices? Six?) and a  - what do  we think - large vanilla latte?  I mean, yeah - I would eat that, but then I would need to schedule a three-hour nap when my blood sugar spiked into the thousands and then took a nose-dive off a steep cliff.

I'm sure it's all vegan, though, and therefore good for you.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I don’t believe she’d need a student loan.

In 2017, you needed to have at least four consecutive months of sales above $12,000 to attend the top of the pyramid  Lulahellno cruise. Meri’s gone 2018 & this year.  Assuming Meri hits that $12,000-per-month target every month, that means she’s clearing minimum $144,000 annually (then there’s the sales of her downline which she takes a portion of and bonuses for being a ‘trainer)’. Let’s not forget that Audrey was also on this cruise in March this year, meaning her and Mariah are also making bank selling to the sycophants. 

Meri also has the B&B and gets a 5th of whatever TLC pay per season (along with family green goo LIV MLM sales). This was explained on the show once - they have a family pot share and then split the rest equally between the 4 wives. So just her alone with all that income, I’d say she’s ok. I guarantee she’s going to help out her only daughter with it. 

On the show they paid for Westminster college with a set amount allocated out of the family pot for each child and then Meri paid for the rest out of her own budget. Mariah was supposedly expected to get a job & scholarships to fund the rest. It was rumoured at the time Westminster comped her tuition for publicity on the tv show, however that rumour was swiftly shut down when it was raised  (as obviously that would be illegal...)

Influencers can make decent money per post and Mariah’s done a few this year (including Radiant water, Naked, Go Daddy, imperfect produce and more), then there’s things like the OK magazine cover for her engagement which would have been tidy lump sum and the upcoming season of the show which she’ll feature heavily in and have her own contract for, as an adult.

I guess my longwinded point is, I think Meri (and Mariah and Audrey) are probably doing ok (and I believe much better than the other Browns financially). While it’s possible she has a student loan, my thoughts are that she probably doesn’t need one.

I watch Judge Judy and a lot of her 'guests' get some kind of government assistance that pays for housing, schooling and expenses while you are in school

Based on income I think Mariah, living on her own, would qualify for that.

http://www.gocollege.com/financial-aid/college-grants/low-income.html

Unlike loans, grant money is not repaid by the students who receive it.  Like scholarships, grants provide funds for tuition, books, housing and living expenses that do not require repayment.  It is common for students to draw from financial aid packages that include scholarships, loans and grants.  The value of low-income grants cannot be overstated – it is free money that will not leave you with post-graduation student loan debt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hubby had his oldies music on while doing some paperwork and all of a sudden I hear a troubled voice crying out....

They call the wind Mariah

Way out here they got a name
For rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess, the fire's Joe
And they call the wind Mariah

Mariah blows the stars around
And sends the clouds a-flyin'
Mariah makes the mountain sound
Like folks were up there dyin'

Mariah, Mariah
They call the wind Mariah

Before I knew Mariah's name
And heard her wail and whinin'
I had a gal and she had me
And the sun was always shinin'

etc etc... so fitting for the whiny gas bag

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Exactly how old is Mariah? Judging by her posts and photos, I'm thinking 10...or 2. I use to think this forum was too hard on her, but now every time I read one of her posts I just want to smack her up alongside the head and tell her to grow up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11