Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

To give her the benefit of the doubt, she is substituting this rice for regular rice to up her protein without adding extra carbs or calories. Well, she's not, she's just hawking it because they gave it to her free. If it wasn't so dang expensive, I'd buy it for my granddaughter who is addicted to processed food but loves all types of rice. 

Edited by Nysha
Good grammar is important.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Nysha said:

To give her the benefit of the doubt, she is substituting this rice for regular rice to up her protein without adding extra carbs or calories. Well, she's not, she's just hawking it because they gave it to her free. If it wasn't so dang expensive, I'd buy it for my granddaughter who is addicted to processed food but loves all types of rice. 

Ok, I really did not understand what she was doing. Thank you for explaining.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Reading comments like "you make it look so yummy" by her sycophant followers is gag inducing.  She's holding nondescript packages of products in an aisle in a store and we have no idea what the cooked food looks like or tastes like.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Reading comments like "you make it look so yummy" by her sycophant followers is gag inducing.  She's holding nondescript packages of products in an aisle in a store and we have no idea what the cooked food looks like or tastes like.

I’m the dummy who looked at the second video where she’s putting it into the pot. 

Next a picture of it in a taco where she’s saying “get into my belly.” 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m the dummy who looked at the second video where she’s putting it into the pot. 

Next a picture of it in a taco where she’s saying “get into my belly.” 

I want to take the phrase "get into my belly" and go all Jack Nicholson in The Shining on it.  Chalk it up to being a COL but holy cow, does that saying make me twitchy.  My neighbor takes it up a big stabby notch my saying "get into mah belly!" with every single foodie post she plasters all over FB.  It's enough to make me want to aim my hose right through her open living room window.

And I'm usually a pretty laid-back COL, honest!

• LOL 17
On 9/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, laurakaye said:

I want to take the phrase "get into my belly" and go all Jack Nicholson in The Shining on it.  Chalk it up to being a COL but holy cow, does that saying make me twitchy.  My neighbor takes it up a big stabby notch my saying "get into mah belly!" with every single foodie post she plasters all over FB.  It's enough to make me want to aim my hose right through her open living room window.

And I'm usually a pretty laid-back COL, honest!

HA!  I looked at the taco pics again and while they look like they may be tasty, it is WAY to rice heavy substitute or not.  "Rice" tacos with a side of "rice".  Here is a cheaper high protein alternative for you, you woke ass millennial, beans.  Black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, all will cost you less than $1/can and serve you 3 X.   If I were a millennial, this post would include a cheesy grin with bad eyebrows.  

ETA:  I looked at the calories for this 'rice' and it is 180 per serving (1/3 cup) compared to black beans with 109 calories/serving (1/2 cup).  I know which one I would choose.  Black beans are the better choice.

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  I looked at the taco pics again and while they look like they may be tasty, it is WAY to rice heavy substitute or not.  "Rice" tacos with a side of "rice".  Here is a cheaper high protein alternative for you, you woke ass millennial, beans.  Black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, all will cost you less than $1/can and serve you 3 X.   If I were a millennial, this post would include a cheesy grin with bad eyebrows.  

Yeah, but she would have no company to link/hashtag. Beans are pretty generic. 

• Love 8

There are specific settings and equipment needed for photographing food. I have an acquaintance who is a professional photographer for a magazine that covers restaurants.  His stuff makes plated meals look gorgeous.

All of the pictures posted by these idiots make the food look hideous.  You can't just point your phone down at a plate and hope to have it look even edible.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There are specific settings and equipment needed for photographing food. I have an acquaintance who is a professional photographer for a magazine that covers restaurants.  His stuff makes plated meals look gorgeous.

I had a friend who did the pictures for the food ads in the paper --the glossy supplements he did made everything look so good. 

I suspect that she hated oatmeal when she was growing up because her mom gave her those horrid packets of instant oatmeal that taste like cardboard and just added hot water to it.  Maybe she just let Janelle in on the secret of steel cut oats which I have known about for ages.  I cook mine overnight in the crockpot.  She should google some recipes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh Lord no beans for Mariah!!!  She'd be farting up Chicago every time she went into another yoga pose!!!

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

I had a friend who did the pictures for the food ads in the paper --the glossy supplements he did made everything look so good. 

I suspect that she hated oatmeal when she was growing up because her mom gave her those horrid packets of instant oatmeal that taste like cardboard and just added hot water to it.  Maybe she just let Janelle in on the secret of steel cut oats which I have known about for ages.  I cook mine overnight in the crockpot.  She should google some recipes.

I just remember episode #1 where Meri gave Mariah a granola bar and said that was her breakfast. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

All of the pictures posted by these idiots make the food look hideous.  You can't just point your phone down at a plate and hope to have it look even edible.

I'm with you on this.  Absolutely nothing she's posted (or Janelle for that matter) has looked in the least bit appetizing, but I don't even think it can be completely blamed on not knowing how to take food photos.  The food itself looks awful.  I like to cook and like to believe I can tell when something is tasty or just yuck and most of that stuff is IMO just yuck.  Just because it's trendy doesn't mean it tastes good.  It looks to me like she's actually trying really hard to make it look like the stuff posted in some of the more artful food blogs online but not coming close.  Those tacos were the closest thing to pretty she's ever posted but I think they would probably taste quite underwhelming unless she's the spice queen which I don't think she is.  Who puts that much rice or rice substitute in a dish?

• Love 5

Over the weekend I binged a bunch of early eps that I'd never seen.  One was about Mariah's college choice.  The parents were trying their darndest to figure out how to get her Westminster, or whatever hoity-toity school in UT.  It was something like 4 times more than UNLV.  What the hell?  In what world does that even make sense?  Do they not have public universities in UT?  And she really struggled to pull a reason out of her butt for going back to that school:  because she wants to marry and live the plyg life, and there's no option for that in LV.  Ummmmm........ how'd that work out, Brownies?

I assume she did go to the expensive-ass college?

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yep.  What Princess Pudge wants, Princess Pudge gets.

LOL, I just re-read the title of this thread.  Duh, of course she went to Westminster.  I'll try to be more observant in the future.  😣

But seriously, how can the parents justify that???  Well, I guess in this case parents = Meri.  It really is all about her princess for her, isn't it?  She is a bonus mom to no one.  Makes me like both of them even less.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

LOL, I just re-read the title of this thread.  Duh, of course she went to Westminster.  I'll try to be more observant in the future.  😣

But seriously, how can the parents justify that???  Well, I guess in this case parents = Meri.  It really is all about her princess for her, isn't it?  She is a bonus mom to no one.  Makes me like both of them even less.

Meri  justified it by telling kody she only has one child while the other birthed masses!

As usual, she got her way and chubs went off to Westminster!

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Meri  justified it by telling kody she only has one child while the other birthed masses!

Meri justified it by claiming that having fewer children shouldn't mean she gets less of a budget than the other wives.  So she has more money to spend on her one child than the others do on each of theirs.  The fairness/unfairness of this distribution has been discussed on this board for years.

• Love 10
Just now, Yeah No said:

Meri justified it by claiming that having fewer children shouldn't mean she gets less of a budget than the other wives.  So she has more money to spend on her one child than the others do on each of theirs.  The fairness/unfairness of this distribution has been discussed on this board for years.

Yep!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

This is where the whole concept they are trying to push on us falls apart for me.  If they are truly one family, wouldn't they all consider all of the children as their own?  Meri especially seems to differentiate between her own bio child and the "others".  When they have been together since birth, (I'm thinking of Janelle and Christine's kids, all born when they were living under one roof), shouldn't these bonus kids be considered in the same light as if they had been adopted at birth by the bonus moms?

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This is where the whole concept they are trying to push on us falls apart for me.  If they are truly one family, wouldn't they all consider all of the children as their own?  Meri especially seems to differentiate between her own bio child and the "others".  When they have been together since birth, (I'm thinking of Janelle and Christine's kids, all born when they were living under one roof), shouldn't these bonus kids be considered in the same light as if they had been adopted at birth by the bonus moms?

They absolutely should, and they keep telling us that this is the case, but the only wife who I think truly takes that concept of bonus kids to heart is Christine.  Meri's only bonus kid is King Sol, because she knows full well how much Kody adores the son of his favorite wife.

The layers of passive-aggressiveness that come into play here are more layered than Meri's eyebrows.  Just thinking about it makes my brain hurt.  If Meri hates Janelle, then Meri's tendencies might be to also not want Janelle's children around her.  But if Robyn is getting the lioness's share of Kody's attention, then the way for Meri to suck up to Kody would be to fawn all over his kids with Robyn.  Meanwhile, after The Fall of Meri, Christine moved up in the ranks and who suddenly brought Aspyn into her home?  Robyn.  WHICH Christine had to pretend to be OK with in order to not rock the boat with Kody.  Meanwhile, Kody just sits in his recliner with a "duhhhh" look on his caveman face, pretending to not know what's going on, but secretly revelling in the fact that he's got four wimminz who are warm for his form.  It's just all so gross.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

They absolutely should, and they keep telling us that this is the case, but the only wife who I think truly takes that concept of bonus kids to heart is Christine.  Meri's only bonus kid is King Sol, because she knows full well how much Kody adores the son of his favorite wife.

The layers of passive-aggressiveness that come into play here are more layered than Meri's eyebrows.  Just thinking about it makes my brain hurt.  If Meri hates Janelle, then Meri's tendencies might be to also not want Janelle's children around her.  But if Robyn is getting the lioness's share of Kody's attention, then the way for Meri to suck up to Kody would be to fawn all over his kids with Robyn.  Meanwhile, after The Fall of Meri, Christine moved up in the ranks and who suddenly brought Aspyn into her home?  Robyn.  WHICH Christine had to pretend to be OK with in order to not rock the boat with Kody.  Meanwhile, Kody just sits in his recliner with a "duhhhh" look on his caveman face, pretending to not know what's going on, but secretly revelling in the fact that he's got four wimminz who are warm for his form.  It's just all so gross.

I have harped on this before but I have to go back to the times when Meri would have Sol over for craft and baking sessions when they were all living in the cul-de-sac.  I could envision Truely and Savannah standing wistfully at their windows, watching Sol toddle across the court to Meri's house and wondering why they didn't rate this special attention.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Meri seems to be the common denominator for most of their problems.  I wonder if she is the one keeping the show alive with her shenanigans!

I'm convinced it it weren't for the catfish incident, the show would've been cancelled a long time ago.

• Love 16

Kootie probably gives all the credit for their inexplicable longevity to Queenie, because the first season was all about their weddingk and her joining with the fambly, since she "shoulda been there from day 1."  

Yeah, the catfish was a huge dill, and added at least 2-3 seasons.  Now we have SludgePudge's weddingk coming up.  Every season seems like it should be the last.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yeah, the catfish was a huge dill, and added at least 2-3 seasons.  Now we have SludgePudge's weddingk coming up.  Every season seems like it should be the last.

I myself am all here for the housing situation in Flagstaff.  I want to see Robyn's mansion, Janelle's brown/beige/tan scuffed up furnished shack, and Meri's downtown apartment, and I want them to all talk about how difficult it is being so far away from the fambly...and then I want to see Robyn and Meri find out that their rentals are kaput and watch them all move into Christine's house while Kody puts the finishing touches on the gargantuan marble dragon he is erecting on top of the highest turret of Plyg Palace, only to have a city zoning officer tell him that he cannot build a castle on a parcel of land infected with rabid prairie dogs.

PASS THE POPCORN.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now we have SludgePudge's weddingk coming up.

I have to wonder if this pile of poo will last that long.  There is absolutely nothing of interest that they can possibly be filming.   Who gives a rat's patoot about house hunting in Flagstaff?  We know all about not only the move but two of them getting kicked out of their rentals so that's old, boring news.  Other than the new baby (been there, done that) they have squat.

If there was a Sludge/Pudge wedding planning going on it would be broadcast to Mars by the Narcissist Twins already. They can't fix breakfast without informing the world.  I bet they are counting on TLC renewing again for their fascinating Queer Weddingk of the Century but if this season is a boring as I think it will be I wonder if it will be renewed.  That's all, folx.

• Love 8

Has there been any news of another season?  Doesn't this circus usually re-launch sometime in February?  

I'll take another season just for the extraordinary snark on these threads.  I post in a couple of other show threads but nothing has ever made me laugh/snort/choke as hard as this one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4F9C1D56-15B0-4F61-B819-A9408CDB9C41.jpeg

AKA look at me, I'm woke and drinking green stuff cause I'm on the woke bandwagon. And I'm interning, so I'm doing intern stuff. *eyeroll  Look at me doing everyday stuff that everyone else does without posting it to social media looking for any type of attention and validation. Why isn't there a vomit emoji? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 11

Laurakaye, I fill the same way about the Sister Wives forum.  It's the reward I get for watching these clowns season after season.  The wonderful snark I would miss if they get cancelled.  Thank you all for the humor, and keep it coming!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Laurakaye, I fill the same way about the Sister Wives forum.  It's the reward I get for watching these clowns season after season.  The wonderful snark I would miss if they get cancelled.  Thank you all for the humor, and keep it coming!

Shit, I haven't watched the show in years. I still maintain that even when they finally are cancelled, they'll still be all over social media. That's where it all goes down for them anyway!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4F9C1D56-15B0-4F61-B819-A9408CDB9C41.jpeg

Oh, I just can not wait for the matcha to spill on the keyboard. I mean, that IS an intern thing.

I too am sitting at my desk, doing work, with my coffee and computer. I can take a really riveting picture and post it for all to view. I will just need to spend some time to figure out a really cool, crazy, interesting and creative caption as above.

What the ever living fuck is this even about??????????????????????????

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

So instead of reading whatever important documents are on her computer (lest we forget that she does indeed proclaim to be a "student"), she likely took and discarded 24 pics because the matcha wasn't all the way in the frame, or it needed another ice cube, or we couldn't quite see that yes, there were actual words on her laptop, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

All I think about when I look at that photo is, for crying out loud, who puts a full mug of liquid right next to a freakin' laptop?!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Pudge learned to bilk the system (bleed the beast) from her poor persecuted polygamist parents.  How nice.  Hypocritical much, Mariah?  Isn't faking a disability just the grandest thingK?

What nerve.

A sense of entitlement seems to be the credo of polygamists of the Brown's ilk.  A man is entitled to 4 wives, leaving 75% of the male population of their community flapping in the wind for a mate and destined to become mere Angels instead of Gods in their celestial kingdom.

Have as many kids as possible to inhabit said kingdom and if you are not fortunate enough to land a TV show to provide for them, let the rest of the population support their belief system.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, laurakaye said:

All I think about when I look at that photo is, for crying out loud, who puts a full mug of liquid right next to a freakin' laptop?!

She doesn't care. Mother Meri will rush out a new laptop asap if Snowflake needs one...why worry about spills, she's covered  by mama Meri!

• Love 6