Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

(edited)

She's at 29 Rooms according to the hashtag. 

It's kind of a touring road show thing. They were or are here in SF, places like the Museum of Ice Cream. 

I visited Candytopia last year with my work team on a team building trip. What that was, was a bunch of rooms with art made of candy, plus in each room you got a piece of penny candy to enjoy. Woot.

I was bored out of my mind, but on the bright side we had a delicious lunch at Sears Fine Food and then my boss treated us to an Uber back to the office and gave us the afternoon off. 😊

People seemed to enjoy themselves but basically it's a place where you pay a goodly amount to walk around a lot of different rooms and take selfies. At Candytopia they had lots of folks walking around offering to help you with your selfie taking.  🙄

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 5
(edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 11:46 AM, TurtlePower said:

Mariah thought everyone was "lying" about the runner's high? Like, we're all trying to pull one over on people by lying about running? Millions of us were lying? 

IDIOT. Normally I welcome everyone into the running world, but I feel like this twit is going to find a way to ruin it simply by being herself. 

So she went out running one time and got the runner's high (no, I do not believe that she runs regularly.  Not for one second).  I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that she's on a different kind of high because I doubt she went far enough to get that "high."  Running your ESA dog down the block to the local woke vegan donut shop doesn't count.

And because I just have to get this off my chest:

SHUT UP, MARIAH!  SHUT!!  UP!!  MARIAH!!  SHUT UUUUUUUUP!!!!&^#^%$^&*

Thank you for indulging me.  She is insufferably obnoxious.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So she went out running one time and got the runner's high (no, I do not believe that she runs regularly.  Not for one second).  I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that she's on a different kind of high because I doubt she went far enough to get that "high."  Running your ESA dog down the block to the local woke vegan donut shop doesn't count.

And because I just have to get this off my chest:

SHUT UP, MARIAH!  SHUT!!  UP!!  MARIAH!!  SHUT UUUUUUUUP!!!!&^#^%$^&*

Thank you for indulging me.  She is insufferably obnoxious.

9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

This x1000.

There are two ways off the top of my head that one could avoid Mariah's posts, which are obviously so upsetting to so many of us: One, we could politely ask ginger90 to please stop posting Mariah's social media content here, or two: we could simply not read this thread. Neither one is going to happen, for obvious reasons, so henceforth, I will rejoice whenever any of my fellow posters swear, yell, or otherwise seem terribly upset with Mariah (or any of the Browns) because it's quite obvious that it gives them great pleasure. Carry on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

People seemed to enjoy themselves but basically it's a place where you pay a goodly amount to walk around a lot of different rooms and take selfies. At Candytopia they had lots of folks walking around offering to help you with your selfie taking.  🙄

Ugh. This is what’s wrong with this social media obsessed world. Narcissistic twat waffles go to overpriced and overrated places, to take narcissistic selfies of themselves, to post on social media, to boast about having been somewhere, to gain likes and followers, to feed their egos and wallets, and the cycle repeats again with a fresh crop of ‘influenced’ morons, until a place that is decidedly average goes from trendy and cool, to then completely overhyped.

Nobody goes anywhere to experience things anymore, they just go to get the perfect photo proof they’ve been there. I find it all sad. Like all those phones in the air at concerts. Put them down. Immerse yourself in the live experience and the moment. You’re never going to watch the wobbly crappy footage again trust me, so enjoy what’s in front of you. 

Sorry I got sidetracked, I just see Mariah as the epitome of the above description, despite her protests she’s so woke. 

I’m really looking forward to this new Instagram change, in Australia they’re now trialling the removal of likes on post so they can’t be seen, (thus removing a major component on the bargaining power an influencer has to sell themselves to companies with). Bye bye influencer marketing 🤞🏼 🙏🏼 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ugh. This is what’s wrong with this social media obsessed world. Narcissistic twat waffles go to overpriced and overrated places, to take narcissistic selfies of themselves, to post on social media, to boast about having been somewhere, to gain likes and followers, to fed their egos and wallets, and the cycle repeats again with a fresh crop of ‘influenced’ morons, until a place that is decidedly average goes from trendy and cool, to then completely overhyped.

Nobody goes anywhere to experience things anymore, they just go to get the perfect photo proof they’ve been there. I find it all sad. Like all those phones in the air at concerts. Put them down. Immerse yourself in the live experience and the moment. You’re never going to watch the wobbly crappy footage again trust me, so enjoy what’s in front of you. 

Sorry I got sidetracked, I just see Mariah as the epitome of the above description, despite her protests she’s so woke. 

I’m really looking forward to this new Instagram change, in Australia they’re now trialling the removal of likes on post so they can’t be seen, (thus removing a major component on the bargaining power an influencer has to sell themselves to companies with). Bye bye influencer marketing 🤞🏼 🙏🏼 

You're spot on. Since I deleted my FB and Twitter, along with privatizing my Instagram, I enjoy vacations quite a bit more since I'm not looking for the place to take The Perfect Selfie anymore. 

Ugh! I like candy but I was really disappointed with Candytopia. Most of the candy they gave out was the kind that would be given out on Halloween and be the last pieces in the bottom of the trick or treat bag, like pixie stix and candy bracelets. One piece per person. *Sorry off topic* 

I work with and know many millennials, heck my nieces and nephews are all millennials, and they're great people. Mariah is a caricature of the insufferable millennial.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She's at 29 Rooms according to the hashtag. 

It's kind of a touring road show thing. They were or are here in SF, places like the Museum of Ice Cream. 

I visited Candytopia last year with my work team on a team building trip. What that was, was a bunch of rooms with art made of candy, plus in each room you got a piece of penny candy to enjoy. Woot.

I was bored out of my mind, but on the bright side we had a delicious lunch at Sears Fine Food and then my boss treated us to an Uber back to the office and gave us the afternoon off. 😊

I love Sears Fine Food, but haven't been there for several years.  Glad to know it is still there.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I love Sears Fine Food, but haven't been there for several years.  Glad to know it is still there.

It was a real treat! I don't get into the heart of the city often, and I love going to the old historic places - this past weekend I went to fort Mason for a Maker's fair and my bestie and I swung by 1019 Vallejo where Laura Ingalls Wilder stayed with her daughter Rose during the 1915 PPIE.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It was a real treat! I don't get into the heart of the city often, and I love going to the old historic places - this past weekend I went to fort Mason for a Maker's fair and my bestie and I swung by 1019 Vallejo where Laura Ingalls Wilder stayed with her daughter Rose during the 1915 PPIE.

At one period in my life I led bus tours in San Francisco, and I really enjoyed all the history.  I don't seem to have any reason to get there now, and I do miss those days.  I had a lot of fun showing out-of-towners the sights!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

This is me, opting to skip both links.  Anyone else?

I opened the recipe link.  It is a real recipe from a magazine, nicely done.  I would enjoy eating it, too lazy to make it.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

There are two ways off the top of my head that one could avoid Mariah's posts, which are obviously so upsetting to so many of us: One, we could politely ask ginger90 to please stop posting Mariah's social media content here, or two: we could simply not read this thread. Neither one is going to happen, for obvious reasons, so henceforth, I will rejoice whenever any of my fellow posters swear, yell, or otherwise seem terribly upset with Mariah (or any of the Browns) because it's quite obvious that it gives them great pleasure. Carry on.

Since I'm the only who did the yelling and swearing, I wanted to respond:

I will continue to follow this thread and I wouldn't want ginger90 to stop posting Mariah's or any of the Browns' SM posts.  They are very enlightening for those of us who have been watching them from the beginning.  SM is a double-edged sword - Mariah's blathering, while annoying as all get out, unites many of us together as we snark on her woke-ness.  She  is the embodiment the entitled special snowflake.  She posts for the likes and the compliments.  This is the world we live in now.  If she is going to make things public, we can comment and/or snark on them to our heart's content because she is the one making her life public.  It's a weird dynamic, because people can post whatever they want and ignore the comments (or turn them off) so they don't have to read what the public actually thinks - but then, why make it all public in the first place?  I feel like the trend now is that if you do something and it's not on social media and you don't get likes and hearts, did it really happen?  Mariah takes every little thing and makes it public.  That's her prerogative.  But it then becomes our prerogative to respond to what she posts.

I am not trying to be argumentative AT ALL - in fact, quite the opposite!  I lived my life just fine before social media.  I am someone who feels that SM is the devil, but also necessary.  Is it right that I make fun of Mariah's avocado toast?  I don't know...but at the same time, she is the one putting it out there.  Does that make sense?  

10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ugh. This is what’s wrong with this social media obsessed world. Narcissistic twat waffles go to overpriced and overrated places, to take narcissistic selfies of themselves, to post on social media, to boast about having been somewhere, to gain likes and followers, to feed their egos and wallets, and the cycle repeats again with a fresh crop of ‘influenced’ morons, until a place that is decidedly average goes from trendy and cool, to then completely overhyped.

All of this, 100%, stated perfectly.

And I did click on Mariah's blog about her yoga trip.  She was gone for three whole weeks but in case you were wondering, she now feels connected to the plants and the sun, she sang and danced (she got her dancing skills from her father.....okayyyy), and she discovered her true authentic self.  Quite the retreat, that.

Can you actually get YTT certified in three weeks??

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 20
(edited)
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I will continue to follow this thread and I wouldn't want ginger90 to stop posting Mariah's or any of the Browns' SM posts.  They are very enlightening for those of us who have been watching them from the beginning.  SM is a double-edged sword - Mariah's blathering, while annoying as all get out, unites many of us together as we snark on her woke-ness.  She  is the embodiment the entitled special snowflake.  She posts for the likes and the compliments.  This is the world we live in now.  If she is going to make things public, we can comment and/or snark on them to our heart's content because she is the one making her life public.  It's a weird dynamic, because people can post whatever they want and ignore the comments (or turn them off) so they don't have to read what the public actually thinks - but then, why make it all public in the first place?  I feel like the trend now is that if you do something and it's not on social media and you don't get likes and hearts, did it really happen?  Mariah takes every little thing and makes it public.  That's her prerogative.  But it then becomes our prerogative to respond to what she posts.

I am not trying to be argumentative AT ALL - in fact, quite the opposite!  I lived my life just fine before social media.  I am someone who feels that SM is the devil, but also necessary.  Is it right that I make fun of Mariah's avocado toast?  I don't know...but at the same time, she is the one putting it out there.  Does that make sense?  

And I did click on Mariah's blog about her yoga trip.  She was gone for three whole weeks but in case you were wondering, she now feels connected to the plants and the sun, she sang and danced (she got her dancing skills from her father.....okayyyy), and she discovered her true authentic self.  Quite the retreat, that.

She puts it out there, so she has to deal with the criticism and ridicule. Richly deserved if you ask me. 

Plus - Ginger's screenshots are from Mariah's IG story so they're only up for a day. This way we can snark for weeks.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 18

Okay, since it was brought up...I do not understand the purpose of IG stories.  I watch some people's IG stories and I'm like - ??  Why are you showing me a picture of the sunset or your dinner or your kid's new glasses for 10 seconds only to have it disappear in 24 hours?

My lawn.  Get off it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Okay, since it was brought up...I do not understand the purpose of IG stories.  I watch some people's IG stories and I'm like - ??  Why are you showing me a picture of the sunset or your dinner or your kid's new glasses for 10 seconds only to have it disappear in 24 hours?

My lawn.  Get off it.

I use the IG stories just for that reason - because I don't want to have it permanently on my IG feed.  

This week on my insta story I shared: 

Nephew's University grad announcement (limited to close friends)

Shared my sister's post reminding of her booth at the Farmers Markets this weekend

Cat watching Paul Simon video on TV (ETA: I can't get through the day unless I watch the "You Can Call Me Al" video 🙄)

😂

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I completely agree with @Sofa Slothand everone about social media, which is why I disconnected years ago. The pictures and video thing especially, as I found myself more worried about posting pictures than enjoying the moments. 

My main point was that if one was truly upset about Mariah's posts, they could be easily avoided by simply not reading them. But I think it's that we live in a culture where people seem to actually WANT to get upset. That's the other side of social media - there are people that post things and people that read posts specifically so that they can then get worked up over them. I'm sure there is some interesting psychology behind that. 

I'm sure guilty of it too, otherwise why do I keep reading? Maybe I'm getting a snarky thrill by seeing other people get upset? I don't know, lol! I get the feeling that some psychologists would say we are healthy and normal and others might suggest we could be doing something healthier. Who knows, but forums like this exist for a reason so as I said before, let us all carry on! 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I don't do SM so I really appreciate @ginger90 going to the trouble of keeping us informed in the off-season.

Ditto.  This COL doesn't do that stuff, has never taken a selfie, and never intends to.  So thanks for keeping us up with the family best designed (by virtue of their double-talk, grifting, financial irresponsibility, self-absorption, and absurd actions) to be ridiculed.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My daily dose of snark is best served by these forums, and I too thank @ginger90 for her braving social media to bring us the latest BrownClown news.  

It's baffling to this COL how Mariah and most of her family have so many fawning fans.

They have fans???

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That's the other side of social media - there are people that post things and people that read posts specifically so that they can then get worked up over them. I'm sure there is some interesting psychology behind that. 

I'm sure guilty of it too, otherwise why do I keep reading? Maybe I'm getting a snarky thrill by seeing other people get upset? I don't know, lol! I get the feeling that some psychologists would say we are healthy and normal and others might suggest we could be doing something healthier. Who knows, but forums like this exist for a reason so as I said before, let us all carry on! 😁

I kind of understand what you are saying here. There is the old saying if you can’t say anything nice you shouldn’t say it. Sometimes I do remind myself she is a real person not a fictional character to analyse.  

However I agree with @laurakaye, my feelings are the behaviour portrayed by some of the Browns, is the behaviour you sometimes wish you could call people out in real life for. Of course social convention rightly dictates you should live and let live and makes this highly unacceptable, but humans are judgemental creatures by nature. You give us a scenario and we can ALL have an opinion on it, secret or spoken. 

Mariah is choosing to live her life in the public eye and controlling her narrative to her advantage for financial reward. She is putting herself out to the masses and selling herself for money basically. What she is surrendering, is the right to control what other people think of her. You will receive unwanted opinions if you do that. Its par for the course. 

To me, this forum gives a nice outlet to snark with like-minded people and let out my true opinions and feelings of a person who (rightly or wrongly) is fair game for scrutiny. As she’s continued to remain public, being analysed openly is the deal with the devil she’s made. I wouldn’t want people to discuss my life, so I’d never sacrifice my privacy for money. That’s a choice she has made now in adulthood. My social media is locked down private and even then, I share minimal aspects of my life. I’m an introvert by nature. That said, I also live by the philosophy, that what other people think of me, is none of my business. 

Despite all the negative opinions I give on Mariah, she’s obviously a confident girl to decide to continue to live the public way she is. I’m very much joking, when I say she reads this forum, or would care what any of us have to say about her. Snark on my like-minded friends. It’s healthier to get it out here in a safe way, then to blast someone similar you may know in real life. 😂 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Had time to re-read and amend my typos and grammar 😉
  • Love 19
31 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I kind of understand what you are saying here. There is the old saying if you can’t say anything nice you shouldn’t say it. Sometimes I do remind myself she is a real person not a fictional character to analyse.  

However I agree with @laurakaye, my feelings are the behaviour portrayed by some of the Browns, is the behaviour you sometimes wish you could call people out in real like out for. Of course social convention rightly dictates you should live and let live and makes this highly unacceptable, but humans are judgemental creatures by nature. You give us a scenario and we can ALL have an opinion on it, secret or spoken. 

Mariah is choosing to live her life in the public eye and controlling her narrative to her advantage for financial reward. She is putting herself out to the masses and selling herself for money basically. What she is surrendering, is the right to control what other people think of you. You will receive unwanted opinions if you do that. Its par for the course. 

To me forum gives a nice outlet to snark with like minded people and let out my true opinions and feelings of a person who (rightly or wrongly) is fair game for scrutiny. As she’s continued to remain public, being analysed openly is the deal with the devil she’s made. I wouldn’t want people to discuss my life, so I’d never sacrifice my privacy for money. That’s a choice she has made now in adulthood. My social media is locked down private and even then I share minimal in my life. I’m an introvert by nature. That said, I also live by the philosophy, that what other people think of me, is none of my business. 

Despite all the negative opinions I give on Mariah, she’s obviously a confident girl to decide to continue to live the public way she is. I’m very much joking, when I say she reads this forum, or would care what any of us have to say about her. Snark on my like minded friends. It’s healthier to get it out here in a safe way, then to blast someone similar you may know in real life. 😂 

As usual you make excellent points Sloth!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Plus - Ginger's screenshots are from Mariah's IG story so they're only up for a day. This way we can snark for weeks.

I am glad for that as I am not on Instagram and can't access the stories.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Wow! Accurate. Brick walls, maniacal laughs, dog shots, trendy drinks. But this below extract really resonates for her  - 👌🏼

‘I became convinced that I was so fascinating. If I was the centre of attention on my phone, that should translate into being the centre of attention in real life. It makes you the worst kind of dick: entitled, self obsessed, and incredibly dull because the only thing you think about is yourself. And it wasn’t helped by being in my 20s and so naturally inclined to think the world revolves around me’

• Love 20

That article is just perfect!

You get trapped in your own triviality, in the mind numbing packaging and distribution of the minutiae of your day.

Pudge pretty much numbs my mind every time she posts her obnoxious drivel.

• Love 11

Great article! 

I think what we're witnessing in 2019 is influencer burnout. 

If you haven't yet watched the documentary about the Fyre Festival on Netflix (there's another on Hulu, but I personally thought the Netflix one was better), I highly recommend it. 

And then of course we have the Soft Serve guy. 

My sister also gets hit up from people calling themselves "influencers" asking for her to send them merchandise for free in exchange for "promotion". She's barely making ends meet as her business is her livelihood, so she either doesn't respond or she says no thank you. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

As insufferable as Mariah's (and Janelle's, and Meri's, and Mykelti's...) messages usually are, I don't do SM so I really appreciate @ginger90 going to the trouble of keeping us informed in the off-season.

Thank you, @ginger90!  Here's a woke hipster gift for you!

toast.jpg

Yeah, Ginger is my hero for going through all of that Brown crap so I don't have to! Thanks Ginger!  😊 🤟

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C28A5006-A549-4C8C-9394-48350C08CEC5.jpeg

5FAAC9ED-4E41-4522-BA39-CB79DDBAA70E.jpeg

Can't unsee 😳

ETA: I've come to the conclusion that the squinty forced smiles are an inside joke between the two of them. 

Sometimes private jokes should be kept...private.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
18 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

SHE HAS NO EYEBROWS

Her eyebrows have only two modes.

There’s Lazy, Albino Mariah Eyebrows (LAME mode):-

565C4C3E-505B-4AE8-B853-96A1E880DD3F.thumb.jpeg.77df848ada6df76c38e140db0b5e4b6b.jpeg

or there’s Overdrawn Mariah, FridaKhalo, Gorilla-brows mode (OMFG mode): -

9D07E075-7575-483D-AE19-A68B88632188.thumb.jpeg.ed5e826a04e3a1dec651e199c5e9877a.jpeg

There is literally nothing in between. 😉 

This just may just be the most facially unattractive picture she’s ever taken and my god, there’s certainly a few to choose from in that department. Quite an achievement! 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 12
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Mariah looks like she's at least 20 pounds lighter than I recall seeing her in years.  What's going on?  

She's discovered photo shopping.

• LOL 12
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C28A5006-A549-4C8C-9394-48350C08CEC5.jpeg

5FAAC9ED-4E41-4522-BA39-CB79DDBAA70E.jpeg

Ugh. As a longtime runner--since I ws 12--I do NOT want to hear this twit talk about running. Maybe I'm being harsh because I don't like her (ok, probably), but she has just discovered running and is now acting like she's an old pro. Long runs, Mariah? For many of us, "long runs" exceed 15 miles. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I think it is just the angle. High up, body mostly out of sight and her face is lifted so it is stretched out and looks thinner.

I agree with you on this one. Although I don’t think she’s opposed to a little photoshop liposuction now and then, I fully believe this one is about angles and cropping. Taking a photo from above is flattering, it slims and hides your widest parts, plus she’s cropped out most of her tuckshop lady arms. 

• Love 6