Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, cinles said:

I didn't hear that Mariah had switched to psychology, but that's all good too.

Not if she wants to have a job.  The market for therapists (I assume that is what she would do) is not good, and if the ACA is repealed it will be even worse (the ACA requires insurance to cover mental health care as well as physical, which insurers hate because it's long-term and expensive)--psychologists have a hard time staying in business at the best of times.

Also, she doesn't strike me as as the empathetic type, although that might just be her edit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Not if she wants to have a job.  The market for therapists (I assume that is what she would do) is not good, and if the ACA is repealed it will be even worse (the ACA requires insurance to cover mental health care as well as physical, which insurers hate because it's long-term and expensive)--psychologists have a hard time staying in business at the best of times.

Also, she doesn't strike me as as the empathetic type, although that might just be her edit.

There are other jobs you can do with a masters in psychology, which I assume would be her goal, but this is the first time I heard she changed to psychology. Are we sure about that? However, you are right that she has a much better career path as a nurse practitioner.

They are adorable. I just checked out Mariah's twitter feed and she's become a full-on progressive intersectional feminist and I love it. This is what happens when you go away to college, realize your true sexuality and have limited contact with your insane dad and co-dependent mom.

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mariah graduates in May. Does anyone know what gegree she's getting?

IIRC she started out with designs on being a doctor but changed that to something else, easier to attain but still in the medical field. 

ETA.  Physician Assistant leaps to mind. 

Edited by wings707
19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I thought Logan started at UNLV a year before Mariah left for school?  How are they both graduating at the same time?

I think he did. Perhaps he changed majors, or worked while attending? That could extend it.

• Love 1
On 4/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, tabloidlover said:

I thought Logan started at UNLV a year before Mariah left for school?  How are they both graduating at the same time?

I think Logan is doing some sort of 4+1 exercise science program and he works in the office of the University President. 

• Love 1

WTH?  I guess with her parents, she couldn't escape the grifter gene.  These Brown females need to just stop trying to sell clothes.  All of them.  Didn't Mariah just graduate from college?  A really expensive college?  For the love of god, GET A REAL JOB.  I really hope this just a side gig.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, toodles said:

WTH?  I guess with her parents, she couldn't escape the grifter gene.  These Brown females need to just stop trying to sell clothes.  All of them.  Didn't Mariah just graduate from college?  A really expensive college?  For the love of god, GET A REAL JOB.  I really hope this just a side gig.

Right? Did she get her PA or? I can’t seem to find what she concentrated on. Lots of good jobs in medical field out there today. 

Edited to add: There’s way too much exercise stuff out there already these days. It’s an over-saturated market. I tried to look into their prices but couldn’t find much on my phone. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I tried to look into their prices but couldn’t find much on my phone. 

Don't know about normal prices but ugly exercise pants are going for $30 to $40 on eBay.  Which makes me think they must be more expensive than that from a sales rep.

Does Westminster have a degree in Scamology?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I like one of the instagram commmets “I’ll stick to Nike outlet”. Right? And reading the article about all this female-oriented sales crap it seems to make women feel “empowered” but unless you get on board very early on, good luck. You’re stuck like a few friends I know who gobble up every opportunity and are then are left wondering why they’re not selling anything. 

Because no one wants it! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I like one of the instagram commmets “I’ll stick to Nike outlet”. Right? And reading the article about all this female-oriented sales crap it seems to make women feel “empowered” but unless you get on board very early on, good luck. You’re stuck like a few friends I know who gobble up every opportunity and are then are left wondering why they’re not selling anything. 

Because no one wants it! 

You know what makes you feel empowered?  A job and a paycheck.  Paying your own way makes you feel empowered.  Working hard and advancing in your career makes you feel empowered.

You know what is not empowering? Jumping on board the latest fad bandwagon and throwing away a shitload of money.  It makes you feel like a chump when it blows up in your face.  

Mariah wanted to be a Dr. She scaled back a little bit and graduated with an employable skill and this is what she's doing?  Her parents should be ashamed of themselves for setting this kind of example.  This is an epic fail on their part.

Logan escaped and maybe he can talk some sense in to his sister.  Maybe the grifting gene is only found in the Brown women.  The boys seem to be doing fine.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, toodles said:

You know what makes you feel empowered?  A job and a paycheck.  Paying your own way makes you feel empowered.  Working hard and advancing in your career makes you feel empowered.

You know what is not empowering? Jumping on board the latest fad bandwagon and throwing away a shitload of money.  It makes you feel like a chump when it blows up in your 

Mariah wanted to be a Dr. She scaled back a little bit and graduated with an employable skill and this is what she's doing?  Her parents should be ashamed of themselves for setting this kind of example.  This is an epic fail on their part.

Logan escaped and maybe he can talk some sense in to his sister.  Maybe the grifting gene is only found in the Brown women.  The boys seem to be doing fine.

So, I know someone who’s done all this stuff—LLR, jamberry, protein shakes/cleanses, and now 31. She does have a full time job so these efforts are extra, but none of them seem to have panned out despite all the time she puts into it. 

Why? When the stuff is everywhere and your fb feed is hit multiple times a day by several female friends’ small business stuff, it’s not very compelling. And I don’t want bags or nail wraps or leggings. 

Sorry to digress but I want to yell “don’t fall for it!” every time. 

• Love 6

Mariah has tweeted about going to work. She mentioned kids running up to her in the hall. I assume she's working at a school, I don't really know, though.

So, there's the jewelry,  STRIVE, LuLawhatever x's 2, and now Mariah's Activewear. ..... is that it?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mariah has tweeted about going to work. She mentioned kids running up to her in the hall. I assume she's working at a school, I don't really know, though.

So, there's the jewelry,  STRIVE, LuLawhatever x's 2, and now Mariah's Activewear. ..... is that it?

So far.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Why? When the stuff is everywhere and your fb feed is hit multiple times a day by several female friends’ small business stuff, it’s not very compelling. And I don’t want bags or nail wraps or leggings.  

We have a young friend who - in addition to being the busy mother of two and working full-time - is now shilling something called "Thrive."  She's still my Facebook friend, but I have my settings such that I don't see her posts.  EVERY post was about this stuff, running contests, etc.  

I want to know about people's real lives when I go to Facebook.  I do NOT want to hit up by friends to buy things.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have zero idea how much #ads on social media bring in, but Maddie has shilled for one of those monthly box subscriptions, and Aspyn for some kind of nutritional drink.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Don’t forget about LIV, the MLM that they tried to get millionaire hottie Catfish to invest in. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I have zero idea how much #ads on social media bring in, but Maddie has shilled for one of those monthly box subscriptions, and Aspyn for some kind of nutritional drink.

I did some research on this, and Maddie has posted stuff on those Diff glasses (which always reminds me of Duff Beer from the Simpsons) as well as the FabFitFun subscription box.  I doubt she's getting reimbursed other than if people use her referral code.  For the subscription box, each referral who signs up Maddie will get $15 off from her boxes so she's using her fame to try and get people to sign up so HER boxes are free.  https://support.fabfitfun.com/hc/en-us/articles/201898868-How-does-the-Refer-A-Friend-program-work-

As for the Duff Glasses, they have a page on their website devoted to their "celebrities and social media influencers".  Maddie is NOT on the list.  She's most likely an "Ambassador" which apparently anyone with a social media account can sign up for and you can get free swag.  https://www.diffeyewear.com/pages/ambassadors

• Love 3
On 11/25/2017 at 4:18 PM, Kohola3 said:

Don't know about normal prices but ugly exercise pants are going for $30 to $40 on eBay.  Which makes me think they must be more expensive than that from a sales rep.

Does Westminster have a degree in Scamology?

I got a really good pair of exercise pants at Ross for maybe $12.  Why these people, who are NOT fitness freaks, would spend this much on a pair of pants that will be worn with a ratty tshirt is beyond me.  

• Love 5
On 11/28/2017 at 9:23 PM, Natalie68 said:

I got a really good pair of exercise pants at Ross for maybe $12.  Why these people, who are NOT fitness freaks, would spend this much on a pair of pants that will be worn with a ratty tshirt is beyond me.  

Next we're going to see Janelle shilling plus-sized spandex.  #strive #whynot #grifterlife #lularoesucks #doesthismeanihavetogotothegymnow

• Love 4

I have to say, Mariah was never my favorite of the teens, but she seems to have come alive since she's come out. I feel like I understand a lot of her earlier sullenness now. A person can carry a lot of anger if they feel rejected on a base level because of something so intrinsic, even if they are experiencing that rejection only mentally (ie, if the people that loved me knew who I really was, they wouldn't love me anymore) as opposed to in reality. She seems so much lighter and freer since she's been out, in every video and photo I've seen.

And, yes, I know it's weird to be so on the Brown train, but I can't help it--I think Mariah and Audrey just make the cutest little Midwestern-looking couple. I think they're kind of adorable!

• Love 14
14 hours ago, auntiemel said:

I have to say, Mariah was never my favorite of the teens, but she seems to have come alive since she's come out. I feel like I understand a lot of her earlier sullenness now. A person can carry a lot of anger if they feel rejected on a base level because of something so intrinsic, even if they are experiencing that rejection only mentally (ie, if the people that loved me knew who I really was, they wouldn't love me anymore) as opposed to in reality. She seems so much lighter and freer since she's been out, in every video and photo I've seen.

And, yes, I know it's weird to be so on the Brown train, but I can't help it--I think Mariah and Audrey just make the cutest little Midwestern-looking couple. I think they're kind of adorable!

Same here. I used to criticize Mariah for her attitude towards Meri, but after opening my eyes to how Meri truly is as a person (selfish), totally justified. I wish she'd stop dying her hair (kinda ages natural blondes), but perhaps she just doesn't want to look like the spawn of Meri. 

• Love 9