Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cheryl Marie

Mariah Brown: The Only Planet I'm Applying to is Westminster College

Recommended Posts


Drinking from a "Goddess" coffee mug must be social justice "work" in Mariah's mind.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

The “amazing”’thing about this is, they had brunch at home. 😱 

They need to do something with that cord, and power strip. It’s bugging me!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Credit where it's due: this is at least the second time she's made her avocado toast at home instead of going out to eat, which I know several of us recommended.

23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Drinking from a "Goddess" coffee mug must be social justice "work" in Mariah's mind.

I had to Google the mug because I know Mariah's a legend in her own mind, but a goddess? Turns out Goddess and the Baker is a Chicago place that bills itself as a, "good food experience." All righty then.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I had to Google the mug because I know Mariah's a legend in her own mind, but a goddess? Turns out Goddess and the Baker is a Chicago place that bills itself as a, "good food experience." All righty then.

They deliver, so perhaps that’s where brunch came from.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Mariah is no beauty but she certainly looks a lot better when she doesn’t do that squinched up, goofy grin face. She looks so much more relaxed in these last couple of photos.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Mariah is no beauty but she certainly looks a lot better when she doesn’t do that squinched up, goofy grin face. She looks so much more relaxed in these last couple of photos.

I scrolled back to check and you're right, she wasn't doing the goofy grin but Audge is all squinty eyes and cheesy, toothy grin.  While there, I clicked through the picnic pictures and was astounded at the volume of food if it was for just the 2 of them.  Maybe they had invited some other folx to partake with them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

They need to do something with that cord, and power strip. It’s bugging me!

Who does that? That whole fireplace space could look so cool. I guess it is too much work to decorate.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

They haven't woke to decorating. Too busy social justicing.  And eating $20 breakfast.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

Drinking from a "Goddess" coffee mug must be social justice "work" in Mariah's mind.

Maybe the mug doubles as her "donation" cup for her yoga classes. I wonder why she no speak of the hoards of folx that showed up.

10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The “amazing”’thing about this is, they had brunch at home. 😱 

They need to do something with that cord, and power strip. It’s bugging me!

the cords look like a fire hazard, but it probably is their style, you know hanging cords, no curtains and green food 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I scrolled back to check and you're right, she wasn't doing the goofy grin but Audge is all squinty eyes and cheesy, toothy grin.  While there, I clicked through the picnic pictures and was astounded at the volume of food if it was for just the 2 of them.  Maybe they had invited some other folx to partake with them.

Looks like their "yummy summer picnic foods" include close to half a pizza each. They don't stay that size by eating light. And for someone who likes watching soccer (Audge), perhaps she should spend more time playing it instead. 

Edited by TurtlePower · Reason: Autoincorrect
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Looks like their "yummy summer picnic foods" include close to half a pizza each. They don't stay that size by eating light. And for someone who likes watching soccer (Audge), perhaps she should spend more time playing it instead. 

Checked out the pizza photo and noticed that Audge is messing about on her phone. 

If I'm out in public I put the phone away and actually look at the scenery and people around me! Yeah, a lot of time I'm listening to music or an Audible book, but at least I'm not tuning out the rest of the world. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Checked out the pizza photo and noticed that Audge is messing about on her phone. 

If I'm out in public I put the phone away and actually look at the scenery and people around me! Yeah, a lot of time I'm listening to music or an Audible book, but at least I'm not tuning out the rest of the world. 

To be fair,  Instagramming and Twittering every moment of their extremely mundane lives requires some heavy sacrifices and efforts. 😉 

I picture them texting each other at lunch,  instead of conversing, things like

9F7E0738-FBB7-48C6-9429-2892C3E3D5E5.jpeg.a9d25999f29d04e684e4c22b9d414819.jpeg

In between the photographing of the green slop for social media of course. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

E8C80114-4247-47E1-90DE-3404F9F9DDCB.jpeg

No doubt he does. He’s the only one in the family doing real work. It must be exhausting being her ESA hearing all about how she misses her vacation in Bali (that she somehow managed to get through without taking him). Run outside far away and be free little dog, run! 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What's that little dust bunny doing there? Ick.

I'm guessing (only because it happens in my house) that it's a piece of that fluffy stuff they put in dog toys.  My dog loves to tear those apart so I am forever picking up wads of the stuff.

She must have been relaxing after a grueling day at work.  Couldn't be bothered to get up from her reclining position to take the dog out.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Over in the Janelle thread @Sofa Sloth said:

Quote

If Mariah was really a woke social justice warrior, this would have been the perfect time to prove it and explain to her brother publicly, that referring to woman as ‘snacks’ is degrading and derogatory. 

Back in the day, there was a Downton Abbey parody where the Irish character was essentially summed up by the line, "If it's not in Ireland, then I don't care!"  I have a feeling Mariah's line could be, "If she's not queer, then I don't care!"

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I have a feeling Mariah's line could be, "If she's not queer, then I don't care!"

Yup!  Or "If it’s not a paid cause, then I don't care”.  Mariah ain’t fighting for anyone’s social justice or cause, unless it’s specifically about her, or she’s being paid for it.

She probably refers to Audge as a ‘snack’ anyway. She’s that millennial a-hole type who would. 

For anyone who needs it after that, I’ll just leave this here - B188BF49-C31E-459B-B7CC-FF2090AD4A02.jpeg.f8e13b4ac2f19b7ce0ec9ce54abe1430.jpeg

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why are they eating out of serving bowls?

Why are they utilizing the services of a meal delivery?  It's not as if they are logging on to a 9-5 job, then fighting their way home through traffic, pick up kids at daycare, attend to them, prepare dinner and lunches for next day, throw a load of laundry on and all the myriad of chores many young women their age can seem to manage. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A90BE6CB-D0AE-461A-8E51-0278B7966725.jpeg

89E11D80-EF8C-4C15-81DE-74DF2DBBA749.jpeg

18A175A9-001B-4689-849D-9A4D43AB63BA.jpeg

C1655049-1417-4248-8D36-A299CD3B72CC.jpeg

‘I freaking love plants. I want to eat them and I want to live with them 💁🏻‍♀️🌱

 Makes perfect sense to me. She lives and eats with Audge who is basically a houseplant with slightly more complex emotions. 

‘Even better this meal took me less time that it took for Audrey to take the dogs on a walk’ 

wow!  Ok that IS quick!  She’s a better cook than I gave her credit for, if she made that in the time it took Audge to trudge the ESAs from doggie bed to the living room window!  😉 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Why are they utilizing the services of a meal delivery?  It's not as if they are logging on to a 9-5 job, then fighting their way home through traffic, pick up kids at daycare, attend to them, prepare dinner and lunches for next day, throw a load of laundry on and all the myriad of chores many young women their age can seem to manage. 

No kidding!  Their squished facial expressions are so stupid!  They have all damn day to shop and cook.  Does Meri pay all of their bills with her LuLaRag money?  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, she's really working the influencer gig. I don't think she actually gets paid unless someone orders using her promo code.

Meal boxes are all the rage right now, I could see doing that once in awhile just for fun, but I think I might spend $40-50 a week at most on my food. 

That really looks horrid, like she overcooked it.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Why are they utilizing the services of a meal delivery?  

Not to defend them, but it’ll be only because the company paid them to promote it. They probably took the influencer photo and collected the money, then threw it in the trash and ordered some takeout. I’d think meal services like these are probably beneath Mariah, as she’s such a good cook and all. She creates recipes, she doesn’t follow them like us peasants. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

‘I freaking love plants. I want to eat them and I want to live with them 💁🏻‍♀️🌱

 Makes perfect sense to me. She lives and eats with Audge who is basically a houseplant with slightly more complex emotions. 

‘Even better this meal took me less time that it took for Audrey to take the dogs on a walk’ 

wow!  Ok that IS quick!  She’s a better cook than I gave her credit for, if she made that in the time it took Audge to trudge the ESAs from doggie bed to the living room window!  😉 

She could get the same exact results from a Trader Joe's stir fry.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

So I just checked out the website for the meal delivery. It's a vegan site and they're charging $12 per serving for 2 people which made me laugh since my vegan friends always say how much cheaper it is to eat a plant based diet. 

Also, the photos of the meals look much more appetizing than the slop presented by Mariah. I don't think the company would be thrilled with her presentation.

Hilarious that they show the flyer with a photo of what it's actually supposed to look like!!!

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 12
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

So I just checked out the website for the meal delivery. It's a vegan site and they're charging $12 per serving for 2 people which made me laugh since my vegan friends always say how much cheaper it is to eat a plant based diet. 

Also, the photos of the meals look much more appetizing than the slop presented by Mariah. I don't think the company would be thrilled with her presentation.

Hilarious that they show the flyer with a photo of what it's actually supposed to look like!!!

$24 for ONE meal for 2 people?  Mr. Cat and I are not supposedly "poor" students and the only way he's spending that on one meal that he has to cook himself (he generally cooks because he's not terribly fond of badly cooked meat) is if he's buying prime steak or lobster.  And since the package shows it with rice you probably even need to add your own noodles!  Vegetables are NOT expensive and even I would be capable of steaming vegetables and boiling noodles.   I'm thinking I could make a meal for two for less than 1/3 the cost.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

$24 for ONE meal for 2 people?  Mr. Cat and I are not supposedly "poor" students and the only way he's spending that on one meal that he has to cook himself (he generally cooks because he's not terribly fond of badly cooked meat) is if he's buying prime steak or lobster.  And since the package shows it with rice you probably even need to add your own noodles!  Vegetables are NOT expensive and even I would be capable of steaming vegetables and boiling noodles.   I'm thinking I could make a meal for two for less than 1/3 the cost.

Agree.  I  bought 30 pounds of produce from Sprouts for $19.46.  They had a good sale this week.  Roughly  .64 cents a pound.  If you are lucky you have a local farm where you can pick for about .35-.55 cents a pound, or pick on the halves.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes and check out the carb count on those meals for 2. Diabetic here and they would send me to the hospital after one or two meals!

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

That meal is 85% noodles and 15% veggies. Not a great mix for pushing "more veggies".

I have a great recipe for a crockpot version of ratatouille that makes 6-8 servings for less  than what they paid;  they could serve it over zucchini swirls from Green Giant or with a whole grain baguette or some cauliflower rice.   It would be cheaper and look more appetizing.

Bon appetit!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yikes and check out the carb count on those meals for 2. Diabetic here and they would send me to the hospital after one or two meals!

Yeah that's pretty typical of a lot of those meal kits. I got an offer on my Safeway app for a free meal kit (yup they sell them too - I've tasted one and it was delicious!) But the calorie/carb/fat counts were just too high.

I'm a single chick so I don't buy a lot.  I can get one of those kale salad mixes (eat smart) from Costco for about $5, then I add extra greens to it and a little feta to stretch it out and use it for like 4-5 meals with either chicken breast or catfish filet as the protein. The Mexican grocery near my home sells incredibly fresh catfish filets for $3.99 a pound. I'm guessing my typical dinner is maybe $3 a serving.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I  bought 30 pounds of produce from Sprouts for $19.46.  They had a good sale this week.  Roughly  .64 cents a pound.  If you are lucky you have a local farm where you can pick for about .35-.55 cents a pound, or pick on the halves.

They did and I indulged as you did.  Last night I washed, peeled, and chopped my own vegies and cooked a similar meal for under $5 for a single serving with about three times the fresh vegetables.  Mariah needs to actually look through the world's eyes at both the world around her and what she's putting on instagram.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They did and I indulged as you did.  Last night I washed, peeled, and chopped my own vegies and cooked a similar meal for under $5 for a single serving with about three times the fresh vegetables.  Mariah needs to actually look through the world's eyes at both the world around her and what she's putting on instagram.

Oh I'm sure she doesn't GAF, she just wants to "collab". 🙄

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

they're charging $12 per serving for 2 people 

judging by the volumes of food in the bowls, they each ate a serving for 2 people

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know how much most of my meals cost per serving because I don't worry about such things, but I'm sure I could eat that whole bowl. And I think it looks tasty.

My husband and I have toyed with the idea of meal services, but they do seem a bit expensive. Our single neighbor uses them and made my husband some chicken, rice, and veggies one night because he got an extra meal in his plan that he wasn't going to use. It looked delicious and my husband cleaned his plate, lol. 

As for Mariah and Audge, this was all for the influencer bucks, I'm sure.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She could get the same exact results from a Trader Joe's stir fry.

And it would look a whole lot better.  That looks absolutely vile.  And so does the food.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

If Mariah and Audrey eat so healthy, do yoga, and live an “active” lifestyle,  then why are they both overweight ??

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Absolom said:

They did and I indulged as you did.  Last night I washed, peeled, and chopped my own vegies and cooked a similar meal for under $5 for a single serving with about three times the fresh vegetables.  Mariah needs to actually look through the world's eyes at both the world around her and what she's putting on instagram.

Wait!  Does Janelle know about this chopping-your-own-veggies thing!?  You mean you don't have to buy them pre-chopped at Whole Foods for 5 times the price?  That's some solid rockstar advice right there!

And the only eyes Mariah has is for Mariah.  She cares not for what us boring, non-woke folx think.  She can afford these fancy meal-delivery kits now that she's raking in all that cash from her parking lot yoga classes.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And it would look a whole lot better.  That looks absolutely vile.  And so does the food.

My sister uses Blue Apron occasionally. One issue I have with these meal kits is the waste - I  just looked at Mariah's IG story (oh she's a vegetarian now - apparently one of those vegetarians who loads up on bread and chocolate) and this meal company, like many, puts the spices and other ingredients in little glass bottles and jars. Then there's the waste of the shipping packaging.  Yeah, most of these little bottles holding a teaspoon or quarter cup of this or that are probably recyclable, but it's still waste. 

I don't know about you all, but I have a cabinet filled with spices and condiments - I don't need to pay $12 a serving to have everything measured out for me.  Besides, I enjoy food shopping.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A90BE6CB-D0AE-461A-8E51-0278B7966725.jpeg

89E11D80-EF8C-4C15-81DE-74DF2DBBA749.jpeg

18A175A9-001B-4689-849D-9A4D43AB63BA.jpeg

C1655049-1417-4248-8D36-A299CD3B72CC.jpeg

So....two huge serving bowls of brownish-green noodles combined with what looks to be five pieces of an unidentifiable veggie-type substance (seriously, what is that - I think I see one snow pea, a portion of broccoli spear and what looks like an orange segment?), twin insufferable posers with what might be the stupidest facial expressions I have ever seen on social media, and a photo of Audge poking at her food but not actually eating it.  SIGN ME UP, Sludge!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

They are so stupid. Not sure why they continue to do the scrunched up faces. I would love that old wives tale or whatever it was that if someone smacked them upside the back of their head, they would stay like that

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So....two huge serving bowls of brownish-green noodles combined with what looks to be five pieces of an unidentifiable veggie-type substance (seriously, what is that - I think I see one snow pea, a portion of broccoli spear and what looks like an orange segment?), twin insufferable posers with what might be the stupidest facial expressions I have ever seen on social media, and a photo of Audge poking at her food but not actually eating it.  SIGN ME UP, Sludge!!

I was surprised to see that the ingredients included asparagus, which isn't obvious in the final product. For $12 a serving (which of course they probably didn't pay) they got a few fistfuls of Kale (not in my screenshot), some tiny bottles of seasoning, some asparagus (note - asparagus is in season right now so it's pretty cheap), a single Cutie tangerine, and what looks to be cashews. 

I love asaparagus steamed or lightly stirfried so it retains its color and flavor. It's either been overcooked, or maybe these "plant lovers" picked it out because they don't like it.

33EED5F5-EE75-4503-8551-61F327C3FEE2.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

The kale and little wasteful bottles. Plus a couple cloves of garlic, and there was a single red pepper (the kind you find in Kung Pao chicken) and a small piece of ginger.

01FD7730-F8CB-4A06-89C4-771AE5636BC8.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The kale and little wasteful bottles.

Princess Pudge: Woke to Loving the Planet as Long as I Can Still Shill Crappy Products and Get Paid for It.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Princess Pudge: Woke to Loving the Planet as Long as I Can Still Shill Crappy Products and Get Paid for It.

water is life, y'all.  save the bees.  show me the $$$.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size