Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

No word yet on how many attended her yoga thing?

Who wants to guess a big 0 or maybe 3? She surely would be patting herself publicly on the back if she had a big turnout.

• Love 10
Just now, Gramto6 said:

She surely would be patting herself publicly on the back if she had a big turnout.

Absolutely.  If we haven't already heard about the massive crowd begging to take a class from this world famous teacher - it didn't happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, ginger90 said:

903BC032-CD35-4418-9221-DAFFEF40ABB6.jpeg

Don’t see school classes marked anywhere on that calendar? 

Ah and there’s the insipid inspirational letter board quote, to remind her she’s a special snowflake. What a coincidence, I have one in my house too Mariah!

E05C0AB9-C5C1-4AEA-902A-4E8D28C16F7D.thumb.jpeg.17e7092f5736fbf651b3ab908d6a4113.jpeg

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ah and there’s the insipid inspirational letter board quote, to remind her she’s a special snowflake. What a coincidence, I have one in my house too Mariah!

E05C0AB9-C5C1-4AEA-902A-4E8D28C16F7D.thumb.jpeg.17e7092f5736fbf651b3ab908d6a4113.jpeg

Summer break. Lots of students take the summer off. Perhaps she’s trying to make a little $$ over the summer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Well, to be fair, it is July so school is out.  However, all of the grad programs I'm familiar with expect you to be interning or otherwise gaining real world field experience during the summer.

I'm so curious to know if she's planning to drink everything that's in the two mason jars and the woke mug.  She couldn't just pick one receptacle and refill it?

Love "narcissistie!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
Just now, Tabbygirl521 said:

Summer break. Lots of students take the summer off. Perhaps she’s trying to make a little $$ over the summer. 

Thanks for sharing. Forgot it was summer break there. I’ll give her a pass on that then. I thought for a minute, she’d thrown in her degree in favor of yoga teaching for free (the classes are for her community remember not for $$ 😉)

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 3
(edited)
Just now, LilWharveyGal said:

She couldn't just pick one receptacle and refill it?

Kind of like how Kody couldn’t just pick one wife and love her. Is this kind of like some polygamy of drinking vessels situation we monogamists don’t understand? Drinking glasses should be multiplied not divided? 

Most likely she’s trying to be inclusive to all the receptacles she owns by having them all play a role in her morning hydration.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Not a peep!

HA! I was wondering about that! 

Based on the tons of trash on the parade route at Pride SF on Sunday (our group was near the end of the parade) perhaps she could have volunteered to help with cleanup on Monday, instead of "teaching" a half ass yoga class. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Based on the tons of trash on the parade route at Pride SF on Sunday (our group was near the end of the parade) perhaps she could have volunteered to help with cleanup on Monday, instead of "teaching" a half ass yoga class. 

She thinks by attending, she’s contributing. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

To the garbage you mean? I just don't see Ms Thing packing out her personal trash like I did - all the garbage recepticles were overflowing on Sunday so I pretended to be in Yosemite and brought my wrappers home on BART. 

This reminded me of Mariah and all the other wannabe influencer Browns: 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb8nnn/this-ice-cream-truck-owner-hates-influencers-so-much-he-charges-them-double

Yay for ice cream dude!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

Assuming she did have the inclination to do that, I’d imagine her efforts there would be in the similar style to ‘Janelle's beach clean up’. Pick up one small solitary handful, take the ‘narcissistie’ holding it to post on social media to prove it happened and then proclaim herself an eco warrior volunteer extraordinaire in the caption, before retreating to the nearest woke bistro for some powdered sugared carbs.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 9
(edited)
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

This is brilliant. I love this guy. I would go out of my way to shop anywhere with this kind of philosophy, as I share his sentiments about influencers completely.

ETA - I’ve long suspected she buys some of her following. The likes and comments on her pictures are not statistically consistent for the amount of following she has. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well, sure.  With the World Famous Special Snowflake and Reality TV Star Princess Pudge in the parade, flaunting her wokeness, how could there not be fame and notoriety for the movement?   Even if she wasn't wearing those white queer sneakers.

19 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yay for ice cream dude!

That was an interesting article.  SO when we see 1359 followers, probably 1000 were purchased.  What a crock.  What a racket.  What a perfect solution for grifters.

• Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, sure.  With the World Famous Special Snowflake and Reality TV Star Princess Pudge in the parade, flaunting her wokeness, how could there not be fame and notoriety for the movement?   Even if she wasn't wearing those white queer sneakers.

That was an interesting article.  SO when we see 1359 followers, probably 1000 were purchased.  What a crock.  What a racket.  What a perfect solution for grifters.

At this point, anything less than probably 10,000+ followers isn't considered much of an influencer.

I have a little more than 1500 followers - back when my IG was public I'd get new ones every day. All I can say to that is that there are a lot of people who like cats, fitness, and vacation photos. 🤔 I'm sure a percentage of them are bots, I know some of them were from entities trying to get me to buy megafollowers. Or advertise their crappy product - no name brands, just people trying to "launch" a fitness wear company or whatever. I didn't pay anyone for them though.

Once I privatized my IG...I still get requests but I just ignore them unless i know them...I was going to delete my IG but my sisters had a cow.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
(edited)

FB4FAF15-7E44-4BA6-AE12-73259780E340.thumb.jpeg.d944a69916868f8437b93b4c522cd14c.jpeg

👆🏼Remember less than two months ago when she had 89 thousand followers? Now she’s suddenly at 105k. 

Not necessarily saying she paid for more when she got an influencer gig or two, but it’s a huge increase in a short period (especially when new season of Sister wives isn’t even airing in US in that time period)...

2B378CEF-C89F-4697-B9F5-FCAF8FB8B884.thumb.jpeg.42d7e37554279601497da52bbf077402.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

FB4FAF15-7E44-4BA6-AE12-73259780E340.thumb.jpeg.d944a69916868f8437b93b4c522cd14c.jpeg

👆🏼Remember less than two months ago when she had 89 thousand followers? Now she’s suddenly at 105k. 

Not necessarily saying she paid for more when she got an influencer gig or two, but it’s a huge increase in a short period (especially when new season of Sister wives isn’t even airing in US currently in that time period)...

2B378CEF-C89F-4697-B9F5-FCAF8FB8B884.thumb.jpeg.42d7e37554279601497da52bbf077402.jpeg

Yup yup

And since her insta is public, you don't HAVE to follow to see what she's doing. 

I look forward to Instagram finally pulling the plug on bot profiles. I'm sure her following will plummet.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Kind of like how Kody couldn’t just pick one wife and love her. Is this kind of like some polygamy of drinking vessels situation we monogamists don’t understand? Drinking glasses should be multiplied not divided? 

Most likely she’s trying to be inclusive to all the receptacles she owns by having them all play a role in her morning hydration.

I was afraid you were going to say Kody couldn’t pick just one receptacle...

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

To the garbage you mean? I just don't see Ms Thing packing out her personal trash like I did - all the garbage recepticles were overflowing on Sunday so I pretended to be in Yosemite and brought my wrappers home on BART. 

This reminded me of Mariah and all the other wannabe influencer Browns: 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb8nnn/this-ice-cream-truck-owner-hates-influencers-so-much-he-charges-them-double

Yay for ice cream dude!

The ice cream dude is my new hero.  

This look at me culture gets on my very last nerve.  That is all.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Well, to be fair, it is July so school is out.  However, all of the grad programs I'm familiar with expect you to be interning or otherwise gaining real world field experience during the summer.

I'm so curious to know if she's planning to drink everything that's in the two mason jars and the woke mug.  She couldn't just pick one receptacle and refill it?

Love "narcissistie!"

Is that something new? I went to social work school and unless someone wanted to, the summer between the two year program was at our discretion. Maybe her program is the same. 

• Love 1

When I was in nursing school, I worked every summer in the local hospital to gain practical experience plus make money. 

Of course, social media was not a viable way to earn a living back then.  And grifting wasn't an option.  Work was, well, work.  I actually had to show up every day on time and complete my shifts.

• Love 7
Just now, Kohola3 said:

When I was in nursing school, I worked every summer in the local hospital to gain practical experience plus make money. 

Of course, social media was not a viable way to earn a living back then.  And grifting wasn't an option.  Work was, well, work.  I actually had to show up every day on time and complete my shifts.

Imagine?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Thanks for sharing. Forgot it was summer break there. I’ll give her a pass on that then. I thought for a minute, she’d thrown in her degree in favor of yoga teaching for free (the classes are for her community remember not for $$ 😉)

Yeah, when I was in grad school I took the summers off so I could spend them with my hubby, who is an OTR trucker.  We got to play catch up for 8 weeks, and he got some help with me being onboard.  The rest of my summer was spent getting a head start on my Fall semester readings, which was quite a bit.  I must admit, I really enjoyed grad school and am grateful every day to my hubby who made it all happen.  😍  💏 💞

• Love 11

So just out of mindless curiosity, I checked the Yoga Alliance website. The 200RYT is the basic minimum certification.  Most of the instructors I know personally have much higher certs and additional credentials. I get that she's just starting out and all, but I think the fact that she didnt Instagram about her first class is a big tell.

I used to attend a lot of fitness training events and I can tell you that most people who pay and attend end up not getting an opportunity to actually teach or lose interest. Back when Zumba was The Hot Class, my gym sponsored a training event - a couple hundred showed up, paid whatever the fee was, went through the training and at the end got an official teaching certification. What 90% did NOT get was a teaching gig. 

Yoga Alliance shows that there are over 1400 certified RYT 200 Teachers in the Chicago area. It's a pretty safe bet that most of them don't get to teach very often.  Supply exceeds demand. 

I remember one time when I was chatting with my GFM when she was getting ready to audition prospective new Yoga instructors before the summer - when we need subs due to regular instructors taking vacation. Applicants were required to have verifiable references, at least a year of actual teaching experience, and proof of continuing education. not just 200 hours of basic training.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

o just out of mindless curiosity, I checked the Yoga Alliance website. The 200RYT is the basic minimum certification.  Most of the instructors I know personally have much higher certs and additional credentials. I get that she's just starting out and all, but I think the fact that she didnt Instagram about her first class is a big tell.

I'm cutting her a break on the yoga thing.  How can she get experience if to get experience they require experience?  I think because people don't like her and Mykelti they tend to be judged more harshly than the other Brown children.

Logan (and Michelle) both started down the reality show road - they were on the show and doing couch sessions just like everyone else.  I think something either happened or they got some serious blow-back that made them change their minds and step back.

I realize that Maddie probably had serious worries because she was pregnant and her husband had some serious health issues but she basically sold her soul to get TLC money.  She gave birth in that bathtub on TV!

Aspyn has also started down the "Use my celebrity to hawk crap" road by shilling contact paper nails and diarrhea tea.

It's really just the next group of boys - Hunter, Garrison, Paedon, who seem to be making their own way without using their "celebrity status."  

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

How can she get experience if to get experience they require experience?

Same way that new plumbers and electricians get experience.  Apprentice with more experienced people, learn the ropes, learn how to handle things.  You don't take one class and then hang out your shingle purporting to be an expert. 

If she needs experience she should be apprenticing with or job shadowing someone willing to let her take over an occasional class under supervision.  But, no, she's the Speshul Woke Queer so normal rules need not apply.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

think because people don't like her and Mykelti they tend to be judged more harshly than the other Brown children.

There’s this saying ‘Don't judge people for the choices they make when you don't know the options they had’ ...

My judgment of the kids shilling stuff on Instagram for money and being involved in MLM, is based on the fact I know they had more sensible long term and mature choices. 

Mykelti quite college and her job cos it was too hard to join a sinking MLM. 

Mariah despite going to college, uses her position to advance herself in separate career paths of yoga instruction, cooking and being a wellness blogger while shilling stuff on Instagram as an influencer. 

I respect Logan and Michelle (and all of the other adult kids, who quietly achieve their dreams) despite being offered deals with the devil to sell their soul to the masses), they’ve pulled away and stayed to true to their own path of success, (rather than take the easier grifting paths that they grew up knowing). That takes real courage and strength to break the mold and to not use your fleeting fame as the basis of your career. They should be commended. 

I will respect Mariah the same way if it turns out she is capable of being humble and quietly achieving successes outside the realm of ‘celebrity’ she was gifted  (which will pass). 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
more snark & typo
  • Love 14
(edited)

How do you get experience as a fitness instructor? 

Here's how I did it: 

First and foremost, I had a willingness to learn from others, not a mindset that I was the big expert. And I wanted my participants to have a good time and get the best workout I could give them! Instructors need to be selfless, not divas. 

I had amazing mentors. The club I taught at for ten years was/is part of a chain that's considered the top of the industry and takes pride in the excellence of its group X program.  My first mentor who I'm still friends with has been in fitness since the 1970s and was one of the top yoga instructors in NYC. 

I team-taught (without pay) with other instructors, and I practiced with them as well.  Being an instructor is a lot of work. It's not just getting up there for an hour.

I cultivated a loyal following of participants. Trust me, if they don't like you or your class they let it be known, either by voicing their dissatisfaction or more often by just not showing up. I arrived 15 minutes before class to set up and greet people, and stayed after class to answer questions, as long as it took. 

Since there are so many yoga instructors out there, Mariah isn't a special snowflake. She needs to have a following - and by following I mean loyal participants who will join the club and pay a membership fee to take her class.

Also, and don't shoot me for saying this, from what I've seen, she needs to work on her form and appearance. I'm not a yoga expert by any means, but I have quite a few yoga instructor friends and every single one of them can do inversions - I'm talking crow poses, headstands, extended boat poses that require balance and years of practice. All I see Mariah ever doing is the basic sun salutation vinyasa. If she auditions at a facility and she's up against an instructor who has grace and can flow easily through advanced poses, then she's not gonna get the job.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 6
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Trust me, if they don't like you or your class they let it be known, either by voicing their dissatisfaction or more often by just not showing up.

And knowing her propensity to diss or block people that disagree with her on anything, I can see Mariah alienating everyone but sycophants.  She'll have to learn a big fat lesson in customer service if she plans on making this a paying gig.  This isn't social media where they are going to press the "love" button just because she shows up.  In white sneakers. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A3D259A6-8F22-4660-9A94-8521242E6215.jpeg

This is where she’ll be:

http://glenwooddancestudio.com/

The studio doesn’t list her anywhere.

Probably because she's renting the studio to do her classes. 

They have NO yoga classes listed, it's purely a dance place.

ETA:  The website says the studio is CLOSED for the fourth of July until the 7th. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A3D259A6-8F22-4660-9A94-8521242E6215.jpeg

This is where she’ll be:

http://glenwooddancestudio.com/

The studio doesn’t list her anywhere.

And the schedule says the Studio is closed for July 4-7th and will reopen on the 8th.  So is her "class" going to be outside the studio? In the parking lot?

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • LOL 2
(edited)

The 8th is a Monday.  But when she announced community yoga she showed a photo of others outdoors, so she may well be running the class in the parking lot.  Communing with asphalt.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The 8th is a Monday.  But when she announced community yoga she showed a photo of others outdoors, so she may well be running the class in the parking lot.  Communing with asphalt.

I google-mapped the address. There IS no parking lot. There's some street parking and a dicey looking alley.

They might be closed for classes, but if they're renting the facility...money talks.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

I google-mapped the address. There IS no parking lot. There's some street parking and a dicey looking alley.

They might be closed for classes, but if they're renting the facility...money talks.

And we think Mariah will pay rent for the studio when she says customers don't have to pay any set amount? They can even come for free.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

And we think Mariah will pay rent for the studio when she says customers don't have to pay any set amount? They can even come for free.

Well, the studio didn't list a set fee.

Maybe she guilted Meri into paying it - wouldn't be the first time.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well, the studio didn't list a set fee.

Maybe she guilted Meri into paying it - wouldn't be the first time.

Meri is a pariah

And all she has is Mariah

So to her, she'll grovel and scrape

While Mariah squeezes her like a grape

• LOL 12
(edited)

So is Pudge is doing  "pop up yoga" ?, I know that trend used to be popular with aspiring chefs/cooks. Maybe the locations she will be all top secret like, and you will have to know the special word to get an invite, let me guess, her 1st secret code will be woke, followed by queer or something. Maybe next week it will be held in a Peter Piper after hours or a Chili's when it closes.  

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So is Pudge is doing  "pop up yoga" ?, I know that trend used to be popular with aspiring chefs/cooks. Maybe the locations she will be all top secret like, and you will have to know the special word to get an invite, let me guess, her 1st secret code will be woke, followed by queer or something. Maybe next week it will be held in a Peter Piper after hours or a Chili's when it closes.  

The Lululemon store near me hosts special free yoga and dance classes pretty regularly, but the instructors are usually limited to people on their Ambassadors list.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Probably because she's renting the studio to do her classes. 

They have NO yoga classes listed, it's purely a dance place.

ETA:  The website says the studio is CLOSED for the fourth of July until the 7th. 

So it’s only $10 an hour to rent the studio..

0622047A-7609-45AE-BC43-3D2B498A6C1F.thumb.jpeg.f26a9df63af507afb2b1ca361c08ebb0.jpeg

If only a few sycophants show up and give her $10 or $20 she’ll still make money for doing her usual workout for an hour in front of them. ‘Community service’ indeed. Such a sacrifice on her part.

It’d be better if she was more honest about her intentions and just called it what it was, a summer job utilising the power of her celebrity to pull numbers in. If it was a community thing, she’d be simply be volunteering her time and advertising her services only within her community.

• Love 5
Just now, Sofa Sloth said:

So it’s only $10 an hour to rent the studio..

0622047A-7609-45AE-BC43-3D2B498A6C1F.thumb.jpeg.f26a9df63af507afb2b1ca361c08ebb0.jpeg

If only a few sycophants show up and give her $10 or $20 she’ll still make money for doing her usual workout for an hour in front of them. ‘Community service’ indeed. Such a sacrifice on her part.

It’d be better if she was more honest about her intentions and just called it what it was, a summer job utilising the power of her celebrity to pull numbers in. If it was a community thing, she’d be simply be volunteering her time and advertising her services only within her community.

Holy crap. That must be a typo. 

• Love 3