Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

Things you might learn from you dogs:

Good grooming - they look way cleaner than you do.

Natural poses without cutesy pointing toes and, squinty, toddler grins and  over the shoulder looks.  (Yeah, yeah, I know - it was about the shoes but it's still stupid.)

You don't have to have your mug plastered all over social media on a daily basis.  You never see dogs taking selfies or even sitting still long enough to have their picture taken at all.

Capitalization.  OK, dogs don't do that (no opposable digits) but I know my dog thinks with capital letters when it comes to Food, Walkies, Treats, and Squirrel.  Actually probably in all caps when it comes to SQUIRREL.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

Most times, when I see either of these two from behind, I hear that line from Steel Magnolias: "Looks like two pigs, fightin' under a blanket."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

It might go a little something like this:

ha!   I remember that.   I don't think I would have seen it when it aired originally on 27 April 1965 because that was a Wednesday night, and I would have had school the next day, but I am sure I would have seen it during the summer re-runs since I had a mini crush on Ed Ames at the time.

21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Whoa, I'm going to be snarky here.  Sludge looks to have put on a few.

Obligatory child-grin and rainbow shoes on Pudge.  "Isn't that special?"  

That "x" crap bugs the shit out of me.  Enough already!  That's it!  I'm getting the hose out. Now get the H off my lawn, you pretentious little brats!

I think Pudge is much better looking than Mariah.  (can't recall her name,  oh, nevermind, I think her name is Audrey---senior brain at work here).

I really hate these stupid spellings.   I have trans and gay relatives, and none of them use these spellings.   If it is meant to be inclusive, I think it fails as it makes me feel excluded.   But then I still refer to our mail carrier as a postman; the current one is a woman, but I don't think she will last long as she seems unable to read addresses, but at least I get to meet the neighbors every night as we get out to exchange the mail.   Sigh..............

• Love 7
On 5/31/2019 at 6:20 PM, ginger90 said:

EAEEAF66-9AF4-4426-89ED-1CAC50C575BB.jpeg

Blah blah blah soulcycle gratitude body sweat & cheese, blah.  But what does #soulfifted mean?

And I would think that SoulCycle in general doesn't necessarily want their clientele to leave feeling "cheesy."  Just a thought.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The “cheesy” crap is about their smiles. It makes me think of a yeast infection. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Staying sweaty in your polyester leggings instead of showering and putting on clean clothes will promote yeast infections, so it is no wonder that our minds go there.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

ha!   I remember that.   I don't think I would have seen it when it aired originally on 27 April 1965 because that was a Wednesday night, and I would have had school the next day, but I am sure I would have seen it during the summer re-runs since I had a mini crush on Ed Ames at the time.

I think I saw it the first time around - I would have been 12 - but it was only when I saw the reruns much later that I got the erection and circumcision laffs; as a kid I just thought it was funny that the axe landed where it did!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, good lord, now she's selling herself as a cook.  She certainly has a high opinion of her myriad of "talents".

I'd still rather eat what she's cooking than most of the crap Janelle posts pictures of.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, good lord, now she's selling herself as a cook.  She certainly has a high opinion of her myriad of "talents".

You too can be a self-appointed chef like Mariah! Here’s how:

Step 1: Peel sweaty greasy self away from couch. 

Step 2: Put on active wear and joggers and catch a cab approximately one block to the nearest hip eatery or coffee shop (optional: stop at soul cycle to take obligatory picture in front of the sign to prove you worked out today)

Step 3: Proceed to counter and order food. 

Step 4: Strategically place food on table when arrives and take picture of said food, posting to social media. Include self-promoting hashtags. #cookwithmariah

Step 5: Take the rest of the day off, maybe go throw some axes or hang out with your ESA. You worked hard during that cook, you earned it! 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 5

Also, how do you get to be a graduate from two top colleges and still not be able  to capitalise letters correctly in a sentence? Especially important when you are trying to market yourself as a blogger! Grammar matters. Autocorrect even does it for you, so I’m not sure how she even manages it. Just comes across plain lazy and self-entitled. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Just comes across plain lazy and self-entitled. 

But inclusive.  Oh, so inclusive. 

I guess excluding capitalized letters is OK.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Also, how do you get to be a graduate from two top colleges and still not be able  to capitalise letters correctly in a sentence? Especially important when you are trying to market yourself as a blogger! Grammar matters. Autocorrect even does it for you, so I’m not sure how she even manages it. Just comes across plain lazy and self-entitled. 

It's probably because she doesn't give a shit about proofreading or editing.

When I first started at my current employer 19 years ago I was editing papers written by management folks who graduated from ivy league and other high falutin' universities.  They had great ideas but their writing skills...well.

That said, they weren't lazy. Mariah is lazy and self entitled. IMO.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Step 3: Proceed to counter and order food. 

Step 4: Strategically place food on table when arrives and take picture of said food, posting to social media. Include self-promoting hashtags. #cookwithmariah

She's barefoot.  PLEASE tell me that in those hip eateries they don't allow barefoot people to sashay in, order food, or take pictures.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

PLEASE tell me that in those hip eateries they don't allow barefoot people to sashay in, order food, or take pictures.  

Only the inclusive ones.

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's probably because she doesn't give a shit about proofreading or editing.

When I first started at my current employer 19 years ago I was editing papers written by management folks who graduated from ivy league and other high falutin' universities.  They had great ideas but their writing skills...well.

When I was getting my MBA (in the 90's) I took a class where we all had to give each other copies of our papers.  These were people in graduate school and I was appalled at the general lack of ability to write a comprehensive paper.  It seems like now, with the texting mentality, any typo, wordo, or grammar mistake is automatically ignored in favor of "efficiency" or speed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It looks colourful, but dried out enough to be a choking hazard .  I hope Mariah & Sludge know the Heimlich maneuver.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

It looks colourful, but dried out enough to be a choking hazard .  I hope Mariah & Sludge know the Heimlich maneuver.

You are right.  In theory the parts of the meal sound good but it lacks any visual appeal.  At least there are nutrients in it.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

You are right.  In theory the parts of the meal sound good but it lacks any visual appeal.  At least there are nutrients in it.

Salsa or pico de gallo would be a huge improvement...

• Love 8

I don't have any problem with the rest of the post or the message she is trying to send, but the sneaker thing, yeah I do not get that at all. Is it a certain style, or the fact that they are pure white? Someone who knows more than we do please explain!

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I just googled “lesbian sneaker” and got some results that were not what I had in mind

I googled "queer sneakers" and got nothing except the usual rainbow shoes. I have no idea what the hell she is talking about. And bravo, @ginger90, for finding all those pics of Woke!Mariah wearing...sneakers. Not for the first time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

A pattern in how people choose to self-identify is interesting because it sheds light on how they see the world and their place in it. 

Some people go with age and gender; some go with race and gender; some go age, race, gender. Other common identifiers are economic and marital status, orientation, political and religious leanings, education, health, and ability/disability. The combinations are not limitless but they are revealing. When people don't mention their orientation or race or religion it's usually because it doesn't significantly pertain to the conversation, the situation, how they see themselves, or their worldview. 

Disregarding the other qualifiers (not because they don't matter but because they don't "tell" others what I think they most need to know about me) I have always gone with gender first because females of every age, race, standing or persuasion are my tribe - and I can remember recognizing the "click" of that concept when I was a little kid.

At recess in K-6 elementary school (during the '50s and '60s) whoever got to the baseball diamond first determined whether boys and girls or only boys would play. When groups of boys stopped the fastest girls (me and my bestie) from getting to the diamond first and tagging "open game for everyone" then only the boys played. We were willing to include them but they weren't willing to include us. Our standing was decided by whether we were boys or girls and when we complained to the teacher on yard duty because it happened all the time she told us to play jacks or four-square or tetherball instead. Gah!!! 

Many (most?) of Mariah's social media conversations concentrate on orientation so I have the impression that orientation is her primary identifier. Just an observation, I could be wrong. I think and I hope I understand where she's coming from, yeah, she's a hick - but she's been in the wide world (of academia, no less) for a few years now. I wonder if she ever realizes, or cares, that she puts herself in a small box when she limits her thinking and her outlook to a very narrow focus. Sexuality is not a person's defining characteristic. Maybe she'll grow out of it?  

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 19
58 minutes ago, suomi said:

A pattern in how people choose to self-identify is interesting because it sheds light on how they see the world and their place in it. 

Some people go with age and gender; some go with race and gender; some go age, race, gender. Other common identifiers are economic and marital status, orientation, political and religious leanings, education, health, and ability/disability. The combinations are not limitless but they are revealing. When people don't mention their orientation or race or religion it's usually because it doesn't significantly pertain to the conversation, the situation, how they see themselves, or their worldview. 

Disregarding the other qualifiers (not because they don't matter but because they don't "tell" others what I think they most need to know about me) I have always gone with gender first because females of every age, race, standing or persuasion are my tribe - and I can remember recognizing the "click" of that concept when I was a little kid.

At recess in K-6 elementary school (during the '50s and '60s) whoever got to the baseball diamond first determined whether boys and girls or only boys would play. When groups of boys stopped the fastest girls (me and my bestie) from getting to the diamond first and tagging "open game for everyone" then only the boys played. We were willing to include them but they weren't willing to include us. Our standing was decided by whether we were boys or girls and when we complained to the teacher on yard duty because it happened all the time she told us to play jacks or four-square or tetherball instead. Gah!!! 

Many (most?) of Mariah's social media conversations concentrate on orientation so I have the impression that orientation is her primary identifier. Just an observation, I could be wrong. I think and I hope I understand where she's coming from, yeah, she's a hick - but she's been in the wide world (of academia, no less) for a few years now. I wonder if she ever realizes, or cares, that she puts herself in a small box when she limits her thinking and her outlook to a very narrow focus. Sexuality is not a person's defining characteristic. Maybe she'll grow out of it?  

I absolutely LOVE this post! And I completely agree with you about identifying first and foremost as a woman. It really was not that long ago that women were seen as the inferior sex, and though we have shattered many glass ceilings, there's still sexism to be vanquished. We must never take our progress for granted!

That being said, I think I get why Mariah chooses to identify as a lesbian first and foremost - it's the one part of her that she had to hide and deny for so long. I can only imagine the relief she must've felt at being able to reveal her true self, and how much the support, encouragement and validation from others must lift her up and fuel her passion.

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, suomi said:

Sexuality is not a person's defining characteristic. Maybe she'll grow out of it?  

4 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That being said, I think I get why Mariah chooses to identify as a lesbian first and foremost - it's the one part of her that she had to hide and deny for so long. I can only imagine the relief she must've felt at being able to reveal her true self, and how much the support, encouragement and validation from others must lift her up and fuel her passion.

Great insightful posts 👏🏼 

It has always baffled me as to why she is fixated on her sexuality, to the point that it seems to be the only way she can define herself as a person. On top of that, she also appears hyper sensitive to any perceived criticism (when it is just people asking for clarity), who are confused by her obsession with all things gay.

I realise she has come out only a few years and given her conservative background and many years of repressing her sexuality, she is keen to enlighten us all, but there isn’t a post of hers where some reference to her orientation isn't made and it’s frankly overkill. (though this one takes the cake - white sneakers define you as queer? who’d have known 😆

While it’s great to know your sexual orientation and live authentically and be proud, it’s still a small part of your make up as a whole being. We are ALL more than gay and straight or whoever we are attracted too, your sexuality shouldn’t be solely the definition you place on yourself or relate to everything inanimate in your life (queer shoes? rainbow obsession of everything?)

I think it’s a combination of wanting to distance herself far from her religious upbringing, wanting to find a point of difference to stand out and be special from a family of 18? kids, the thrill of being semi-famous role model for that community (cringe that this is even the case) and partly the immaturity of her youth.  

The immaturely shines bright, as although she’s supposed to be woke and inclusive, she laughs at people referred to as ‘st8’s’ (straights) in a derogatory way in her Instagram comments, (for asking a valid question about why the white shoes are queer). Its obviously very ingrained in her to be immersed in and defend a lifestyle (growing up plyg - ‘you monogamists wouldn't understand’ etc) and she’s taken a healthy doses of the Browns’s sanctimonious attitude and applied that her own preferences, should anyone dare question her on anything gay. 

878333E4-5D7A-4886-B151-D16A90A4F59E.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
My spelling is mykelti level tonight
  • Love 12

Why does she have so many pairs of brand new sneakers?  The entire time I was in grad school I had one pair of sneakers.  A truly "woke" person would be giving the excess shoes to homeless people.

• Love 10
(edited)

About 40% of my real life friends/acquaintances are gay and the VAST majority of them dress a helluva lot better than these two. 

I think Mariah is just making a big deal about it for two reasons: an attempt to be an influencer ($$$) and to rub it in Daddy Kody's face. 

Many of my gay/lesbian friends live quiet normal productive lives - the ones that are "loud and proud" are busy helping the community - not just the gay community but the WHOLE community.  To many people the meaning of the rainbow flag is equality for all no matter your race, sex, or sexual orientation. 

I don't see either of these two doing JACK SHIT to give back.  

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 21

I swear she's becoming more and more like those cockamamie Mormons who are posthumously baptizing all kinds of people including Holocaust victims.  Now Princess Pudge has declared all sneaker wearing people must be queer because she said so and her way is the only way.

Count me out of your "inclusiveness" you self-centered little twit.

• Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't have any problem with the rest of the post or the message she is trying to send, but the sneaker thing, yeah I do not get that at all. Is it a certain style, or the fact that they are pure white? Someone who knows more than we do please explain!

I don't get it either, because I have a pair of sneakers just like those  but they came without massive symbolism or a message. I don't t think I got my money's worth. My shoes need a message!

Edited by neh
More to say!
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

The immaturely shines bright, as although she’s supposed to be woke and inclusive, she laughs at people referred to as ‘st8’s’ (straights) in a derogatory way in her Instagram comments, (for asking a valid question about why the white shoes are queer). Its obviously very ingrained in her to be immersed in and defend a lifestyle (growing up plyg - ‘you monogamists wouldn't understand’ etc) and she’s taken a healthy doses of the Browns’s sanctimonious attitude and applied that her own preferences, should anyone dare question her on anything gay. 

1 hour ago, neh said:

I don't get it either, because I have a pair of sneakers just like those  but they came without massive symbolism or a message. I don't t think I got my money's worth. My shoes need a message!

Even her FOLLOWERS don't understand why her sneakers are gay.  She was trying to make a statement that finally she feels free to wear whatever she wants instead of what she "should" wear.  Welcome to the rest of the world Mariah!  I think every single person has at some point felt they "should" dress a certain way.  Who wasn't teased as a child for some outfit that their peers didn't think looked "right?"  Who hasn't felt like they don't fit in with a certain group for whatever reason because of their clothes?  Who hasn't wondered "Can I still wear this at my age?"  I get she is trying to establish her identity and being gay is a big part of that, but not EVERY issue is unique to gay people, just like not every issue is related to gender, race, religion or moral philosophy.

• Love 20

I wore white Keds throughout my entire time in high school in the 80's.  I guess I was "woke" before "woke" was a thing.  Or something?  I don't know.

Also I might have to start following this twit on IG just to read the comments and her responses to "White Sneaker-Gate."

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wore white Keds throughout my entire time in high school in the 80's.  I guess I was "woke" before "woke" was a thing.  Or something?  I don't know.

Also I might have to start following this twit on IG just to read the comments and her responses to "White Sneaker-Gate."

Mariah's comments regarding the sneakers had to be by far one of the stupidest things she has shared. Looking at her, I wouldn't know that she or Audrey were gay unless they were out and about as a couple. White sneakers makes her look "queer"? 

If anything, those sneakers reminded me of Jersey Shore: 

images.jpeg.7208cbec1bf5fd91a98bf84124dc0fb5.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 2