Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I know a few yoga instructors with big followings and yup Bali along with Mexico and India are popular retreat/course destinations. 

I was close friends with one and she did those retreats every other year. The attendees paid all the costs so she basically got a free vacation out of it.

My yoga instructor has a picture of herself on a yoga retreat in India. She is posed with an elephant, who is wearing the same beaded headdress as hers.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

AFE83640-A1DF-463B-801D-1AF14FC83586.jpeg

188DB247-D219-49C2-A2A6-EA64F306516A.jpeg

Janelle left a comment:

janellebrown117 Super excited to do a yoga sesh with you !

Janelle has her savasana pose down after three years. 

Also why does she always seem to leave a space between the last word and an exclamation point? 

• LOL 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

You mean Mariah?  

Janelle just wants to do a "sesh".  

Naw I meant Janelle because Mariah can at least do a pretty good tree pose. 👌😂

So Mariah is going to join the ranks of thousands of unemployed yoga instructors. Let's hope she was just doing the training for her own personal benefit. 

ETA - Savasana is lying down on your yoga mat and breathing. Aka the corpse pose 😌

Edited by DakotaJustice
Had to add another thought as usual...
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Once again, Mariah shows she has no idea of a flattering outfit or picture.  Those huge, billowy pants make her look bigger than her bonus mother Janelle.  

• Love 7

We were at least spared of a bikini pose.  But those MC Hammer balloon/parachute pants are not flattering in the least.  Mariah looks about mid-30ish in that photo.

Hope Mother Meri got her money's worth.  What I want to know is, will the SW show end in the same year LuLaNo implodes?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

But those MC Hammer balloon/parachute pants are not flattering in the least.

I bet she picked them up at some Balinese Dollar General and thinks they are the height of local fashion.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

We were at least spared of a bikini pose.  But those MC Hammer balloon/parachute pants are not flattering in the least.  Mariah looks about mid-30ish in that photo.

You're too nice,  when I saw that pic I was honestly thinking mid-40's  😮

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

She always looks deliriously happy. 

An all expenses paid trip to Bali to learn how to breathe?  Who wouldn't look happy!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Why do her armpits always look bruised or is that hair?

I always keep my armpits hair free and they are still dark. It’s always been like that for me. 

I snark on Mariah all the time but she does look happy in the pic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Once again, Mariah shows she has no idea of a flattering outfit or picture.  Those huge, billowy pants make her look bigger than her bonus mother Janelle.  

Still better than the short shorts.

4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

She always looks deliriously happy. Quite the change from the sour puss in early Las Vegas shows

I think that's because she has really come in to her own.  It must be a real hell growing up knowing that what you are at your core is "wrong" or "sinful."  I think the only reason she said she would be a sister wife (when younger) was because she was at least hoping to be able to develop close friendships/relationships with women.  She became really happy when she finally decided it was OK to delete the man from that equation.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She definitely looks older than her actual age. It's that dark hair dye.

Exactly and I think she's only 23... right?

I can't imagine what she'll look like at 30 Or 40 with that hair plus her face looks so ruddy and rough.. She needs a better facial routine.

However she might be one of those people who improves with age and they look better.

They sort of settle into their face but the body is another matter.... She's very soft and pudgy for 23.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly and I think she's only 23... right?

I can't imagine what she'll look like at 30 Or 40 with that hair plus her face looks so ruddy and rough.. She needs a better facial routine.

However she might be one of those people who improves with age and they look better.

They sort of settle into their face but the body is another matter.... She's very soft and pudgy for 23.

Oh, Joan, I don't think that this poor girl will improve with age. She just got the very bad combo of Brown genes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)

I’ve been a serious yoga practitioner for 25 years. Everyone always asks me why I don’t go to Costa Rica or Bali. “Because I can do yoga right where I am”. All the instructors I know who lead trips to exotic locations do it as a money maker and to get their trips covered.

Just one more fad for this show. She could have done teacher training at any one of the fine schools in Chicago for a fraction of the cost.

Edited by Quickbeam
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, neh said:

Oh, Joan, I don't think that this poor girl will improve with age. She just got the very bad combo of Brown genes.

She really did. Meri and Kody are not particularly attractive people, (though in their younger heyday they could both pass as reasonable I’ll begrudgingly admit) but Mariah really did lose out in that genetic lottery, she’s so homely. She has the potential to be fairly attractive if she tried that’s what’s annoying. If she went closer to her natural blonde, got a decent eyebrow lady, utilised a hairbrush and some shampoo, a make up bag, maybe got a wardrobe without the unflattering yoga gear, 90’s dirty grunge jeans and flannel and the ever present Birkenstocks... I have to commend her on her confidence though, presenting herself on Instagram and tv like that it’s obvious she thinks she’s good 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 5/4/2019 at 4:35 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm so relieved Bali was good to her.  If it hadn't she would have had to sit offshore in an SUV giving it the death glare.

Hope you don’t mind but I was inspired by your post and in the spirit of Robyn and the creepy portrait  ‘I created a moment that didn’t exist...until now’ 😂 

Obviously I have too much time on my hands today. 

4BC26C5C-C0DF-48A7-BFB5-1BA15F323986.jpeg

• LOL 16
51 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

The thing is, as long as she is happy with how she looks that’s all that matters. I have actually dumped a long time friend because she was always on me to be dressier, wear makeup and spend time doing my hair when we were going somewhere together and by going somewhere I mean eating at CPK or shopping in the mall. This is also when I realized I was much happier not trying to fit into someone else’s mold of me. I will always be dressed appropriately for the situation but refuse to spend an hour and a half on my hair(which is always a nightmare and not easy to handle on an everyday basis as it is) and makeup to go eat pizza or shop for shoes. No one has to do their hair, makeup, clothing in a way that fits someone else’s ideal of what they should look like. I also say this knowing I will likely snark on something later.

The thing is, Mariah seems so much happier now than she was in the early years of this show. It might be because, for the first time, she is living her life on her terms and not that of her screwed up parents. 

Totally! I respect what you are saying and it’s awesome you are not compromising who you are. That’s not on to receive pressure from our friends to look a certain way AT ALL. 

Agree she is obviously happy with who she is, has bags of confidence, loves herself and more power to her. But she’s also in the public eye by choice, therefore people will form opinions of her based on her appearance.  

Having a career in the beauty industry may influence my opinions on her, as I do look at her from a professional standpoint and see wasted potential. Personally I will style my hair and put some make up on everyday if I’m out & about, as it makes feel like the best version of myself and feel it projects an image of self respect, pride and care. That said, I also have plenty of chill days, in yoga pants with my belly hanging out too, but then I’m not ‘an influencer’ posting those pictures all over social media. I’m not saying she needs to change who she is, but as a person with a public profile and a career in television, it would be cool to see her put in a tiny bit more effort.  

• Love 10

I don’t really mind how Mariah dresses I mean have you seen her role models growing up? At least she’s not wearing toddler jean jackets.  I don’t really mind the girls dyeing their hair as much as it seems they all got their hair dye from the dollar store and let Trulely and Solomon be their stylists.  Christine’s kids are the only ones that got good hair except poor little Truely, it seems she inherited Kody’s mess.  Although Truely seems to comb her hair so she looks adorable.

Im probably in the minority but I think disregarding his hair  and for his age and when wearing a shirt that fits Kody is ok looking. Meri bless her heart has one of the harshest faces Ive seen, then she doubles down with the badly drawn eyebrows and orange tanner.  Christine is the only one that has improved with age.  Mariah has inherited Meri’s scrunched face with bad eyebrows and Kody’s crazed eyes, so she’s only got so much to work with.  Again, they’re all low to mid average.  

With all that being said, Mariah does look happier now.  She annoys the hell out of me, but she does seem happy in a lot of the pics; of course I’d be happy hanging out in Bali too.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

No one has to do their hair, makeup, clothing in a way that fits someone else’s ideal of what they should look like.

True.  But she also looks slovenly, greasy, and dirty way too often.  If looking like a slob is her thing, fine. But if she is truly going to be working for a living as a professional she's going to have to suck it up and clean it up.  No one is going to hire her in her sweaty clothes with filthy looking hair.

That assumes that she'll pursue a career which is highly doubtful in my mind.  It's genetically a recessive gene with the Browns.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

True.  But she also looks slovenly, greasy, and dirty way too often.  If looking like a slob is her thing, fine. But if she is truly going to be working for a living as a professional she's going to have to suck it up and clean it up.  No one is going to hire her in her sweaty clothes with filthy looking hair.

That assumes that she'll pursue a career which is highly doubtful in my mind.  It's genetically a recessive gene with the Browns.

Speaking of careers did Mariah ever explain what she’s planning to do with her Sal justice degree? 

• Love 1

OK, so I like those pants. They look soft and comfortable. I was genetically blessed with big legs, no matter what I do, and I would definitely choose those pants over yoga pants or anything form-fitting, especially in a hot and humid climate. 

I’m on board with Mariah not dressing or grooming to please others. Yeah, I don’t like the stringy hair but oh well. She’s certainly not unique in the regard among her peer group. 

Maybe as an “influencer” ( if that’s what’s shes even trying to be), she’s advocating following your own heart. 

• Love 5

She has a cute youthful Kirsten Dunst look if she’d just play to her natural palate and strengths. I DO get it’s not her priority, plus attractiveness is somewhat subjective and she’s obviously VERY happy with the look she’s gone for of dark hair, dyed eyebrows and wearing no foundation or mascara ever (which is fine that’s her prerogative). 

It just blows my mind that she’s only 23, the severe hair and eyebrows age her, drag her features and don’t flatter her ruddy complexion. Maddie and Mykelti are the same, and they obviously have reasons for the choices made and good for them, I just think it makes them look middle-aged in the prime of their youth and I want to give them a make under and return them to their natural state, sans the bad auburn box dyes and eyebrow pencil issues. There’s a reason why Aspyn’s the beauty of the older bunch and it’s simply due to sticking with that gorgeous colour women pay a lot of money for. 

I’m not shaming her and as if she will ever know or care how a random Aussie chick thinks she looks best, but she’s in the public eye so she’s fair game for my scrutiny. Haha. 384DC812-F5FD-4DC4-B00D-1E100C1B3E99.thumb.jpeg.f8bacb3213d8e70379e1217dfcca6643.jpeg

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

She has a cute youthful Kirsten Dunst look if she’d just play to her natural palate and strengths. I DO get it’s not her priority, plus attractiveness is somewhat subjective and she’s obviously VERY happy with the look she’s gone for of dark hair, dyed eyebrows and wearing no foundation or mascara ever (which is fine that’s her prerogative). 

It just blows my mind that she’s only 23, the severe hair and eyebrows age her, drag her features and don’t flatter her ruddy complexion. Maddie and Mykelti are the same, and they obviously have reasons for the choices made and good for them, I just think it makes them look middle-aged in the prime of their youth and I want to give them a make under and return them to their natural state, sans the bad auburn box dyes and eyebrow pencil issues. There’s a reason why Aspyn’s the beauty of the older bunch and it’s simply due to sticking with that gorgeous colour women pay a lot of money for. 

I’m not shaming her and as if she will ever know or care how a random Aussie chick thinks she looks best, but she’s in the public eye so she’s fair game for my scrutiny. Haha. 384DC812-F5FD-4DC4-B00D-1E100C1B3E99.thumb.jpeg.f8bacb3213d8e70379e1217dfcca6643.jpeg

Gosh I like the blonde look so much better!  Younger and fresher and not so angry and hostile!  With a proper cut and some well done makeup she'd be nice looking!

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I think you are right that the harsh color hair is doing her no favors.   The side by side comparison is just mind blowing.  And while I think she has the right to wear whatever clothes she feels like, I have also said that she would be much more attractive if the clothes she picked fit her properly.  

I don't think you are shaming her to point out that she is working hard to make herself less attractive.  Pointing out things she is doing (and could change) is not the same thing as mocking her for things outside of her control.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Maybe as an “influencer” ( if that’s what’s shes even trying to be), she’s advocating following your own heart. 

Oh that’s definitely what she’s trying to be. You don’t put ‘let’s collab’ and your email address on your insta unless you’re wanting to plug some shit for money. 

2E0745DC-B572-411E-9C05-732FB1AB17AC.jpeg

1F7A8F91-9D75-4854-A4E0-B14E5D5FD80C.jpeg

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

89.1K followers?  EIGHTY NINE THOUSAND FOLLOWERS?  What in holy hell is this world coming to?

When people follow and lap up Mariah's bullshit, it's very sad.  She's probably trying to rival the Krapdashians in followers (I have no idea how many follow them, but I'm guessing tons.)

What a world!  SMH

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

When people follow and lap up Mariah's bullshit, it's very sad.  She's probably trying to rival the Krapdashians in followers (I have no idea how many follow them, but I'm guessing tons.)

What a world!  SMH

If she's using a social media PR firm a good percentage of those followers might not have followed her voluntarily. 

At this point IG is the only social media app/site I'm on. Every single time I'm on, I see posts in my feed (other than the ubiquitous ads) from people I KNOW I didn't follow. People from all over the world, with similar interests.  99 percent of the time I unfollow or mute them because they're cluttering up my feed. It's been getting worse lately...

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

89.1K followers?  EIGHTY NINE THOUSAND FOLLOWERS?  What in holy hell is this world coming to?

Yeah means nothing, you can pay to give you ‘fake’ followers. The more following you have improves your influencer status and negotiating power if a company wants to ‘collab’ with you. While she is on a tv show that airs internationally, I wouldn’t be shocked if this was happening here. 

Anyone checked out the website yet? I feel like she’s out to take on Gwyneth Paltrow with her ‘consciousy setting  intentions’ psychobabble. 

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/about-1

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/5/2019 at 11:33 PM, Irate Panda said:

Speaking of careers did Mariah ever explain what she’s planning to do with her Sal justice degree? 

Be a ‘wellness blogger’ apparently. 

25692F4E-B9FC-4333-AB49-A55BC0A8E587.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Yeah means nothing, you can pay to give you ‘fake’ followers. The more following you have improves your influencer status and negotiating power if a company wants to ‘collab’ with you. While she is on a tv show that airs internationally, I wouldn’t be shocked if this was happening here. 

Anyone checked out the website yet? I feel like she’s out to take on Gwyneth Paltrow with her ‘consciousy setting  intentions’ psychobabble. 

Whatever.  Is Mariah now going to advocate for vagina steaming and anal bleaching?

Gaaaa!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Sofa Sloth, I love your user name.  But you've stolen Janelle's idea!  LOL

Good to know how these things work.  Mariah's been further spoiled rotten from her TV exposure.  

Oh thanks! I WAS inspired by her, being up to my armpits in couch & avoiding physical activity is also a favourite pastime of mine! 😉 The only exercise I get, is if I lose the tv remote and have to get up to manually change channels haha. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Be a ‘wellness blogger’ apparently. 

25692F4E-B9FC-4333-AB49-A55BC0A8E587.jpeg

No "AS SEEN ON THE TV SHOW 'SISTER WIVES'" a la TMI Realty? 

I read a couple of her blog posts and I'm sorry, to me it sounds like unfocused drivel. But that's just me.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I read a couple of her blog posts and I'm sorry, to me it sounds like unfocused drivel. But that's just me.

Socially conscious…blather, blather….intersectional….blather, blather…..passionate…blather, blather….inclusivity….blather, blather….deep thinker…..blather, blather….social justice….blather, blather……(insert high falutin, meaningless buzzword here)….blather, blather…zzzzzzzzzzz

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Socially conscious…blather, blather….intersectional….blather, blather…..passionate…blather, blather….inclusivity….blather, blather….deep thinker…..blather, blather….social justice….blather, blather……(insert high falutin, meaningless buzzword here)….blather, blather…zzzzzzzzzzz

Ya know, I only have a high school diploma, and I can unequivocally say that I am a much better writer than Miss Expensive University Brown.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Whatever.  Is Mariah now going to advocate for vagina steaming and anal bleaching?

Gaaaa!

Alright, Xwordfanatik! Imma puttin you in a time-out for that visual you just placed in my unsuspecting brain!  🤨

You may come out when you have written, "I will not place the words "Mariah" and "vagina steaming and anal bleaching" in a post to be shared with others on Primetimer." 500 times!  🤮

Off to your laptop you go, now, while I make an appointment for a partial lobotomy to remove those hideous images...  🤯

😁

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I get followers all the time, but I don't think the account holder actually saw my site and followed me, for the most part. 

Today to see what would happen I made my IG private meaning that followers have to request to be added and just after a few hours I've received at least a dozen requests from people I've never heard of. I think it's based on hashtags.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2