Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The skeletal Meri riding the front fender was a nice touch, warding off anything that may get in the way of Sludge, Pudge and the ESAs.

Lol exactly, bad ass biker skeleton Meri right up front clearing the way for her special little snowflake...  flipping the bird and taking offense at everything and everyone.  🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I didn't even notice Meri on the front!  LOL

SludgePudge look so "adorbs."  Those expressions are perfect.

I've always thought it would be fun for Mr. X and me to get a motorcycle/sidecar setup.  We are kind of past that age now, but I know we would look better than those 2.  Avocado Express, absolutely the best.

• Love 5

There is something about Mariah's face in that picture that reminds me of that 200-yr old weathered fresco of Jesus in a crown of thorns that an elderly Spanish amateur painter tried to "restore" a few years ago, but botched the job.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Audge must have difficulty with the natural light in their apartment when creating her artistic  poses of Mariah the Model.  I notice usually the background is either their fav little coffee shop bistro or the street outside their apartment.  It must be very entertaining for the other patrons or the neighbors to listen to Audge shouting directions...look joyful!...pensive!...righteous! that's it Babe!!!  we have enough for this week's "influencer" instagrams.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Audrey needs to take some more classes, like Poses 102, because the "precious snowflake" pose is getting old.  Sheesh.  

And couldn't she have panned down a little bit so we could see what expensive food is on the table? Snarking on that is half the fun!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I must share........

Cozy Morning French Toast + Maple Apples

For some reason, Chicago decided to snow in April and it had me craving some french toast. So I whipped up this spin on a classic we used to make all the time growing up. Plus, it was just as delicious and cozy-making as I had hoped.

Ingredients:

2 pieces sourdough bread
1 egg
⅓ cup + 2 tbsp oat milk
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp cane sugar
1 tsp chia seeds
Maple syrup
1 apple

How to:

Start with the toast. Mix the egg, ⅓ cup oat milk, 2 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp cane sugar, 1 tsp chia seeds in a bowl.

Slice the toast into pieces that fit into bowl (or don’t slice them if the whole piece fits in the bowl). Submerge the whole sourdough piece into the egg mixture.

In a preheated and buttered pan, add the egged sourdough.

Let cook until both each side is browned.

5. While the toast cooks, chop the apples into small(ish) pieces and put in a small saucepan.

6. Add 2 tbsp oat milk, splash of water, 2 tbsp maple syrup, and cinnamon to the apples in the saucepan. Let simmer until liquid is gone and apples are softened. Add water and/or oat milk as needed to soften apples.

7. Once toast and apples are cooked, put them together with some extra maple syrup and enjoy! As always, let me know how you like it if you try it out!

April 14, 2019

D1805D69-816A-494B-A902-CBD65A5801D4.jpeg

F727B869-F4FC-4D77-9D1B-A0C679C35F1B.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don’t like sourdough so I was out at the first line.  

She does look better in that pic.  She still has that vertical eyebrow edge in the middle though.  I guess that’s a thing now.  

I still think she sounds pretentious in her recipe.  Spin on a classic, cozy-making.  Ugh.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly this twat has no end of blabbering fools praising her like she's Ghandi and invented yoga.

Everything she does is the most WOKE thing they've ever seen or heard!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if she posted a pic of sourdough covered in dog turds and fresh basil they'd all race out to the nearest dog park with poop scoops in hand.

+250 bonus points for the use of twat in a sentence. I use it daily as does my eldest. If I'm really riled up, ill pronounce it to rhyme with hat.

Well done, Joan!

😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Most college kids I knew were eating ramen and cheap milk and swiping sugar packets from the 7-11

And eating mac and cheese and cereal for a lot of meals.  And picking up condiment packets at McDonald's to spice things up.  But they deserve the best because, after all, persecuted polygamists.

Is she going to lug a suitcase full of avocados to Bali?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

+250 bonus points for the use of twat in a sentence. I use it daily as does my eldest. If I'm really riled up, ill pronounce it to rhyme with hat.

Well done, Joan!

😉

Hahahahaha... I do love that word. 

Also been known to call particularly offensive camel toes... "twat waffles" 😂 

I'm bad. 😈

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

At least that recipe doesn't call for avocados.  That's all I got.

I sent my husband out to buy an artichoke and he came back with an avocado?!?!?!? I have made avocado toast in tribute to Mariah.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I don’t like sourdough so I was out at the first line.  

She does look better in that pic.  She still has that vertical eyebrow edge in the middle though.  I guess that’s a thing now.  

I still think she sounds pretentious in her recipe.  Spin on a classic, cozy-making.  Ugh.  

3 tbsp of cinnamon?  That is a lot of cinnamon for two pieces of bread and an apple.  Maybe it is 3 tsp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Also, that first sentence could have been lifted from Strive. Who knew waking up early* to exercise would give me energy?! This is a game changer! I am a rock star!

*I’m going to go out on a limb and say that when most people wake up early to exercise before their day begins, it’s before 6:30am. 

• Love 11

So, does she live downtown, or did Mother Meri gift her with a vehicle so she can prove she's a rock star?  I can't picture Pudge taking public transport.

1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Sweaty crotch.

Happens to me, too. No shame in that. I’d just recommend wearing a, what’s it called?, oh, a shirt.

Hell, no.  Why wear a shirt?  I'm a special snowflake.  Ask anyone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I actually don’t mind her outfit, I’ve seen her wear less attractive things.  As far as the grateful postings I wonder if these are some sort of musings to help with her depression sort of like a grateful journal but because so many people do things online she jabbers about it there instead of an actual book.  The one thing I wonder is if Mariah is paid in anyway for her posts.

She’s “famous” but not really, so I’m curious as to if all the musings are because she thinks people actually care if she eats avocado toast or because she gets some type of perk from it.  I rarely see her name things by brand but I usually only see her musings on here.  Her entitlement is really irksome but then I remember who her mother is and father to a lesser extent.  It’s just more ironic with her because of her social justice battle cry.  Why not more post about how she’s helping fight social injustice instead of pics of $18 avocado toast?

I was going to go on a rant of some sort with supporting facts, but honestly I just really dislike her (and Meri) and some of that dislike is irrational.  I mean I don’t really dislike anybody on the show (even though they’ve given me plenty to work with).  There is something about those two that are like nails on a chalk board.  (The eyebrows don’t help).  Janelle and Kody I can laugh at their antics for the most part (except when they do really shitty parenting things), Robyn I actually don’t have a problem with except for maybe that chin because she’s the one wife who actually stands up to Kody and hell will make sure her kids get EVERYTHING they need unlike well pretty much the rest of them except for maybe Meri.  Meri didn’t exactly stand up to Kody but made sure she got Mariah what she wanted....and still wants.  Kristine just seems to be chillin on her Prozac or whatever she said she was taking and loving her life.  The financial grifting I abhor on any level if any of them are doing that.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Who freaking knew? You don't say. Exercise makes people feel alive? NO. WAY. 

I applaud her for using the scientific method, however, and discovering for herself what millions already know. 

• LOL 8

I love Mariah 's posts! They are a hoot and brighten my day with their snark-worthiness. Mariah will get me thru the hiatus until next season of SW......if there is one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She looks like she has gained 15 lbs since she started posting every sweating, cycling & yogaing session publicly, so perhaps she is doing something wrong.

I think maybe she is a vegan - I never see meat or milk or cheese - so maybe that's why - excess of carbs and no protein isn't conducive to weight loss.

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, Sokoke said:

I think maybe she is a vegan - I never see meat or milk or cheese - so maybe that's why - excess of carbs and no protein isn't conducive to weight loss.

I actually lost a good bit of weight on a real vegan diet.  I’m not sure what Mariah is doing but I hope she doesn’t consider that vegan.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 4/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, Sokoke said:

That depends on the person. I was in top shape and dropped to race weight easily on a plant based diet. 

I suspect Mariah, like many, over estimates calories burned and under estimates calories consumed. Or she just doesn’t care about her weight right now. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

That depends on the person. I was in top shape and dropped to race weight easily on a plant based diet. 

I suspect Mariah, like many, over estimates calories burned and under estimates calories consumed. Or she just doesn’t care about her weight right now. 

It's easier when one is young, as SludgePudge are now, to carry some extra poundage. When they reach Janelle's age, or even some years younger, they'll have more aches and pains than they would if they weighed less.  That's just the way it seems to work.  Never mind risk of hypertension, diabetes, etc., even in young people.

I've never tried vegan.  What seems to work for me is lean protein, lots of vegetables, some fruit, no dairy, and no gluten.  

• Love 5

I don't think she is vegan, i have seen her show photos of eggs with brunch.  

Turtle Power, you are right about most of us not knowing how many calories we are consuming.  Or we hear that this or that is healthy for us, not realizing it might be high in calories.  More so beverages.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's easier when one is young, as SludgePudge are now, to carry some extra poundage. When they reach Janelle's age, or even some years younger, they'll have more aches and pains than they would if they weighed less.  That's just the way it seems to work.  Never mind risk of hypertension, diabetes, etc., even in young people.

I've never tried vegan.  What seems to work for me is lean protein, lots of vegetables, some fruit, no dairy, and no gluten.  

Vegan isn't for everyone, that's for sure. People can GAIN weight if they're not basing the bulk of their intake on plants (there's just as much unhealthy processed vegan/GF out there as a regular diet). 

I'm not completely vegan anymore and eat fish for protein, but plants are still my base. Some days I don't eat fish at all, it seems I don't need as much protein as other people require. Agree with Pickle's beverage comment--no drinks with calories for me. Water, coffee and tea. Gluten makes me feel sluggish so I avoid that, too--which is hard. Sometimes, bread is SO GOOD but the feeling after is not worth it. That one is the most difficult. 

Agree that as Mariah gets older, it might become a concern for her. She's certainly not obese and she doesn't seem to be focused on weight loss, just healthy living. But coming from her and her platform, it is more annoying than if it were coming from the average person. She's not as bad as Janelle though! 

• Love 4

I used to have a co- worker who went vegetarian (no meat or fish) during Lent and she would complain that she’d actually gained weight during it. She said she ate a lot of cream soups and cheese, though. 

From Mariah’s pics, you can see that she eats eggs as well as carbs, seeds, nuts, etc. which can be high in calories if too much is consumed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Vegan isn't for everyone, that's for sure. People can GAIN weight if they're not basing the bulk of their intake on plants (there's just as much unhealthy processed vegan/GF out there as a regular diet). 

We met a LARGE couple on a cruise (she was 350+, and he made her look thin).  They loved broadcasting to anyone within hearing distance that they were vegans.  

We suspect they got most of their non-meat calories from liquor - NO ONE can eat that many vegetables!!!

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We met a LARGE couple on a cruise (she was 350+, and he made her look thin).  They loved broadcasting to anyone within hearing distance that they were vegans.  

We suspect they got most of their non-meat calories from liquor - NO ONE can eat that many vegetables!!!

Maybe they weren't being entirely deceptive.  Hard liquor usually has a grain base and beer's main ingredient is hops.....

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Totally cringing. They were serious? I'd so want to say, "YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!" Nowadays, many vegans describe themselves as whole-food-plant-based. Most people I know doing it that way have lost weight. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Totally cringing. They were serious? I'd so want to say, "YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!" Nowadays, many vegans describe themselves as whole-food-plant-based. Most people I know doing it that way have lost weight. 

The male half of our traveling companion couple looked at us after the vegans made their announcement and went off to their own table in the dining room.  His eyes were huge and he said, "How many vegetables can people eat at one sitting?"  

A couple of days later, hubby and I were alone in a hot tub on the back of the ship one evening.  The vegans - in swimsuits - walked up and asked if they could join us.  They got in, and the water overflowed in the tub.  Four people in a huge hot tub.  And it overflowed.  

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The male half of our traveling companion couple looked at us after the vegans made their announcement and went off to their own table in the dining room.  His eyes were huge and he said, "How many vegetables can people eat at one sitting?"  

A couple of days later, hubby and I were alone in a hot tub on the back of the ship one evening.  The vegans - in swimsuits - walked up and asked if they could join us.  They got in, and the water overflowed in the tub.  Four people in a huge hot tub.  And it overflowed.  

I hate to say it but I think I would have gotten out as soon as possible without hurting their feelings or making them feel uncomfortable.

I watch My 600 lb Life and the participants almost always explain how they really can't clean themselves properly..... the thought of sitting in a tub with them would be difficult and hubby is a bit of a clean freak so I'm sure he'd want out immediately but also wouldn't want to make it obvious or hurt anyone's feelings.

We had a crazy hot tub encounter one year when we took the kids to Disneyland.

We were at our hotel after a long day of visiting the park,... the kids were swimming while hubby and I sat in the hot tub watching, all of a sudden this little boy (looked no more than 7 or 8 yrs old) came walking over with a bag in his hand which contained a towel.... He hopped in the tub with us and immediately struck up a conversation, after about 5 minutes he reached into the bag pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighter, lit up and sat there smoking while continuing to visit and ask us where we were from.... at one point he leaned back, stretched out, took a huge puff and said "yup.. life is sweeeeet" like he was an old person lol.

Hubby and I sat there absolutely dumbfounded.... About 15 minutes later a couple with a toddler came walking over and said "Okay we're leaving now, get dried off and come get dressed" like they were his parents, neither one batted an eye as he packed up his smokes and got out of the tub.

We sat there stunned and didn't know what to make of the whole thing.... the family looked and sounded Hispanic and we wondered if maybe this was more common in their culture?

As soon as they left our kids came running over and were full of questions wondering if he was actually smoking like they thought..... Hubby said "Yes and don't get any ideas"  😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I hate to say it but I think I would have gotten out as soon as possible without hurting their feelings or making them feel uncomfortable.

I watch My 600 lb Life and the participants almost always explain how they really can't clean themselves properly..... the thought of sitting in a tub with them would be difficult and hubby is a bit of a clean freak so I'm sure he'd want out immediately but also wouldn't want to make it obvious or hurt anyone's feelings.

We had a crazy hot tub encounter one year when we took the kids to Disneyland.

We were at our hotel after a long day of visiting the park,... the kids were swimming while hubby and I sat in the hot tub watching, all of a sudden this little boy (looked no more than 7 or 8 yrs old) came walking over with a bag in his hand which contained a towel.... He hopped in the tub with us and immediately struck up a conversation, after about 5 minutes he reached into the bag pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighter, lit up and sat there smoking while continuing to visit and ask us where we were from.... at one point he leaned back, stretched out, took a huge puff and said "yup.. life is sweeeeet" like he was an old person lol.

Hubby and I sat there absolutely dumbfounded.... About 15 minutes later a couple with a toddler came walking over and said "Okay we're leaving now, get dried off and come get dressed" like they were his parents, neither one batted an eye as he packed up his smokes and got out of the tub.

We sat there stunned and didn't know what to make of the whole thing.... the family looked and sounded Hispanic and we wondered if maybe this was more common in their culture?

As soon as they left our kids came running over and were full of questions wondering if he was actually smoking like they thought..... Hubby said "Yes and don't get any ideas"  😂

Oh Joan!  I know there is nothing funny about a child smoking but you painted such a vivid word picture with how nonchalant he was about it, I was laughing at the incongruity of the situation.  I've heard that smoking stunts a person's growth, maybe he was actually 20yrs old.  Sweeeeet! OMG.

• LOL 7