Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Either forgive unconditionally and never mention it again or for Meri to have the courage to say, "enough already, I can't live in limbo land the rest of my days.  I'll be around as a friend of the family for special events, but I'm moving on while there is still the possibility of Finding My Why".

i wish she would.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, suomi said:

I recently found out that there's a name for it now. It's called Virtue Signaling. Humble bragging and virtue signaling - hoo boy, we can thank social media for both of these behaviors being modeled for and taught to the next generation.

Christmas letters paved the way, IMO. We became accustomed to recitations of minutiae that were supposed to impress or cause envy. And there have always been the assholes that corner you at a party and hold forth till you want to gouge your ears out.  It’s not a new thing in my experience, just a new delivery system

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Christmas letters paved the way, IMO. We became accustomed to recitations of minutiae that were supposed to impress or cause envy. And there have always been the assholes that corner you at a party and hold forth till you want to gouge your ears out.  It’s not a new thing in my experience, just a new delivery system

My mother-in-law sent those Christmas letters out for years.  One sister-in-law still sends them.  My dad hated to receive those generic messages, and I never did one, myself.  I just never felt comfortable in thinking my life & that of Mr. X and our daughter, would be of interest to every relative and acquaintance that we had.  Plus, the letters were more like bragging, just like I think of social media, nowadays.  A short personal note meant more to me.  YMMV

Pudge has that special snowflake mentality, for sure.  Being an only instead of many, really went to her head.  Meri treated her as a confidant more than a mother should do, and it backfired on her.  Huge mistake.  

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, TurtlePower said:

Don't forget that Mariah warned her mother that the "man" she was talking to might not be real when this whole thing began. Mariah was there when Meri was texting, disappearing to talk to "Sam", eventually becoming enamored enough to consider leaving the family. And it wasn't "perceived" affair, those banana pictures and voicemails happened. They may not have had physical contact ('cause, well, he was a she), but Meri Loved "Sam" and all this happened after Mariah warned her.

I also don't think Meri has ever told Mariah, "I'm sorry, you were right". Instead Meri managed a lame, "I am a victim" excuse. NO, she fucking wasn't. For this, I don't blame Mariah for holding a grudge but I also applaud her for not wanting to talk about it--unless she is going to receive a sincere apology from her mother. I don't think Meri is ever going to admit her part and Mariah wants to move on without hearing about it anymore. 

I don't think Meri ever did either or apologized. I think she immediately switched to "I'm a victim" and refuses to admit she did anything wrong. Yes, what the catfish did was wrong. But she was wrong too. All those voicemails and the banana picture? Mariah tried to warn her and Meri didn't listen. She took her daughter to Disneyland in hopes to meet the man she hoped to run off with, Mariah's new stepdad. And the really big one that Meri loves to forget. She was planning to leave. She was going to run off with Sam and leave the family and everyone behind. I don't think she thought or probably just assumed Mariah would be totally okay with all of that and happily join them. Not have a problem with the affair and her mother running off with another man. The only reason it didn't happen was he didn't exist. She'd been gone if he was real. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought all the wives wear the cladaugh rings as the symbol of marriage to each other?... Meri, Janelle and Christine went shopping together and chose Robyn's ring.

They chose the cheapest one they could find.  😂 

And as far as the Meri and Mariah thing I agree with you... How do you forgive someone for something they refuse to admit doing?..... Even Christy admitted what SHE did, she was separated from her husband, lonely, looking for love and struck up a relationship with Sam.

Meri acts like she wasn't doing anything and this person broke into her virtual house and victimized her somehow without her having anything to do with it.... I've yet to hear Meri admit to her part in the whole thing or how inappropriate her actions were... She's still riding around on her moral high horse looking down her nose at people.

Meri goes around with sleeves over sleeves and hemlines to the floor because she's soooooo modest and such a godly woman... And even after all that we know she continues to go around all bundled up and acting morally superior.  🙄

I can't stand Mariah but it must have been terribly embarrassing for her when the whole catfish situation was exposed for the public to see and hear, all the pictures of her mom with bananas and the sex talk etc. ... When I was a teenager my best friends mother got caught having an affair with a man who lived down the street, the entire neighborhood was buzzing with gossip and she found it very difficult to continue at school or even go to the corner store because people would whisper, her mother was labeled a slut and the gory details continued to trickle out until my friend considered suicide, her father finally took her and moved away because she couldn't function. I'm still friends with her and have stayed in touch..and even though it happened 25+ years ago it still hurts and when the Meri thing happened (she watches sister wives) She said how it brought back all those embarrassing memories and how hard it was to try and live through it.

Mariah learned how to be a stubborn, judgemental hypocrite from her mother (and father)... Meri is reaping what she sowed.

I can imagine it was brutal at school for the kids and teens that I knew when it got out their parent cheated on their other parent. So many horrible jokes, taunting and teasing. It was hard enough for them to deal with the affair in first place and then have to deal with that? The only lucky thing was there were no voicemails, pictures and emails or else it would have been so much worse. 

And yes Mariah learned how to be all of that from her parents. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Just some - my first year was clinical and I knew it wasn’t for me. So switched to research. Most of my jobs were in program administration and policy development and dissemination. At the end of my career I ended up working in the social work school I graduated from in the Office of Social service Research and Design. Never saw a “client” in my entire career. There are many other similar jobs that hire macro level social workers in agencies that write grants, manage programs, push for social reform etc. Many different career paths other than therapy/counseling. Maybe there are other social workers on here who can add to the discussion. If Mariah is such an annoyance her career won’t go far because either she will not get hired, get promoted or get fired soon enough.  

Thank you for answering. I tried to look up information on Yahoo and Google and they both seemed confused by my question no matter how I worded it. 

• Love 2
On 3/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, Phoebe70 said:

Looks like Pudge has some bald spots judging by her scalp in that photo. She truly is Kootie’s daughter. They both have that unattractive, frizzy hair. 

I think that's just the blond roots growing in.  

• Love 3
On 3/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’m going to beat that drum again: she is at Loyola getting a masters in social work and social justice. 

Mariah, your privilege is showing.

If Mariah is so into health and wellness, why not pursue a degree more specifically geared toward it, like nutrition or physical therapy? Or why not work and learn how to be a personal trainer on the side?

YES.  No disrespect to social workers, but go to a local college for crap's sake!!!  Frikkin' Loyola!!!  "Why not nutrition or physical therapy? " Because they are sciencey and not about how you "feel," so they are hard.  Wahhh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Regarding  Mariah’s being closeted, she was raised in a family that believed being gay jeopardizes your eternal soul.

Did they?  I don't recall that.  All I remember is their "love is love" attitude.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

YES.  No disrespect to social workers, but go to a local college for crap's sake!!!  Frikkin' Loyola!!!  "Why not nutrition or physical therapy? " Because they are sciencey and not about how you "feel," so they are hard.  Wahhh.

Exactly. If you want an MSW go to a state university where you live. Much cheaper than a private university. But no Mariah had to go to a private college for her undergraduate degree and so on to a private university for an MSW. Such a special snowflake. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

Um. Social work is not about how you “feel”. When I went to social work school and in my career no one cared how I “felt”. When I went to a social worker for therapy feelings were just a tiny part of my therapy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

About those letters - my late mother in law sent them and never asked us anything and hers were full of wrong information. Harmless but wrong. It wasn’t worth making an issue about. 

I have friends who write their Christmas letter from their dog's point of view and refer to themselves in the third person.  It's not my friends blowing their own horn, but it's their dog that's just so darn proud of them.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't think Meri ever did either or apologized. I think she immediately switched to "I'm a victim" and refuses to admit she did anything wrong. Yes, what the catfish did was wrong. But she was wrong too. All those voicemails and the banana picture? Mariah tried to warn her and Meri didn't listen. She took her daughter to Disneyland in hopes to meet the man she hoped to run off with, Mariah's new stepdad. And the really big one that Meri loves to forget. She was planning to leave. She was going to run off with Sam and leave the family and everyone behind. I don't think she thought or probably just assumed Mariah would be totally okay with all of that and happily join them. Not have a problem with the affair and her mother running off with another man. The only reason it didn't happen was he didn't exist. She'd been gone if he was real. 

I think Meri believes her own reality and has convinced herself that she is 100% victim in all this. She did many things, like the statement in bold, that she seems to have forgotten.

I'm not one to demand forgiveness and I never expect it unless I've been fully and 100% open about a wrongdoing.  I'd certainly never demand it if I've been lying about something for 4 years all while stirring the pot and bringing it up every few months. It's painful to admit you've done something hurtful but once you admit wrongdoing, then, you've earned it and it's then up to the other person. Meri hasn't even gotten that far, she's never really taken responsibility for it. 

Mariah loves her mother and wants to move on. If Meri stops bringing it up in her twisted, victim-y way, that may just happen, as can forgiveness. 

As a side-note, if I were Mariah, I may have cornered Meri with the evidence and just asked her to admit her feelings. Totally puts Meri in an "unsafe space", but she uses that BS every time someone confronts her (but it's ok for HER to bring it up). 

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I think Meri believes her own reality and has convinced herself that she is 100% victim in all this. She did many things, like the statement in bold, that she seems to have forgotten.

I'm not one to demand forgiveness and I never expect it unless I've been fully and 100% open about a wrongdoing.  I'd certainly never demand it if I've been lying about something for 4 years all while stirring the pot and bringing it up every few months. It's painful to admit you've done something hurtful but once you admit wrongdoing, then, you've earned it and it's then up to the other person. Meri hasn't even gotten that far, she's never really taken responsibility for it. 

Mariah loves her mother and wants to move on. If Meri stops bringing it up in her twisted, victim-y way, that may just happen, as can forgiveness. 

As a side-note, if I were Mariah, I may have cornered Meri with the evidence and just asked her to admit her feelings. Totally puts Meri in an "unsafe space", but she uses that BS every time someone confronts her (but it's ok for HER to bring it up). 

Meri retreats to her "unsafe space" when she is not in control, and Meri is all about control.  She fell apart when she relinquished her HBIC position to Robyn and it's been downhill for her since then.  She exults in her success with LLN, as she should, she has been highly successful, but let anyone of her potential customers question anything and they are immediately cut short.  When Christine attempted to have a heart to heart with her, Christine was controlling the narrative, so immediately Meri put up her walls and felt unsafe. 

Mariah's frustration with her stems from the fact that she cannot digest the BS line that Meri is trying to force-feed her, so they are at an impasse until either Meri comes clean and admits her own failings or Mariah relents and accepts Meri's interpretation of events.  Being Meri's daughter, she has her own control issues, so she is not likely to fully forgive until Meri prostrates herself and admits that it was her lack of self-control that led to the fiasco with "Sam".  No blaming it on Kody for ignoring her and making her feel needy, if she felt that neglected, she should have "womaned up" and confronted him, if that didn't achieve the results she hoped for, she should have then removed herself from what she considered a toxic environment. 

I don't believe for a minute that it was her religious convictions that kept her from jetting off with "Sam", he was a purported Catholic, so the faith aspect went by the wayside when she was lured by the promise of undivided attention and wealth with an individual she had never laid eyes on.  That would have been the ultimate control trip for Meri, security, power and money.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, suomi said:

I recently found out that there's a name for it now. It's called Virtue Signaling. Humble bragging and virtue signaling - hoo boy, we can thank social media for both of these behaviors being modeled for and taught to the next generation.

Yeah, I actually referred to it as virtue signaling in a previous post about Mariah upthread, so I too have become "woke" to the "new lingo", LOL.  😎😝

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Mariah's frustration with her stems from the fact that she cannot digest the BS line that Meri is trying to force-feed her, so they are at an impasse until either Meri comes clean and admits her own failings or Mariah relents and accepts Meri's interpretation of events.  Being Meri's daughter, she has her own control issues, so she is not likely to fully forgive until Meri prostrates herself and admits that it was her lack of self-control that led to the fiasco with "Sam".  No blaming it on Kody for ignoring her and making her feel needy, if she felt that neglected, she should have "womaned up" and confronted him, if that didn't achieve the results she hoped for, she should have then removed herself from what she considered a toxic environment. 

The reason I have a problem with this is that I suspect that if the shoe were on the other foot Mariah would not be any quicker to admit blame, failings or responsibility either.  She seems to expect much more of her mother than of herself.  I say that because she seems to have been taken in by the "culture of victimhood" that is being spread in colleges, which she has likely bought into because of her sexual orientation.  That episode with the fake emotional support dogs told me everything I need to know about where she's really coming from.

I know it seems like I'm defending Meri a lot but I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to be a woman from a culture like theirs in a plural marriage with a sexist pig like the douche himself, somehow thinking it's your lot in life because of the culture and your entire family that would look down on you if you didn't just "keep sweet" and accept it.  I think it would be very hard to pick oneself out of that situation - much harder than for perhaps younger women or women that don't come from such a female-repressive religious background.  I think what kept Meri in that toxic situation beyond the point of sanity is the guilt she would have felt if she left it.  As in all repressive relationships, the abuser makes you feel that you are the one to blame and if you leave you are doing them and the family wrong.  So while Kody would be pushing her away, he and all the other wives would at the same time be heaping guilt upon her for leaving.  And in her culture, that's a crap load of guilt, so much that it might have prevented her from doing what she really would have wanted to do, and knew was best for her.  So she took the "victim's way out" and stayed put but acted out on the side to meet someone else.  It's actually very sad and I would not wish that kind of guilt on anyone.  Add to that the very public nature of her life and there is even more potential guilt and outright ostracism and persecution from her entire society.  That's an awful lot to give up and endure, more than even those non-plygs from other repressive religious backgrounds would have to endure.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

The reason I have a problem with this is that I suspect that if the shoe were on the other foot Mariah would not be any quicker to admit blame, failings or responsibility either.  She seems to expect much more of her mother than of herself.  I say that because she seems to have been taken in by the "culture of victimhood" that is being spread in colleges, which she has likely bought into because of her sexual orientation.  That episode with the fake emotional support dogs told me everything I need to know about where she's really coming from.

I know it seems like I'm defending Meri a lot but I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to be a woman from a culture like theirs in a plural marriage with a sexist pig like the douche himself, somehow thinking it's your lot in life because of the culture and your entire family that would look down on you if you didn't just "keep sweet" and accept it.  I think it would be very hard to pick oneself out of that situation - much harder than for perhaps younger women or women that don't come from such a female-repressive religious background.  I think what kept Meri in that toxic situation beyond the point of sanity is the guilt she would have felt if she left it.  As in all repressive relationships, the abuser makes you feel that you are the one to blame and if you leave you are doing them and the family wrong.  So while Kody would be pushing her away, he and all the other wives would at the same time be heaping guilt upon her for leaving.  And in her culture, that's a crap load of guilt, so much that it might have prevented her from doing what she really would have wanted to do, and knew was best for her.  So she took the "victim's way out" and stayed put but acted out on the side to meet someone else.  It's actually very sad and I would not wish that kind of guilt on anyone.  Add to that the very public nature of her life and there is even more potential guilt and outright ostracism and persecution from her entire society.  That's an awful lot to give up and endure, more than even those non-plygs from other repressive religious backgrounds would have to endure.

Thank you for expressing what I feel as well, re: Mariah and holding her mother to a higher standard than she would if it were herself who “ sinned.”

Even Kody, douche that he is, was trying to get Mariah to soften her stance against her mother. And yet Mariah would, in her self-righteousness, have none of it. Kody, the one to whom Meri had been emotionally unfaithful, was seeing that Mariah was harshly treating her mother.

And yes to your explanation about Meri and the culture/religion in which she was raised. One may stray from one’s religion, but some core guilt can run deep.

Don’t see Mariah and her woke feminism calling out Kody, polygamy or the AUB about anything.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

All valid points about why a woman would remain in this situation of repression.  My point was that Meri was prepared to face the censure of her family and community when she thought she had a back-up plan.  Remember the restaurant scene with Robyn calmly slurping her soup while Meri made her "don't be surprised if I'm up and gone soon" announcement.  What changed?  Meri's house was built of cards and it turns out there was no escape for her, so she knuckles down and accepts Kody's revulsion and recriminations from the rest of the family, possibly for the duration of her time with the family here and now, and with the prospect of eternity if Kody deems to call her to his planet.

The situation that she chooses to remain in makes all of her "Strong Woman" proclamations seem like whistling in the dark and give me reason to believe she is only sticking around for the benefits to her LLN business, because to her "fame" with the show as well as the TLC paycheck.  While these may be sound business decisions, it demonstrates her lack of principles. pride and integrity. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

All valid points about why a woman would remain in this situation of repression.  My point was that Meri was prepared to face the censure of her family and community when she thought she had a back-up plan.  Remember the restaurant scene with Robyn calmly slurping her soup while Meri made her "don't be surprised if I'm up and gone soon" announcement.  What changed?  Meri's house was built of cards and it turns out there was no escape for her, so she knuckles down and accepts Kody's revulsion and recriminations from the rest of the family, possibly for the duration of her time with the family here and now, and with the prospect of eternity if Kody deems to call her to his planet.

The situation that she chooses to remain in makes all of her "Strong Woman" proclamations seem like whistling in the dark and give me reason to believe she is only sticking around for the benefits to her LLN business, because to her "fame" with the show as well as the TLC paycheck.  While these may be sound business decisions, it demonstrates her lack of principles. pride and integrity. 

Another mistake Meri made is thinking that finding a "savior" to rescue her from feeling trapped in her situation was the answer, which is how she got taken in by the catfish.  It's one I can't fault her for given that it was hard to see a way out and she was so disempowered at that point under the weight of that oppressive family that it seemed like the only alternative.

I think that since then, and perhaps because of all the public attention, she has been helped to see that the best way out of a hole is to pull yourself out of it.  She is quietly putting the focus on herself, making her own achievements in her own business, collecting the show money and waiting for the right moment to make her break.  In the meantime she is becoming emotionally stronger, more empowered and will at the right time be able to handle it both emotionally and financially.  I can't really fault her for that - I actually think that's the healthiest thing for her to possibly do.  I don't agree with her choice of businesses in Lularoe but I can admire her obvious progress toward pulling herself out of that miserable relationship.  I only hope she doesn't wimp out in it and stay in it indefinitely.  It certainly looks like she's making her plans to be ready to leave, so I'm hopeful for that.  I also don't fault her for taking advantage of the TLC money.  No reason she should have to give that up until she's good and ready.  Good for her, if that's her M.O.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I say that because she seems to have been taken in by the "culture of victimhood" that is being spread in colleges, which she has likely bought into because of her sexual orientation.  That episode with the fake emotional support dogs told me everything I need to know about where she's really coming from.

She won't forgive her mother because Meri won't admit to being in the wrong. I haven's seen any remorse from Sludge/Pudge for their committing fraud to fly their pets for free.  All we got from them was Sludge removing her social account because she was being "persecuted" after publicly remonstrating Southwest for her "horrible" experience.

The apple doesn't fall far, know what I'm saying?  And it has infected Sludge as well.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Um. Social work is not about how you “feel”. When I went to social work school and in my career no one cared how I “felt”. When I went to a social worker for therapy feelings were just a tiny part of my therapy. 

I apologize.  You are completely correct...and I realized that later on (hours later...it was a "d'oh" moment).  I think I mean that you have to have more empathy and intuition with social work and I don't know what the hell is involved at all with a social justice degree but that doesn't sound to sciencey to me.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Heritage Outpost, where one can bring their own thermos of liquid refreshments.  I hope she is looking up her own heritage, so she will be better informed than her mother when discerning her polygamist ancestors.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Gosh, all of us sweet babes were so worried about the implosion you were having so recently.  Thrilled to know you're back in the coffee shops posing as if you're studying or something.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She won't forgive her mother because Meri won't admit to being in the wrong. I haven's seen any remorse from Sludge/Pudge for their committing fraud to fly their pets for free.  All we got from them was Sludge removing her social account because she was being "persecuted" after publicly remonstrating Southwest for her "horrible" experience.

The apple doesn't fall far, know what I'm saying?  And it has infected Sludge as well.

This bothered me as well. I don’t think they’ll ever admit to faking and lying about the ESAs. They’re just hoping it will “go away” over time. Mariah has her own rug she’s sweeping stuff under. 

How hard is it to admit being wrong? It seems like for some people, it’s the worst thing in the universe. I was always taught that, yes, it’s going to be hard and it’s going to be scary. I was also taught that once I’d done that, I might need to earn back trust but the burden of carrying around the truth of the wrong was off of me. 

People nowadays seem to demand forgiveness—as if the burden is placed on the victim of the wrongdoing versus the wrongdoer. Forgiveness is earned and it begins with honesty, which seemS scarce these days. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto-INCORRECT
  • Love 9
On 3/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, xwordfanatik said:

My mother-in-law sent those Christmas letters out for years.  One sister-in-law still sends them.  My dad hated to receive those generic messages, and I never did one, myself.  I just never felt comfortable in thinking my life & that of Mr. X and our daughter, would be of interest to every relative and acquaintance that we had.  Plus, the letters were more like bragging, just like I think of social media, nowadays.  A short personal note meant more to me.  YMMV

Pudge has that special snowflake mentality, for sure.  Being an only instead of many, really went to her head.  Meri treated her as a confidant more than a mother should do, and it backfired on her.  Huge mistake.  

I used to get one every year from my Mormon family.  One year Mr. Natalie and I sent one out about our cats.  It was a total joke.  We only sent it to people that would get it.  I didn't want to offend my cousins.  Their letters were a challenge to read though.  All kinds of misspelled words, things that didn't make sense etc.  They were all college educated.  Brigham Young must not spend too much time teaching these skills :).  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I’m not familiar with the Browns religion and at this point I’m not sure they are either,  but if Mariah gets married to Audrey, do they both go to Kody's planet, just Mariah or neither? Also, if Meri had left with Sam, if he were real, does she still go to Kody’s planet because she’s Mariah’s mom?  Sorry if these questions, sound juvenile, but I’m not familiar with really any part of their beliefs other than “LuLaRoe for life or until we get sued whichever comes first” . 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m not familiar with the Browns religion and at this point I’m not sure they are either,  but if Mariah gets married to Audrey, do they both go to Kody's planet, just Mariah or neither? Also, if Meri had left with Sam, if he were real, does she still go to Kody’s planet because she’s Mariah’s mom?  Sorry if these questions, sound juvenile, but I’m not familiar with really any part of their beliefs other than “LuLaRoe for life or until we get sued whichever comes first” . 

I hope someone can answer this as well as it always perplexed me. When spouses separate is the wife no longer called? Do sons get their own planets and do daughters go to their husbands? Kody’s planet could potentially be populated by Christine (I know this is a stretch, bare with me) as Robyn and Jennelle had other husbands and Mary is divorced/might leave. No wonder he and Christine are so cuddly lately: practicing for the afterlife 

• LOL 3
17 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

I hope someone can answer this as well as it always perplexed me. 

This has come up a number of times and absolutely no one has been able to answer it.  Even asking a practicing Mormon gets you nowhere - I don't think they even know.  There are just too many variations of relationships.

• Love 3
Just now, Kohola3 said:

This has come up a number of times and absolutely no one has been able to answer it.  Even asking a practicing Mormon gets you nowhere - I don't think they even know.  There are just too many variations of relationships.

And it's HIGHLY personal and kept close to the heart.   Do you know what indoctrination is?  I don't want to say that aspects are secret exactly - but they aren't discussed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Certain aspects are not discussed because they are contradictory and they defy logic. If I was creating a contradictory and illogical set of beliefs I would hang a sacred/secret label on it. CYA 101. The Browns want the fame and the money while deciding which parts of their lifestyle can and cannot be discussed. Oooff.

You can be sealed for time or sealed for time and all eternity. Were you married multiple successive times? Choose which ones are sealed for time and which one is sealed for time and all eternity. Or, be sealed for eternity to all of them if you are a man; women do not have this option. Surely there is no shortage of duels and catfights in the celestial kingdom. 

Sealed married couples: if she leaves the earthly marriage, or stays and isn't obedient, or he likes all his other wives better - she's not getting pulled through the veil. 

Minor children go to dad's planet. Children born to parents whose marriage is already sealed are born in the covenant, no further sealing required. Adopted children or children born before the parents are sealed to each other do require being sealed to the family. Adult sealed-to-family children who never marry or are married and not sealed go to dad's planet. (Sons and daughters). 

Spinsters will be maids and servants in the afterlife. (This is claimed or denied according to which way the wind is blowing when the clarification is requested, who is asking, and who they ask). 

Divorced men, unsealed-to-wife men, bachelors and never sealed men (adult converts who never marry) get another shot at marriage(s) on their dad's planet. 

There is no way for Mariah to marry Audrey and have that union recognized. Mariah can marry Audrey in a civil ceremony but they cannot be sealed and there is no chance of an afterlife for them together. Each will go to her father's planet, if he is a worthy male who gets a planet.

Adult sons get their own planets if they are worthy; worthy varies according to which teachings are in place when you die (1860 differs from 1960, 1960 differs from today) and which branch, limb or twig of the church you belong to. Prime example: the expiration of the three-wife minimum required for exaltation.

Being in arrears with before-taxes tithing (10% of gross income) is, always has been, and always will be a worthy-breaker; no worthy, no temple - can't get married, sealed, unsealed there, can't perform or receive temple ordinances (can't initiate newly worthy or reinstated members, can't baptize the dead by proxy. etc). Payment plans available upon request. (I've seen them). 

This planet called Earth belongs to a god who once was a worthy man and all humans born since the beginning are his results. People who are not members of any aspect of mormonism exercised free will and rejected it or were never exposed to it during their lifetime; they are SOL in terms of eternal salvation. But everyone gets a second chance so you are baptized by proxy after you die and they will gladly tell you that your soul is freeeeee to reject it. 

Proxy baptisms are supposed to be limited to your own family line but there are hordes of volunteers all over the world who gather local newspaper obituaries for submission to headquarters. I've seen them doing it, they told me they were doing it, they asked me to mail the big weekly manila envelopes for them when I delivered Meals On Wheels and when I was a home hospice CNA. Anne Frank, Martin Luther King, JFK, RFK and countless others have been baptized even tho their chosen religion was a matter of public record. I shit you not.

So, really, it's not that complicated.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, suomi said:

Certain aspects are not discussed because they are contradictory and they defy logic. If I was creating a contradictory and illogical set of beliefs I would hang a sacred/secret label on it. CYA 101. The Browns want the fame and the money while deciding which parts of their lifestyle can and cannot be discussed. Oooff.

You can be sealed for time or sealed for time and all eternity. Were you married multiple successive times? Choose which ones are sealed for time and which one is sealed for time and all eternity. Or, be sealed for eternity to all of them if you are a man; women do not have this option. Surely there is no shortage of duels and catfights in the celestial kingdom. 

Sealed married couples: if she leaves the earthly marriage, or stays and isn't obedient, or he likes all his other wives better - she's not getting pulled through the veil. 

Minor children go to dad's planet. Children born to parents whose marriage is already sealed are born in the covenant, no further sealing required. Adopted children or children born before the parents are sealed to each other do require being sealed to the family. Adult sealed-to-family children who never marry or are married and not sealed go to dad's planet. (Sons and daughters). 

Spinsters will be maids and servants in the afterlife. (This is claimed or denied according to which way the wind is blowing when the clarification is requested, who is asking, and who they ask). 

Divorced men, unsealed-to-wife men, bachelors and never sealed men (adult converts who never marry) get another shot at marriage(s) on their dad's planet. 

There is no way for Mariah to marry Audrey and have that union recognized. Mariah can marry Audrey in a civil ceremony but they cannot be sealed and there is no chance of an afterlife for them together. Each will go to her father's planet, if he is a worthy male who gets a planet.

Adult sons get their own planets if they are worthy; worthy varies according to which teachings are in place when you die (1860 differs from 1960, 1960 differs from today) and which branch, limb or twig of the church you belong to. Prime example: the expiration of the three-wife minimum required for exaltation.

Being in arrears with before-taxes tithing (10% of gross income) is, always has been, and always will be a worthy-breaker; no worthy, no temple - can't get married, sealed, unsealed there, can't perform or receive temple ordinances (can't initiate newly worthy or reinstated members, can't baptize the dead by proxy. etc). Payment plans available upon request. (I've seen them). 

This planet called Earth belongs to a god who once was a worthy man and all humans born since the beginning are his results. People who are not members of any aspect of mormonism exercised free will and rejected it or were never exposed to it during their lifetime; they are SOL in terms of eternal salvation. But everyone gets a second chance so you are baptized by proxy after you die and they will gladly tell you that your soul is freeeeee to reject it. 

Proxy baptisms are supposed to be limited to your own family line but there are hordes of volunteers all over the world who gather local newspaper obituaries for submission to headquarters. I've seen them doing it, they told me they were doing it, they asked me to mail the big weekly manila envelopes for them when I delivered Meals On Wheels and when I was a home hospice CNA. Anne Frank, Martin Luther King, JFK, RFK and countless others have been baptized even tho their chosen religion was a matter of public record. I shit you not.

Thanks for such an in-depth explaination.  I had heard of the baptism by proxy thing on a show but thought it was made up for fictional purposes.  Guess not, although I can’t remember, which religion they were talking at the time.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, suomi said:

Holy cow, it's worse than I thought.  Thanks for taking the time to explain it. 

And, as a peremptory strike, I hereby declare that I do not want my afterlife anywhere in the vicinity of this cockamamie bunch so leave me off the baptism list.  I have no desire to be anybody's servant through eternity.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2A3E5BFD-8929-4FD9-A522-BEB3298AF605.jpeg

3BD0CA8B-2634-4AF9-B793-54F2EAD45669.jpeg

Sorry to do this to everyone, but seriously?

9DABE3E4-7F20-4CC8-BCD8-714902D9D71C.jpeg

That is just disgusting.  How does she think that is ok???   Looks like she washed her hair a couple of weeks ago.  Not only would that smell bad, but her head must be itchy.  

Meri - did you teach her the importance of washing her hair regularly?  Oops, never mind... we’ve seen your hair, my bad

• LOL 6
12 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

That is just disgusting.  How does she think that is ok???   Looks like she washed her hair a couple of weeks ago.  Not only would that smell bad, but her head must be itchy.  

Meri - did you teach her the importance of washing her hair regularly?  Oops, never mind... we’ve seen your hair, my bad

Meri was so busy teaching Mariah self-centered, egocentric, narcissistic behavior that they never got around to "the talk" about hair.  😒

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Gah, is this a "thing" with the super-woke-crunchy-youth these days?  I realize that I sound like the lady who sits on her porch in a rocking chair all day long, afghan over knees, with the hose hidden, just waiting for a kid to step on my lawn...but yuck, slimy hair pulled into a skanky bun does NOT scream "health and wellness" to me.  And her blonde roots growing in make her look like she has a receding hairline worthy of her dad's.  If you're gonna go super-dark-over-blonde, Sludge, make sure you stock up on cheap hair dye.

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Translation:  Be selfish.  Admit and own it!

See I was translating it as "I better make sure everyone knows I am the opposite of Janelle!  SHE jumps on the fad bandwagon I'M telling you stay away from fads."  FOLLOW ME - NOT JANELLE - ME, ME ME!!!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Gah, is this a "thing" with the super-woke-crunchy-youth these days?  I realize that I sound like the lady who sits on her porch in a rocking chair all day long, afghan over knees, with the hose hidden, just waiting for a kid to step on my lawn...but yuck, slimy hair pulled into a skanky bun does NOT scream "health and wellness"...

I have a super soaker... may I join you for an afternoon's fun and games?  😛

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
grammar, quote correction
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2