Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

”......you say accessibility is an issue so find time to work out just one or two times and week and try new vegetables this week.” Annnnnnnd you lost me. She can’t see past the end of her nose. What if your neighborhood isn’t safe enough to go practice yoga in the streets? What if you have young children, or a child with a disability, or a parent with dementia, and you are living on a tight budget, how are you going to pay a babysitter and pay for a gym? Mariah, your privilege is showing.

I don't think it's her privilege showing as much as her pretentions showing.  She is not giving bad advice.  She is saying "If all you can do right now is walk back and forth in your apartment 20 times then doing that is doing something.  No matter how slowly you start, you're still starting and it's better than doing nothing."  It's just that it's so hard looking past all the artsy poses and pictures of outrageously priced breakfasts.  And raving about soul cycle or some other expensive gym doesn't help.   Even while trying to be sympathetic to other by acknowledging that people have different obstacles in their way she's doing it so obnoxiously that she's hiding the actual message.

I remember years ago listening to a doctor on talk radio who would talk about getting new patients who were in such terrible shape they could barely last a minute on the treadmill at a normal walking pace.  His advice was always you can't change where you are starting from, and you won't get results overnight but you can change and you can get healthier.  

• Love 17

Nothing is about reality with this one.  Delusions of grandeur.  Of course she's qualified to be a health coach - She shits gold, after all.  We are all so fortunate that she is here to rain her wonderfulness down upon us.  Without her we are nothing but unhealthy rubes and idiots.  Of course she is not too overweight, nor does her diet of carbs, sugar, fat and calories have anything to do with how much health and wisdom she has that we of course don't.  Nor does it correlate with her big fat ass and stomach.  We must be mistaken about that.  She is thin and physically fit.

That's another thing about her and her ilk.  They're experts about everything, doncha know?  And of course, we're not.  We just crawled out of a hole and need her to tell us how to live and be as "fabulous" as she is.  And if the mood strikes her, she can change what field of her infinite expertise she can enlighten us from on any given week.  There's nothing wrong with that because she is so gifted in so many fields.  How can we here on this board be so blind to that?  It must be us.  😏

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Nothing is about reality with this one.  Delusions of grandeur.  Of course she's qualified to be a health coach - She shits gold, after all.  We are all so fortunate that she is here to rain her wonderfulness down upon us.  Without her we are nothing but unhealthy rubes and idiots.  Of course she is not too overweight, nor does her diet of carbs, sugar, fat and calories have anything to do with how much health and wisdom she has that we of course don't.  Nor does it correlate with her big fat ass and stomach.  We must be mistaken about that.  She is thin and physically fit.

That's another thing about her and her ilk.  They're experts about everything, doncha know?  And of course, we're not.  We just crawled out of a hole and need her to tell us how to live and be as "fabulous" as she is.  And if the mood strikes her, she can change what field of her infinite expertise she can enlighten us from on any given week.  There's nothing wrong with that because she is so gifted in so many fields.  How can we here on this board be so blind to that?  It must be us.  😏

I do have to admire Mariah's sense of balance. If I attempted that pose, I'd wind up in the emergency room!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't think it's her privilege showing as much as her pretentions showing.  She is not giving bad advice.  She is saying "If all you can do right now is walk back and forth in your apartment 20 times then doing that is doing something.  No matter how slowly you start, you're still starting and it's better than doing nothing."  It's just that it's so hard looking past all the artsy poses and pictures of outrageously priced breakfasts.  And raving about soul cycle or some other expensive gym doesn't help.   Even while trying to be sympathetic to other by acknowledging that people have different obstacles in their way she's doing it so obnoxiously that she's hiding the actual message.

I remember years ago listening to a doctor on talk radio who would talk about getting new patients who were in such terrible shape they could barely last a minute on the treadmill at a normal walking pace.  His advice was always you can't change where you are starting from, and you won't get results overnight but you can change and you can get healthier.  

Fair point.

As for the second paragraph Saint Gretchen Rubin calls it the One Coin Paradox

(I have a Gretchen Rubin obsession 😉)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, toodles said:

Wait a minute.  So the other day she posted sad Mariah sitting against the wall looking like shit talking about therapy and today we have health and wellness  "expert" Mariah giving stupid ass advice?  Advice that's in every diet book under the sun?  Between Mariah and Janelle I don't know which one is worse.  Did Kody get a white board and do a family presentation and assign health and wellness to these two? Is this the big plan to rake in the benjamins? I just don't get it.  A tax dodge is my best guess.

Sure let’s get the least physically fit people in our family to be “health coaches” while we are at:

Tired of your hair looking lifeless and dull? Don’t know how to tame those fussy split ends? For only $19.99/month sign up for “Haircare by Kody”.  His hair looks like shit so yours doesn’t have to.  Sign up NOW!   The first 100 callers will receive ABSOLUTELY FREE a slightly used pair of lawsuit leggings and a My Sister Wives Closet pendant that doubles not only as the ugliest piece of joolery you own, but also as a subway token slug that can be used when the mortgage is due and you need to skip town quick. Call 1-800-CATFISH. Operators are standing by now. 

*The preceding is not approved by any member of the Brown family nor the person that wrote it. 

P.S. Dont call 1-800-CATFISH, I have no idea what the number leads to but you could end up with a truckload of bananas and the need to talk about it continuously despite never wanting to hear about it again.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Sure let’s get the least physically fit people in our family to be “health coaches” while we are at:

Tired of your hair looking lifeless and dull? Don’t know how to tame those fussy split ends? For only $19.99/month sign up for “Haircare by Kody”.  His hair looks like shit so yours doesn’t have to.  Sign up NOW!

Haircare by Kody?!?  👀  🤣🤣🤣 

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’m going to beat that drum again: she is at Loyola getting a masters in social work and social justice. 

“My focus is on health and wellness......” Mkay, starting to lose me. Social work and health & wellness can be related. It’s a bit of a stretch, but I can follow.

”......you say accessibility is an issue so find time to work out just one or two times and week and try new vegetables this week.” Annnnnnnd you lost me. She can’t see past the end of her nose. What if your neighborhood isn’t safe enough to go practice yoga in the streets? What if you have young children, or a child with a disability, or a parent with dementia, and you are living on a tight budget, how are you going to pay a babysitter and pay for a gym? Mariah, your privilege is showing.

As for, “just try adding new veggies” it’s not that easy. Some of us live on a tight budget and/or have limited time and resources to find new recipes. Upthread a poster said her friend spent $50/month on food. Her margin for error is $0. What if she buys an Apple, and the Apple is mealy? She’s not then going to be like, “well that was a fun experiment, now I am going to spend another dollar on something else to eat.” Nope, she has to eat the bad Apple or go hungry. (My iPhone autocorrect has strong feelings about how to spell Apple, evidently)

If Mariah is so into health and wellness, why not pursue a degree more specifically geared toward it, like nutrition or physical therapy? Or why not work and learn how to be a personal trainer on the side?

Well, I hope that living in a diverse and fascinating city like Chicago,and furthering her education, will open her eyes to the wide range of realities that people face. She grew up in a couple of different kinds of bubbles (weird “religious” cult with an us v. them mentality, TV cameras constantly documenting her childhood and family foibles). She’s young and in love and that’s often another kind of self-involved bubble. I think she’s trying new kinds of lives and I hope that her focus and awareness will enlarge. God knows I was a clueless idiot at her age and I like to think I’ve improved. 

I also think any kid who grows up on TV and is discussed on line is likely to think they must be endlessly fascinating. She’ll learn. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Young people have done this since time began. They are discovering the world and they haven’t quite realized that others have discovered it already. It’s not unusual for teens and young adults to think their parents, for example, are clueless and they can cruel about it, or they can be “kind” and “helpful” about it (which can read as condescending).

I don’t think Mariah is holding herself as a paragon. Shes trying to get heathier and maybe she’s flailing but so what. She’s trying new things and figuring out who she is after many years of, in my opinion, a very weird life. Oh, and I forgot about being closeted. She hasn’t been able to be herself for most of her life. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.  I had never heard of her or this paradox.  It made me think much more than any of the wisdumb we get from Mariah and Janelle.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Young people have done this since time began. They are discovering the world and they haven’t quite realized that others have discovered it already. It’s not unusual for teens and young adults to think their parents, for example, are clueless and they can cruel about it, or they can be “kind” and “helpful” about it (which can read as condescending).

Oh how I totally disagree.  Mariah and those of her generation like her are more than the "typical young adult".  My generation thought our parents were outdated and "farty" but we didn't deep down detest them and have no respect for them.  We were taught to respect our elders and even though we thought we could do some things better we deep down deferred to what we believed was their wisdom based on their age and experience.  That is what society taught us, plus they would never let us forget that we didn't invent the world and that we had to learn that some things were not as we thought they were.  No one is telling the Mariah's of the world that - The present generation of parents in my opinion, and ESPECIALLY Meri are acting like wimps that deserve their children's lack of respect, which only makes their children hate and disrespect them even more, and act even more like "experts" that everyone should look up to, when they don't know anything about anything.

13 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I don’t think Mariah is holding herself as a paragon. Shes trying to get heathier and maybe she’s flailing but so what. She’s trying new things and figuring out who she is after many years of, in my opinion, a very weird life. Oh, and I forgot about being closeted. She hasn’t been able to be herself for most of her life. 

Mariah, like so many Instagram people are trying to get validation and attention to confirm for her that she's all that she wants to think she is.  She has a grandiose and over-confident persona because deep down she fears she's really not that great.  So she posts all these self-promoting and self-indulgent posts to "confirm" to herself and the world that she really is so fabulous, you know.

Being closeted?  What, for about 15 minutes?  How old is she?  She has had it good compared to the 1000's of years of people that had to live entire lives closeted or risk real persecution and even death.  I think she has had it relatively easy for a gay person given how accepted it is in America today.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Mariah, like so many Instagram people are trying to get validation and attention to confirm for her that she's all that she wants to think she is.  She has a grandiose and over-confident persona because deep down she fears she's really not that great.  So she posts all these self-promoting and self-indulgent posts to "confirm" to herself and the world that she really is so fabulous, you know.

Your first paragraph was 100% spot-on . . . but I have to disagree with the bolded part above.  I think she really believes she's the greatest thing to happen in the universe.  Ever. 

She should move in with Jeremy and Audrey from Little People, Big World.  They're all cut from the same cloth.  They all make it sound like it's amazing that the rest of us were able to exist for years before they were born to enlighten us poor, ignorant bumpkins.

Edited by AZChristian
Typo
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Your first paragraph was 100% spot-on . . . but I have do disagree with the bolded part above.  I think she really believes she's the greatest thing to happen in the universe.  Ever. 

She should move in with Jeremy and Audrey from Little People, Big World.  They're all cut from the same cloth.  They all make it sound like it's amazing that the rest of us were able to exist for years before they were born to enlighten us poor, ignorant bumpkins.

I agree with you that consciously she really believes her own hype, but it's what's going on subconsciously that I'm talking about.  She may never realize that she's reacting out of fear of her own lack of greatness because that fear is unexperienced by her in her conscious mind.  If she really were that confident she wouldn't have to broadcast her "greatness" to the world with all those "Look at me and how great I am" posts.  She is not even aware of her own motivations.  And there are a lot of people around like her today.  It also goes along with bashing her parents' generation - Deep down they fear they are not as wise or as deserving of praise as their parents, so they have to invent an online "great" persona to "prove" it to the world plus find all sorts of reasons to bash their parents and their entire generation.  That's why we have people literally risking their lives to look like they and their lives are so "fabulous".  They have to make the world believe it so they can continue to believe it themselves.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Standing "O" for this post, Yeah No.  My parents, born in 1910 and 1911 were part of The Greatest Generation.  Survived the Depression and my father served overseas for 5 years, without leave home during the entire time.  He could have been exempt from service, as he had my brother and myself born by then, me in 1937 and brother in 1939 and was close to 30 years old when he enlisted, with my mother's full support.  He returned home with what was known at the time as "shell shock", now referred to as PTSD, nonetheless, found immediate employment and worked every day of his life until mandatory retirement, then spent the rest of his days in community service.  

My family made enormous sacrifices for the freedoms that Mariah and her ilk take so casually for granted.

Standing "O" for you too.  I'm in a hurry right now, but I had to respond!  My father is a WWII veteran (still alive in his 90s) and didn't even wait to be drafted, he volunteered as soon as he turned 18.  I am in complete agreement with you that Mariah, etc. take for granted the freedoms that our parents fought to maintain, and our ancestors fought to establish in this country.  Instead they are believing the garbage that people are pushing them to tear down the legacy of even the greatest heroes of the past.  It's very sad.  They say that America is the worst country in the world until you actually go and experience what it's like to live in other countries.  She needs to learn to see the glass as half full.  Mariah et. al. continue to live in a little bubble where they believe in a lot of fiction that's being pushed on them.  She would not be able to exist in many other cultures let alone have freedom of speech and she needs to learn to appreciate that and the people before her that fought to give her that freedom, especially the Baby Boom generation, which was in the forefront on gay rights.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Standing "O" for you too.  I'm in a hurry right now, but I had to respond!  My father is a WWII veteran (still alive in his 90s) and didn't even wait to be drafted, he volunteered as soon as he turned 18. 

Same here!  My dad is 93 and he walked into the navy recruiting office the day he turned 18.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Standing "O" for this post, Yeah No.  My parents, born in 1910 and 1911 were part of The Greatest Generation.  Survived the Depression and my father served overseas for 5 years, without leave home during the entire time.  He could have been exempt from service, as he had my brother and myself born by then, me in 1937 and brother in 1939 and was close to 30 years old when he enlisted, with my mother's full support.  He returned home with what was known at the time as "shell shock", now referred to as PTSD, nonetheless, found immediate employment and worked every day of his life until mandatory retirement, then spent the rest of his days in community service.  

My family made enormous sacrifices for the freedoms that Mariah and her ilk take so casually for granted.

Well, I’m 65 and my dad was born in 1915 and I loved and admired him but never thought he was God. And I certainly had my emotional growing pains, thinking I knew better than my parents as I figured life out a bit. 

And I knew plenty of that “greatest” generation who were anything but. Age or when you were born is an easy but silly way to generalize  

Where do we get that Marian despises her parents? She was angry with her mom for a perceived infidelity. That’s not weird. Haven’t seen negativity toward the others  

I also maintain that plenty in My Generation would have taken to social media had it existed then. We do it now, as adults, after all.

Regarding  Mariah’s being closeted, she was raised in a family that believed being gay jeopardizes your eternal soul. It couldn’t have been easy, and it has nothing to do with how much pain and suffering others have undergone. Also, I have never seen her use it as any kind of excuse. I was just musing on how it might have affected her. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.  I had never heard of her or this paradox.  It made me think much more than any of the wisdumb we get from Mariah and Janelle.

This is exactly why people are taking stupid advice from Janelle.  They are looking for the "One Coin" or "Magic Bullet" that will change their life.  Janelle (and to some extent Mariah) buy into this mentality and sell it to their followers.  Drink Matcha!  Drink Sludge Filled Coffee!  Eat Flax Seed!  Eat This Vegetable!  THIS is a ROCKSTAR!!!!!  If you only do this one thing you too can be thin!  Janelle thinks that she can simply purchase this item at the grocery store (hence the endless quest to find the perfect product.)  Mariah thinks she can find the one magic workout that, done consistently, will simply cancel out the 2,000 calorie breakfast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle Jr..

8C1BFFFF-C402-4FB2-8A0A-0F2B75F64A37.jpeg

mariahbrwn

A few weeks ago I asked you all what parts of wellness you found inaccessible - and there were a lot, I think because wellness is trendy right now and a lot of what is trendy is inaccessible. Part of what I want to do with this platform is make health & wellness make sense which brought me to this - #TuesdayTips where each week I’ll share a different tip that I’ve found helpful in my process with wellness. 
This week I wanted to share something I wish I knew a few years ago: it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Working out one or two days a week is just fine, if that’s all you have time for. Adding a few new veggies to your diet is just fine if that’s what you can do right now. You don’t need to clear out all of the “unhealthy” things in your pantry and go on a strict workout regimen. I’m all about those small things that can start to become big things

I haven't read any comments after this post yet, but I have to say that she is not wrong here. A lot of people, including myself, get overwhelmed by the idea of going on a strict diet or rigorous exercise program, and just give up because it's too daunting a task. But if you take small steps and incorporate them into your everyday routine, they can make a big difference. An all-or-nothing mindset is very self-defeating. Don't look at it as "OMG I have to lose 30 pounds", look at it as "I'm going to try to lose five pounds and take it from there." Don't think "I have to work out for an hour every other day." Instead, try going for a 10 minute walk - once you get out there, you will most likely keep going.

And hey, at least Mariah doesn't charge us for her wisdom! 😛

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I ran into my share of Mariah types in grad school; snowflaky, entitled, condescending, and unbelievably naive of how the real world operates. However, many grew up and out of it as grad school went on, due to that same real world sinking in on them, and thus they turned into nice young adults.

My concern for Mariah is that she seems to lack a basic empathy for others. Although I'm not a psychologist, nor do I play one on T.V., I do believe that Kody is on some level of a narcissistic personality, and I wonder if it was passed down to Mariah.  Is narcissism an inherited condition?

In closing, I tend to believe that Mariah (along with Janelle) suffers from depression. Understandable, considering who her parents are.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I ran into my share of Mariah types in grad school; snowflaky, entitled, condescending, and unbelievably naive of how the real world operates. However, many grew up and out of it as grad school went on, due to that same real world sinking in on them, and thus they turned into nice young adults  

I met plenty of these types growing up in the Sixties and Seventies, too. Self-righteous hippie granola kids, anyone? Lots were truly insufferable to me, even though I was basically on the same wavelength about a lot of stuff. Young people today just have different tools to spread their annoying behavior 😂

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I met plenty of these types growing up in the Sixties and Seventies, too. Self-righteous hippie granola kids, anyone? Lots were truly insufferable to me, even though I was basically on the same wavelength about a lot of stuff. Young people today just have different tools to spread their annoying behavior 😂

Oh yeah, it's nothing new--every generation has had these types. Part of being young--although some never mature and outgrow it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

God knows I was a clueless idiot at her age and I like to think I’ve improved. 

At her age I had already been working full time for 3 years.  I was saving for a house, not blowing money on $20 brunches and my exercise was done on the job.  I took advice from my elders because they'd live through the Depression and WWII and had a lot of practical things to offer.  Including saving something from every single paycheck which now allows me to live well in retirement.  Not the Brown version of living well, of course - no McMansion.  But I  have a nice house and few expenses.  And trees. I have trees.

Color me intolerant but PudgeSludge would not have made it back in my day at their current age.  None of their nonsense would have been tolerated or appreciated.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Your first paragraph was 100% spot-on . . . but I have to disagree with the bolded part above.  I think she really believes she's the greatest thing to happen in the universe.  Ever. 

Oh, my gods, those insufferable twits! We’ve been married 2.5 seconds, let’s start a blog/business/movement giving sage advice about...oh, I got it: MARRIAGE!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

At her age I had already been working full time for 3 years.  I was saving for a house, not blowing money on $20 brunches and my exercise was done on the job.  I took advice from my elders because they'd live through the Depression and WWII and had a lot of practical things to offer.  Including saving something from every single paycheck which now allows me to live well in retirement.  Not the Brown version of living well, of course - no McMansion.  But I  have a nice house and few expenses.  And trees. I have trees.

Color me intolerant but PudgeSludge would not have made it back in my day at their current age.  None of their nonsense would have been tolerated or appreciated.

That’s great and I say that most sincerely.  I’m also a comfortable retiree. But not everyone had that wisdom, insight, or good role models, even back in our day. That’s basically my point about Mariah. 

• Love 10
On 3/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, Kyanight said:

Same here!  My dad is 93 and he walked into the navy recruiting office the day he turned 18.

My dad enlisted in the navy Dec. 7, 1944; the first anniversary of Pearl Harbor.  He was 18.  We were looking at pictures of his ships and reading letters he had sent to his parents just this week, and although he is 98% nonverbal now, he still shows great pride of his time in service both in the Pacific in WWII and Korea.  I asked him once where he was on VJ Day, and he said he was in the Philippians and his ship was loaded with underwear.  They had to change their destination and ended up taking the cargo to Japan.  I thought that was pretty funny.

Edited by CalicoKitty
because I really do know the difference between Pearl Harbor and DDay.
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I too had Depression Era & WWII parents.  My dad made a good living, but mom always had a rag bag.  I didn't grow up poor, but they both did, and thus even at a young age I didn't take my upbringing for granted.  

I have trees, too!  Mr. Xword and I were able to retire earlier than many in our age group, because we lived under our means.  Our house is old, but it was paid for in full before we retired.  Same with our vehicles.

Pudge is definitely an entitled brat, due to her narcissistic parentage.  She thinks she is all that, just like Ma & Pa do.  I have a very low tolerance for entitled peoples' bullshit.  Snarking here is good for my soul.   Kohola, you are not intolerant in my book.  

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I agree with you, and that's why I don't compare them to hippies or "granola types" or typical rebellious youths.  They're a new breed of SJW with a lot of arrogance and not much to justify it.  I often tell my friends that at least the ones 50 Years ago had a real reason to be upset and they didn't just sit on their rear ends complaining but doing nothing.  Pudge and Sludge want everything to come to them with only a show of effort.  Their so-called progressivism is a sham.  It's really all about them as their self-serving behavior only confirms.  Of course there were some phonies back in the day but this new crop is a real phenomenon.  It's not just a phase for most of them that they grow out of, either.  Most hippies grew out of their rebellious phase in their 20s.  Today more are already staying this way into their 30s and will probably continue to do so.  They never face the real world so they never learn to see anything differently.  They find a way to stay in their little ideological cocoon, with people that only confirm their immature biases and axes to grind.  They make every excuse as to why they have to continue to live at home or be supported by parents in some way.  They cite all the articles that confirm how bad they all have it, and there are many out there that will give them plenty to justify not trying that hard because there's no opportunity out there, or so they want to believe because they don't want to grow up.  At least the kids in my generation wanted to grow up so they eventually changed their outlook as they learned about the real world.  They became a lot less angry and more tolerant.  There was a relatively very small group that stayed rebellious way into adulthood.  And of course not all young people today are like this new group, but it is a real thing, not equal to any similar phenomenon from past eras.  It makes anything from past eras look quaint and forgivable.  By and large in the old days there were a lot less entitled, self-aggrandizing professional victims and narcissists.  Of course they existed, but now they exist in record numbers.

And the new ideology of victimhood is something easy for Mariah to latch onto being from a group that has faced real discrimination.  I can understand that only to a degree.  I would not be surprised if she internalized her parents' "bleed the beast" mentality and is using that to serve her own narrative of being disadvantaged and persecuted, and therefore entitled.  It's in my opinion just not a healthy attitude and fosters deep resentments and prejudices that are undeserved in many cases.  At some point people have to take responsibility for their own lives and not have built in groups to blame to justify their failures.  If this were even 25 years ago I'd be more forgiving but today people in this country are far more progressive and accepting of different lifestyles than they ever have been, so at times I wonder just who they are blaming.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 7

I enjoy reading here. I'm never disappointed when I visit this site, no matter the topic. In comparison, I could give up Facebook without a backward glance. (Not quite yet tho, LOL). There are so many really great posts on this page that I saved it for reference. I do that sometimes. My label for this one? Mariah Brown v the Greatest Generation. 😉 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Where do we get that Marian despises her parents? She was angry with her mom for a perceived infidelity. That’s not weird. Haven’t seen negativity toward the others  

Now that you bring that up, I have not been buying that Mariah's self righteous, unkind attitude toward her mother is solely because of a perceived infidelity.  First of all, who is Mariah to cop that attitude with her own mother, even over something like that?  Is she so immature/devoid of compassion/empathy that she would not at least try to understand and forgive her?  My own mother went through a difficult phase during menopause when I was in my late adolescence (she had me in her 30s), and even though I didn't agree with some things she did I forgave her because I loved her.  Mariah acts like her mother should be perfect.  Why does that sound so familiar?  My nephews and many of my friends' kids in their 20s and 30s act the same way about their parents.  They are so immature they can't get past the fact that mommy and daddy are imperfect and not able to be everything to them at all times.  Of course it's arguable that the parents brought this upon themselves, but I do think they are getting their lack of respect for their parents from their peer group and perhaps society in general, which raised them to question every authority and demand the best because after all, they are the best don't you know?  How dare their parents fail them in any way?  So I think a lot of Mariah's OTT meanness toward her mother comes from that.  And this is from someone that decidedly does not love Meri nor loves to find reasons to defend her either!  At least Mariah's mother loves her and seems to want to make amends, but Mariah digs her heels in.  What does that say?  I know people who have real reasons to distance themselves from their mothers and even THEY don't act mean to them like she does.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Now that you bring that up, I have not been buying that Mariah's self righteous, unkind attitude toward her mother is solely because of a perceived infidelity.  First of all, who is Mariah to cop that attitude with her own mother, even over something like that?  Is she so immature/devoid of compassion/empathy that she would not at least try to understand and forgive her?  My own mother went through a difficult phase during menopause when I was in my late adolescence (she had me in her 30s), and even though I didn't agree with some things she did I forgave her because I loved her.  Mariah acts like her mother should be perfect.  Why does that sound so familiar?  My nephews and many of my friends' kids in their 20s and 30s act the same way about their parents.  They are so immature they can't get past the fact that mommy and daddy are imperfect and not able to be everything to them at all times.  Of course it's arguable that the parents brought this upon themselves, but I do think they are getting their lack of respect for their parents from their peer group and perhaps society in general, which raised them to question every authority and demand the best because after all, they are the best don't you know?  How dare their parents fail them in any way?  So I think a lot of Mariah's OTT meanness toward her mother comes from that.  And this is from someone that decidedly does not love Meri nor loves to find reasons to defend her either!  At least Mariah's mother loves her and seems to want to make amends, but Mariah digs her heels in.  What does that say?  I know people who have real reasons to distance themselves from their mothers and even THEY don't act mean to them like she does.

I think what really bugs Mariah and a lot of people is Meri's inability to ever admit that it was her own fault.

It's her hypocrisy, she was always looking down her nose at others who didn't dress or act as modest as she does... Then we find out she's online cyber sexing some guy and performing felatio on bananas, meanwhile Mariah was living with her at the time and warning her but Meri never listens to anyone or takes responsibility for her actions after the fact.

The whole thing of having Christy or whatever her name was come to visit was to once again pound into everyone's head that Meri is a victim and it could happen to anyone.

Problem with that argument is...it doesn't happen to everyone.. 

Meri is a fake, she loves to judge others but hates being judged herself.

I think Mariah hated that whole Christy fiasco because once again it was Meri trying to divert attention from the fact that she screwed up and continues to resist just owning up to it.

People respect people who OWN THEIR SHIT. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
21 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Tired of your hair looking lifeless and dull? Don’t know how to tame those fussy split ends? For only $19.99/month sign up for “Haircare by Kody”.  His hair looks like shit so yours doesn’t have to.  Sign up NOW!   The first 100 callers will receive ABSOLUTELY FREE a slightly used pair of lawsuit leggings and a My Sister Wives Closet pendant that doubles not only as the ugliest piece of joolery you own, but also as a subway token slug that can be used when the mortgage is due and you need to skip town quick. Call 1-800-CATFISH. Operators are standing by now. 

*The preceding is not approved by any member of the Brown family nor the person that wrote it. 

P.S. Dont call 1-800-CATFISH, I have no idea what the number leads to but you could end up with a truckload of bananas and the need to talk about it continuously despite never wanting to hear about it again.

Is the special with the free Brown Family Colada ring still going on?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Is the special with the free Brown Family Colada ring still going on?

The free Brown family Claddagh ring is available only for a limited time to those willing to join now.  The only requirements are that you have your own means of support, are willing to accept 20% of an ever-diminishing man, be a fertile Myrtle and be willing to humiliate and subject yourself to ridicule to assist the Brown family in acquiring another season of abundance.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The free Brown family Claddagh ring is available only for a limited time to those willing to join now.  The only requirements are that you have your own means of support, are willing to accept 20% of an ever-diminishing man, be a fertile Myrtle and be willing to humiliate and subject yourself to ridicule to assist the Brown family in acquiring another season of abundance.

Don't forget - you must understand that Robyn grips Kody's ball hairs TIGHTLY through her knuckles, so your wishes/desires/needs will never be fulfilled unless it is also what Robyn wants/she doesn't care.  Expect a lot of jealousy from this wife as she has never had competition.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you about Mariah being excessively mean to her mother. I mean, this happened in 2015–does Mariah intend to hold this over Meri’s head forever? How do we know that in private Meri has not apologized to Mariah? Does Mariah expect her mother to make a public apology on camera? Not gonna happen. Ever.

Also, I don’t think Kody would allow or like that. It may be obvious (to him and the viewers) what really happened, but I don’t think Kody wants it to come out of Meri’s mouth, clear as day, on camera. One thing to know it in your head, another to have it proclaimed out loud. 

We, as viewers can snark and call Meri out on the real reasons for the catfishing—but I do think Mariah can cut her mom a little slack. This is the woman who is going to help her move while her father says “she can move herself.” Ymmv

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Don't forget that Mariah warned her mother that the "man" she was talking to might not be real when this whole thing began. Mariah was there when Meri was texting, disappearing to talk to "Sam", eventually becoming enamored enough to consider leaving the family. And it wasn't "perceived" affair, those banana pictures and voicemails happened. They may not have had physical contact ('cause, well, he was a she), but Meri Loved "Sam" and all this happened after Mariah warned her.

I also don't think Meri has ever told Mariah, "I'm sorry, you were right". Instead Meri managed a lame, "I am a victim" excuse. NO, she fucking wasn't. For this, I don't blame Mariah for holding a grudge but I also applaud her for not wanting to talk about it--unless she is going to receive a sincere apology from her mother. I don't think Meri is ever going to admit her part and Mariah wants to move on without hearing about it anymore. 

Edited by TurtlePower
grammar
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I need to make sure it's not just a Claddagh ring, but a Colada ring, just as Robyn Brown says.  It'll bring tears to you too!  Guaranteed or your money back.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't think Meri is ever going to admit her part and Mariah wants to move on without hearing about it anymore. 

I do think that Meri's constant recycling of that mess is absurd and I wouldn't want to hear it either.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I do think that Meri's constant recycling of that mess is absurd and I wouldn't want to hear it either.

I agree with this as far as the show and us viewers—sick of hearing about it, too. I do think it was used as a storyline for this season and pushed by the show runners. Don’t use it for the show and not tell the truth, imo.

But, Mariah is her daughter. In private, I’m sure Meri has apologized to her—maybe just not in the way Mariah deems good enough. Mariah knows the situation and her mother better than anyone. She knows how lonely her mother was and has GOT to know that Kody had checked out of the relationship to dote on Robyn and then Solomon. So a little sympathy from the SJW, intersectional feminist would seem to be appropriate.

I’m not saying viewers have to buy Meri’s story or give her any sympathy— but her daughter is another thing. Mariah can refuse to participate in the show segments dealing with the catfish, but she shouldn’t be so bitchy publicly, imo. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree with this as far as the show and us viewers—sick of hearing about it, too. I do think it was used as a storyline for this season and pushed by the show runners. Don’t use it for the show and not tell the truth, imo.

But, Mariah is her daughter. In private, I’m sure Meri has apologized to her—maybe just not in the way Mariah deems good enough. Mariah knows the situation and her mother better than anyone. She knows how lonely her mother was and has GOT to know that Kody had checked out of the relationship to dote on Robyn and then Solomon. So a little sympathy from the SJW, intersectional feminist would seem to be appropriate.

I’m not saying viewers have to buy Meri’s story or give her any sympathy— but her daughter is another thing. Mariah can refuse to participate in the show segments dealing with the catfish, but she shouldn’t be so bitchy publicly, imo. 

Mariah's hostility to Meri was never more evident than when she made her sexual orientation disclosure.  I feel Kody was taken into her confidence beforehand, even though he put on a surprised face, he was ready with carefully crafted statements of support.  For some strange reason, I think Annie, Christine's mother had prior knowledge also, she sat on the stairway with a strange, knowing grin on her face. 

Meri was completely gob-smacked and IMO, it was unbelievable to expose the lack of mother/daughter bond simultaneously not just to the family, but to the viewing public.  Mariah learned this ability to be cruel from someone, most likely Meri herself.

• Love 16
On 3/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

For the life of me, I cannot believe she in a program for social work and social justice. How can you want to change the world and then post a picture of yourself making a yoga pose on the street for international women’s day? 

My husband went to college when he was in his late 20s. At the time I wanted to go back to school to get a masters in social work, so I was taking a class as a pre-req, working full time for the local food bank, and working part time with children with severe/profound mental retardation. We didn’t know any better and took out the full amount in student loans for him. Twelve years later we are still paying on them. And after having experience in the field combined with no money, I did not pursue that social work degree. I think kids today are smarter about student loans and not accruing debt in general. I don’t know what in the world Mariah is thinking going to *Loyola* for a degree in *social work* ostensibly living and supporting her fiancée on student loans. What job does she think she is going to get that is going to allow her to pay that back? Seriously, what job is she going to get that is going to justify going to a private school out of state in Chicago? It’s not like she has worked in the field and needs to get a masters for a promotion. 

After working in nonprofit management for 10 years, I ultimately decided I am not constitutionally cut out for hands on work serving others. I am too emotional, anxious, empathetic, sympathetic, highly sensitive, you name it. I can’t deal with horrible things all day and come home and be pleasant to be around.

Mariah spends an inordinate amount of time on self-care, and she’s not even in the field yet. 

Her self care seems to be about what she can put in her belly.  She is her other mothers daughter (janelle).  She is also slovenly a lot of the time like janelle. I am around grad students a lot. I can say at least here they shower. 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I guess shaving your armpits isn't trendy enough for Pudge  🙄

Shaving is for the little people. She’s growing it out long enough to wax or thread. Ha!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I need to make sure it's not just a Claddagh ring, but a Colada ring, just as Robyn Brown says.  It'll bring tears to you too!  Guaranteed or your money back.

As an additional added offer we can offer eye boogers and cold sores.  Call now!!

• LOL 5
44 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Shaving is for the little people. She’s growing it out long enough to wax or thread. Ha!  

Now now... don't be so rude!!  I heard from a reliable source... (cough) that she is growing out her armpit hairs to donate to Kody.  I'm not sure if they are going to transplant it on top of his shiny head (DNA similar and all that!) or if they are going to make a wig or what.  In fact I heard from the same source that Tony is already testing out one of Mariah's arm pit hair wigs and he even wore it when they went to check out the plots of land in Flagstaff!   Looking good, Tony!  You'd never know it was real arm pit hair...!

image.png.0573ad37650a2706ab5516b880210c48.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
13 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Now now... don't be so rude!!  I heard from a reliable source... (cough) that she is growing out her armpit hairs to donate to Kody.  I'm not sure if they are going to transplant it on top of his shiny head (DNA similar and all that!) or if they are going to make a wig or what.  In fact I heard from the same source that Tony is already testing out one of Mariah's arm pit hair wigs and he even wore it when they went to check out the plots of land in Flagstaff!   Looking good, Tony!  You'd never know it was real arm pit hair...!

image.png.0573ad37650a2706ab5516b880210c48.png

If it wasn’t for the chin hair I’d swear that Tony was a woman. He looks like his breast are in a perky tee shirt bra. 

Just now, Mindthinkr said:

If it wasn’t for the chin hair I’d swear that Tony was a woman. He looks like his breasts are in a perky tee shirt bra. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Sorry for the double post. I guess my edit feature isn’t working right.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1