Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She most certainly ate back her workout.

To each their own—I couldn’t imagine following up a workout with a meal like that (more like tofu and green beans instead). 

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

And they wonder why they are still chubby.  Part of self care SHOULD include putting actual food in your body that nourishes it.  If she actually worked out as much as she appears to and ate actual healthful food she would be closer to Michelle (Logan's gf) in size than Janelle.  

This certainly explains why they aren't svelte. But I'm going to be honest - I'm choosing this breakfast over tofu and green beans all day! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

$11.50 each for waffles and french toast, plus $3. for each topping.  I'm thinking the $40. that they blew on brunch would have fed for a few days one of the underprivileged womxn that this SJW champions. 

IKR....but....She's a delicate snowflake and needs a certain type of nurturing... The type that costs $40+

🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Some protein in the eggs used to make the french toast and waffles.  If that is real dairy whipped cream, maybe trace amount of protein there.  Protein content negated by the carb overload.  I can't imagine what is in that murky brown beverage, I see what appears to be a black coffee, but any guess what the other beverage is? 

I remember my brother and I trying that on my parents when I was a kid. Along with pizza because cheese is dairy and their are vegetables on it, or burgers there's lettuce, tomatoes from the ketchup, dairy from the cheese and mayo and the bun comes from wheat. It didn't works.

Edited by andromeda331
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

And they wonder why they are still chubby.  Part of self care SHOULD include putting actual food in your body that nourishes it.  If she actually worked out as much as she appears to and ate actual healthful food she would be closer to Michelle (Logan's gf) in size than Janelle.  

10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

This certainly explains why they aren't svelte. But I'm going to be honest - I'm choosing this breakfast over tofu and green beans all day! 

* A LOT of people think that because they've worked out, they can eat like that. Then they wonder why they're not seeing results. Newsflash--you don't burn as many calories as that machine/app is telling you. 

* Lol. I didn't grow up eating sugar so Mariah's breakfast looks terrible to me (something I'm eternally grateful for). 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s part of the menu:

27C9B553-BCE7-46A7-8348-0730F0DC1D89.jpeg

Wow.  While I was in grad school there would be no way I could've paid out this kind of moolah for pancakes.  Neither could most of my classmates. Now, I did get a Starbucks on occasion, but that was a treat from my wonderful DH. He knows how I  love chocolate raspberry mocha lattes. He's such a sweetie.😍

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I seriously doubt that she qualified for any  financial aid with the TLC money that they make, so everything is on Cody's tab I would imagine?

Perhaps, I don't know.  Mariah's got to be at least 22, would the government still consider Cody's money in her financial aid package at this point?  

I can't see Cody picking up Mariah's tab for grad school, not with Robyn breathing down his back about his old age, their retirement, and her band of young'uns needing stuff like braces, not to mention Isabel's potential surgery.  I honestly don't understand how they manage financially, for none of it adds up to me.  🙄

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
grammar, quote correction
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I seriously doubt that she qualified for any  financial aid with the TLC money that they make, so everything is on Cody's tab I would imagine?

The TLC earnings are paid into a fund called something like "Brown Family Enterprises" administered by Kody and Janelle.  Although they all appear dense, they are pretty slick about finding ways to Bleed the Beast.  If there is a way to financial aid, they will find it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

There is no need based government financial aid for grad school.  You can however get merit based aid from the university and student loans to cover the full cost of tuition and living expenses.  The degree Mariah is getting is 75 credits at a cost ranging from $788 to $1007 per credit, meaning it will add up to around $70,000!! And that doesn't count the living expenses they have for 2.5 years either.  Typically merit aid is given in the form of teaching assistant jobs and we've seen no indication that Mariah does anything of that sort.

I'm sure the Brown Family LLC slips them money somehow, to pay them back for their engagement announcement or their women's rally footage.  Maybe that is enough to cover the $70,000 tuition?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Typically merit aid is given in the form of teaching assistant jobs and we've seen no indication that Mariah does anything of that sort.

Other than one artfully posed picture of Pudge and a book, we've seen no indication that she's actually going to school. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Other than one artfully posed picture of Pudge and a book, we've seen no indication that she's actually going to school. 

She must have to pass by the expensive bistros enroute to school and simply can't resist the siren song of double lattes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

* A LOT of people think that because they've worked out, they can eat like that. Then they wonder why they're not seeing results. Newsflash--you don't burn as many calories as that machine/app is telling you. 

* Lol. I didn't grow up eating sugar so Mariah's breakfast looks terrible to me (something I'm eternally grateful for). 

Very true about the exercise. It's much easier to pack the calories in (and the pounds on) than to burn them off!

I used to have a terrible sweet tooth,  but that has waned over the last 10 years or so, and I find myself reaching for savory more than sweet now. I still enjoy the occasional cupcake or chocolate bar, of course, but I'm more likely to go for some cheese and crackers or tortilla chips and salsa when I want a snack.

• Love 5

I've been trying different chip brands recently, such as Off the Beaten Path lentils and rice chips,  and the  Beanitos brand.  Have to watch the salt intake on these, and some of the Beanitos can be quite dense, but it does satisfy the chip craving.  I've also began trying popcorn like Smartfood.  Still got the fat and salt, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I've been trying different chip brands recently, such as Off the Beaten Path lentils and rice chips,  and the  Beanitos brand.  Have to watch the salt intake on these, and some of the Beanitos can be quite dense, but it does satisfy the chip craving.  I've also began trying popcorn like Smartfood.  Still got the fat and salt, though.

I recently discovered those Off the Beaten Path Chips and love them! I’m not the healthiest eater sometimes but I love those chips with hummus. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I recently discovered those Off the Beaten Path Chips and love them! I’m not the healthiest eater sometimes but I love those chips with hummus. 

Yeah, they're good.  In the past year I switched from sour cream-based and cheesy dips to hummus and I've got to say, I don't miss them at all. I've also tried the hummus and cauliflower dips, and liked those, too.  I'm a huge fan of cauliflower, though.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Very true about the exercise. It's much easier to pack the calories in (and the pounds on) than to burn them off!

I used to have a terrible sweet tooth,  but that has waned over the last 10 years or so, and I find myself reaching for savory more than sweet now. I still enjoy the occasional cupcake or chocolate bar, of course, but I'm more likely to go for some cheese and crackers or tortilla chips and salsa when I want a snack.

This concept is something that people don't seem--or want--to understand. "But, but I'm exercising!" I've seen people new to running gain weight (and it wasn't muscle, either) because they think they can eat a lot more when in reality, if they were at a normal weight already, they only need add what they've burned off. 

I've seen a lot of people like Mariah have a strong workout and then go eat like that. To each their own, apparently weight loss or changing her body is not her goal at this time. Honestly I don't know how she can afford that kind of food or lifestyle, especially in Chicago. I mean, soul cycle or whatever then brunch? When I was in school is was running and a bean soup afterwards. Must be nice, Mariah. 

• Love 10

So, I've been around here checking out the comments on Mariah.  Can someone tell me what drew her to Chicago?  Was it the school or something else? Just curious if she likes that kind of weather. 

47 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I've been around here checking out the comments on Mariah.  Can someone tell me what drew her to Chicago?  Was it the school or something else? Just curious if she likes that kind of weather. 

Since she is never compelled to even wash her comb her hair, wind doesn't bother her a bit.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

3BA134CB-4239-4FBD-A245-B3AFCB01DF94.jpeg

mariahbrwn

Morning matcha for a full day of learning! I have two midterms due today + I’m convinced this matcha is going to help me get through it. How are you getting through this beautiful Monday?

• LOL 3

I'm getting through this beautiful Monday by tossing all the chipped crockery in my cupboards.  Maybe if you invested in some decent cups Mariah, you would have less to spend on matchas, but at least you would have clean cups.

• LOL 9
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This concept is something that people don't seem--or want--to understand. "But, but I'm exercising!" I've seen people new to running gain weight (and it wasn't muscle, either) because they think they can eat a lot more when in reality, if they were at a normal weight already, they only need add what they've burned off. 

I've seen a lot of people like Mariah have a strong workout and then go eat like that. To each their own, apparently weight loss or changing her body is not her goal at this time. Honestly I don't know how she can afford that kind of food or lifestyle, especially in Chicago. I mean, soul cycle or whatever then brunch? When I was in school is was running and a bean soup afterwards. Must be nice, Mariah. 

Agree.  Starving student was what one of my friends called herself.  She would get about $50 a month from her parents to eat every month.  She ate a lot of ramen, elbow macaroni, cheap pasta sauce, Vienna sausages, peanut butter and jelly with the cheapest brand possible, oatmeal, rice and beans.  She would shop at dollar tree and Aldi, to try and find the cheapest prices.  

• Love 9

For the life of me, I cannot believe she in a program for social work and social justice. How can you want to change the world and then post a picture of yourself making a yoga pose on the street for international women’s day? 

My husband went to college when he was in his late 20s. At the time I wanted to go back to school to get a masters in social work, so I was taking a class as a pre-req, working full time for the local food bank, and working part time with children with severe/profound mental retardation. We didn’t know any better and took out the full amount in student loans for him. Twelve years later we are still paying on them. And after having experience in the field combined with no money, I did not pursue that social work degree. I think kids today are smarter about student loans and not accruing debt in general. I don’t know what in the world Mariah is thinking going to *Loyola* for a degree in *social work* ostensibly living and supporting her fiancée on student loans. What job does she think she is going to get that is going to allow her to pay that back? Seriously, what job is she going to get that is going to justify going to a private school out of state in Chicago? It’s not like she has worked in the field and needs to get a masters for a promotion. 

After working in nonprofit management for 10 years, I ultimately decided I am not constitutionally cut out for hands on work serving others. I am too emotional, anxious, empathetic, sympathetic, highly sensitive, you name it. I can’t deal with horrible things all day and come home and be pleasant to be around.

Mariah spends an inordinate amount of time on self-care, and she’s not even in the field yet. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Mariah spends an inordinate amount of time on self-care, and she’s not even in the field yet. 

There isn't a single one of the Brown Clowns that comes across to me as someone who would do well in that field.  None of them have ever come across as caring about anyone but themselves with the whole "living my why", "self care", and "filling safe" crap they are always harping on.  Never a word about anything in service of others, no charity work, no mentoring and that includes Janelle's fake coaching business.

At least a couple of the boys are leaning toward the military, bless them.  The girls all seem to be destined for early marriage, no education, and popping out babies. And, I fear, in the case of Aspyn, plural marriage.

• Love 13
On 3/9/2019 at 8:26 PM, Natalie68 said:

If they continue to eat like that they will only get closer in size to Janelle even with the workouts.  I never ate anywhere near as much or as unhealthy as that and still had to deal with middle aged weight gain.   But sadly, these people are as hypocritical about their eating habits as the rest of their lives.  In their minds they actually think they're eating "healthy" because the menu mentions buzz words like "flaxseeds", "buckwheat" and "whole grains".  Never mind that it's a sugar and carb. bomb.

4 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I don’t know what in the world Mariah is thinking going to *Loyola* for a degree in *social work* ostensibly living and supporting her fiancée on student loans. What job does she think she is going to get that is going to allow her to pay that back? Seriously, what job is she going to get that is going to justify going to a private school out of state in Chicago? It’s not like she has worked in the field and needs to get a masters for a promotion. 

She thinks she can do whatever she wants and find a way to freeload herself into the money to support her expensive lifestyle.  Mom will always give her a handout or she will find some other way to be supported.  This is not just unique to her but to an entire segment of the young population.  They don't worry about money because they know there's someone out there they can successfully hit up to support them.

4 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

After working in nonprofit management for 10 years, I ultimately decided I am not constitutionally cut out for hands on work serving others. I am too emotional, anxious, empathetic, sympathetic, highly sensitive, you name it. I can’t deal with horrible things all day and come home and be pleasant to be around.

You and I must have similar personalities.  I came to the same conclusion after a year as an educational counselor serving underprivileged kids.

4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

There isn't a single one of the Brown Clowns that comes across to me as someone who would do well in that field.  None of them have ever come across as caring about anyone but themselves with the whole "living my why", "self care", and "filling safe" crap they are always harping on.  Never a word about anything in service of others, no charity work, no mentoring and that includes Janelle's fake coaching business.

Considering the Brown's supposed religious bent, it's especially sad that they would not be all about charity work, but you're right, if they have done it, I've never heard about it.  Mariah is just engaging in virtue signaling with taking on a Social Work degree.  She's just doing it to look like a good person that isn't as concerned with her own comfort as with helping others, which we all know is not true at all because everything she does is self-serving to a high degree.  But what do we expect when we look at her parents?  The apple really isn't falling far from the tree.  At least they don't go as far to try to convince the world that they're really self-sacrificing do-gooders when they're not, though.  They see their sacrifice in terms of the family while Mariah thinks she is some kind of SJW out to help the world.  She is even worse than her parents because of the high level of hypocrisy.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9

Book work and reality, more times than not, conflict in the real world. That’s my profound statement of the day!

My grandfather had a description for some, “ What an educated idiot.”.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Book work and reality, more times than not, conflict in the real world. That’s my profound statement of the day!

My grandfather had a description for some, “ What an educated idiot.”.

Unfortunately, common sense is not necessarily learned through books, but books by themselves don't necessarily conflict with the real world.  It depends on the book!  The problem as I see it is that the colleges today are indoctrinating the kids with their own ideologies, not teaching both sides of any issue and giving kids the tools to be able to make their own informed decisions (aka teaching them how to think critically).  And those ideologies they're pushing may be very much in conflict with the real world.  When I was in grad. school I was not indoctrinated to have a warped view of reality, thanks to having gone to school before that became the thing.  My professors were pretty well grounded real-world types that taught me to have a healthy skepticism.  I think today there is more of that ivory tower thing going on, and profs. teach their sometimes half baked opinion like it's fact, when it's not.  And the kids are buying it, like Pudge and Sludge. 

There's this whole victim ideology thing being pushed in colleges now, and because Mariah and her girlfriend are encouraged to see themselves as victims for several reasons, which pits themselves against the rest of the world.  There's an entire generation being led to believe that they are the victims of the generation that produced them, and that we screwed things up for them to the point that they can't succeed and the world's going to end any minute.  So they tell themselves that and make it a self-fulfilling prophecy when in reality they are living in a time of more opportunity and more wealth than ever before.  My generation could have blamed our parents generation too. I came of age during a recession, double digit inflation and 14% interest rates, smog, threat of nuclear war any minute, and pollution up the wazoo, but did I blame my parents for this and cop a big fat attitude?  No!  We got up and tried to do something about it!  This bunch thinks we caused all the world's problems or at least it's our fault for not solving them!  Meanwhile, what are they doing?  Eating sugar bomb pancakes, taking selfies, sipping lattes and acting like they're above it all?  This is their answer to solving the world's problems?  By the time they're our age they will have some other excuse to blame us for why it was impossible for them to solve the world's problems!  Anything to absolve themselves from any responsibility and shift the blame on their parents.

• Love 13

Yes!  The Baby Boomers, which Mr. X and I belong to, were thought of as spoiled by many in the Greatest Generation, since post-WW2 kids were actually allowed to enjoy being teenagers, when our Depression Era parents worked from the time they were children.

SludgePudge have no idea of how they are really nothing special.  These entitlement brat types are something else.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

but books by themselves don't necessarily conflict with the real world.  It depends on the book! 

I think it depends on the field, also. When only depending on book learning about any field requiring direct care of individuals, books do not equal reality.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

Janelle Jr..

8C1BFFFF-C402-4FB2-8A0A-0F2B75F64A37.jpeg

mariahbrwn

A few weeks ago I asked you all what parts of wellness you found inaccessible - and there were a lot, I think because wellness is trendy right now and a lot of what is trendy is inaccessible. Part of what I want to do with this platform is make health & wellness make sense which brought me to this - #TuesdayTips where each week I’ll share a different tip that I’ve found helpful in my process with wellness. 
This week I wanted to share something I wish I knew a few years ago: it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Working out one or two days a week is just fine, if that’s all you have time for. Adding a few new veggies to your diet is just fine if that’s what you can do right now. You don’t need to clear out all of the “unhealthy” things in your pantry and go on a strict workout regimen. I’m all about those small things that can start to become big things

• LOL 9

I wonder if she and Janelle text each other websites.

Since when is wellness "trendy"?  I don't know about the snowflakes but I've always wanted to be healthy.  Not exactly a new concept.  And certainly not one that should require a coach. 

Idiots.

• Love 8

So I just don't get it, if I snap a picture of my dog taking a leak on a hydrant whilst I am posing and holding up my leg, because it won't do it on its own, is that me being trendy ?  I probably won't add the few veggies to my diet, because I am not really a fan, and damn you Mariah for even thinking that my Deluxe Grahams are unhealthy.  She really is just a downer... 🙂

• LOL 6

I would dare say that Christine, twice her age and after 6 kids is in better physical shape than Mariah.  Mariah has the audacity to purport herself to be a wellness coach and will be offering Tuesday Tips.  No thanks.

I guess it's not womxnly to shave your underarms now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I’m going to beat that drum again: she is at Loyola getting a masters in social work and social justice. 

“My focus is on health and wellness......” Mkay, starting to lose me. Social work and health & wellness can be related. It’s a bit of a stretch, but I can follow.

”......you say accessibility is an issue so find time to work out just one or two times and week and try new vegetables this week.” Annnnnnnd you lost me. She can’t see past the end of her nose. What if your neighborhood isn’t safe enough to go practice yoga in the streets? What if you have young children, or a child with a disability, or a parent with dementia, and you are living on a tight budget, how are you going to pay a babysitter and pay for a gym? Mariah, your privilege is showing.

As for, “just try adding new veggies” it’s not that easy. Some of us live on a tight budget and/or have limited time and resources to find new recipes. Upthread a poster said her friend spent $50/month on food. Her margin for error is $0. What if she buys an Apple, and the Apple is mealy? She’s not then going to be like, “well that was a fun experiment, now I am going to spend another dollar on something else to eat.” Nope, she has to eat the bad Apple or go hungry. (My iPhone autocorrect has strong feelings about how to spell Apple, evidently)

If Mariah is so into health and wellness, why not pursue a degree more specifically geared toward it, like nutrition or physical therapy? Or why not work and learn how to be a personal trainer on the side?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m all about those small things that can start to become big things

Errr, she looks like she's becoming the big thing. And I only say that because it seems incongruous with her constant wellness messages.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do yoga at the bus stop.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do yoga at the bus stop.

And then go hunt for a rare vegetable I have never had.   But the nearest full sized grocery store is an hour away so guess I'm stuck the normal stuff or Green Giant frozen.   No wellness for me today.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

@Kohola3 I'm sure your local Hipster Bar & Grill would gladly smear any rare vegetable on toast for $18. 😆

No hipster bars in my neck of the woods.  The most expensive full meal in the whole town isn't $18! 

Guess my self care will be following a yoga program on PBS and a PB&J sandwich.

• Love 3

Well, if daddy dear Kootie can "fill like a soldier going to war," then of course Pudge can fill like an inspiration to her brainless minions.  

Sorry for my ranting about Kootie.  I've already ranted on other SW topics here, there, and everywhere.  I couldn't loathe that asshole more.  That alone makes me hope this shithead and his traveling so-called wives get cancelled.  All I would miss is the snark.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle Jr..

8C1BFFFF-C402-4FB2-8A0A-0F2B75F64A37.jpeg

mariahbrwn

A few weeks ago I asked you all what parts of wellness you found inaccessible - and there were a lot, I think because wellness is trendy right now and a lot of what is trendy is inaccessible. Part of what I want to do with this platform is make health & wellness make sense which brought me to this - #TuesdayTips where each week I’ll share a different tip that I’ve found helpful in my process with wellness. 
This week I wanted to share something I wish I knew a few years ago: it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Working out one or two days a week is just fine, if that’s all you have time for. Adding a few new veggies to your diet is just fine if that’s what you can do right now. You don’t need to clear out all of the “unhealthy” things in your pantry and go on a strict workout regimen. I’m all about those small things that can start to become big things

Wait a minute.  So the other day she posted sad Mariah sitting against the wall looking like shit talking about therapy and today we have health and wellness  "expert" Mariah giving stupid ass advice?  Advice that's in every diet book under the sun?  Between Mariah and Janelle I don't know which one is worse.  Did Kody get a white board and do a family presentation and assign health and wellness to these two? Is this the big plan to rake in the benjamins? I just don't get it.  A tax dodge is my best guess.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That alone makes me hope this shithead and his traveling so-called wives get cancelled.  All I would miss is the snark.  

Haven't watched since season one, abhor the entire group of so-called adults. I want their world to implode.  I'll miss the snark but I bet we'll be able to track their downfall - and I, for one, will enjoy it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Good gravy, Janelle and Mariah honestly have no business trying to be wellness coaches. I wouldn't take free advice from either of them in their current physical shape. Who's going to be motivated or inspired by THAT? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13