Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

On 1/30/2019 at 4:42 PM, Kohola3 said:

Ditto. I have emery boards all of the place in my house including on my bedside table.  As soon as I feel a snag, I reach for one.

Ditto! An emery board must always be within arm's reach!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I'm just glad Sludge isn't into artsy nude photography

We don't know that she isn't, just that they don't post it on Instagram.  Wouldn't that give the Modestly Garment Gang a coronary?

• Love 7

Mariah, I just watched the latest episode of Sister Wives. Hey, you need to ditch those jeans.....your flesh is bulging out of the tears. It is NOT cool.

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • Love 6

Mariah has been reading this site!  With this photo, she is attempting to dispel two commonly held beliefs here.

1.  She does crack her books... well, she at least gets them out and gazes at the cover. 

2.  An ESA offers support when the going gets tough after a sesh of Sunday studies.

• Love 17

SludgePudge insist on wearing those trendy jeans, with their thunder thighs bulging out of the rips.  Ugh.

Ooh, Pudge seems to be staring at a book about social work!  She HAS to be aware of this site.  Since when does 'Sundays' require an apostrophe in that post?

• Love 10

Next thing you know she'll be putting some sort of fake service dog vest on the fake ESA.  And post a picture with an open book.  She'll show us nasty old doubters.

Not sure what "Sunday's" is possessing.  Other than a place in a stupid statement.

• Love 12

Not calling anyone out here.... but I see comments about reality folks reading these forums a lot... and I always find myself wondering... is this really an easy forum to find?  I know there are hundreds of different places around the internet to discuss these shows, so I genuinely wonder if folks would choose PTV over any of the others.  I don't know how widely marketed or popular PTV is....maybe its one of the top sites to come up in a google search.   I guess, to me, the name of the forum doesn't really lend itself to widespread popularity for some reason.  But again, maybe in a google search, it manages to be at the top so it would be easy for any of these folks to find it. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I know there are hundreds of different places around the internet to discuss these shows, so I genuinely wonder if folks would choose PTV over any of the others. 

My impression is that most folks go to either Facebook or Twitter to post about shows.  PTV and it's predecessor TWoP seem to bring in people of (ahem) a higher level of postings.  Most of us strive to use proper grammar and spelling and write in complete sentences.  We also are a little more analytical for the most part - there is none of the gushing "I just LOVE YOU" and "you are SO WONDERFUL" type of comments on this site.

Just my opinion.

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Not calling anyone out here.... but I see comments about reality folks reading these forums a lot... and I always find myself wondering... is this really an easy forum to find?  I know there are hundreds of different places around the internet to discuss these shows, so I genuinely wonder if folks would choose PTV over any of the others.  I don't know how widely marketed or popular PTV is....maybe its one of the top sites to come up in a google search.   I guess, to me, the name of the forum doesn't really lend itself to widespread popularity for some reason.  But again, maybe in a google search, it manages to be at the top so it would be easy for any of these folks to find it. 

It comes up number one when I search "tv show forums" but that could be because I'm a regular here, lol. I'd have to check from a neutral computer to see what a search would bring without my activity. 

I jumped over here after IMDB shut down their boards, which was a damn shame because those boards were awesome in both good and bad ways. Of all the boards I tried, I found this one the most user-friendly, with good activity but not too overwhelming. Reddit is ok but it is easy for your posts to get lost over there because of the number of people, and their annoying vote system.

I would think that people like Mariah and the other Browns would be able to find this forum easily if they searched for info about themselves - the Sister Wives board is very active!

2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

My impression is that most folks go to either Facebook or Twitter to post about shows.  PTV and it's predecessor TWoP seem to bring in people of (ahem) a higher level of postings.  Most of us strive to use proper grammar and spelling and write in complete sentences.  We also are a little more analytical for the most part - there is none of the gushing "I just LOVE YOU" and "you are SO WONDERFUL" type of comments on this site.

Just my opinion.

Excellent points!

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Coffee - $4 to $5.50.  Sandwiches $7 - $11.  Must be tough to be a starving student and have to count pennies.

Absolutely.  How sad that they have to leave their apartment to buy overpriced coffee.  I guess a Mr. Coffee and grind it myself coffee beans from Costco, just wouldn't suit SludgePudge.  Poor babies.

• Love 13
On 2/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, ginger90 said:

400942C5-0801-450C-9305-BEC1AF94EFD8.jpeg

Sunday’s what, Mariah? Is she asleep, or staring at a book cover?

Because it can't be said enough - Sunday's what?!  Basic grammar escapes our woke snowflake grad student.

Is she supposed to be studying?  Because unless I'm mistaken, the book needs to actually be opened to absorb the information contained within.  Unless - and I'm just taking a wild guess here - this is just a Sludge/Pudge-styled artfully posed photo, carefully crafted so that we all can see the words "social work" on the book's cover, lest we foolishly suggest that all this girl does is yoga and coffee.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12

One of the reasons Cody gave for not having the $40,000 for Meri was that they were paying for Mariah's school. I believe the family is paying for this like they also paid for the pricey four year private college. I will be shocked if this girl ever holds a real job in the future. I don't believe she is capable of a 9-5 anything.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I don't believe she is capable of a 9-5 anything.

Certainly not from what she's demonstrating to us now, when "self-care" is paramount and one can just go crying to the fambly when one needs more money.  What a difference from when the show first started and she wanted to go through the military to be a doctor!  But she's young and there's a LOT of maturing to be had when leaving school to join the real world, so I've got my fingers crossed for her.  

• Love 3

Most graduate students would be working FOR the university, coffee shop, soul cycle, yoga studio or food coop to pay for their education, accommodation and more affordable food. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Most graduate students would be working FOR the university, coffee shop, soul cycle, yoga studio or food coop to pay for their education, accommodation and more affordable food. 

Heck, most undergrads do too!  I worked part time my whole college careers, full time in the summers.  But them my parents followed a more traditional money management program that did not lean toward grifting and bankruptcies.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 7

I may do some reading at Coffee Joint on Sunday. I’ve never been and it looks nice. I wonder how the coffee is. 

Is it awful that Mariah’s instagram gives me suggestions for places to check out? If I see her I will let you know. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm elderly and not really up on the latest facial hair grooming trends, but do they use a stencil to achieve that squared off thick eyebrow?

Some people can free hand it and others use a stencil.  But you can sure tell the days that Mariah and Audry don't take their time.

• Love 3

IIRC, Pudge started drawing her eye brows on really thick literally the day after she told her family she was gay.  I’m not sure if she feels this is a better look for her, but I don’t.  Truthfully, I think it makes her look more masculine, almost like she felt like she had to put on a new uniform or something.  None of my lesbian friends are so inclined, so I don’t really understand it.

• Love 9
On 2/9/2019 at 8:56 AM, Sandy W said:

I'm elderly and not really up on the latest facial hair grooming trends, but do they use a stencil to achieve that squared off thick eyebrow?

Yeah, I don't get it either. They look like Groucho Marx eyebrows. I think full brows can look attractive if done correctly for the face shape, but these two look ridiculous, imo.

Edited by Adiba
spelling
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Some people can free hand it and others use a stencil.  But you can sure tell the days that Mariah and Audry don't take their time.

Full eyebrows can look good but must be artfully done with the natural shape of one's brows. Looks like these two used matching stencils instead (I've seen those kits, they're.......terrible). Groucho Marx indeed! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

The squared off overdone brows would be ok if they looked bathed and like they gave a crap how they otherwise looked.   It’s incongruent. 

Yes, Mariah's hair often looks filthy & uncombed - how can she not see it in the mirror when she applies her eyebrows?  Or do they do each other's eyebrows and not notice that the rest of them looks like they've been sleeping on the street?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

In some ways I feel sorry for Mariah. She is the most unfortunate looking of all the Brown daughters and I’m sure she knows that. However her greasy hair and magic marker eyebrows make her look so much worse. Add in her unpleasant personality and entitled attitude and she’s not an attractive person. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, BuddyMom2 said:

In some ways I feel sorry for Mariah. She is the most unfortunate looking of all the Brown daughters and I’m sure she knows that. However her greasy hair and magic marker eyebrows make her look so much worse. Add in her unpleasant personality and entitled attitude and she’s not an attractive person. 

She used to be cute, before the dyed hair and all. I'm sure if she went back to her more natural look it would help. But hey, she seems to be in the "I wanna look like a homeless vampire" phase so, yeah. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Despite all the self-care, Pudge & Sludge seem to be aging fast. Pensive Pudge and Sludge Sticking-out-her-tongue look 10 yrs older than their chronological ages.  Maybe Sludge hasn't learned about bounce lighting yet; that is how professional photographers (and amateurs who do a bit of reading) avoid horribly aging shadows.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7C34332A-ABE2-4E66-A3B0-8EFD0213E830.jpeg

mariahbrwn

Me and my frizzy hair have a question for you all - how does wellness feel accessible or inaccessible to you right now? Let me know below👇🏼👇🏼

What does that question even mean?  "How does wellness feel accessible?"  Does she want to know if we live within walking distance of a yoga studio?  Does she want to know if we have access to healthcare?  Or perhaps she's asking if we need to take three buses and a subway to the nearest avocado toast shop?  Her stupid vapid pensive gaze combined with some purposefully vague and nonsensical question makes me NUTS.  Hey, Mariah - go to class and open a book and answer it yourself!  She might as well ask us if our unicorns have access to sparkles.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Well, Mariah does look like she is having a rough morning, so I would guess that wellness was not accessible to her until she had her coffee.

Why would she post that picture and ask that question? What am I missing?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3