Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Meri counted Mariah's earning her master's degree as one of her (Meri's) accomplishments in a January 15th Instagram reflection on turning 50.  If that were true, Mariah would have graduated in 2020.  She may have been the Class of 2021 if she completed and graduated from her 3-year program at Loyola.

Here's most of the post, with her photoshopped selfie.

Capture.JPG

Meri may say that Mariah "finished college, both undergrad and masters" but how did Mariah finish her masters by January 2021?  In January of 2020 we saw Mariah say she was moving back to Utah and transferring her Masters degree in Social Work to the University of Utah at the end of that semester.  So at best she started at U of Utah in August 2020 (which was still during covid).  How would she graduate after only 1 semester at Utah?  I would have thought she could graduate this year....

• Useful 8
7 minutes ago, smarty said:

Meri may say that Mariah "finished college, both undergrad and masters" but how did Mariah finish her masters by January 2021? 

Finished college doesn't mean she graduated. 

I still say that whole thing was a giant sham.  She might have started but I think she ditched school to live the Coffee Shop life early on.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Finished college doesn't mean she graduated. 

I still say that whole thing was a giant sham.  She might have started but I think she ditched school to live the Coffee Shop life early on.

Perhaps she finished online. It’s very flexible nowadays. 

• Useful 4
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Perhaps she finished online. It’s very flexible nowadays. 

It's certainly possible.  But we all know Pudge's history of follow through (take up a cause, tweet about it, forget about it) so I wouldn't be surprised if "finished" was more like "I'm finished with this crappy studying, I quit so I can do more Me Time".

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Cetacean said:

It's certainly possible.  But we all know Pudge's history of follow through (take up a cause, tweet about it, forget about it) so I wouldn't be surprised if "finished" was more like "I'm finished with this crappy studying, I quit so I can do more Me Time".

I don’t disagree with her lack of follow through. She also seemed too temperamental and angry for an actual education. One cannot learn when one is always angry. 

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t disagree with her lack of follow through. She also seemed too temperamental and angry for an actual education. One cannot learn when one is always angry. 

I can imagine the contempt if a professor, not as woke as Mariah, referred to someone with a gender identifying pronoun.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

We need to remember that it is so much easier, if you’re Mariah , to be angry and lecture your social media followers rather than listen to anyone else. She has an extremely inflated opinion of herself and I’m sure has told herself many times that she knows everything about everything.

• Love 14

If Mariah graduated she would have posted it on SM. Her family would have thrown her a party. She probably dropped out or she is going to graduate much later. 

Mariah would have boasted that she graduated and is now a social justice warrior MSW!!!

• Love 20
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I think of Mariah every time I see this ad.

B14876CA-364E-4F01-8B73-010984F60688.jpeg

That's unfortunate (I'm assuming its a negative connotation for you) because TomboyX is an amazing brand-very queer friendly, and offers a lot of options for people who fall outside the gender norms when it comes to undergarments. They're pretty awesome all around. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, questionfear said:

That's unfortunate (I'm assuming its a negative connotation for you) because TomboyX is an amazing brand-very queer friendly, and offers a lot of options for people who fall outside the gender norms when it comes to undergarments. They're pretty awesome all around. 

I posted it because like Mariah they don’t shave their pits. I don’t know anything about that company.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I posted it because like Mariah they don’t shave their pits. I don’t know anything about that company.

Didn't Snowflake post that brassieres are evil?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 5/20/2021 at 9:12 AM, TurtlePower said:

Way more than Mariah has ever done for bees—Mariah just posts about it and expects everyone else to actually DO something. 

Angelina Jolie poses with bees for National Geographic (and actually says meaningful things): 

https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/angelina-jolie/angelina-jolie-poses-with-bees-for-national-geographic

YESSSSS!! We had an old BBQ grill that was infested with a whole damn hive of bees some years ago. What did we do? Called the damn bee man and they all got taken to a bee rescue!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I  don't shave mine either, I just don't share that fact with the internet (and I'm only sharing that here because literally no one here knows me). You'd be surprised how many women don't bother, and I think TomboyX shows it less as a political statement and more as a "come as you are and we won't judge" statement. 

Body hair and the absence of it are messy and complicated concepts. Granted, Mariah's usual response is to be flip and not educate anyone on that, and I'll fully admit I'll probably get dinged for going off topic if I get too into the cultural, feminist, and gendered debate behind the whole concept, but there's a lot of reasons why someone might choose not to shave, and TomboyX showing someone with unshaved pits is a shorthand/signal that they're a specific kind of brand. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

If Mariah graduated she would have posted it on SM. Her family would have thrown her a party. She probably dropped out or she is going to graduate much later. 

Mariah would have boasted that she graduated and is now a social justice warrior MSW!!!

Very good point. The whole world would know. 

• Love 13
On 5/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, iwantcookies said:

Same here...I never associate unshaved pits with sexual preference or lifestyle because heterosexual women in large portions of the world have been going around with unshaved armpits since the dawn of time.

I remember being surprised as a child the first time I met my dads mother and all of his sisters because none of them shaved their pits and they were all heterosexual women with families, it was simply their culture and preference.

• Love 21

OMG. If scrolling down to that picture didn’t scare you, your nerves are better than mine. Wow. Just wow. I’m no model, but a picture of me looking like that would go straight to the trash, not social media.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, lindalouwho said:

OMG. If scrolling down to that picture didn’t scare you, your nerves are better than mine. Wow. Just wow. I’m no model, but a picture of me looking like that would go straight to the trash, not social media.

Audrey has very nice teeth.  So there's that.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
On 5/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, questionfear said:

I  don't shave mine either, I just don't share that fact with the internet (and I'm only sharing that here because literally no one here knows me). You'd be surprised how many women don't bother, and I think TomboyX shows it less as a political statement and more as a "come as you are and we won't judge" statement. 

Body hair and the absence of it are messy and complicated concepts. Granted, Mariah's usual response is to be flip and not educate anyone on that, and I'll fully admit I'll probably get dinged for going off topic if I get too into the cultural, feminist, and gendered debate behind the whole concept, but there's a lot of reasons why someone might choose not to shave, and TomboyX showing someone with unshaved pits is a shorthand/signal that they're a specific kind of brand. 

I would love not to shave, but I live in Texas, work in a factory, in the heat, often 100 every day.  I would reek with BO if I didn't shave regularly.  Luckily at my age, the odor is not as bad as it was when I was younger.  I can deal with sweaty smell, but when its BO, I feel like everyone can smell it.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I would love not to shave, but I live in Texas, work in a factory, in the heat, often 100 every day.  I would reek with BO if I didn't shave regularly.  Luckily at my age, the odor is not as bad as it was when I was younger.  I can deal with sweaty smell, but when its BO, I feel like everyone can smell it.  

One side effect of becoming elderly, hair no longer grows on my legs, underarms or eyebrows.  No more plucking or shaving there as the hair that used to grow there has navigated to my upper lip.

Wax strips are my new best friend. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
On 5/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, iwantcookies said:

I think of Mariah every time I see this ad.

B14876CA-364E-4F01-8B73-010984F60688.jpeg

Lol omg I looked at that and was like "what's this ad got to do with Mariah? It's nice it features a real body!" Then I did a double take on the armpits! hahahaha

PS both times I met with my breast surgeon in the past month I realized I had forgotten to shave mine in awhile oops embarrassing!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 4/7/2021 at 11:26 AM, Emma C said:

image.png.a62cdd7ab2620abc2464c9882e36849a.png

OK, you're lesbians, we GET IT!

I'm sorry (not sorry) but these drab colors would look drab even if they were men. I mean, men (gay and straight) often wear flattering clothes in nice colors - sweaters, suits, jackets etc. I know it's a funeral but Meri wore bright yellow to honor her mother, whose favorite color that was.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/7/2021 at 3:43 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Same, I run snd still do occasional fieldwork in 110+ temps. Hair in dark places winds up holding bacteria and stinks to high heaven. It’s easier to to use wet wipes and more deodorant without hair that needs a bath (I learned this especially living in the back country with no bathrooms). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Same, I run snd still do occasional fieldwork in 110+ temps. Hair in dark places winds up holding bacteria and stinks to high heaven. It’s easier to to use wet wipes and more deodorant without hair that needs a bath (I learned this especially living in the back country with no bathrooms). 

Mariah would counter that by stating that any odor emanating from her armpits are her natural pheromones and if you find it offensive, you could just kiss her royal rump.

• LOL 17

If they are comfortable in their own skins then I am happy for them.  But based on history, when Mariah posts, she's either daring her followers to comment so she can shoot them down or she's trying way too hard to convince us of something (as in the above photo where they are smiling so hard I'm surprised their eyes don't pop out).  And Audge just seems to be along for the ride, but I suppose it could be the other way around.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If they are comfortable in their own skins then I am happy for them.  But based on history, when Mariah posts, she's either daring her followers to comment so she can shoot them down or she's trying way too hard to convince us of something (as in the above photo where they are smiling so hard I'm surprised their eyes don't pop out). 

I think Mariah inherited this from her mother 😉

• Love 7

Friendly Mod Announcement:

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Discussion of Mariah & Audrey's fashion choices is fine, unless or until they make public statements regarding their gender identity, speculation about a change in gender identity isn't appropriate. 

Please PM me if you have any questions.

• Love 10
On 6/7/2021 at 11:20 AM, Teafortwo said:

I'm sorry (not sorry) but these drab colors would look drab even if they were men. I mean, men (gay and straight) often wear flattering clothes in nice colors - sweaters, suits, jackets etc. I know it's a funeral but Meri wore bright yellow to honor her mother, whose favorite color that was.

Not to mention the ketchup stain. Really?

• LOL 3
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

New post on Instagram 

I got curious and looked it up. I saw the one from two days ago where she shared a series of slides-is that the one you were referring to? If so, I'll give Mariah some props-I've said all along what has always bothered me is how she presents issues without explanation or context, and that post had both, so maybe she's growing a little!

• Love 5

I am surprised nothing is going on with our belligerent loud-mouth. She has been quiet! Normally, she’s screaming about *something* on social media (her “hit end run” causes she never actually participates in). 

Has Mariah learned some lessons about being more low-key or is her life currently humdrum like most everyone else? 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

I am surprised nothing is going on with our belligerent loud-mouth. She has been quiet! Normally, she’s screaming about *something* on social media (her “hit end run” causes she never actually participates in). 

Has Mariah learned some lessons about being more low-key or is her life currently humdrum like most everyone else? 

I fell like she’s probably taken her rants elsewhere.

The wedding is supposed to be in August. Was that this year, or next? Excuse the brain fog.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I'm guessing it has something to do with employment.  She has to know that her bombastic rants are visible to potential employers;  didn't she fall off the radar when working for some kind of kids camp? 

And who would want her to be any kind of counselor with that mouth?  Provided she ever graduated which is still in doubt.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The wedding is supposed to be in August. Was that this year, or next? Excuse the brain fog.

I'm not sure of the year either, but considering they didn't have full choice of dates on the venues they were considering last season, I think it may be this August.  The only thing that makes me wonder about this year, is that Meri doesn't seem to be in full flurry of arrangement details and is planning a LLR trip just weeks before the event.  Possibly, in her usual efficient manner she has every thing locked and loaded, ready to roll.

I do hope the nuptials are for this August, that would mean they are filming now or very soon and we will get to witness up close Janelle's home on the range.  One benefit for Janelle is that she will be understandably excused for not throwing a bridal shower unless the menu would be a can of beans and a hunk of hardtack for each guest.

• Love 8
On 7/23/2021 at 4:43 PM, Sandy W said:

I do hope the nuptials are for this August, that would mean they are filming now or very soon and we will get to witness up close Janelle's home on the range.

Yes to footage on Janelle's "home" but please not too much footage of the weddingk! A whole episode with Mariah front and center?? I find the scenes that include her, her rants and sermons and all the admonishers to us 'simple souls" hard and tedious. I am not sure how to survive an hour full of that stuff... 

I'm also slightly apprehensive on their choice of dress, suit or jumpsuit. Can't say I'm overly impressed with their new (lack of) sense of fashion. Let's hope they go to a good salon with experienced consultants. 

Then again, it's their wedding which entitles the happy couple to do whatever they want of course....(as long as I don't have to watch it)

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I'm also slightly apprehensive on their choice of dress, suit or jumpsuit. Can't say I'm overly impressed with their new (lack of) sense of fashion. Let's hope they go to a good salon with experienced consultants. 

This part here is where I diverge and absolutely live for the moments that showcase their terrible taste in clothing. The Brown family is where fashion goes to die, and I love it!

• LOL 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

This part here is where I diverge and absolutely live for the moments that showcase their terrible taste in clothing. The Brown family is where fashion goes to die, and I love it!

OMG!! So true not one of them has a clue!

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6