Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cheryl Marie

Mariah Brown: The Only Planet I'm Applying to is Westminster College

Recommended Posts

I don’t really like to comment on people’s weight, but since at least Audrey that I’m aware of has spoken about depression or so I’ve read then some of her weight might come from that or any medication she’s might be on.  Now the pics of carbs overload meals wouldn’t help, but I think a lot of people have gained a lot of weight during the pandemic, I’ve been the opposite because I’m too tired and lazy to eat, but I sleep a bunch. Of course, brunches of carbs were happening before that, but honestly I’m not sure how long she’s been dealing with mental health issues.  Also, she probably isn’t playing sports anymore.  Mariah was pretty much always chunky, and probably didn’t have healthy eating habits growing up.  I think they both dress unflattering, but if it makes them happy *shrugs*.  The only thing that makes me sad, well as sad as one could be about a superficial thing about someone I don’t know, is Audrey’s hair.  I thought she had awesome hair before.  Mariah unfortunately inherited her parents worst physical traits IMO. I mean, I’m sure she doesn’t gave a damn about my opinion, nor should she, but she has always been below average in looks.  Sorry if that sounds harsh wasn’t sure how to word it.

Edited by Irate Panda · Reason: Medication she might be on I don’t know she’s on any
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t really like to comment on people’s weight, but since at least Audrey that I’m aware of has spoken about depression or so I’ve read then some of her weight might come from that or any medication she’s might be on.  Now the pics of carbs overload meals wouldn’t help, but I think a lot of people have gained a lot of weight during the pandemic, I’ve been the opposite because I’m too tired and lazy to eat, but I sleep a bunch. Of course, brunches of carbs were happening before that, but honestly I’m not sure how long she’s been dealing with mental health issues.  Also, she probably isn’t playing sports anymore.  Mariah was pretty much always chunky, and probably didn’t have healthy eating habits growing up.  I think they both dress unflattering, but if it makes them happy *shrugs*.  The only thing that makes me sad, well as sad as one could be about a superficial thing about someone I don’t know, is Audrey’s hair.  I thought she had awesome hair before.  Mariah unfortunately inherited her parents worst physical traits IMO. I mean, I’m sure she doesn’t gave a damn about my opinion, nor should she, but she has always been below average in looks.  Sorry if that sounds harsh wasn’t sure how to word it.

As one of my friends always says.  They became adults and when you do that, it rarely leaves time for being an active person.  So you gain weight.  Same thing happened to my daughter and her husband.  They both gained over 35 pounds after getting married.  Just like Mariah and Audrey they were eating a lot of carb heavy meals.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Mariah and Audrey at the funeral for Bonnie, Meri’s mom.  Before I saw the caption that it was them with new short hair, I thought it was Dayton and someone.

AAA1238A-56D1-4BF6-B59B-60D941DE5AD0.jpeg

Goodness I thought that was two overweight guys!  They’re also both wearing men’s clothing!  Wow. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, dear, I can't imagine Snowflake hitting many of her yoga poses these days.  Maybe chair yoga?

And no slings at those who do chair yoga because I do - but that's because I'm older than dirt and don't want to break a hip.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2021 at 1:56 PM, LucyEth said:

Mariah and Audrey at the funeral for Bonnie, Meri’s mom.  Before I saw the caption that it was them with new short hair, I thought it was Dayton and someone.

AAA1238A-56D1-4BF6-B59B-60D941DE5AD0.jpeg

What is that on Audrey's sweater? Ketchup stain?

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/4/2021 at 1:27 PM, Irate Panda said:

Mariah was pretty much always chunky, and probably didn’t have healthy eating habits growing up.

I have just binge-watched Season 1-9,, and it is interesting to watch the kids change.  Supposedly Meri and Mariah ate relatively healthy compared to the endless casseroles in Christine's house.   In season 1 Mariah is thin.  And they show older pix of her with her parents where she is thin.  I am wondering if she started to stress eat when they moved to Vegas and fluffed up then.  Also there is a picture of all the kids when maybe there were 10 kids, and Mariah and Aspen are on opposite ends.  They look like identical twins in that picture.   There is a much later picture where they still look like twins except it is after Mariah's hair is dark.  I am not sure how they compare in height, but their faces are very similar.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I never remembered Mariah being thin so I had to go watch a season one episode to remind myself.  No, she wasn't thin.  She wasn't near the size she started being, but she was definitely on the higher side of normal.  Thin is on the low normal side and Mariah was a good 20 pounds away from that.  Sorry folks.  I've spent most of my life being thin and Mariah was not there.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I have just binge-watched Season 1-9,, and it is interesting to watch the kids change.  Supposedly Meri and Mariah ate relatively healthy compared to the endless casseroles in Christine's house.   In season 1 Mariah is thin.  And they show older pix of her with her parents where she is thin.  I am wondering if she started to stress eat when they moved to Vegas and fluffed up then.  Also there is a picture of all the kids when maybe there were 10 kids, and Mariah and Aspen are on opposite ends.  They look like identical twins in that picture.   There is a much later picture where they still look like twins except it is after Mariah's hair is dark.  I am not sure how they compare in height, but their faces are very similar.

She always seemed “sturdy” (not sure what the right word is) to me but yes thinner than Vegas but not small. Maybe I was making her bigger because she seemed “tall/solid” (not fat) plus Meri was thinner which maybe made her seem bigger to me.  Plus all these double and triple tshirts and spaghetti strap outfits didn’t help lol.   It’s like when Meri wears her toddler vest I think it makes her look bigger than she is because it looks weird.  Honestly, I didn’t watch much of the first season because I hated the random police cars shots for the “felons”, so I did FF a lot of those scenes.  Also, Meri and Mariah scenes were my least favorite then, so I probably skipped over them a lot.  I really only took notice of Mariah after staring at the empty house scene.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think that’s a necklace. The gold glint above and to the right of it is a chain.

Ah, yes. You are correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I never remembered Mariah being thin so I had to go watch a season one episode to remind myself.  No, she wasn't thin.  She wasn't near the size she started being, but she was definitely on the higher side of normal.  Thin is on the low normal side and Mariah was a good 20 pounds away from that.  Sorry folks.  I've spent most of my life being thin and Mariah was not there.

I should have been clear that what I was referring to was the pictures they showed of her before the show began--maybe ages 8-10.  She seemed to me to have spindly arms, but she could have been chunky in the middle.  She looked pretty normal in that scene where she comes up the stairs in the first season and is introduced.  Children as a group are a lot heavier now than they were when I was growing up so maybe my perspective is different. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2021 at 7:18 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Goodness I thought that was two overweight guys!  They’re also both wearing men’s clothing!  Wow. 

I know several women who wear outfits similar to Audrey's. My only quibble with her outfit is that it seems a little informal for a funeral, but the style is pretty common. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think Audrey looks just fine. Like @questionfear said, it’s a little casual but looks clean and the right size. My concern is that Audrey seems like she’s unhappy and maybe being pulled along in the Brown circus. Mariah seems like such a negative force that I wonder if Audrey would be happier with someone else. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Emma C said:

image.png.a62cdd7ab2620abc2464c9882e36849a.png

OK, you're lesbians, we GET IT!

So they're not allowed to dress how they're comfortable? 

Sorry, this is a sensitive topic for me because I dress pretty similarly, and I've been harassed a lot for how I dress (also, the other day the gas station attendant called me "chief" and "boss" during our interaction, which seems like a pretty big sign he thought I was a dude, but I guess I'm bros with the gas station guy now?) I haven't worn a dress in 22 years, and I'm wearing a fitted tuxedo to my brother's wedding this summer, and if anyone commented on my outfit with "we get it, the sister is a lesbian" to anyone in my family, including my 92 year old grandmother, there'd be some slaps flying. 

As I said above, I think Audrey is a little underdressed for a funeral, but if I saw her on the street I wouldn't do a double take (well, I might, but more because she bears a resemblance to a friend's wife, not because of how she's dressed). 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, questionfear said:

So they're not allowed to dress how they're comfortable? 

Sorry, this is a sensitive topic for me because I dress pretty similarly, and I've been harassed a lot for how I dress (also, the other day the gas station attendant called me "chief" and "boss" during our interaction, which seems like a pretty big sign he thought I was a dude, but I guess I'm bros with the gas station guy now?) I haven't worn a dress in 22 years, and I'm wearing a fitted tuxedo to my brother's wedding this summer, and if anyone commented on my outfit with "we get it, the sister is a lesbian" to anyone in my family, including my 92 year old grandmother, there'd be some slaps flying. 

As I said above, I think Audrey is a little underdressed for a funeral, but if I saw her on the street I wouldn't do a double take (well, I might, but more because she bears a resemblance to a friend's wife, not because of how she's dressed). 

It just seems like they are making a big show to their family to prove a point. They have been dressing and appearing very feminine until now (based on what I've seen on the show, compared to this very recent photo). I don't care how they dress, I was simply commenting on the photo.

I apologize if I offended you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Emma C said:

It just seems like they are making a big show to their family to prove a point. They have been dressing and appearing very feminine until now (based on what I've seen on the show, compared to this very recent photo). I don't care how they dress, I was simply commenting on the photo.

I apologize if I offended you.

I wasn't offended, I just wanted to clarify-I think there's not a lot of masc-of-center representation in media so it's easy to misinterpret or perceive women dressing that way differently, especially if they're not KStew-style fashionistas about it.

I don't watch the show regularly, so I'm going off what I've seen on social media and in this thread...it seems that's how they dress normally. They may dress more feminine for the show as a condition of filming for Kody or TLC too, since it's basically a "job". 

I once ran into a coworker in Home Depot and he was deeply confused, he kept saying "you look so different than you do at work" because he wasn't used to seeing me in a flannel and a ball cap. When I'm at work (in the before-times, when we went to the office!) we were "business formal" so I wore women's pantsuits with a button down shirt, obviously no baseball cap, and regular loafers instead of converse. Same person, very different style depending on the audience. 

It's hard because media struggles with the portrayal of masc-of-center women, most people aren't exposed to what's normal in a lesbian fashion world. There's no lesbian analogue to a Kurt from Glee or David from Schitt's Creek, and I think that's what's needed to help people separate "showing off" from "natural style" if that makes sense.

I'm indifferent towards Mariah and Audrey as humans, I just feel sympathy for them in terms of their evolving style because I've been there and had to navigate the weirdness of how to dress when you're not femme. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I think there is also the issue of finding clothes in their size. Having been their size at a different point in time (but at their age), it was hard to shop for plus size clothes that didn’t make me look like someone’s grandma. It’s better now for casual clothes I think, but still not so great for  work clothes/funeral appropriate, unless you have a lot of money and/or time to shop.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, Irate Panda said:

Has Mariah ever mentioned what she “plans” on doing with her degree? Also what was her undergraduate degree in?
 

On a side note, I’m rewatching the Mariah sitting in the cul-de-sac staring at the Vegas house, while whining, “IT’S NOT FAIR!!” Plus, I forgot the little gem of Kody exclaiming, “I’LL HANDLE IT!” when Meri tells him Mariah is being moody.  Kody doesn’t handle shit 🙄 Oh, Mariah, you are the perfect blend of your asshole parents.  

Last I checked, she was working as a program manager at a nursing home in Salt Lake. She also worked at a veterans’ facility there. Maybe she’s going into that area of social work after her master’s. 

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I wasn't offended, I just wanted to clarify-I think there's not a lot of masc-of-center representation in media so it's easy to misinterpret or perceive women dressing that way differently, especially if they're not KStew-style fashionistas about it.

I don't watch the show regularly, so I'm going off what I've seen on social media and in this thread...it seems that's how they dress normally. They may dress more feminine for the show as a condition of filming for Kody or TLC too, since it's basically a "job". 

I once ran into a coworker in Home Depot and he was deeply confused, he kept saying "you look so different than you do at work" because he wasn't used to seeing me in a flannel and a ball cap. When I'm at work (in the before-times, when we went to the office!) we were "business formal" so I wore women's pantsuits with a button down shirt, obviously no baseball cap, and regular loafers instead of converse. Same person, very different style depending on the audience. 

It's hard because media struggles with the portrayal of masc-of-center women, most people aren't exposed to what's normal in a lesbian fashion world. There's no lesbian analogue to a Kurt from Glee or David from Schitt's Creek, and I think that's what's needed to help people separate "showing off" from "natural style" if that makes sense.

I'm indifferent towards Mariah and Audrey as humans, I just feel sympathy for them in terms of their evolving style because I've been there and had to navigate the weirdness of how to dress when you're not femme. 

Yeah I do feel bad for them, I’m bi and previously dated a number of butch women and shopping with them was a trip. It’s VERY hard for plus size butch or just somewhat androgynous women to find flattering clothes. There was also so much pressure from within the queer community in my case to chop my hair off and start dressing more masculinely even though I’m ultimately way too girly for all that. But it took some time to figure out how I actually wanted to dress and express myself. Couple that with couples’ and pandemic weight gain and its got to be rough to “discover” yourself. They pretty much came out together as college kids. I think they’ll find their style eventually.

But yeah I mean their usual haircuts and clothes right now are not flattering, I can’t deny that lol. I know Mariah in particular is not all that likable. I do feel for her just in that it’s rough enough to come out and figure all out stuff out in the years afterward, much less having come from a polygamous background and doing it all publicly. It’s gotta be weird. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think Audrey dresses fine, I mean especially in this bunch, there’s plenty of fucked up fashions, so I’d almost think she’d be on the safe side no matter what she wore.  I don’t think the clothes are super flattering, but if I saw her on the street I wouldn’t think anything either major way as the clothes don’t really stick out good or bad.  I’m much more distracted by toddler vest or god awful LuLurag patterns.  Mariah as far as I can see in the picture is dressed ok, her fashion fashion fiascos usually involve yoga pants.  As I said before the only thing I liked better before was Audrey’s hair, but I know from experience long hair can be a pain or maybe she just prefers short hair.  Mariah’s hair confuses me.  Did she perm it and then get it cut or was her hair normally that curly and she usually straightened it?  I wouldn’t be a fan of their glasses on anybody, but I think they otherwise look fine.  Honestly, I don’t think there’s one person in that family that has what I would call good style, so they’re at least batting above average in this picture.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think Audrey dresses fine, I mean especially in this bunch, there’s plenty of fucked up fashions, so I’d almost think she’d be on the safe side no matter what she wore.  I don’t think the clothes are super flattering, but if I saw her on the street I wouldn’t think anything either major way as the clothes don’t really stick out good or bad.  I’m much more distracted by toddler vest or god awful LuLurag patterns.  Mariah as far as I can see in the picture is dressed ok, her fashion fashion fiascos usually involve yoga pants.  As I said before the only thing I liked better before was Audrey’s hair, but I know from experience long hair can be a pain or maybe she just prefers short hair.  Mariah’s hair confuses me.  Did she perm it and then get it cut or was her hair normally that curly and she usually straightened it?  I wouldn’t be a fan of their glasses on anybody, but I think they otherwise look fine.  Honestly, I don’t think there’s one person in that family that has what I would call good style, so they’re at least batting above average in this picture.

I think Mariah’s hair is like mine - wavy if I air dry it, straight if I blow dry it. It takes more effort for me to air dry it because I have to use certain products and scrunch the hell out of it to look decent (and even then it’s a crapshoot). If I do basically nothing to my hair it looks like Mariah’s before she got it cut, kind of wavy curly in some spots, flat in others, and as if I had never been introduced to a comb or brush. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t mind an androgynous look on either men or women. I don’t expect people to look like fashion plates at a funeral. But— I just don’t particularly think the look is that flattering on Audrey, especially. She looked cute before, imo. Just my opinion, not that it matters— I certainly do not dress fashionably— comfort is my go-to.

As for Mariah, I cannot be objective because I find her so unpleasant. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

forget it, I was trying to correct a spelling error in a previous post and I just ended up quoting myself.  I just wanted to edit.    I just want to change "heave" into "heavy"

Edited by Twopper
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, questionfear said:

I know several women who wear outfits similar to Audrey's. My only quibble with her outfit is that it seems a little informal for a funeral, but the style is pretty common. 

I've seen some very informal funerals.  People in jeans and t-shirts and some even wearing shorts.  I think Audrey's clothes were acceptable for a funeral.  Plus it looked like it was cold.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I usually dress more formally for funerals, but honestly if it was me lying in the "to-go" box up front I wouldn't care what folks wore.  I'd just be glad they came to see me off, and maybe stick a flask of vodka in the corner of it for me.  😎

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

How anyone dresses is up to them. What comes out of their mouth, or fingers on a keyboard, stays in my mind more than clothing any day. (Mariah more than Audrey)

Mariah has been vile, IMO.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Absolom said:

I never remembered Mariah being thin so I had to go watch a season one episode to remind myself.  No, she wasn't thin.  She wasn't near the size she started being, but she was definitely on the higher side of normal.  Thin is on the low normal side and Mariah was a good 20 pounds away from that.  Sorry folks.  I've spent most of my life being thin and Mariah was not there.

Lucky you!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just putting one of 4 pictures from this post:

35E9FEB6-1C83-429D-B059-F61402B3831C.jpeg

27789906-31F3-40F9-A029-09E255139EC3.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Does Mariah still think that pigeon-toed poses make her look cute? 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Just putting one of 4 pictures from this post:

35E9FEB6-1C83-429D-B059-F61402B3831C.jpeg

27789906-31F3-40F9-A029-09E255139EC3.jpeg

There literally is almost no difference between the two of them now.  Is that on purpose, do you think?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Does Mariah still think that pigeon-toed poses make her look cute? 

Much as I hate to defend Mariah,  she may not be posing.  I am very pigeon toed and I am not always conscious of the way I am standing.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

There literally is almost no difference between the two of them now.  Is that on purpose, do you think?

But is that Audge on the right?  Doens't look like her at all.  I was thinking it might be the designer.

7 hours ago, deirdra said:

Does Mariah still think that pigeon-toed poses make her look cute? 

Apparently that's a Brown family thing. We've seen that stupid pose a number of times from many of them. So cutesy - not.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Mariah's hair seems to be back to her natural color... so I guess that, despite the awful haircut, it's somehow...  nice?  🤔

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, Cetacean said:

But is that Audge on the right?  Doens't look like her at all.  I was thinking it might be the designer.

I barely recognized either of them, but they don't look quite as bad as they did in the last few pictures we have seen.  I hope Mariah keeps her natural hair color. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Cetacean said:

But is that Audge on the right?  Doens't look like her at all.  I was thinking it might be the designer.

Audrey is on the left, Mariah is on the right. 😁

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Audrey is on the left, Mariah is on the right. 😁

That's what I thought too.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I also see what look like wedding bands on both of them.  Have they already gotten married?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Curious if Audge shaved her head - you can kind of see scalp peeking out from her baseball hat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

I also see what look like wedding bands on both of them.  Have they already gotten married?

Right? I saw that in a previous pic and asked, too. I wouldn't be surprised if they already legally got married and are just going to have the "dog and pony show" for TLC.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Curious if Audge shaved her head - you can kind of see scalp peeking out from her baseball hat.

I think she just has a high forehead.

5802D880-E37C-46BB-8B31-17B54CB2004A.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2021 at 6:48 AM, ginger90 said:

I think she just has a high forehead.

5802D880-E37C-46BB-8B31-17B54CB2004A.jpeg

Auj looks like Kim Jong-Un

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2021 at 11:47 AM, Adiba said:

 

As for Mariah, I cannot be objective because I find her so unpleasant. 

Right there with you. Just gives off such an entitled vibe. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Auj looks like Kim Jong-Un

Just what I said back in January.

 

2021-05-22_13-47-35.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I checked the commencement program for the May graduation ceremony at the University of Utah and didn't see Mariah on the list for graduating from the Social Work masters program.  Does anyone know when she's supposed to graduate?

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, smarty said:

I checked the commencement program for the May graduation ceremony at the University of Utah and didn't see Mariah on the list for graduating from the Social Work masters program.  Does anyone know when she's supposed to graduate?

Meri counted Mariah's earning her master's degree as one of her (Meri's) accomplishments in a January 15th Instagram reflection on turning 50.  If that were true, Mariah would have graduated in 2020.  She may have been the Class of 2021 if she completed and graduated from her 3-year program at Loyola.

Here's most of the post, with her photoshopped selfie.

 

Capture.JPG

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Meri counted Mariah's earning her master's degree as one of her (Meri's) accomplishments in a January 15th Instagram reflection on turning 50.  If that were true, Mariah would have graduated in 2020.  She may have been the Class of 2021 if she completed and graduated from her 3-year program at Loyola.

Here's most of the post, with her photoshopped selfie.

 

Capture.JPG

Meri may say that Mariah "finished college, both undergrad and masters" but how did Mariah finish her masters by January 2021?  In January of 2020 we saw Mariah say she was moving back to Utah and transferring her Masters degree in Social Work to the University of Utah at the end of that semester.  So at best she started at U of Utah in August 2020 (which was still during covid).  How would she graduate after only 1 semester at Utah?  I would have thought she could graduate this year....

  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size