Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

You will all be relieved, I'm sure, to know that Mariah is back on IG - she posted a brief story lecturing us about the use of pronouns.

Welcome back, Woke Justice Warrior!  I've been lost these past couple of months not knowing where to direct my rage!

• LOL 16
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

You will all be relieved, I'm sure, to know that Mariah is back on IG - she posted a brief story lecturing us about the use of pronouns.

Which of her IG pages are you on?  I recall on her one with the yoga & Chicago days that she had her pronouns listed as "she, they" for a couple of months before changing them to a more commonly used format.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Which of her IG pages are you on?  I recall on her one with the yoga & Chicago days that she had her pronouns listed as "she, they" for a couple of months before changing them to a more commonly used format.

The one I know of:

E117F05E-503E-40D4-B67D-A9D645543003.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

OK, who is living on the stolen Goshute and easter Shoshone lands?  Black lives?  They/them?  Kootie and Kompany?  

If you are going to be a "radical humanist" you're going to have to work on your communication skills so your sycophants have a clue what you are blathering about.  And capitalization counts.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

If you are going to be a "radical humanist" you're going to have to work on your communication skills so your sycophants have a clue what you are blathering about.  And capitalization counts.

And if they are declaring themselves a writer, they should use proper capitalization, punctuation, spelling, syntax, grammar, logic, and more - out of respect to the reader. at minimum 

Is Mariah also declaring the full extent of their social justice enlightenment started, ended and is fully contained in that year at Loyola?  The mystery continues. . . 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Mariah & Audj are living in Salt Lake City on the stolen Goshute and eastern Shoshone lands.  Curiously the Goshute Shoshone were living in the Rocky Mtns when Lewis & Clark came thru, not SLC.

Yes ginger90, I've got that IG page, where she caved in to others telling her it is "they/them", not "she/they", and now she is the self-nominated teacher of pronouns?  But she still is not using the standard Yoga Alliance notation "RYT 200".  Either because she hates capital letters or isn't really RYT 200 - certified. Or both.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The one I know of:

E117F05E-503E-40D4-B67D-A9D645543003.jpeg

Can someone please translate this for me? To this COL it looks like a very bad imitation of E.E. Cummings. I understand she is trying to say something important I just have no idea what she is trying to communicate. No being sarcastic just totally lost.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Can someone please translate this for me? To this COL it looks like a very bad imitation of E.E. Cummings. I understand she is trying to say something important I just have no idea what she is trying to communicate. No being sarcastic just totally lost.

Well my translation of what she wrote is the following:

• She believes she’s a writer.
  • She believes that Black Lives also matter.
  • Whichever state she is living in, she believes it to be land stolen from Native American tribes: Goshute and Eastern Shoshone
  • She doesn’t define herself with the pronoun “she” or “her”, but prefers to be called “they” or “them”.
  • She believes in that human needs and values are more important than say religious beliefs on judging what is good.  The welfare of humans is the top priority.
  • She believes she is not only a student of life, but also in school, presumably.  I guess when she wrote this it was Loyola University Chicago
  • She believes she is a registered yoga teacher.

I understood the words, I just don’t think they all actually apply to Mariah.  

• Useful 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

• Whichever state she is living in, she believes it to be land stolen from Native American tribes: Goshute and Eastern Shoshone
  • She doesn’t define herself with the pronoun “she” or “her”, but prefers to be called “they” or “them”.
  • She believes in that human needs and values are more important than say religious beliefs on judging what is good.  The welfare of humans is the top priority.
  • She believes she is not only a student of life, but also in school, presumably.  I guess when she wrote this it was Loyola University Chicago

That actually makes sense ! Of course Mariah can’t  write that.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

And I believe she's a total whack job and spawn-of-a-douche.

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They said they were going to start a family.

Ummm......biologically......ummmm.....Nevermind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Do Mariah and Audrey plan to have kids?

29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When they first got engaged, they had already decided that Audrey would carry the child.  Audrey even said something like her body was built for it or her hips were ready.  Mariah had no desire to be pregnant or give birth.  (In an earlier conversation with Robyn, Meri was concerned that she'd never have "grandbabies," and Robyn had to dispel the notion.)

24 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Dumb question. Wonder how they will be financing this family? slinking out of the room

It better not be the basis of Season 84 - Sludge & Pudge, Fertile on Prairie Dog Plague Flats.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Oh boy imagine Mariah screaming at the infant to be quiet! She is doing social warrior stuff while doing yoga. And the baby is interrupting her peace.

Audrey will have to lose a bit of weight to get pregnant. Wonder who they will ask to be the daddy. 

• Love 4

Re: "they/them" - I understand that it's important for people who identify as non-binary and/or possessing characteristics of both genders, or who are gender non-conforming, to have the choice of gender-neutral pronouns. However, as a strict grammarian, I wish there were a better choice than "they/them" because it's often confusing, making me stop to wonder, who are the others? Then I re-read and realize okay, the "they" refers to the singular gender-neutral subject. 

Ayn Rand wrote a book called "We" about a society in which there were no individual pronouns.

It's hard to put myself in the shoes of a non-binary person. Part of me thinks this pronoun stuff is ridiculous. So on my twitter account (where I have 2 whole followers! one of whom I actually know), I put "me/my/mine." 

I've said it before: I don't think Mariah is non-binary. Short hair doesn't make it so. I think she's just trying to be relevant; au courant; hence the choice of "they/them" and the initial mistake of "she/they" which would have been laughable if it weren't such a pathetic sign of her obtuseness.

Edited by Teafortwo
if you call yourself a strict grammarian, you'd better proofread your posts!
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I think she's just trying to be relevant; au courant; hence the choice of "they/them" and the initial mistake of "she/they" which would have been laughable if it weren't such a pathetic sign of her obtuseness.

I laughed at her obtuseness.  My guess was that Mariah thought the pronouns people wrote in their signatures were pronouns they were OK with. "She" for her biological sex and how her family, friends & fiancée refer to her (in retrospect she may have thought it meant long haired), and "they" because she supports the LGBTQ2S cause.  For two months followers pointed out that she was doing it wrong and she/they implied gender confusion, not that she was binary.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I laughed at her obtuseness.  My guess was that Mariah thought the pronouns people wrote in their signatures were pronouns they were OK with. "She" for her biological sex and how her family, friends & fiancée refer to her (in retrospect she may have thought it meant long haired), and "they" because she supports the LGBTQ2S cause.  For two months followers pointed out that she was doing it wrong and she/they implied gender confusion, not that she was binary.

I had to look up LGBTQ2S because I wasn't familiar with the "2S" part. I also found this, from the UK: LGBTQQIP2SAA 

At a certain point, they're going to have to abbreviate the acronym.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And that Audrey's gonna be the one who carries the child. I guess Mariah's cute lil uterus can't be bothered....

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Elodia said:

And that Audrey's gonna be the one who carries the child. I guess Mariah's cute lil uterus can't be bothered....

Well, maybe given Mariah's mother's reproductive issues, maybe Audrey is the better choice.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Well, maybe given Mariah's mother's reproductive issues, maybe Audrey is the better choice.

That's a possibility, of course. But I also remember Mariah saying they never had the desire to give birth or to be pregnant, that's not their "thing". 

I just want to add I'm not judging. Just saying(k). But I  have to admit I get a little snarky when it comes to Mariah.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

If Princess has to take the day off when she has a period., can you imagine her going into labor? Not happening.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In the couch interview, when Mariah & Audrey talked about moving back to Utah and starting a family in last week's episode, Mariah leaned forward, tilted toward Audrey and extended her hand to nearly a stop sign over Audrey.  Then, Mariah said, "Don't worry!  We're going to get married first."  She emphasized marriage before children when they got engaged or on the sister wives' visit to Chicago, too.  

So, as iconoclastic as Mariah believes herself to be, she consistently emphasizes and envisions a traditional, nuclear family with Audrey.  Maybe, just maybe, that's her radical reaction to Kody and the Brown Family Chaos (TM), and a typical refusal to validate Meri's beliefs.  But, it's not even radical, since her siblings took the same escape.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Elodia said:

That's a possibility, of course. But I also remember Mariah saying they never had the desire to give birth or to be pregnant, that's not their "thing". 

I just want to add I'm not judging. Just saying(k). But I  have to admit I get a little snarky when it comes to Mariah.

And it's a perfectly valid thing to feel. My ex-wife carried our son, but he's just as much my child as if he were biologically mine. Both legally and emotionally. 

• Love 15
On 3/17/2021 at 8:42 PM, Irate Panda said:

Ok, but if Mariah truly believes the land is stolen, why live there? Shouldn't their moral indignation compel them to live somewhere else? Isn't just listing it on the Instagram header ( or whatever that is called) just giving lip service to this injustice.  Isn't a Social Justice Warrior supposed to put their money where their mouth is? I realize that one could argue that all of North America was stolen from indigenous people, so there really might not be another place to live without moving to Europe.  But it just seem somewhat hypocritical to bemoan something while still taking advantage of it. I don't know how to explain it clearly but it just seem like more of her posturing.  

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Ok, but if Mariah truly believes the land is stolen, why live there? Shouldn't their moral indignation compel them to live somewhere else? Isn't just listing it on the Instagram header ( or whatever that is called) just giving lip service to this injustice.  Isn't a Social Justice Warrior supposed to put their money where their mouth is? I realize that one could argue that all of North America was stolen from indigenous people, so there really might not be another place to live without moving to Europe.  But it just seem somewhat hypocritical to bemoan something while still taking advantage of it. I don't know how to explain it clearly but it just seem like more of her posturing.  

I was thinking the same thing and, Mariah IS a hypocrite.

As an example, I’ve lived amongst the Navajo and they would see right through a loud-mouthed “advocate” like Mariah. She’s honestly not helpful and is making herself even more unlikeable and unauthentic. 

Mariah’s goal in life is to find something to be angry about, point it out and then do nothing about it. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 18
On 3/18/2021 at 5:25 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I'm guessing the child will be created in a dish using the most perfect Mariahs egg, unknown donor's sperm and Audrey will tote!  Lol

Tote the baby - reminds me of Angela on 90 Day Fiancé lol.  

• LOL 8
17 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Even in Europe, she would find a social justice warrior flag to raise.  Most of it was pillaged and plundered by Jutes, Angles, Saxons, Celts and Vikings.  Maybe her conscience would be mollified if she just caught the next ice floe that passes by.

second thought; Nah that wouldn't work either, she would then be able to trumpet the greenhouse gases effect on breaking up the ice pack.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Maybe her conscience would be mollified if she just caught the next ice floe that passes by.

We should be so lucky.

22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

...she would then be able to trumpet the greenhouse gases effect on breaking up the ice pack.

Hopefully it would sail out of sight and melt.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Oh, I stopped expecting the Browns to back up anything they said years ago.  I don’t particularly care for Mariah, that whole sitting in the middle of the road staring at that Vegas house kind of sealed the deal or was it Westminster? With that said, Maddie isn’t far behind with her shills of Plexus although she most likely doesn’t have Janelle helping foot any bills.  I really don’t mind shills except for things I personally don’t think are healthy or anything I feel are mlm crap.  That’s just my personal opinion, but if people want to buy 40 dollar Rice Krispie treats or a used luluslop outfit Meri wore during an awkward family meeting, I shrug at the stupidity, but couldn’t care less.  Most of IG is people pontificating and doing nothing, which Mariah seems to fit into, but then she seems to get mad at her followers for basically doing the same thing.  Oh well, I guess that avocado toast isn’t going to eat itself.  FWIW, most of the elder Browns use of SM bothers me a lot more than Mariah’s  because I feel like theirs are almost always one big shill.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

What  isn't "stolen land?" Show me a place to live that was not conquered.

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 13
On 3/18/2021 at 12:46 AM, Teafortwo said:

I had to look up LGBTQ2S because I wasn't familiar with the "2S" part. I also found this, from the UK: LGBTQQIP2SAA 

At a certain point, they're going to have to abbreviate the acronym.

Agreed. I suggest they drop this whole bucket full of foolishness. But, I ain't "woke" (for which I am grateful to God!).

9 hours ago, OdinO. said:

What  isn't "stolen land?" Show me a place to live that was not conquered.

I don't like "stolen". How about, "Skillfully acquired"?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Oh, I stopped expecting the Browns to back up anything they said years ago.  I don’t particularly care for Mariah, that whole sitting in the middle of the road staring at that Vegas house kind of sealed the deal or was it Westminster? With that said, Maddie isn’t far behind with her shills of Plexus although she most likely doesn’t have Janelle helping foot any bills.  I really don’t mind shills except for things I personally don’t think are healthy or anything I feel are mlm crap.  That’s just my personal opinion, but if people want to buy 40 dollar Rice Krispie treats or a used luluslop outfit Meri wore during an awkward family meeting, I shrug at the stupidity, but couldn’t care less.  Most of IG is people pontificating and doing nothing, which Mariah seems to fit into, but then she seems to get mad at her followers for basically doing the same thing.  Oh well, I guess that avocado toast isn’t going to eat itself.  FWIW, most of the elder Browns use of SM bothers me a lot more than Mariah’s  because I feel like theirs are almost always one big shill.

"I shrug at the stupidity, but couldn't care less". I just might take that as a personal motto.

• LOL 8
On 3/18/2021 at 1:26 AM, Elodia said:

But I  have to admit I get a little snarky when it comes to Mariah.

She is pretty snarkable.   I am re-watching season 6 when she is lookingk at Westminster College and refusing to even tour UNLVs with Maddie even though Logan is the tour guide.  She was also pretty fluffy back then.  She had on some yellowish mustardy pants that were too tight and a Westminster hoodie or sweat shirt, but somehow that was enough to convince Kody to leave her at home.   He thought she shouldn't wear a Westminster College shirt to the tour which I thought was silly as it isn't like UNLV and Westminster are in-state rivals like Duke and UNC,  Kody is a moron and Mariah is a moron with her mother's selfishness.  

That plus her pouting about not moving in for Christmas make this season memorable for my dislike of Mariah.  I thought maybe she would improve as she got older;  I was wrong.  Rilly, rilly wrong.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

She is pretty snarkable.   I am re-watching season 6 when she is lookingk at Westminster College and refusing to even tour UNLVs with Maddie even though Logan is the tour guide.  She was also pretty fluffy back then.  She had on some yellowish mustardy pants that were too tight and a Westminster hoodie or sweat shirt, but somehow that was enough to convince Kody to leave her at home.   He thought she shouldn't wear a Westminster College shirt to the tour which I thought was silly as it isn't like UNLV and Westminster are in-state rivals like Duke and UNC,  Kody is a moron and Mariah is a moron with her mother's selfishness.  

That plus her pouting about not moving in for Christmas make this season memorable for my dislike of Mariah.  I thought maybe she would improve as she got older;  I was wrong.  Rilly, rilly wrong.

You weren't the only one.  Not only did she not grow out of it, she grew much more into it.  One day she's gonna look like Jabba the Hut, sans his genteel attitude.  🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

What is even interesting about Mariah? Take away her ragin' about causes. And please let's take her sexuality out of the spotlight. Ok Mariah, you have a gf. We get it. 

All Audrey and Mariah do is teleprompt each other. Finish each other's sentences. 

Take that away and who are they really??

• Love 9

Has Mariah ever mentioned what she “plans” on doing with her degree? Also what was her undergraduate degree in?

On a side note, I’m rewatching the Mariah sitting in the cul-de-sac staring at the Vegas house, while whining, “IT’S NOT FAIR!!” Plus, I forgot the little gem of Kody exclaiming, “I’LL HANDLE IT!” when Meri tells him Mariah is being moody.  Kody doesn’t handle shit 🙄 Oh, Mariah, you are the perfect blend of your asshole parents.  

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh those two girls have really let themselves go!  They aren't even trying anymore!

Audrey used to be pretty with longer hair and less poundage.  I hope she's able to get her weight down before she plans to get pregnant.

Mariah just looks sloppy with greasy hair.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Audrey used to be pretty with longer hair and less poundage.  I hope she's able to get her weight down before she plans to get pregnant.

Could you just imagine if some hapless person went off course and found themselves booking into Lizzie's during their term as hostesses?  One look at Mariah in the morning would be enough to send them careening outa there, yelling over their shoulder...never mind the breakfast bit, I'll just grab a cinnamon bun at the diner up the street.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Could you just imagine if some hapless person went off course and found themselves booking into Lizzie's during their term as hostesses?  One look at Mariah in the morning would be enough to send them careening outa there, yelling over their shoulder...never mind the breakfast bit, I'll just grab a cinnamon bun at the diner up the street.

Since I'm sure the only people staying there are Sister Wives fans, I'd imagine they already know what to expect. True story - hubby and I like to road trip thru Utah and AZ because they are both so beautiful. We have a road trip planned in June that will go through Utah. He was talking about it and I jokingly said, "did you book us at Lizzie's Heritage Inn in Parowan?" He panicked because he thought he had accidentally booked some place while he was looking up stops. Apparently that is one he came across in his search...but he thought it wouldn't live up to my "princess standards."

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

I mean, if you were a guest at Lizzie’s, don’t you think that they would ask why you’re there?  Lol. And, I’d be embarrassed to truthfully answer, yet....what reason could you possibly provide?  Lol

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I mean, if you were a guest at Lizzie’s, don’t you think that they would ask why you’re there?  Lol. And, I’d be embarrassed to truthfully answer, yet....what reason could you possibly provide?  Lol

"just passing through and needed a local place to stop for the night."

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 5

Your home made Rice Krispies are legendary!!! Can you sell me some ? And OMG its so dusty ahem I mean cozy in here! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

• LOL 11
On 3/29/2021 at 9:04 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Mariah actually looked pretty good when she graduated from high school.  She wasn't as cute as Aspyn, but she had nice hair that looked strawberry blondish.  She was a little on the fluffy side.   Not sure at what point she changed in college, but by the time she makes the trip up to Bountiful with Meri she has dyed her hair black and she has gained the college freshman poundage.   She also had on a heave sweater or hoodie which added to her fluffiness.   I know blonde hair often turns darker, but I don't think this is what happened with Mariah.  She would look a lot better if she could get her hair back to its original color.   Maddie also went dark with her hair.   I wonder if they heard too many dumb blonde jokes or something,   The dark hair doesn't look great on either one.

• Love 14
(edited)

Mariah and Audrey at the funeral for Bonnie, Meri’s mom.  Before I saw the caption that it was them with new short hair, I thought it was Dayton and someone.

AAA1238A-56D1-4BF6-B59B-60D941DE5AD0.jpeg

Edited by LucyEth