Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

Agree with both of you.

Those three have such strained relationships and wasn’t this close after the catfish debacle.

If she had respected them, she would have talked to them privately first. Reflecting on what had transpired prior to the “announcement” she may have not had a respectful attitude, wanted to stick it to them (surprise!), and had the others to buffer her from ma and pa drama.

If this stuff is scripted, they did a pretty good job acting this scene.

While looking for that episode, I saw a clip where Meri says something like Kody always had a closer relationship with Mariah. Yet we see Mariah living with Meri and not in Flagstaff with Kody. Appears the close relationship may have shifted.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I wouldn’t be surprise if Mariah wanted more people around in order to blunt Kody and Meri’s reaction. She was probably expecting them to flip out and thought they might be more restrained in front of others. I don’t blame her.

I think so too.  She probably knew Christine & Janelle's presence would mellow out Meri & Kodouche's reactions.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

While looking for that episode, I saw a clip where Meri says something like Kody always had a closer relationship with Mariah. Yet we see Mariah living with Meri and not in Flagstaff with Kody. Appears the close relationship may have shifted.

I'm pretty sure their divergent political views and Mariah's stridency about hers have driven a wedge between her and her father.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Agree with both of you.

Those three have such strained relationships and wasn’t this close after the catfish debacle.

If she had respected them, she would have talked to them privately first. Reflecting on what had transpired prior to the “announcement” she may have not had a respectful attitude, wanted to stick it to them (surprise!), and had the others to buffer her from ma and pa drama.

If this stuff is scripted, they did a pretty good job acting this scene.

Mariah's just following the money, IMO.  Kootie spends his time & money on Robyn.  The other women probably have to settle for peanuts from Dear Old Dad.  

• Love 5

Just thinking.  Maybe TLC met Mariah and said no thank you to taping her wedding!

Can you imagine how she would respond to being in the spot light?

Gives me the shivers just thinking about it and maybe they backed off!  Not worth the trouble!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just want to know what's a menstrual care kit - a box of tampons and sanitary napkins? 

And how do they know what size/shape and type each one needs?

I thought those looked like dog biscuits too.  Presumably each menstruator has their emotional support dog with them.

• LOL 10
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just want to know what's a menstrual care kit - a box of tampons and sanitary napkins? 

If Mariah is caring for the recipients the same way she cares for her own cute li'l uterus (and why wouldn't she?), the kit must also include a letter excusing said recipient from work, an emotional support animal, and a week's supply of vegan lattes and brunches.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Some ladies in our church were putting these kits together.  Pads, wipes, hand sanitizer, soap, new underwear, in addition to shampoo, toothpaste and a toothbrush.  They collected money, and then went and bought new products to distribute.  If available, they would put everything in a homemade tote bag.  They distributed about 100 packs per month.  They were very popular with the homeless population that would come on Saturdays for food and clothing.  The new underwear was very much appreciated.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Mariah was a curly-haired baby so I think her curls are natural, but I agree that the dark hair color looks harsh on her.  And while I don't care what Pudge does to her hair, I'm sad that Audge cut her gorgeous mane.  I'm trying to think about how this went down - Mariah chopped hers first and then demanded that Audge cut hers too?  In solidarity for - what?  Gender euphoria?  Rage at the world?  Uterus relief?  Saving the bees?  Mariah typically doesn't do anything without a long angry diatribe.  I'm very surprised she didn't have an entire IG story about why she cut her hair.

Also, she looks a lot more like Kody now.  Yeesh.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe TLC met Mariah and said no thank you to taping her wedding!

Can you imagine how she would respond to being in the spot light?

But what about us, TLC.  

We, the loyal, no life fans that have watched every episode of this fake greek drama in hiding, in fear of family and friends finding out we watch this shitshow. We know the good stuff is not filmed, yet we watch and snark here, behind a fake name, hoping for a bit of the good stuff. High five for the Meri catfish saga. The Flagstaff move has been a huge snore.

C'mon TLC,  we deserve this wedding!

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

But what about us, TLC.  

We, the loyal, no life fans that have watched every episode of this fake greek drama in hiding, in fear of family and friends finding out we watch this shitshow. We know the good stuff is not filmed, yet we watch and snark here in behind a fake name, hoping for a bit of the good stuff. High five for the Meri catfish saga. The Flagstaff move has been a huge snore.

Hear Hear!  The wedding would provide us with a veritable feast of snarkmeat for weeks on end.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Mariah reminds me of a 13-year old girl going through an awkward stage. All that’s missing is braces and acne.  I don’t mind short haircuts for women, but both those styles are awful. And when you get a bad short haircut, there is no place to hide (ask me how I know, lol).

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

For me, it's not so much the haircut but the woman beneath it.  The cut could work, but Mariah is a such a social justice monster that she will never look attractive in my mind.  Now, Audrey's hairdo is just awful.  She was a pretty girl before she began seeing Mariah.

• Love 10

I know what Mariah's new haircut reminds me of.  A birds nest!  Yep that's what it looks like!

I kept looking at it and finally a light came on!

I'd love to have one of our accomplished posters put a bird in it!  Remember the hose pictures!  Lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I know what Mariah's new haircut reminds me of.  A birds nest!  Yep that's what it looks like!

I'd love to have one of our accomplished posters put a bird in it!  Remember the hose pictures!  Lol

Or Curly of the Three Stooges

image.png.09aa7337a1964e9bba7dda210a496402.png

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

But what about us, TLC.  

We, the loyal, no life fans that have watched every episode of this fake greek drama in hiding, in fear of family and friends finding out we watch this shitshow. We know the good stuff is not filmed, yet we watch and snark here, behind a fake name, hoping for a bit of the good stuff. High five for the Meri catfish saga. The Flagstaff move has been a huge snore.

They've talked about it on the show - I think it's a given that it'll be aired. 

As a counterpoint, Logan's engagement has never been mentioned. Good for him taking back his life - I hope Janelle asks permission before using his photo in her SM feed.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Quilty1 said:

Or Curly of the Three Stooges

image.png.09aa7337a1964e9bba7dda210a496402.png

Isn't that Larry?  Not a Stooges fan, but Curly was bald, which made the name ironic.  

Mariah's pissy attitude makes her unattractive, no matter what she does with her (greasy) hair.

• Love 6

I know I normally post actual posts here. This time it’s the absence of a post that’s odd. Gwendlyn posted a happy birthday to Audrey in her stories the other day. Mariah did not acknowledge it on Instagram, and Meri didn’t either. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Mariah missed an opportunity to tell us that she's gay and in a relationship with Audge?  That is not like her at all.  Perhaps Audge decided that her birthday was a great opportunity to extricate herself from the smelly clutches of an egomaniacal, constantly angry, do-nothing girlfriend.  We can only hope!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 12/29/2020 at 8:22 AM, Quilty1 said:
On 12/29/2020 at 1:11 AM, Jeanne222 said:

@Sofa Sloth where are you?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That does make me think, though...anyone heard from @Sofa Sloth lately?

She checked in here a month or so ago.  She was starting a new business venture that was taking a lot of time and attention, along with I think she has a toddler at home.  Hopefully, we'll see more of her when the episodes resume.  I miss her too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

Incidentally, this past weekend Mariah was back to her expletive-laden virtual fist-shaking rage on her IG stories, in case many of you were worried that she'd lost her touch.  While I agree that there is a lot to feel rage over, dropping the f-bomb and calling her followers names is no longer interesting, or necessary, or anything.  Ms. Love and Namaste is doing her level best to dismiss and demean everyone who has the misfortune to look at her page - plus she's basically verbalizing what most people already think, minus the snide remarks and name-calling.  She's not helping anyone, or anything, to improve.  She can sit down and eat some more Rice Krispie treats and STFU. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Incidentally, this past weekend Mariah was back to her expletive-laden virtual fist-shaking rage on her IG stories, in case many of you were worried that she'd lost her touch.  While I agree that there is a lot to feel rage over, dropping the f-bomb and calling her followers names is no longer interesting, or necessary, or anything.  Ms. Love and Namaste is doing her level best to dismiss and demean everyone who has the misfortune to look at her page - plus she's basically verbalizing what most people already think, minus the snide remarks and name-calling.  She's not helping anyone, or anything, to improve.  She can sit down and eat some more Rice Krispie treats and STFU. 

I saw them, and agree with what you said.

• Love 6
On 1/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, laurakaye said:

Mariah is a loudmouth halfwit who is so busy yelling at everyone she is incapable of listening. 

Mariah should drop yoga and try boxing. It would be more honest (also I'd love to see someone get in the ring and wipe the floor with her). Pretty sure she'd be too afraid to even try, given she couldn't yell, post or tantrum her way out of it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Yeah, I don't think they have to look girly, I respect that. At least I think I do. But their transformations are not flattering in the least. Guys can choose the wrong look for themselves as well and if it was two guys I would think the same thing.

Mariah is no beauty but she looked much better before the makeover. I think they're making a "we're in your face" statement but I do not understand why, that's for sure. Gah, I sound like my mother and grandmother!

One of the first comments mentions the upcoming wedding so my guess that they already got married is mistaken. Or, they did get married but it's not real until it happens on camera.

• Love 12

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's all about being "IN YOUR FACE" and probably a little of "we'll look and dress however we Want!!"

I'm thinking..no problem...."if you want to go around looking like a pudgy, unattractive man-boy go for it!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's all about being "IN YOUR FACE" and probably a little of "we'll look and dress however we Want!!"

With an implicit dare for any of the followers to say anything negative giving Princess a reason to go off on anyone who dares.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

With an implicit dare for any of the followers to say anything negative giving Princess a reason to go off on anyone who dares.

Ummm, don’t you mean “Prince?”  (No offense to one of my favorite recording artists, the artist formerly known as “Prince,” may he Rest In Peace.)

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They look like every 20-something masculine of center lesbians...I think they look fine, but also I'm 80% sure I have a similar shirt to the one Audrey is wearing, and I definitely dressed similarly to that when I was 23. I'm a little more cleaned up now that I'm almost 40 but the mac of center aesthetic is definitely my wheelhouse and I think they're right in line with that style. Might not be everyone's taste, but there's nothing odd about how they're dressed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7