Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Mariah’s communication skills are lacking. I can find myself in the middle on an issue. Yell at me, call me names, and I will not be swayed or have any respect for what is said, even if in weeding out the crap, I would agree with the point.

So true!  She's mean and nasty in her posts, and she doesn't need to be so abrasive to get her point(s) across.  I agree with Sandy that Meri used Snowflake as a substitute for her lack of a husband's attention.  Meri and Kootie's narcissism rubbed off on their oh-so-special child.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Mariah’s communication skills are lacking.

See, that's the thing.  If we all have disparate ideas of what she is trying to get across that are polar opposites, then she is doing a shitty job of making her point.  Screaming, writing in all caps, and swearing are not doing a thing for articulating what she wants us to know.  Not that I want to know but still....

• Love 13

Normally people who list their preferred pronouns under their name write them as "they/them/theirs", "she/her/hers" or "he/him/his", but on Twitter Mariah is: 

mariah

@mariahlian

they/she.

Someone asked what "they/she" meant (since one is non-binary, the other binary), out of a genuine interest in learning, but of course Mariah just blasted them, and never answered the question.  I was wondering if it is a particular type of gender fluidity or a grammatical error, since many in her family don't know how pronouns work (or spelling, nouns, adjectives, etc).  Or is Mariah saying "I use the pronouns they/them and she/her is also fine"?  If so, why not say so when your followers ask.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Twopper said:

And she is probably still embarrassed by and disgusted with Meri over the catfishing. 

Hey!! did you know Meri was catfished?  /sarc

Mariah really needs to get over that. Mariah did try to tell her mother and Meri didn’t listen, Meri was wrong. Sometimes parents don’t listen to their kids (and the kids were right)- but you know what???Parents are people too who make mistakes.

Meri APOLOGIZED. Mariah needs to stop. The catfishing situation didn’t hurt Mariah at all (outside of social embarrassment). A part of having an adult relationship with your parents is respecting boundaries and that you may not always agree (on both sides). 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Mariah really needs to get over that. Mariah did try to tell her mother and Meri didn’t listen, Meri was wrong. Sometimes parents don’t listen to their kids (and the kids were right)- but you know what???Parents are people too who make mistakes.

Meri APOLOGIZED. Mariah needs to stop. The catfishing situation didn’t hurt Mariah at all (outside of social embarrassment). A part of having an adult relationship with your parents is respecting boundaries and that you may not always agree (on both sides). 

Did she? It sounded more to me like Meri made excuses and put all the blame solely on "Sam". In fact, Meri invited another woman over who had been catfished by same person to talk to Mariah about it and explain it wasn't Meri's fault. Mariah even said Meri forgot she was there for that whole thing and that Meri shares some of the blame. 

I think Mariah's frustration with Meri has less to do with the catfishing and more to do with how Meri handled the aftermath and lied about it (being a perpetual victim and not taking responsibility). Funny, since Mariah acts like a victim now, too. Angrily. Mariah learned from the best. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Did she? It sounded more to me like Meri made excuses and put all the blame solely on "Sam". In fact, Meri invited another woman over who had been catfished by same person to talk to Mariah about it and explain it wasn't Meri's fault. Mariah even said Meri forgot she was there for that whole thing and that Meri shares some of the blame. 

I think Mariah's frustration with Meri has less to do with the catfishing and more to do with how Meri handled the aftermath and lied about it (being a perpetual victim and not taking responsibility). Funny, since Mariah acts like a victim now, too. Angrily. Mariah learned from the best. 

I thought Meri did tell Mariah that Mariah was right, and Mariah saw through “Sam”. Meri didnt take responsibility but she did acknowledge Mariah tried to warn her, and was right and was looking out for her. To me that was Meri apologizing for not believing Mariah, even though she thinks “Sam” was the deceitful one and none of it was her fault. 

Meri was a damn fool but she didn’t do any of that to hurt Mariah at all. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think at the crux of the problem is whether Meri apologized sincerely after the fact is moot.  What may have got Mariah's yoga pants in a twist was the sneaky, underhanded way that Meri engaged with the catfisher.

Meri was motivated by her loss of the perceived power she once wielded over the other wives and attempted to usage her damaged ego online.  There came a time during these exchanges with "Sam" where it crossed the line between harmless flirtation and became a virtual affair.  No matter how naive Meri was, common decency should have told her that these actions were wrong.

By all means, if she couldn't go on the way things stood and she saw no way to resolve her issues, Meri was entitled to carve a new life for herself.  Where Mariah lost respect for Meri was the way she went about it, not whether or not she heeded Mariah's warnings.  Meri put Mariah in an intolerable position by confiding in her the deceit she was living, challenging Mariah's loyalty to her father.  No child should ever be put in that position.

I just spent a few minutes in Mariah's head and it's a dark place indeed.🤦‍♀️

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought Meri did tell Mariah that Mariah was right, and Mariah saw through “Sam”. Meri didnt take responsibility but she did acknowledge Mariah tried to warn her, and was right and was looking out for her. To me that was Meri apologizing for not believing Mariah, even though she thinks “Sam” was the deceitful one and none of it was her fault. 

Exactly. Mariah wasn't a fellow sister wife nor was she Kody. Mariah never should have been put in the middle in the first place--that's the issue. Parents make mistakes, they are human. I'm sure Mariah has made mistakes.

Not a Meri fan, but I'm even less of a Mariah fan--she likes to beat others over the head with her perceived righteousness.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

Exactly. Mariah wasn't a fellow sister wife nor was she Kody. Mariah never should have been put in the middle in the first place--that's the issue. Parents make mistakes, they are human. I'm sure Mariah has made mistakes.

Not a Meri fan, but I'm even less of a Mariah fan--she likes to beat others over the head with her perceived righteousness.

The bolded is another "point" for Mariah's side.  Not that there should be sides, of course.  Nor are there any winners in the situation.  But Meri never should have involved Mariah in her "affair."  That was another in a series of mistakes by Meri.  I can't imagine how Mariah felt having knowledge of this relationship and having to keep it from her father.  It's wrong to ask anyone to keep secrets like that, let alone the couple's child.  I don't care if she was 8 or 18.  How old was Mariah during Catfish-gate, anyway?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

The bolded is another "point" for Mariah's side.  Not that there should be sides, of course.  Nor are there any winners in the situation.  But Meri never should have involved Mariah in her "affair."  That was another in a series of mistakes by Meri.  I can't imagine how Mariah felt having knowledge of this relationship and having to keep it from her father.  It's wrong to ask anyone to keep secrets like that, let alone the couple's child.  I don't care if she was 8 or 18.  How old was Mariah during Catfish-gate, anyway?

Mariah was 19-20 during the catfishing. I agree that the main point is she should not have been put in the middle of the situation at all whatever age. 
The thing that Irritates me about Mariah is her “ I’m right, you’re wrong” attitude without any gray area or desire to see things from the other side. And either forgive your mother and move on, or cut her off and don’t accept money and support from her if what she did was so egregious to you, imo.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Mariah was 19-20 during the catfishing. I agree that the main point is she should not have been put in the middle of the situation at all whatever age. 
The thing that Irritates me about Mariah is her “ I’m right, you’re wrong” attitude without any gray area or desire to see things from the other side. And either forgive your mother and move on, or cut her off and don’t accept money and support from her if what she did was so egregious to you, imo.

That's where I am. No one's parents are perfect, (they are human beings with flaws) and if they have done you so horribly you cannot treat them with respect (which may be totally justified) then have some honor and set boundaries with them (or cut them out of your life if its that bad).

Mariah cannot hold the cat fishing thing over Meri's head forever, even though yes Meri was a fool, and yes Meri was wrong for putting Mariah in the middle of it- but that doesn't give Mariah the right to be disrespectful to her mother until the end of time, or to use the "mother's guilt" to emotionally manipulate her. Not cool. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

That's where I am. No one's parents are perfect, (they are human beings with flaws) and if they have done you so horribly you cannot treat them with respect (which may be totally justified) then have some honor and set boundaries with them (or cut them out of your life if its that bad).

Mariah cannot hold the cat fishing thing over Meri's head forever, even though yes Meri was a fool, and yes Meri was wrong for putting Mariah in the middle of it- but that doesn't give Mariah the right to be disrespectful to her mother until the end of time, or to use the "mother's guilt" to emotionally manipulate her. Not cool. 

I do wonder if the whole issue has become water under the bridge by now.  Mariah and Audge seem to have spent the entire quarantine period with Meri at Lizzie's, with the exception of Meri possibly scooting down to Flagstaff to do "lives" or grab inventory to do them from Parowan.

It's not a huge home and there is little to do in beautiful downtown Parowan, so the majority of the time, the 4 women plus staff and 2 dogs would have been tripping over each other.  By now, Mariah must be missing her gym membership and the daily excursions to bistros for expensive lattes.  She could consult with her psychiatrist online as well as continue her course of study, but chances are, she misses the hubub of major city vibes, so the fact that they appear to be still there in Parowan indicates to me that some sort of a truce has been found. 

• Love 6

I agree, Sandy.  Just the fact(s) that Mariah lived the high life in ChiTown for what?  A year or two, not to mention a yoga trip to Bali, all on dear mama's pocketbook, says that Snowflake figured out which side her bread is buttered on, and at least has given the impression that all is forgiven.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree, Sandy.  Just the fact(s) that Mariah lived the high life in ChiTown for what?  A year or two, not to mention a yoga trip to Bali, all on dear mama's pocketbook, says that Snowflake figured out which side her bread is buttered on, and at least has given the impression that all is forgiven.  

Right on Xword, I think Mariah has found a way to make Meri feel beholden to her and she will play Meri like a fiddle.  All those psychology courses (that Meri paid for) will give Mariah a distinct advantage in this saga.

Who should be surprised though, Mariah learned the fine art of manipulation at her mother's knee.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I do wonder if the whole issue has become water under the bridge by now.  Mariah and Audge seem to have spent the entire quarantine period with Meri at Lizzie's, with the exception of Meri possibly scooting down to Flagstaff to do "lives" or grab inventory to do them from Parowan.

It's not a huge home and there is little to do in beautiful downtown Parowan, so the majority of the time, the 4 women plus staff and 2 dogs would have been tripping over each other.  By now, Mariah must be missing her gym membership and the daily excursions to bistros for expensive lattes.  She could consult with her psychiatrist online as well as continue her course of study, but chances are, she misses the hubub of major city vibes, so the fact that they appear to be still there in Parowan indicates to me that some sort of a truce has been found. 

Hanging around that old house all day sounds terrible, but maybe Mariah and Meri have settled out and are building their relationship. And surely there's a coffee shop that has lattes somewhere in the area (or they have their own machine that makes them). 

As for other activities in that area, pretty much nothing except hiking and skiing. Maybe Mariah is out exploring versus hanging around that old house the entire time. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

As for other activities in that area, pretty much nothing except hiking and skiing. Maybe Mariah is out exploring versus hanging around that old house the entire time. 

Where are the artfully posed yoga positions with Mother Nature (and bees) in the background?  

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Where are the artfully posed yoga positions with Mother Nature (and bees) in the background?  

She’s too busy posting rants, cursing, etc. The rules of the forum prohibit me from sharing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, ginger90 said:

She’s too busy posting rants, cursing, etc. The rules of the forum prohibit me from sharing.

Wow, she's really ramped things up.  That girl is in serious need of medication.  Wait, isn't she supposed to be achieving peace through her yoga gig?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Wow, she's really ramped things up.  That girl is in serious need of medication.  Wait, isn't she supposed to be achieving peace through her yoga gig?

I didnt see anything on instagram...is she on twitter? I got curious and went looking for the trainwreck. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

I didnt see anything on instagram...is she on twitter? I got curious and went looking for the trainwreck. 

She’s on Twitter but I’m not sure how often she tweets. 

On 10/3/2020 at 7:51 AM, ginger90 said:

Mariah has mentioned numerous times that she does see a therapist. Mariah and Audrey stated at one point, they  both suffer from seasonal depression.

Remember this one?

1154E08C-F6F3-4252-9522-841516684824.jpeg

BF8BE7A2-940C-4BBE-85EA-77ADFB517686.jpeg

Girl is what would have been called in the 90s emo or a wannabe goth chick.  Does she own anything else besides  spandex pants and shorts? And growing up with her mom being the way she is no wonder she's the way she is, but she just thinks she's being trendy and cute when it's just bitchy and grungy.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

What is that dimple in her ankle?

That's where Kody's been kicking her, saying "Stop It!!!  You are destroying the image we are trying to project as a hap,hap,happy merry band of plygs".

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

That's where Kody's been kicking her, saying "Stop It!!!  

Or an old childhood injury that never got checked out by a doctor.  Perhaps being impaled by a kickstand when Kootie was teaching her how to ride a bike.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Nice picture of Mariah with her great-grandmother.  🤣

That is sad.  There is a picture on Audrey’s Instagram of her a few years back.  She is wearing a black cocktail dress and she is beautiful.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, sheshark said:

That is sad.  There is a picture on Audrey’s Instagram of her a few years back.  She is wearing a black cocktail dress and she is beautiful.

That's what I was flashing back to. She's used to being an active, athletic person but now she's in a relationship with someone who is used to sitting around, bitching and pouting whilst eating crap. The days of Meri cooking chicken and asapragus for a healthy dinner are long gone, it would seem. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Is that a wedding ring on Sludge's right hand?

3 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Is that a wedding ring on Pudge’s left hand?

Maybe this is their wedding photo, staged like a throwback to a 1890 pioneer couple (perhaps from a pic on the wall of the BnB), one with a topknot, the other with a hat, wearing the only clothes they have that are clean-ish and still fit.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 10/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, MonicaM said:

Nice picture of Mariah with her great-grandmother.  🤣

I like Audrey's/Sludge's hairdo.  Then again, I'm over 60, and haven't had a haircut/color since March!  😍

Living with Mariah/Pudge would put years on anyone.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

024310E5-84BF-4BA3-8A6A-3A716D865D69.jpeg

I seriously wonder if Mariah has any real friends outside Audrey (and excluding loyal SM followers). She's always so angry, reactive and combustable. Why would anyone want to be around a black hole of a personality? She sucks the happiness out of everything and destroys it in her dark soul. 

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I seriously wonder if Mariah has any real friends outside Audrey (and excluding loyal SM followers). She's always so angry, reactive and combustable. Why would anyone want to be around a black hole of a personality? She sucks the happiness out of everything and destroys it in her dark soul. 

I will never find myself in Mariah's rarified sphere of influence, but if I were, I would be hesitant to voice an opinion on anything.  Even if you agreed with her, she would find reason to nitpick your rationale.  She's so feisty, it must be a joy to be around her. 😬

• LOL 9