Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Mariah was prone to a bully attitude before she went woke, and this new worldview that  Mariah has groomed and Meri has paid for has only exacerbated this ugly personality trait, not helped it.

+++++++++1,000%.  You're right, she was groomed to be a bully by watching her mom and her dad allowed it to happen.  No wonder her half-siblings loved getting together to prank her, and why the adult Brown kids seem to have little to nothing to do with Meri.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

+++++++++1,000%.  You're right, she was groomed to be a bully by watching her mom and her dad allowed it to happen.  No wonder her half-siblings loved getting together to prank her, and why the adult Brown kids seem to have little to nothing to do with Meri.

Yes, I agree to this statement. I also think she invited herself to Maddie's house, and wasn't that the beginning of the pandemic ? She made Kody's birthday all about her with her engagement announcement. I have been watching this special snowflake somewhat grow up on the earlier seasons and see her stomp and whine and sulk until she got her way. I forgot the term they use for people on the internet who rant and rave and then go after posters whose opinion may vary or don't applaud or worship her.  Her ass must be jealous of the shit that comes out of her mouth ( RHOC TJ reference)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I have looked at the program before, and I don't recall that they offer a stand alone master's in social justice, although I could be wrong about that. 

I am wrong about that.    https://www.luc.edu/ips/degrees/social-justice/

I also  don't see her doing traditional social work.  Didn't Meri have a part time job working with young people as some type of advisor--I know she didn't have a degree--so maybe that's why Mariah is pursuing both.  It wouldn't surprise me, however, to learn that she has dropped out of the social work part and ends up with just the MA in Social Justice,  assuming she gets a degree at all.   I am several pages behind in this thread.

• Love 7
On 5/19/2020 at 9:00 PM, Meowwww said:

Right?  I have a Norwegian friend. They all did the tattoos, pit hair, hairy legs Woke granola thing in the late 80s. 

except for the tattoos, I recall a number of women who did that thing in the late 60's and early 70's.  It was gross then, and it is gross now.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m going to take a break from Mariah.

I’m going to leave these comments to people on her latest post:

4253A753-6210-4FE7-9561-D7DD1EDB2F9B.jpeg

Although the work you do for us here is greatly appreciated, I fully understand your feelings Ginger.  I don't belong to Mariah's Instagram, so without your posts, I wouldn't be aware of her rants.  That may be a good thing though, her strident, angry messages are not offering any solutions, they seem to be her way of attracting attention to herself, rather than resolving the hurt and anger so prevalent at this time.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m going to take a break from Mariah.

I’m going to leave these comments to people on her latest post:

4253A753-6210-4FE7-9561-D7DD1EDB2F9B.jpeg

Our dear Ginger, we surely understand!

Mariah is a hot mess, and you've done so much keeping us updated on her Instagram.  Thank you for taking one for the team in posting her stuff for sooooo long, and enjoy your break, you've earned it!  👏

• Love 19
(edited)

Apparently Hollywood stars are pooling money to bail out rioters and Jane Fonda (dressed in a black hoodie and what appears to be DIY lip filler and an over-filtered face) is saying that all whites, even the very poor, are privileged white supremacists. She & Mariah seem to be following the same tweeters and bloggers.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am an upperclass clueless old lady (white) who was given those same instructions as a teen about interactions with police ---show your hands, say yes or no sir, no sudden movements, etc.  This is common sense.

When we took our concealed carry class, our instructor told us, "If you are stopped for any reason, if the officer asks for your ID, give him your driver's license AND your concealed carry card.  It identifies you as someone who (1) is a law-abiding citizen with a clean record, and (2) is not hiding the fact that there is a gun in the car."  The officer will immediately ask where the gun is, and will advise you to keep your hands on the steering wheel.  Common sense.  And, as Dr. Phil often says, "People who have nothing to hide hide nothing."

It will probably also count in your favor when the officer has to decide between a warning and a ticket. 

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

I remember once when I was about 17 (late 1970s) my uncle talking to his sweet young son one afternoon about how to act when being pulled over by the police.  He told Jay (who was as white as snow with green eyes and red hair) to put his hands on the wheel and keep them where the police could see them, DON'T talk back, be very polite and do exactly what they say.  Any problems that may arise can be sorted out later down at the station.

The reason I believe this stuck in my mind for all of these years was due to my uncle's intensity during that convo, as he was generally an easygoing guy.  However, I think he was in his twenties in the 1960s and that might have had something to do with it.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 9
On 6/2/2020 at 8:34 AM, Twopper said:

I am an upperclass clueless old lady (white) who was given those same instructions as a teen about interactions with police ---show your hands, say yes or no sir, no sudden movements, etc.  This is common sense.

ITA and that's what I've done for the 50 years I've  been driving and what I preached to my daughter and her friends and to my grands.

#1 is radio off and hands at 10 and 2 as soon as the vehicle goes in Park because you can't accurately judge what the LEO can see as they approach - leave absolutely no room for doubt re your intentions.

Name your movements before you make them even though you are following instructions: I'm going to open the glovebox/the console, reach for my purse, etc.

I think this shows respect for the human behind the badge because you can't know how shitty their last encounter was or how lousy their shift is going. Your default should be "I am the most delightful traffic stop you will make today.'

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, suomi said:

ITA and that's what I've done for the 50 years I've  been driving and what I preached to my daughter and her friends and to my grands.

#1 is radio off and hands at 10 and 2 as soon as the vehicle goes in Park because you can't accurately judge what the LEO can see as they approach - leave absolutely no room for doubt re your intentions.

Name your movements before you make them even though you are following instructions: I'm going to open the glovebox/the console, reach for my purse, etc.

I think this shows respect for the human behind the badge because you can't know how shitty their last encounter was or how lousy their shift is going. Your default should be "I am the most delightful traffic stop you will make today.'

True.  The first thing my dad told me when teaching me how to drive, was that if I was pulled over to turn on my hazard lights, roll down the window and put my hands on the steering wheel.  To say yes sir no sir/mam.  But agree with the saying I am going to get my insurance card out of the glove box and my DL out of my purse or pocket.

• Love 6

I listen to a lot of true crime podcasts and am subscribed to one that focuses almost exclusively on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. The host prefaced this week's episode with the following, and the contrast between her approach and Snowflake's is just so stark:

Before we get started I want to acknowledge that this has been a difficult couple of weeks here in the United States for many of us. But for our Black and Indigenous citizens, it has been a rough few centuries. My goal with this episode is to lay out the case with Breonna Taylor as we understand it today, give a few thoughts of my own, but then elevate the voices of those who know more than I do. The show notes on this episode will contain links where you can find education, not on the case but on systemic racism in the United States. I'll also leave a few of my favorite Twitter accounts that have helped me learn and grow. It's not their job; it's not their responsibility to provide all that free education to me, but I am thankful for them.

To my White listeners, if you find that your own understanding of what is going on is lacking or you feel uncomfortable with it, but you don't know why, I recommend leaning in to that discomfort. Listen to Black Americans about their experiences and keep an open mind. All of those links in my show notes are just a click away. To my Black and Indigenous listeners and other listeners of color, I see you, I hear you, and I welcome your input on how I can do better. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

To my Black and Indigenous listeners and other listeners of color, I see you, I hear you, and I welcome your input on how I can do better. 

Words that we will never, ever hear Snowflake utter.  She knows it all, does it perfectly and if you don't think so, you are the stupid ones.

• Love 14
On 6/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, sharkerbaby said:

In fact the use of "x" is more closely related to the traditional mathematical expression of "x" representing a variable - Who knew???   

Mathmatically "x" refers to the ordinate (horizontal) axis and "y" to the abscissa (vertical) axis. Do Xs lie prostrate while Ys stand up for themselves?

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Mathmatically "x" refers to the ordinate (horizontal) axis and "y" to the abscissa (vertical) axis. Do Xs lie prostrate while Ys stand up for themselves?

Oh my, a totally opposite definition from miss woke snowflake...the "x's" should be the stand up in her world view. I have a hard time trying to decipher her interpretation of things....all so discombobulated...nonsensical...blather, blather, diarrhea of the mouth. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 8:56 AM, laurakaye said:

In regards to Mariah having the comments on for that particular post, I stupidly began my day by mindlessly scrolling through IG and I came across this very post from our dear, delightful Snowflake.  The first comment I read was, IMO, a decent, non-divisive response to Mariah and this person (Sue) said something along the lines of "all lives matter and we love all the people taking that extra step for humankind - Happy Pride Month!"  To which Mariah responded like a venomous snake that had been poked in the face, telling this person that the "all lives matter" is a BS statement and that Sue basically needs to sit down and shut up until she understands racism.  Someone else jumped in defending Mariah, while Sue - whose comment, I reiterate, did NOT seem at all like she was disagreeing with Mariah - posted twice that she did not mean any offense, her comment was taken wrong, and that she was sorry to have angered Mariah.  Mariah continued to rant at Sue by mocking Sue's phrase that "she didn't mean any offense, yet you keep saying the wrong things, are you not aware of what is happening in America right now?"  It was an exchange that made me so angry, and this is first thing in the morning (I have GOT to learn to stay off social media to begin my day).

I've seen this before. Mariah is parroting back the "woke" philosophy of the moment which she has been brainwashed with by the dominant extreme voices out there right now.  IMO it's a twisting of logic that is  actually designed to perpetuate racial inequality by turning the tables to subjugate and shame white people so as to even the score for their sins against blacks.  That is why saying "all lives matter" is offensive to them.  No, to be honest, to these radical people all lives don't matter, only black lives matter and if you say anything else you'll get a ration of hate.  To them it disrespects and invalidates the suffering of black people to say that other lives matter too, as if being loving and inclusive is the real sin.  I personally fail to see how being inclusive about that invalidates anyone's suffering.  You really have to reach far to come to that conclusion. 

Mariah's need to cleanse herself of her deep seated racial prejudice is so strong that she would likely call for her own oppression and the oppression of every other white person in order to achieve it.  I don't care what she does with regard to herself, but she shouldn't presume to speak for all white people nor attempt to shame and bully us into this with her.  IMO, there are much better and more constructive ways to attempt to eliminate racism and prejudice than this.  But what is the real goal here?  To promote unity and acceptance between races or continue to blame, shame and try to exact punitive justice?  Forgiveness is necessary before true healing and justice can take place.  Otherwise it just turns into more division and prejudice, which only makes things worse. 

Plus, my mother always taught me that two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 14
(edited)

I unapologetically fall on the side of "All lives matter" all of us matter, black, white, asian, muslim, what ever race/social/sexual group we fall into we all matter! Mariah's woke  spewings are just that regurgitating what she has read elsewhere to raise her hits.

My biggest fear is for my DD who is a Police Captain in a major Bay Area City in CA. Will I get the call that some "protestor/looter" shot her in the head? Does her life matter less? By the way she is 1/2 Chinese, but looks white due to my genes, has 3 kids and is the sweetest person you could know. But by current ideas she should die.  God help us all!

Edited by Gramto6
wanted to add the white factor
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I unapologetically fall on the side of "All lives matter" all of us matter, black, white, asian, muslim, what ever race/social/sexual group we fall into we all matter! Mariah's woke  spewings are just that regurgitating what she has read elsewhere to raise her hits.

My biggest fear is for my DD who is a Police Captain in a major Bay Area City in CA. Will I get the call that some "protestor/looter" shot her in the head? Does her life matter less? By the way she is 1/2 Chinese, but looks white due to my genes, has 3 kids and is the sweetest person you could know. But by current ideas she should die.  God help us all!

Don't worry, Grams, no matter how the media may be attempting to twist and spin their yarn, there are still many, many people that support the police.  A few bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch.  I hope she remains safe.  😊

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Xena said:

I fully understand that my privilege (as a white COL) means that if I am walking to my car late at night, and a police officer rides by and asks me  if I am alright, that I don't have to fear things going sideways for no reason.  I also know that they probably won't stop, because they will assume it's fine for me to be there, in a nice section of town.  

I love this forum, and I hate Mariah.  

Can I respectfully disagree with this?  Just because a person is white doesn't mean they have no reason to fear the police.  A lot of unarmed white people get hurt and die at the hands of police, and many more get hassled unnecessarily - granted, in many places blacks get hurt and die way out of proportion to their population, but in others that is not true.  I saw a very interesting chart that broke down police violence by state and it's shocking that the disparity by race varies so much in different areas of the country.  And yes, the incidence of police violence is getting worse for everyone, black, white or any other race.  What I wouldn't have expected is that police violence is much more out of proportion with Blacks in the Midwest than it is in the Northeast, even in cities and states where the population of blacks is much lower than the Northeast.  I would have expected the South to be the worst place, but the Midwest tops it!  That said, police killings are very rare in Minneapolis, toward anyone of any color.  So the disparity of police violence against blacks is definitely a problem in many areas, but not to the same degree so again, broad brushes never see the whole picture.

It's my opinion that police departments are out of control in general anymore in this country.  Last year my husband was almost set up by a cop in NJ who claimed he was doing over 90 mph. when he was doing the speed limit (he is very careful because he is a limo. driver and his career depends on not getting tickets).  It was only because he had a very rich, important client in the back of his car that the officer dropped the whole thing.  While not violence, it's just an example of how dishonest and scary the police have become.  Since then he has had a GPS device installed in the vehicle to prove how fast he is going at any given time.  My husband has been driving for a very long time and says this kind of stuff is getting more common.  Something has to change about the way police are trained.  And they have to stop with pushing them to find more crimes so as to get bonuses and stuff like that, because it makes some unscrupulous officers invent crimes that don't exist, or claim that force was necessary when it was not.  What boggles my mind is how they think they're going to get away with some of these claims in the day and age when we have people filming everything.

To bring this back 'round to Mariah, she is buying into the broad brush without paying attention to the facts.  Facts/shmacts - even if she and her friends followed the facts they'd likely dismiss them or skew them to suit their narrative (such as include justified killings to make the numbers look worse when it suits them).  In her mind the police ONLY commit unnecessary violence against Black people, never whites.  All whites have white privilege, which protects us.  But what about the significant number of white people that WERE unfairly hassled, hurt and killed by the police, in some areas to almost the same degree as Blacks?  Why didn't their "white privilege" protect THEM?  Granted, some (and in some areas a LOT) of the disparity in violence IS due to racism against Blacks, but again with the broad brushes and people like Mariah.  It's either all or nothing with her while things are never that simple.  And then these people attempt to brainwash everyone else into thinking like they do.  Look at the facts, that's what I do.  The truth is always more complicated.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Can I respectfully disagree with this?  Just because a person is white doesn't mean they have no reason to fear the police. 

You absolutely can, and I can tell that you are thinking about this.  I am not indicating that the police always treat white people with kid gloves - just look to the recent videos of the way white peaceful protesters were treated with batons, pepper spray, and rubber projectiles (also not saying all cops are bad - I AM saying all police unions need to look into the abyss for like two seconds, and that the 'Blue Wall' is how we got here - good cops must hold the bad ones accountable, and that is not happening).

If the BLM movement can bring about substantive police \societal reform, it will only help everybody, white, black, whoever.

Anything I would say falls short of what @Kohala3 has posted immediately above in the picture of the girl holding the sign. 

I will also say something that I think we ALL can most definitely agree on -   Mariah is not a good communicator.

Edited by Xena
Added comment about how BLM can help white folk too - since this is Mariah's thread, I mean 'folx'
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, Xena said:

You absolutely can, and I can tell that you are thinking about this.  I am not indicating that the police always treat white people with kid gloves - just look to the recent videos of the way white peaceful protesters were treated with batons, pepper spray, and rubber projectiles (also not saying all cops are bad - I AM saying all police unions need to look into the abyss for like two seconds, and that the 'Blue Wall' is how we got here - good cops must hold the bad ones accountable, and that is not happening).

If the BLM movement can bring about substantive police \societal reform, it will only help everybody, white, black, whoever.

Anything I would say falls short of what @Kohala3 has posted immediately above in the picture of the girl holding the sign. 

I will also say something that I think we ALL can most definitely agree on -   Mariah is not a good communicator.

It does happen; it just doesn’t make the news. An officer I once worked with is no longer an officer because we reported his aggressive behavior.  It’s scary to do this because you’re afraid he’ll turn his aggression onto you, which I’d actually been the brunt of. One day he was so angry I thought he was gonna lose it. So glad he’s out now. He tried to get other police jobs but his references were so bad no one would have him. 

So, it does happen. We don’t all stand idly by while bad cops rule the roost and the Mariahs of the movement need to know this. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I know and love many police officers having worked with and been supported by them over the years.  Just another view on this to ponder.

blm.jpg

blm2.jpg

Just a note that these cartoons did not dismiss the fact that other lives matter like Mariah did.  You can't say it's a BS view to point out that other lives matter too - you should say yes, they do matter but the issue we're talking about right now is Black lives.  But that's not what the radicals want to hold, to be honest, or they wouldn't be putting down anyone that pointed out that all lives matter.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It does happen; it just doesn’t make the news. An officer I once worked with is no longer an officer because we reported his aggressive behavior.  

You are correct, and I spoke in generalities.  A better statement would have been that too many cops cover for bad cops (the Blue Wall does exist).   

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Xena said:

You are correct, and I spoke in generalities.  A better statement would have been that too many cops cover for bad cops (the Blue Wall does exist).   

It does exist. I’ve seen that as well. It’s disgusting and criminal. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It does exist. I’ve seen that as well. It’s disgusting and criminal. 

I should have added in my first reply - thank you so much for reporting.  I can't even imagine how difficult, and scary that was, and I sincerely thank you, and everyone else, who does do 'the right thing' - even when it is hard, even when it may negatively effect you.

What would you suggest that the police force could do to more effectively encourage reporting?   I'm sure it's never easy, but is there a way they could improve the situation?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I have a friend on the police force of one of the cities in the Phoenix area.  He posted a Code of Conduct policy for their department.

Here is a snip from that document.  And - to the best of my knowledge and experience - they adhere to these policies.

This is a public access document, so I'm not posting something that is a private document.

Capture.JPG

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I have a friend on the police force of one of the cities in the Phoenix area.  He posted a Code of Conduct policy for their department.

Here is a snip from that document.  And - to the best of my knowledge and experience - they adhere to these policies.

This is a public access document, so I'm not posting something that is a private document.

Capture.JPG

That is interesting because statistics show that in Arizona in general and Phoenix doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to police brutality in general and against Blacks in particular per my sources.

Speaking of those sources - this site, especially the downloadable excel spreadsheet of statistics is most educational.  I especially pay attention to the disparity rate - which is in most states skewed toward more violence against blacks by the police than whites.  Generally speaking in the US overall, blacks are 3x more likely to die at the hands of police as whites, but note that they are 1.3x as likely to die as whites when only factoring in unarmed suspects of both races.  Yes, that's a significant disparity, and one that should not be overlooked or minimized, but it's still not quite as horrible as the Mariahs of the world want us to believe.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Xena said:

I agree with you about good cops having to hold the bad ones accountable, but something also has to be done about this in many departments system wide.  They're training a lot of these cops to be pumped up and acting like everything is a hostage situation necessitating SWAT team tactics.  What happened to "peace officer"?  That's not being emphasized enough department-wide.

Also I was responding to your statement below:

I fully understand that my privilege (as a white COL) means that if I am walking to my car late at night, and a police officer rides by and asks me  if I am alright, that I don't have to fear things going sideways for no reason.  I also know that they probably won't stop, because they will assume it's fine for me to be there, in a nice section of town.  

My husband would get upset if he read that because as a limo. driver he is routinely stopped and hassled by police in predominantly white towns if he's driving late at night.  He of course gets out of it by respectfully handling the situation and explaining that he's a limo. driver who has just dropped off of a passenger, etc.  He has even been asked to get out of the vehicle and grilled like he has to justify himself.  And he's the whitest guy you ever met, plus he's over 60 years old!

So unless you have been out driving in very white towns in the wee hours and are a man perhaps you have every reason to believe that you have some kind of "white privilege", but just know that it may be a factor of you not driving at what cops consider suspicious hours in privileged communities.  Plus being a woman, especially an older woman, may afford a certain amount of immunity from such things.  I have driven at odd hours in rich towns myself but I have NEVER been pulled over for no reason or hassled by the police.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Xena said:

I think you may have lulled yourself into a false sense of safety.

As a woman, white or not, you should most definitely feel on edge if you’re approached by a male officer in a dark or deserted area. That is why we are often taught not to pull over in your vehicle until you’ve reached a well-lit, preferably populated area.

Women are also victimized by female officers. A handful of years ago, a woman and her niece were pulled over on a crowded interstate stretch and were subjected to body cavity searches in full view of traffic. The female officer used the same glove to search both women vaginally and anally while a male officer looked on. No drugs were found.

Some people might argue that murder by cop is the ultimate offense, but dealing with being publicly raped by an authority figure in public and having to sue for any type of justice or reparation...well, that’s the stuff of nightmares to me.

People are myopic and very easily influenced, and that is the root of all of these issues. That is also why nothing will likely ever change and, most likely, will worsen with time.

• Love 5
On 6/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, Xena said:

I should have added in my first reply - thank you so much for reporting.  I can't even imagine how difficult, and scary that was, and I sincerely thank you, and everyone else, who does do 'the right thing' - even when it is hard, even when it may negatively effect you.

What would you suggest that the police force could do to more effectively encourage reporting?   I'm sure it's never easy, but is there a way they could improve the situation?  

It is scary. One day this guy blew up over having to switch vehicles. I honestly thought we were gonna get into a shootout over it. I was terrified of him. Even during scenarios, he was overly aggressive. 

Second part—it’ll be hard. I also worked with an officer who did wrong and was protected (he’s a predator of women). He’s got this buffer around him and never seems to  pay consequences like a normal person would. It’s a “good ol boys” club and that needs to be eliminated. It starts with strong leadership, but I also feel people need more psych testing and for racist/aggressive cops to be handled early on or not hired at all. It has to stop. 

Mariah seems to think all cops are bad. She doesn’t know how wrong she is. She truly does not know. 

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It is scary. One day this guy blew up over having to switch vehicles. I honestly thought we were gonna get into a shootout over it. I was terrified of him. Even during scenarios, he was overly aggressive. 

Second part—it’ll be hard. I also worked with an officer who did wrong and was protected (he’s a predator of women). He’s got this buffer around him and never seems to  pay consequences like a normal person would. It’s a “good ol boys” club and that needs to be eliminated. It starts with strong leadership, but I also feel people need more psych testing and for racist/aggressive cops to be handled early on or not hired at all. It has to stop. 

Mariah seems to think all cops are bad. She doesn’t know how wrong she is. She truly does not know. 

There are bad people in the world in every profession, race, socio-economic class, etc. Same can be said for good people--hopefully they outnumber the bad. I have personal examples where I was grateful for the assistance of the police--I also have a couple where I ran into an officer who must have been "having a bad day." When I was a 18, I had to go to court to testify about an incident I witnessed where plain-clothed policemen were alleged to have used excessive force on someone. BTW, it was on a white male with long hair (aka a "hippie").

I have two relatives that are LEOs--one just retired (thankfully) and one (my BIL) is still active. He gotten called into Newark as part of a rapid response team the past few nights even though he doesn't work there. He is a person of color (Puerto Rican). My sister is scared witless about him when he goes to work. But he goes without complaint. And he is one of the kindest, give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back people I've ever known.

Mariah makes broad generalizations and inflammatory statements--not helpful at all. 

• Love 19
(edited)

I know our dear Ginger is wisely taking a well-deserved break from The Snowflake Chronicles - a.k.a. Pudge's IG page.  Today Pudge posted a video of a woman giving a speech and her comments demanded that we "listen to her words.  Listen to her anger.  Listen, really listen.  Don't perform, just listen."

I'm puzzling over the "don't perform" part of her daily admonishment to her followers.  Don't perform....what?  Don't perform as if you are listening but you really aren't?  Don't perform for others while you listen?  Don't perform acts of kindness?  Don't perform the soliloquy from Shakespeare's "Hamlet?"  As per usual, she's asking her followers to watch a video while getting out her yardstick to swat the hands of anyone who doesn't follow her directions to the letter, vague as they may be.

She'd be a fantastic match with Jeremy Vuolo, husband of Jinger Duggar.  I'd love to get those two brainiacs in a room together and watch them try to out-pontificate each other.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Don't perform, just listen.

And this while she performs all of the time - and posts her performances on SM ad nauseum.  Poseur.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Do you work as a police officer?

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I know our dear Ginger is wisely taking a well-deserved break from The Snowflake Chronicles - a.k.a. Pudge's IG page.  Today Pudge posted a video of a woman giving a speech and her comments demanded that we "listen to her words.  Listen to her anger.  Listen, really listen.  Don't perform, just listen."

I'm puzzling over the "don't perform" part of her daily admonishment to her followers.  Don't perform....what?  Don't perform as if you are listening but you really aren't?  Don't perform for others while you listen?  Don't perform acts of kindness?  Don't perform the soliloquy from Shakespeare's "Hamlet?"  As per usual, she's asking her followers to watch a video while getting out her yardstick to swat the hands of anyone who doesn't follow her directions to the letter, vague as they may be.

She'd be a fantastic match with Jeremy Vuolo, husband of Jinger Duggar.  I'd love to get those two brainiacs in a room together and watch them try to out-pontificate each other.

I'd almost pay to see Mariah and Jeremy go toe to toe and argue with each other.  Two Snowflakes that think very highly of themselves.  All they do is perform, but they're SO special and entitled.  UGH!

• Love 16
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd almost pay to see Mariah and Jeremy go toe to toe and argue with each other.  Two Snowflakes that think very highly of themselves.  All they do is perform, but they're SO special and entitled.  UGH!

That really would be something to watch! They both are so full of themselves! I can't imagine either allowing themselves to be put into such a situation, but I would pay to see that exchange!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Mariah must be in Twitter/Instagram jail.  She hasn’t posted on either since 5/31. 

She's still posting her daily demands on IG stories...but I would absolutely love for her to be shut down for awhile.  If Mariah yells at her followers via social media but no one listens, does she still make a sound?

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Do you work as a police officer?

I did. Add on EMS and fire to those duties (federal service). I got burned out on the fatalities and general bad stuff I was exposed to.  I have PTSD from some of it. 

6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

So BLM is taken care of and now the number one problem in the world is that Mariah will never speak to anyone who loved her if they vote against her wishes?  

Attention span of a gnat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Me-me-riah making sweeping inflammatory statements and fighting with law enforcement on Twitter. No ass-kissing supportive comments here!

(Looks like her idea of ‘science’ is the same school as her dear old dad’s, with the ‘kiss others and their hormones go in your mouth’ 🙄)

AC8CCEA4-8097-461C-89A3-712EA3DC6D65.jpeg.762c3689b0d20b6f8b45eb64f707acdb.jpeg3B4F15C0-277A-45CD-8A59-E1EFA7EAABC8.jpeg.6a85449c3a52d862e2284aa060c69853.jpeg6B72AD47-25DA-43C7-9F26-6F1686D6CE5A.jpeg.100d9f65a25c6c46c328213e6d23327e.jpeg95431456-DBAA-4887-B44F-5C142A17585A.jpeg.2955b9e161be20695868371eb8bb3a31.jpegFE6B5A5E-CBAA-45D8-86C1-C005831C64C5.jpeg.c81204f83dd91c84ee9ab28f2c7847a2.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16