Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

On 5/20/2020 at 9:18 AM, Teafortwo said:

My show and tell was a pocketbook I'd made out of paper and staples and had colored with crayons.

When hubby was a little boy his grandfather who served in WW2 would tell him stories about the war, what his rank was and show him his medals.... Hubby would sit there mesmerized by the stories so when he started school he couldn't wait to take those medals to school and tell of his grandfather's adventures.

So Show and Tell day rolls around and hubby had his grandfather's medals in an envelope in his lunch bucket, a few kids get up and show their items and then it's hubby's turn and he proudly walks to the front of the class with his chest puffed out, full of pride and proceeds to tell his teacher and classmates "My grandfather was a General in the army, they called him "General Nuisance" and here's all the medals he won!"

As hubby was telling his story he couldn't figure out why his teacher burst out laughing and clamped her hand over her mouth to stop.

Hubby's grandfather was a character and quite the jokester. 😂

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Hubby's grandfather was a character and quite the jokester. 😂

Must be that generation.  My Poppy was quite the story teller as well.

My sister told the nuns how my grandfather had been a General in the Salvation Army during the Civil War and where he came from in West Virginia the cows had legs shorter on one side than the other  so that the could straight on the hills.  The nun drily told her that her grandfather had quite an interesting imagination.

As for Mariah's latest food image, somehow I thought it was green icing and wondered if she was celebrating a late St. Patrick's Day.

• LOL 7

She really is totally clueless.  Rules don't apply to her while preaching them to others. I'd like to throttle her sometimes or at least sit her down (at a distance because a - the pandemic and b - the smell) and have a come-to-jesus meeting with her about her entitled attitude. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

E4518D1C-5B1A-4349-9D6F-D67CCFBF1CB2.thumb.jpeg.4503fb536de09bc975d966562b3211ca.jpeg

Her sanctimonious rant from yesterday. I maaaay have added a paragraph to it...taking her smugness down a notch by highlighting her hypocrisy, just seemed the ‘decent human being’ thing to do. 

She is insufferable. She certainly thinks she's special, doesn't she?

Maybe she read George Orwell's Animal Farm and read the quote "..some animals are more equal than others" to mean it applied to her.

• Love 13
On 5/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, Sandy W said:

If you are going to "fcking" quote another's work, first get it right.  It's "truth WILL out".  Secondly, give credit where credit's due, original quote was from William Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice.   "arthur weasley" was quoting Shakespeare, he wasn't "telling us" anything new. 

Exactly - her initial post read, "the truth WITH out."  Dingbat.  And she tells us that "this life is one of resistance, maybe not for you, but for me."  Resistance to what?  Showering?  Washing her yoga mat?  Sheltering in place?  Not being able to go to her fave coffee shop for an $28 latte and avocado toast?  What, exactly, is her "resistance?"  She seems to think that if she takes a picture of herself doing yoga and accompanies it with a nonsensical paragraph of blah-de-blah, no one is going to look beneath her carefully cultivated woke exterior to the priviledged poser that she truly is.

Also?  "Get in my belly" is so 2012 Pinterest.   

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

She is insufferable. She certainly thinks she's special, doesn't she?

Maybe she read George Orwell's Animal Farm and read the quote "..some animals are more equal than others" to mean it applied to her.

Oh she thinks she’s special for sure. Anyone who doesn’t wear a mask or travels is an asshole, but these rules don’t apply to Mariah.

Mariah is a top level bitch. She deserves to be knocked off her podium and humiliated. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh she thinks she’s special for sure. Anyone who doesn’t wear a mask or travels is an asshole, but these rules don’t apply to Mariah.

Mariah is a top level bitch. She deserves to be knocked off her podium and humiliated. 

I'm sure that there are those that would challenge Mariah's smug, sanctimonious attitude, but we will never hear about it from her.  Her professors no doubt have read the same books as she has and realize when she is (mis)quoting someone else's work.  I would love to see the remarks on papers she has turned in.

There has been no mention of how Koda and Mosby, the ESA animals, were transported to AZ for this latest trip.  It would be too much to expect honesty from Mariah to acknowledge that they tried to pull a fast one and were tripped up.  The only service that those dogs perform is to supply Mariah, Audge, and Meri with unbridled devotion.  Dogs are like that, feed them regularly and don't beat them and they will turn somersaults when you come home.  That doesn't fall into the parameters of what the airlines set down as guidelines for ESA.

Her expensive Balinese yoga training seems to be targeted to those that follow her Instagram, she didn't attract even "donation only" participants to her sessions in the park.

These type of realizations would give most people pause and they would take a deep inward look at themselves.  Not our Mariah, she is far too busy correcting the rest of society on what she perceives as their failings.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

These type of realizations would give most people pause and they would take a deep inward look at themselves.  Not our Mariah, she is far too busy correcting the rest of society on what she perceives as their failings.

+1,000 - while doing absolutely NOTHING to support her supposed causes except to yell at her minions to do something.  She's the worst kind of hypocrite.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

E4518D1C-5B1A-4349-9D6F-D67CCFBF1CB2.thumb.jpeg.4503fb536de09bc975d966562b3211ca.jpeg

Her sanctimonious rant from yesterday. I maaaay have added a paragraph to it...taking her smugness down a notch by highlighting her hypocrisy, just seemed the ‘decent human being’ thing to do. 

But it appears she can eat a restaurant.  I could be wrong though.

I like to think that at least one person in her family would tell her to cut the crap and stop it with these posts.  Maybe they did, I don't know.  I wonder if they are whatevs with her because they don't care enough to bother.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Who is Mariah having this conversational exchange with?  Did one of her followers challenge her right to be a "liberationist" whatever the hell that is.

Presumably the liberationists are those protesting the shutdown. 

What sacrifices has Mariah made? I haven't seen her wearing a mask or staying home. Does she think punctuating her rants with swear words makes her seem more emphatic?  It just makes her sound lazy, unimaginative and childish.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Who is Mariah having this conversational exchange with?  Did one of her followers challenge her right to be a "liberationist" whatever the hell that is.

Was she defending herself to someone that was telling her she should put her money where her mouth is about racism and that just speaking out against it is not enough?

It looked like the person was getting on her for being "all talk and no action", something a lot of us here have noticed with her.  It's very easy for her to pontificate and "white shame" people when she does absolutely nothing to improve the situation for any of the minorities she supposedly defends.  I don't mind anyone speaking out against racism but from someone like her who probably has never even lived in a neighborhood or until recently a STATE that wasn't predominantly white, shouldn't SHE be the one heeding her words before she heaps the "white guilt" on anyone else?  Hypocrite much? 

I love how the woke crowd talks about "white privilege".  Speak for yourselves, don't presume all of us have enjoyed that much of that privilege despite being white.  Maybe YOU have, but as for me, I haven't had all that much of it.  Certainly not even a fraction of what she has enjoyed so far in her young life.  She has no idea what it would be like to (like me) grow up of limited means in the Bronx around people of all races and ethnic backgrounds and feeling like as a white person you're in the minority and hated by a lot of people just because you're white.  Never mind that you're not a rich white person and was brought up to accept people of all races, that doesn't matter.  I was a sensitive person and this stuff hurt me, but I suppose my feelings don't count to her.

I'm not asking for sympathy, just stating that she and many of these other guilt heaping white people have no clue what they're talking about.  They presume that their privileged, segregated and yes RACIST experience is true of every white person, and it is not. I grew up very close to people of all races.  I never even thought about color.  I had 3 races represented in my wedding party 40 years ago.  I never even noticed that until last year.  My classes were always at least 20% non-white and sometimes more.  My parents' best friends were black, and they attended a community center with many other black and hispanic friends.  And I'm not just saying that like the old platitude.  We lived in the same building with them and in the same neighborhood with many others.  I worked in offices that had many people of all races represented.  I never even lived in a non-integrated neighborhood until I moved to CT, and when I got here I thought all the "white people" were weird, LOL.  Seriously!  I never really got used to living in a mostly white area.  When I moved to another area of CT I chose to live in an integrated neighborhood because it felt more like home.  Yes, I met white people of privilege and knew there was still a lot of validity to the arguments exposing and criticizing white privilege.  These were people who turned their noses up at me when they heard what neighborhood I lived in.  So I know the racism still exists and has gone underground, plus I notice all these same privileged white people falling all over themselves to appear "woke" and unprejudiced when in fact many of them are just big racists trying to convince everyone, including themselves that they're not.  And I do think Mariah is one of them.

So I myself will always bristle at some young rube who comes from a lily white, "comfortable" background trying to make ME of all people feel guilty about my "white privilege".  Walk a mile in my shoes, you twit.  You have no idea how stupid you look to someone like me.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B89DB200-73AC-4E59-99F1-26C41533DD3E.jpeg

Ok I’ll take the bait and answer those rhetorical questions for you Me-riah.
 0E4CDB5F-FE19-46FF-97A6-84A844D0CDFA.jpeg.1a4de11b94d2424148be9c8af5780905.jpeg
It bothers me because your behaviour is evidence you actually only ‘care about others’ when it benefits you. It bothers me when folx are hypocritical fake self-servers, who are all woke buzz words and zero action, yet are happy to preach and project fault and blame onto others. 

6E308D00-D73E-4659-93CE-CFDAFF566209.jpeg.4c6b8107bf04f53850826228116e39b7.jpeg

Well you are entertaining! Granted it’s  not for your ‘social justice’ blathering, but because you’re a tone deaf moron, who never fails to take unflattering and unfortunate pictures, with ridiculous pompous captions, that can be mocked relentlessly.  67234847-8DF3-4DBB-B3A8-11E0E2E3D7F6.jpeg.7f1a53cdab3e35f4cd7d4fd8ba7b8671.jpeg
I care very much for all those who are marginalised and oppressed, this is mostly why your thinly-veiled self-promotion, disguised as genuine care and your theatrical faux outrage on today’s bandwagon, is extremely annoying and disingenuous. Very few people (including myself), need a preachy, white, 24 year old, from a conservative polygamous sect  background, to teach them about civil rights and equality. 
F6A783CD-73AB-4C5C-BBAA-2F9ABEB7BA78.jpeg.23aadab13a841aab28d277f52a606bd2.jpeg
Most people don’t hate liberationists at all. Only those with ulterior motives and self-serving agendas, who spend more time building a brand and image to scrounge dollars from their D grade, reality star fame (thus avoiding real work), and less time humbly educating society, by quietly practising what they preach. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Was she defending herself to someone that was telling her she should put her money where her mouth is about racism and that just speaking out against it is not enough?

It looked like the person was getting on her for being "all talk and no action", something a lot of us here have noticed with her.  It's very easy for her to pontificate and "white shame" people when she does absolutely nothing to improve the situation for any of the minorities she supposedly defends.  I don't mind anyone speaking out against racism but from someone like her who probably has never even lived in a neighborhood or until recently a STATE that wasn't predominantly white, shouldn't SHE be the one heeding her words before she heaps the "white guilt" on anyone else?  Hypocrite much? 

I love how the woke crowd talks about "white privilege".  Speak for yourselves, don't presume all of us have enjoyed that much of that privilege despite being white.  Maybe YOU have, but as for me, I haven't had all that much of it.  Certainly not even a fraction of what she has enjoyed so far in her young life.  She has no idea what it would be like to (like me) grow up of limited means in the Bronx around people of all races and ethnic backgrounds and feeling like as a white person you're in the minority and hated by a lot of people just because you're white.  Never mind that you're not a rich white person and was brought up to accept people of all races, that doesn't matter.  I was a sensitive person and this stuff hurt me, but I suppose my feelings don't count to her.

I'm not asking for sympathy, just stating that she and many of these other guilt heaping white people have no clue what they're talking about.  They presume that their privileged, segregated and yes RACIST experience is true of every white person, and it is not. I grew up very close to people of all races.  I never even thought about color.  I had 3 races represented in my wedding party 40 years ago.  I never even noticed that until last year.  My classes were always at least 20% non-white and sometimes more.  My parents' best friends were black, and they attended a community center with many other black and hispanic friends.  And I'm not just saying that like the old platitude.  We lived in the same building with them and in the same neighborhood with many others.  I worked in offices that had many people of all races represented.  I never even lived in a non-integrated neighborhood until I moved to CT, and when I got here I thought all the "white people" were weird, LOL.  Seriously!  I never really got used to living in a mostly white area.  When I moved to another area of CT I chose to live in an integrated neighborhood because it felt more like home.  Yes, I met white people of privilege and knew there was still a lot of validity to the arguments exposing and criticizing white privilege.  These were people who turned their noses up at me when they heard what neighborhood I lived in.  So I know the racism still exists and has gone underground, plus I notice all these same privileged white people falling all over themselves to appear "woke" and unprejudiced when in fact many of them are just big racists trying to convince everyone, including themselves that they're not.  And I do think Mariah is one of them.

So I myself will always bristle at some young rube who comes from a lily white, "comfortable" background trying to make ME of all people feel guilty about my "white privilege".  Walk a mile in my shoes, you twit.  You have no idea how stupid you look to someone like me.

This was her post basically responding to similar views:

AA3AF691-576F-4B2F-ABD0-79398B040CAD.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

"if you white you have it"

Trying to sound like a home boy? Nah, just the typical lazy posting.

I can't even read her crap anymore.  She  makes me want to puke.  For the love of all that is holy, cancel this program so these idiots will fade away into the obscurity they so richly deserve.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Being able to imagine what it's like to walk in another's shoes requires empathy.  I'm not sure Pudge possesses this quality, which is why I remain gobsmacked that she chose to go into social work.

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Being able to imagine what it's like to walk in another's shoes requires empathy.  I'm not sure Pudge possesses this quality, which is why I remain gobsmacked that she chose to go into social work.

I think the problem is that Mariah has bought into what I think is a racist point of view that labels all white people as privileged based on skin color whether they know it or not and because she has absolutely NO personal experience with anything different, she doesn't know any better.  When you grow up poor or lower middle class and in and live as a white person in an area that's predominantly made up of minorities and YOU are the minority it's simply not possible to have much of that white privilege even knowing that some white people with more money and social standing do have it.  Plus even if you wanted to take advantage of any privilege you would have no way of isolating yourself in some societal ivory tower of whiteness in order to reap its benefits, and the privileged white people would recognize you as "lower class" and not let you into their "club" anyway.  I realize that my experience may be less common but it's the reason a lot of people who grew up like me feel the way we do, including many of my oldest friends and my husband.  We accepted people of color all our lives - we didn't have to be guilted or shamed into it.

• Love 14

The only good thing that comes out of her stupid posts are the updated and hilarious photoshops by our Sofa Sloth.  More-iah is nothing but hot air and ridiculous blather.

What a raging sanctimonious dumb bitch.  Stick it where the sun doesn't shine, you moron.

• Love 16

I was watching some of S2 and S3 on demand and Mariah was a twunt back then as well. She obviously has way to much time on her hands. She needs to practice what she preaches, not taking selfies of fork smeared avocado toast and her shit squatting wokeness poses. Not all of us have the luxury to leave our homes and run to the country to live off mom and grammie. Mariah should google the term social injustice because she did exactly that when trying to pass off her dogs as ESA without the paperwork and then calling out the airline whom were following policies. She can go f*ck herself  

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I was watching some of S2 and S3 on demand and Mariah was a twunt back then as well. She obviously has way to much time on her hands. She needs to practice what she preaches, not taking selfies of fork smeared avocado toast and her shit squatting wokeness poses. Not all of us have the luxury to leave our homes and run to the country to live off mom and grammie. Mariah should google the term social injustice because she did exactly that when trying to pass off her dogs as ESA without the paperwork and then calling out the airline whom were following policies. She can go f*ck herself  

I will NEVER let the incident with the ESA dogs go, even if she wants us all to forget it happened. And we haven't heard a peep about her alleged "anxiety" lately. I guess it comes and goes whenever it's convenient for her. As someone who struggles with anxiety and PTSD on the daily, I will never forget what she did and will always remember she never apologized. She threw a very public tantrum, she owes a very public apology (apologies go a long way in my book because they are hard to do). 😡

Mariah won't change, either, until she's faced with actual trauma or hard times and no one to run to. She's like the real-life version of a whiny, entitled, bitch-face movie character who doesn't "get it" until the very end (if at all). 

For now, Mariah is a terrible, selfish, mean person. 

• Love 23
(edited)

I was born in white privilege but when I was 12 I was old enough to spend the summer volunteering in an inner city daycare so that the kids' parents could work. Most of the kids were black, the rest were minorities.  I worked (played) with the 3-4 year olds and it was a good introduction to how the other half lives. I took their lead when playing house or with dolls, blocks, etc.  Why doesn't Mariah DO something?  Reading and SM ranting isn't helping anyone.

When I was in grad school in Baltimore, I was usually the only white person on the bus. Once a 3-yr-old said "I'm not sitting next to a white lady!" when her older sister tried to put her next to me while corralling the other siblings across the aisle.  I smiled and said nothing, but did wonder what her family/friends told her about white ladies.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why doesn't Mariah DO something?  Reading and SM ranting isn't helping anyone.

Because that would require effort.  She would have to leave the sheltered (and I would wager all white customers) coffee house where she spends all of her time and actually go out into the real world.  She's not going to put herself out, too much effort.  Just blather on about injustice without actually offering her services to anyone of any color except her free yoga that no one attended. 

Have we ever heard one single word about her volunteering anywhere?  A food bank?  A homeless shelter?  A women's shelter?  Of course not.  

She makes me physically ill.  Shut it, Snowflake.  You are embarrassing yourself.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Just looked at an IG story from Mariah regarding George Floyd - a story so horrific, it makes my heart and stomach hurt.  I think it was a continuation of what she posted earlier.  It was Mariah wailing and gnashing her teeth about how no one understands racism except (apparently) HER - and that if we don't like it, we should not be following her, we should all get lost, read a book so we can be as educated as she is (she provides us the title of the book we should read), and we should not come back to her IG page until we can scream and rage as loud as she can while actually doing absolutely nothing about any of it.

Right after I read Mariah's post, I read one from Leah Remini - a much simpler and much more real and heartfelt statement - this from a kickass woman who has worked for years attempting to bring down the entire church of Scientology.  

The contrast was startling.  

Also, Mariah spelled the victim's name wrong.

She is beyond loathsome, and she seriously needs to STFU.  She is the authority on NOTHING.

These are screenshots of what is mentioned:

1AF2836E-B80B-4850-8FD7-E0EE6B7A2477.jpeg

43B6D2BA-00A7-4C95-AD2C-A9AF59F34258.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

It occurred to me that Mariah may be getting credits for her Masters' program with her online justice warrioring.  Hopefully her teachers are marking her down for spelling the victim's name wrong, bad grammar & punctuation, gratuitous swearing, and not getting her points across.  Chicago is starting to open back up - time for her to DO something!

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

These are screenshots of what is mentioned:

1AF2836E-B80B-4850-8FD7-E0EE6B7A2477.jpeg

43B6D2BA-00A7-4C95-AD2C-A9AF59F34258.jpeg

You keep speaking out against lynchings and police brutality dipshit.  I'm sure people are saying to themselves, If Mariah, the Great and Powerful, is against lynchings than it must be bad.  I guess it should STOP RIGHT NOW!!  Wow, thanks for telling me what to do.

Great job with this one Kody and Meri.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
(edited)
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A lot of  isims here.  So what happens when the police disappear?  Oh god, never mind.  Move along, toodles.  Move along.

Edited by toodles
Autocorrect is not my friend.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

"i pray on my feet with my actions"

Huh?  What the hell is she talking about?  The only action she's ever apparently done is some rainbow march and that was only for the photo op.  Texting garbage is hardly action "on my feet".

By all means, let's abolish all police departments and let chaos reign.  She really is a piece of work.

• Love 20

The "abolish police" movement is far from new and far more widespread than many of you may realize.  I first heard about it probably a decade ago and it's done nothing but grow.  It seems to be a parallel faction to the abolish ICE movement but gets far less coverage.

For illustrative sake, before posting I did a quick search to find an early mainstream write-up and found a Rolling Stone article from 2014 Policing is a Dirty Job, But Nobody’s Gotta Do It: 6 Ideas for a Cop-Free World  I'm certain I came across the concept years before when it was beginning to gain momentum and visibility.

• Useful 6

Let me get this straight. So she gives ‘thoughts and prayers’ while posting pictures of her flubby, half-naked body from the safety of her yoga mat and nice apartment, (the epitome of white privilege), while recommending abolishing the police force, and encouraging that others go forth riot with violence and burn stuff...yeah, that’ll fix it.
Good plan.

This girl is a piece of work. Put your money where your mouth is and go do something useful. Put of picture up of the victims, not an egotistical shot of yourself for a start. Link a fundraiser or petition, hell even go riot yourself!  Her thinking she can post a self-absorbed social media message and then take any credit for any advancement in a cause is revolting. She is doing zilch of substance and is a hypocrite slug jumping on bandwagon. 

• Love 23
(edited)

All logical thought has fled the premises of Mariah (that was in reference to abolishing the police and ICE).  

In the post above, just how much of that has Mariah done?  I still feel like she's ranting about that which she actually knows nothing.  Parroting a book or a professor is not helping the world, Mariah.

Edited by Absolom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15