Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Do we know who is paying the bill for Mariah's apartment and continuing education? 

there's really no way of knowing, but I'm one of the minority who doesn't think Meri's helping out, especially now. Other than when she visits Meri and takes advantage of free food and amenities.

I think that Mariah's got student loans. Yeah I know that Kody opined (stupidly) that Student Loans are Bad. But she's in her 20s and she doesn't have to listen to her dad's half assed advice. 

She shares an apartment with Audrey, and I'm guessing they're getting some sort of unemployment benefits since both were employed at the time COVID hit (I think Mariah was working at a Lululemon and Audrey was with a graphic design company). Shared expenses mean fewer expenses. 

I really doubt that Meri is making all that much at LLR these days. I bet she has credit card debt up the wazoo for all the merch she has to keep buying. 

She has a house in Flagstaff with $3k monthly rent, and the mortgage and expenses on the Parowan place. She can't take in guests right now and hasn't since probably mid-March. Meanwhile she still has to pay mortgage, insurance, upkeep (I doubt that her mom is mowing the lawn and taking care of the landscaping for example, and older houses need more maintenance), her mom's expenses (she probably gets some sort of social security but that's not much to live on) etc.

Maybe she gives Mariah little dribs and drabs every so often but I doubt Meri's funding her lifestyle as she has her own huge nut. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Do we know who is paying the bill for Mariah's apartment and continuing education? 

She has made vague reference to being a "spokesperson" for a gym and a line of athletic wear, but then she claimed that she and 'Audg' were able to travel to Utah lately as their income would be maintained, making it sound as though they had a regular income.  She didn't seem to have any clients result from her "donation only" yoga lessons in the park.

The trip to Bali and the specialized yoga training there must have been very expensive and she also maintains her apartment in an upscale Chicago neighborhood as well as all those pricey bistro lattes and avocado toast.

I can only assume that Meri is still trying to gain favor by underwriting Mariah's taste for the best of life and Mariah is working it for all it's worth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She has a house in Flagstaff with $3k monthly rent, and the mortgage and expenses on the Parowan place. She can't take in guests right now and hasn't since probably mid-March. Meanwhile she still has to pay mortgage, insurance, upkeep (I doubt that her mom is mowing the lawn and taking care of the landscaping for example, and older houses need more maintenance), her mom's expenses (she probably gets some sort of social security but that's not much to live on) etc.

The inn is only open for "essential travelers" right now.  I doubt that long-haul truckers are driving into Parowan to stay at a B&B.

I would think that Bonnie's SS is slim to non-existent.  She doesn't seem to have worked while being a sisterwife, and if her (shared) husband was a rancher, he may not have paid into the system.  

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The inn is only open for "essential travelers" right now.  I doubt that long-haul truckers are driving into Parowan to stay at a B&B.

I would think that Bonnie's SS is slim to non-existent.  She doesn't seem to have worked while being a sisterwife, and if her (shared) husband was a rancher, he may not have paid into the system.  

so Meri's first responsibility is to take care of her Mom. 

Mariah's an adult in her mid 20s while Meri has probably $5000 worth of rent and mortgage payments. Are people really buying that much crappy LLR right now? Money is tight for so many people and there's really nowhere to go to wear the stuff. 

Keep in mind that Meri has to also rely on her downline. She probably gets most of her sales because of her notariety, but what about the people under her? I just don't see them selling much right now.  Everybody I know, even people with jobs working from home, are tightning their belts. 

ETA: I just noticed that Mykelti has been very quiet on IG these days. Her last post was on Easter, weeks ago.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 5

Mariah's an adult in her mid 20s while Meri has probably $5000 worth of rent and mortgage payments. Are people really buying that much crappy LLR right now? Money is tight for so many people and there's really nowhere to go to wear the stuff. 

Nintendo sales are through the roof since the lockdown. I think you would be amazed at the shit people continue to buy. I'm surprised by Mariah's lavish lifestyle though. It doesn't seem like Maddie and some of the other adult kids are living quite as well off.

• Useful 2
16 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Nintendo sales are through the roof since the lockdown. I think you would be amazed at the shit people continue to buy. I'm surprised by Mariah's lavish lifestyle though. It doesn't seem like Maddie and some of the other adult kids are living quite as well off.

I think Nintendo is different because that's keeping oneself entertained while SIP.  There's been a huge drop in online clothing sales. J Crew just filed for bankruptcy and they were doing alright before SIP with their Madewell brand. 

Based on the tried and truism about the apple not falling far from the tree, I think Mariah is busily maxing out her credit cards to finance her lifestyle. That and spending X amount of weeks sponging off Meri and eating her food, that probably saved her some discretionary income as well. 

But like I said, I know I'm in the minority thinking that Mariah isn't being funded by Meri. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’m going to say this as gently as possible and I hope no one takes it the wrong way as I do not intend to offend. But I really don’t like it when non-blacks try to tell others how to feel about or treat or talk to blacks. It’s typically the “woke” ones who do it. It just seems so fake and self serving. These same people are, I’m sure, low-key (that’s a “woke” term) racist themselves. 

For the record, I’m one of the “black folx” (and how I hate that phrasing with the fire of a thousand suns). I also feel like people like Mariah would try to tell me I’m not black enough if I don’t meet certain criteria in their woke minds. Ticks me off. 

This girl is a joke. All the good she is spouting is probably just stuff she’s heard people on this board say. I know I’ve read on here where people have said as much, but for some reason the motive and intent from here seems more genuine.

Mariah is copying all the celebrities posting on Instagram over the last 24 hours about the same thing. I think Mariah is trying to carve out a spot as an influencer to make money off social media, based on the way she is posting. The Duggars are doing the same thing. As more and more idiots try to be "influencers", it's going to be less and less profitable. I get what you are saying, but I don't think her post was really about racism. I agree with someone else who said she copied it from somewhere. I still prefer her posts to Meri's weird selfies with 700 hashtags attached.

• Love 6

Go back to posting awkward yoga poses, Pudge, and take your faux outrage with you.  I have a very hard time believing in the pontifications of an extremely sheltered and pampered princess no matter what her "cause du jour" is.  Better yet - shut up and do something yourself instead of dropping all the swears on your followers.  Talk is cheap.  Get up and prove your wrath.

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Better yet - shut up and do something yourself instead of dropping all the swears on your followers.  Talk is cheap.  Get up and prove your wrath.

I wonder how many of those things Preachy McPreach has actually done.  Has she "challenged her own biases", "talked to her friends/family", "educated" herself, or "listened" to anyone but the narcissistic little voices in her head?  Or does this one posting cover all the bases so she can forget it and move on.

She is beyond insufferable.

36 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

But I really don’t like it when non-blacks try to tell others how to feel about or treat or talk to blacks.

Thank you for posting your view on this.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

What the fuck is up with spelling it “folx?”

Do I have to finally accept I’m not as woke as I thought? That I’m actually a COL? 😳

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

What the fuck is up with spelling it “folx?”

Do I have to finally accept I’m not as woke as I thought? That I’m actually a COL? 😳

I thought the same - is it like writing "u" instead of "you"?  Is it just too much bother to use -ks at the end? Or is that a bad thing now?? 😳

This all reminds me of the 1960s.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

We'd be delighted to have you join us!

10 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

And what about Native Americans, Mariah?  Aren't they worthy of care or notice?

Give her a couple of days. When she'd tired of the current rant she'll move on.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 4:21 AM, CocoPuffs said:

I’m going to say this as gently as possible and I hope no one takes it the wrong way as I do not intend to offend. But I really don’t like it when non-blacks try to tell others how to feel about or treat or talk to blacks. It’s typically the “woke” ones who do it. It just seems so fake and self serving. These same people are, I’m sure, low-key (that’s a “woke” term) racist themselves. 

For the record, I’m one of the “black folx” (and how I hate that phrasing with the fire of a thousand suns). I also feel like people like Mariah would try to tell me I’m not black enough if I don’t meet certain criteria in their woke minds. Ticks me off. 

This girl is a joke. All the good she is spouting is probably just stuff she’s heard people on this board say. I know I’ve read on here where people have said as much, but for some reason the motive and intent from here seems more genuine.

Thank you for this, loved your post! 

I hate it when I agree with what Mariah posts and while she’s spot-on here (except for the spelling of folks 🙄), her motive for posting it? Hmmmm...questionable indeed. 

Due to her history of hawking juice, water filters, MLM leggings and then the woke products on her website, I smell an insincere influencer trying to build a brand/public profile, just trying engage followers from as many demographics as possible, so ultimately they make her money. 

I don’t see someone who is genuinely concerned about the state of the world and society. She’s far too self-serving, attention-seeking and bratty for me to believe this is genuine support for a cause, unless it directly benefits her in some way. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Thank you for this, loved your post! 

I hate it when I agree with what Mariah posts and while she’s spot-on here (except for the spelling of folks 🙄), her motive for posting it? Hmmmm...questionable indeed. 

Due to her history of hawking juice, water filters, MLM leggings and then the woke products on her website, I smell an insincere influencer trying to build a brand/public profile, just trying engage followers from as many demographics as possible, so ultimately they make her money. 

I don’t see someone who is genuinely concerned about the state of the world and society. She’s far too self-serving, attention-seeking and bratty for me to believe this is genuine support for a cause, unless it directly benefits her in some way. 

You say it so well. She just doesn't seem at all genuine, and lacks empathy.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

And always remember being a COL is a state of mind, not an age..

From a COL in her thirties, I thank you for your woke position on this 😆 Mariah would be proud of your inclusivity! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9

Even a young child can be referred to as an "old soul."  I believe it was our @Kohola3 that said COL is a state of mind, not an age.  We are honored to have members of all ages.  My dad would have said they are "wise beyond their years."

We cannot say the same about Snowflake.  She's only into whatever puts fans and their money in her pocket.  

• Love 8

And call me stupid, but when I read a post that we should all be incensed about something, I would think there would be some actual details.

I had heard about - and appalled by - the shooting, but knowing that it was a young MAN who was shot, I didn't realize he was the "Maud" that was being hashtagged (his actual name was Ahmaud).  Did she know him well enough to call him by a nickname??

Her pretentiousness approaches the level of sickening.

• Love 23
(edited)
10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I wonder how many of those things Preachy McPreach has actually done.  Has she "challenged her own biases", "talked to her friends/family", "educated" herself, or "listened" to anyone but the narcissistic little voices in her head?  Or does this one posting cover all the bases so she can forget it and move on.

That's what she's done after other woke folx postings.  Wasn't she upset about the bees a few months ago?  And has not mentioned them since.

If Mariah is so woke, how come she isn't aware that referring to people as "black folx" (or even folks) sounds like something a white supremacist might say.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

She is such a phony...she says "black folx" but later "white folks" so which is she identifying with/supporting? The folx or the folks? Girl you need to get your $hit together and wake up and smell the coffee  you are drinking or just get the hell out of town! No one cares what you think!!! Really!

• Love 8

What's prompted Ms snowflake's outrage? Is there something g going on that hasn't made it across the pond? Or is it the parowan prophet?

Also, whats with the spelling of folx? Its irritating and pretentious

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, orangesmartie said:

What's prompted Ms snowflake's outrage? Is there something g going on that hasn't made it across the pond? Or is it the parowan prophet?

Also, whats with the spelling of folx? Its irritating and pretentious

Google the name Ahmaud Arbery.  He's the young man who was shot, and the outrage comes from the fact that - in spite of a video showing what happened - no charges were going to be brought initially against the two men responsible for his death.

As far as the spelling of "folx" being irritating and pretentious - consider the source.  So is she.

• Love 10
(edited)
19 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

...I really don’t like it when non-blacks try to tell others how to feel about or treat or talk to blacks. It’s typically the “woke” ones who do it. It just seems so fake and self serving. These same people are, I’m sure, low-key (that’s a “woke” term) racist themselves. 

Ok I’ve been pondering some more about your insightful post - particularly this ‘low-key racist themselves’. So true.

Only 6 or so years ago, Mariah was passionately entrenched in possibly the most racist religious sect ever - Apostolic United Brethren. AUB racism towards blacks, can be traced to the Bible story of Cain and Abel. Mormon folklore holds that ‘the curse’, God placed upon Cain was black skin. Fact check me if I’m way off COLS, but as I understand it, the AUB is so racist they literally separated from worshiping at LDS church temples when the LDS allowed blacks to enter temples and the priesthood. This was in the 1970’s? and AUB actually saw its membership jump considerably after LDS became more inclusive to blacks. The converts to AUB were LDS families who completed their conversions simply because they didn’t think blacks should hold the priesthood. Some AUB members actively sought out to convert LDS folx they thought would be partial to the AUB’s white supremest stance, (actually using it as a recruiting tool).

I imagine she still has much guilt about her involvement in spending many years with that abhorrent belief system and is keen to distance herself far, far away from that stance now, but it just makes her even more of a preachy hypocrite! For the majority of her life, she’s was literally the definition of a systemic racist that her posts refers too, how quickly she’s just shelved that away. Thankfully she did realise she was gay and got herself educated, or she’d still be an AUB white supremest with the same social media soap box, so hey guess it could be worse! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
On 5/6/2020 at 9:25 PM, Kohola3 said:

Taking a page from her dear old pseudo-mom Janelle's book - makes a reference to something and tells you to go look it up yourself.  "mutual aid funds for BIPOC - google it".  Can't even be bothered to post any more about her cause du jour. 

She'll forget about it by tomorrow anyway.

This. Once again, Mariah needs to be seen to care versus actually doing anything to care. That’s everyone else’s job. 

• Love 15

Mariah's use of "folx" always reminds me of "sk8er boi."

Cute, but dated, and intended for and appreciated by a very narrow audience. 

mkaybai.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Only 6 or so years ago, Mariah was passionately entrenched in possibly the most racist religious sect ever - Apostolic United Brethren.

Was/Is the whole Brown family AUB, or just Mariah? At least from what they show the public, they're always come across as pretty tolerant and almost liberal. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Was/Is the whole Brown family AUB, or just Mariah? At least from what they show the public, they're always come across as pretty tolerant and almost liberal. 

They all professed to be part of the AUB when the show started.  Very modestly dressed, spoke about their faith a lot, etc.

But now they have converted to the "Church of Kody" and wait for his pronouncements ("testimonies") as to what God wants them to do.  

Apparently, He wants them to move at the drop of a hat, overspend, under-appreciate, sell whatever pyramid scheme they choose to hook up with, and wear clothing that no one in their right mind would really want to wear.

Like many denominations, the Church of Kody seems to be losing members.  Most of them leave the church as soon as they move out of the parsonage house.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Google the name Ahmaud Arbery.  He's the young man who was shot, and the outrage comes from the fact that - in spite of a video showing what happened - no charges were going to be brought initially against the two men responsible for his death.

As far as the spelling of "folx" being irritating and pretentious - consider the source.  So is she.

Thanks

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Kellyee said:

They try to portray themselves as pretty tolerant and almost liberal, but when Mariah came out, Meri & Kootie were speechless and had looks of shock (M) & horror (K) on their faces.  Christine & Janelle seemed more genuinely accepting and Robyn acted like she was while mugging for the camera.

I've found that people who publicly pronounce their wokeness usually have underlying biases that they wouldn't want anyone to know about.  So they overcompensate and come across as fakes.  The black folx / white folks stuck out like a sore thumb of unwokeness. Better to keep your mouth shut and show your appreciation for others by what you do, not just by what platitudes you say.  It is also unwoke to assume all black people are the same and can be lumped together, and just plain unobservant and shallow - has Mariah ever met a black person or befriended one? All white people are not supremacists either.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Comes across better than Mariah’s, IMO.

If nothing else, she uses punctuation and capitalization instead of the lazy writing from Snowflake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

If nothing else, she uses punctuation and capitalization instead of the lazy writing from Snowflake.

And yet I still counted all the spelling/grammar errors to myself as I read. (I'm mean that way.) I'm sure they both make Westminister proud. 🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

And yet I still counted all the spelling/grammar errors to myself as I read. (I'm mean that way.) I'm sure they both make Westminister proud. 🙄

I confess I didn't actually read it. I was just blinded by the fact that words were capitalized.  I have no need to actually peruse her pearls of wisdom.

Nothing mean about noticing errors.  Drives me nuts especially when I run across things in a book.  Don't those get reviewed by an editor anymore?

• Love 10

The best way for whites (or anyone) to speak out against racism (or sexism or genderism or ageism, etc) is directly to the person who uttered something racist - immediately or privately ASAP. Not into the ether with nebulous platitudes on social media directed to nobody in particular. Many racists/bigots would assume Mariah is speaking to others, not them.  It is more effective to look racists in the eye when telling them what they said is racist, and if it comes from someone they respect, it will be more powerful. 

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It is more effective to look racists in the eye when telling them what they said is racist, and if it comes from someone they respect, it will be more powerful. 

Yes, but that would require courage . . . platitudes are so much easier.

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, but that would require courage . . . platitudes are so much easier.

Yep, not only do you not have to actually interact with them personally, SM allows her to just block anyone who doesn't agree.

As my mom used to say, all talk and no action.

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Well this is nice.  I wonder who really wrote this because it's not Mariah.  It has capital letters, punctuation and everything.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 12
(edited)

Happy Mother's Day to all the women who have given love to me, signed Mariah.  

Most people spend the day giving and showing love to their mothers.  If Mariah is so inspired by their love, why can't she give some love to others?

Who is all that food for? Truckers passing through Parowan?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Awww and Mariah is well-known to be such a good group cook - Wonder if she stormed out of the kitchen in a bratty funk this time, right after burning the food? (like she did when she cooked breakfast at Christmas with her sisters, as the eldest girls that time).

How amazing that the pretentious twit can capitalise letters correctly when she is required to, in a more professional capacity (makes me despise her even more knowing she doesn’t capitalise on purpose in her own posts then 🤯). It was all going pretty well, until the unnecessary capitalisation of ‘Legacy’, ‘Love’ and ‘Women’.  Seriously Mariah, proofread before you hit post, especially if you’re marketing. It’s just pure laziness.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Well this nice.  I wonder who really wrote this because it's not Mariah.  It has capital letters, punctuation and everything.

She probably copied off the internet and just inserted the names.

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Most people spend the day giving and showing love to their mothers

Princess Snowflake doesn't know how - her entire life is devoted to SELF care.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Mariah couldn't bother to put real clothes on for Mother's Day.  She's always wearing those unflattering skin tight leggings and sports bras.

• Love 7